[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people even like these characters? they weren't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: BR.jpg (21 KB, 464x266) Image search: [Google]
BR.jpg
21 KB, 464x266
Why do people even like these characters? they weren't even that special in the actual 87cartoon.
>>
they're lovable idiots
>>
>>78103962
I never understood their place.

Shredder was essentially Krang's bumbling idiot sidekick. Why did the bumbling idiot side kick have bumbling idiot sidekicks.
>>
>>78103962
I have no fucking idea
i mean, they kind of look cool, as laird's designs always do (he designed the silly shit for the toon and the toyline because he's good at it and wanted more money, and how stupid it was didnt bother him) but other than that.. i seriously don't get the attachment
>>
File: CityFall03.jpg (183 KB, 630x353) Image search: [Google]
CityFall03.jpg
183 KB, 630x353
Mostly besides Nostalgia? They are pretty much a lovable pair of idiots you can't help but like. IDW made me appreciate them more when they got a one-shot.
>>
>>78104080
Shredder wasn't a bumbling idiot, he was pretty capable. By rights he should have beaten the turtles every time. He just had incredibly bad luck.
>>
>>78104170
>they kind of look cool

I can't speak for all Bebop and Rocksteady fans, but personally, you just nailed it.

They sucked in the cartoon as characters, but shit, they were two of my favorite toys.

Nostalgia brought them back, but each new imagining has been pretty great, so there you go

>Shredder was essentially Krang's bumbling idiot sidekick.

I always saw them more as equal partners. But then I was a kid at the time, and in retrospect, if they were equal, Krang really got NOTHING out of the relationship, while Shredder got an army of robots and a pretty sick HQ out of it
>>
>>78104283
I've been trying to figure out why I like them since the new live action trailer came out and I have to agree it pretty much boils down to the designs. They just look awesome, especially Bebop.

As others in this thread have said, I also find it charming how dumb they are. I love in the IDW stuff that they are so strong it doesn't even matter that they are morons
>>
File: rocksteady.jpg (49 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
rocksteady.jpg
49 KB, 550x412
>>78103962
>they weren't even that special in the actual 87cartoon.
Fuck off they were my favorite characters/toys

I still have this Rocksteady figure.
>>
>>78103962
It's not about liking the characters. They portray the classic and new age of villainy. Which makes them like-able as role characters.
>>
>>78103962

80s cocksucking.

/thread.
>>
>>78104283
i remember i FOUND my rocksteady figure.. just abandoned outside of a building! lacked accessories but whatever, i loved him. i once got peanut butter in the holes under his feet. remember when figures had holes in their soles?
>>
>>78105236
>remember when figures had holes in their soles?
Remember when figures were held together by shitty rubbers?
>>
>>78103962
Yet another reason 2k3 was the best series....it didn't have these guys.
>>
>>78104080
>Shredder was essentially Krang's bumbling idiot sidekick.
Shredder was at the mercy of 80's writing.
>>
>>78105493
And it gave us god tier Hun.
>>
>>78105493
>implying that 2k3 wouldn't have made B&R godtier if they had shown up
>>
>>78103962
they're pretty much the jackleman and monkyeon of their shows
>>
No idea. When my nephew is playing TMNT he always says that he's Bebop. In his case I think it has something to do with Bebop and Rocksteady being the first bosses in the arcade game and being strong as hell.
>>
For me, it's the Archie comics that made them special. Sure, they were dumb minions, but eventually even dumb minions got the idea that hanging around being naked and gay on a paradise planet makes for a better life than henching.
>>
>>78106165
who?
>>
>>78106173
>nephew
>arcade game from 15 years ago
>>
>>78106294
I play the arcade game and Turtles in Time with him because they're better than any of the new games.
>>
Because they are incompetent henchmen! We never get these anymore in films!
>>
File: bebopcowboy.png (1 MB, 1112x1023) Image search: [Google]
bebopcowboy.png
1 MB, 1112x1023
>>78103962
They're cool in the new Nick series.
>>
>>78103962
The pig looks cool as shit, that's why.
>>
Did they get the glasses for Bebop from the mutants in Dark Knight Returns?
>>
>>78104080
There was an episode where Shredder just outright beats the Turtles 4v1 in a fight. It was at a dock and that's all I can remember.
>>
I like them because Stan Sakai. Ino and Gen are fucking badass.
>>
THE FISSION PLANT!
>>
>>78106724
>There was an episode where Shredder just outright beats the Turtles 4v1 in a fight. It was at a dock and that's all I can remember.

"The Incredible Shrinking Turtles".
>>
>>78106724
that's like literally his only feat.
>>
File: 24-4.jpg (93 KB, 592x578) Image search: [Google]
24-4.jpg
93 KB, 592x578
>Best Mutant will never appear in TMNT again.

I mean, it's a leech in a Park Ranger outfit. It's amazing.
>>
2 bros that are also mutants
>>
>>78106822
>TMNT has a prison for mutants
>Blood Sucker is the chief Warden
>Any of the inmates (especially animals) try to escape; Blood Sucker would catch them and drain them until they are animals.

shit writes itself.
>>
Best thing about Bebop & Rocksteady is that they make as much sense as they did in the 80s, especially Bebop. Think about it, when are you gonna find a black guy with a purple mohawk and those glasses?
>>
>>78107130
Didn't that Linkara guy date someone at some point that looked exactly like Bebop in human form?
>>
>>78103962
Their character designs are actually pretty cool.
>>
>>78106233
Thundercats mutants, you pleb, although the spelling is really mangled
>>
File: TMNT Roadkill_Rodney.png (527 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
TMNT Roadkill_Rodney.png
527 KB, 720x540
best TMNT right here
>>
>>78108871
Man, why didn't they use Rodney more often?
>>
>>78104936
I still got mine too, it's great. To me B&R are an essential turtles element. It's just not TMNT without them. They are every bit iconic as Shredder or Splinter.
>>
>>78106661

Probably. The turtles themselves started off as a parody of Frank Miller's Daredevil. I can easily see the creators dipping into another Frank Miller story for inspiration too.
>>
File: roadkill.jpg (46 KB, 600x588) Image search: [Google]
roadkill.jpg
46 KB, 600x588
>>78109821
did they ever use them beyond the miniseries?

i really wish we got a toy for them.
>>
>>78105925
I feel like they could've made the show a bit better if they weren't much different from their 80s versions. 90 percent of the humor came from Mikey, it'd be great to have other guys to split up the seriousness as well.
>>
>>78104954
>/threading your own post
>>
>>78105368
i remember g.i. joe.
>>
>>78103962
Oh they were special all right.
>>
>>78106724
>There was an episode where Shredder just outright beats the Turtles 4v1 in a fight. It was at a dock and that's all I can remember.

It was the ep with the Eye of Sarnath.

As I recall most of the time Saki was shown to be able to beat the Turtles, but equal to or weaker than Splinter. Whenever he wasn't portrayed as a very very old rat with arthritis.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.