[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legends of Tomorrow Anthology Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: lot-cover-30633.jpg (220 KB, 657x1000) Image search: [Google]
lot-cover-30633.jpg
220 KB, 657x1000
>FIRESTORM, written by Gerry Conway with art by Eduardo Pansica and Rob Hunter:
Firestorm is back! To save Jason Rausch, Firestorm will need to retrieve Danton Black’s stolen research from Professor Stein’s lab. But if Jason can’t fuse with Ronnie by the Firestorm Protocol…who can?

>METAL MEN, written by Len Wein with art by Yildiray Cinar and Trevor Scott:

>Doctor Will Magnus’ Metal Men may be the next step in robotics technology, but when the mysterious cyber-terrorist known only as Nameless comes after them, they may have met their match!

>METAMORPHO, written by Aaron Lopresti with art by Aaron Lopresti and Matt Banning:

>Metamorpho—a prisoner of millionaire industrialist Simon Stagg! Now, the only person who can save him is Stagg’s beautiful daughter, Sapphire!? But can they defeat Stagg’s prehistoric bodyguard, Java?

>SUGAR & SPIKE, written by Keith Giffen with art by Bilquis Evely:

>The last time we saw Sugar and Spike, they were still in diapers! Now, they’re grown up, and they’ve become private investigators who specialize in cleaning up embarrassing problems for the DCU’s greatest heroes. Sugar & Spike’s first assignment: retrieve a cache of Batman’s retired costumes that have been stolen by Killer Moth!

Anthology series titled Legends of Tomorrow. Batman v Superman variant covers in March. It's like DC wants to make money now!
>>
>It's like DC wants to make money now!

How exactly? It's a 7.99 book featuring characters that don't sell with no big name creators. Sounds like they would make more money if they were just launched as separate minis like originally announced.
>>
>>78103571
Wait a minute, wasn't the Sugar and Spike one announced as a separate series?
>>
>>78103571
>name it after the tv show
>comic has nothing to do with it

I know the Arrow and Flash digital series didn't too hot but dang
>>
>>78103571
>But if Jason can’t fuse with Ronnie by the Firestorm Protocol…who can?
I'm going to guess Jay Jackson
>>
>>78103619
They all were.
>>
>>78103609
By riding the Shows hype, it's not the first time shit like this happens
>>
>>78103619
They all were.

Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing were a couple other ones, but they have more faith in them than the rest so they're separate. Even Katana got lumped into an anthology series with Deadshot.
Raven is the only one left, I think.
>>
>>78103629
>Not Mikhail Arkadin

Who am I kidding, he's never coming back
>>
Bilquis Evely is pretty cool and is a pretty exciting choice for that mini.

The rest of these artist choices are really bland and disappointing though.

Bundling this up as an anthology probably isn't going to work and will most likely end up backfiring.
>>
>>78103651
They didn't buy the digital first books actually set in the TV show universe in large enough numbers to keep those going. Why would they buy an anthology that's completely unrelated?
>>
>>78103629
Thank you Johns...
>>
>>78103668
>Bundling this up as an anthology probably isn't going to work and will most likely end up backfiring.
It can't be too much worse than having 5+ more minis failing, can it?
>>
I guess I'll read for Firestorm and Metal Men. I don't care for Metamorpho. Giffen is very meh to me when he is writing by himself and his parts in futures end were literally the worst parts of the comic.
>>
>Not Harley & Ivy
>Not even a Gotham CIty Sirens revival

0/10 DC
>>
>>78103609
Minis don't sell. An ongoing anthology series? It might. Plus Firestorm on the cover with "Legends of Tomorrow" on the front is surely more likely to sell than Sugar and Spike.

DC wants to make good books, for the most part, but good books don't make money. Marvel does the opposite, and so they sell like crazy, with their other good books not selling as well as they probably should. This is a way to get out books that might interest readers, but without setting them up for failure.
>>
>>78103707
Harley already had a mini and has a second book
>>
>>78103707
>Waiting Harley with Ivy
You have some shit taste
>>
>>78103721
Still. I miss Sirens
>>
>>78103712
>An ongoing anthology series? It might.
In what world do anthologies sell
>>
>>78103696
I think they would make more money with several low selling minis vs one even at a higher price point

>>78103712
It's the same stories from the minis but packaged together. What makes you think it's an ongoing?
>>
>>78103707
Ivy is already getting a mini and Harley is confirmed to be in it.
>>
File: 172168_809600_4.jpg (235 KB, 792x1200) Image search: [Google]
172168_809600_4.jpg
235 KB, 792x1200
>>78103761
the first issue even
>>
>>78103761
>>78103774
Neat-o
E
A
T
-
O
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x480
>>78103774
>A good artists doing Harley
Is this the end times ?
>>
>>78103571
>Anthology

Yeeeeeeeees! Too bad it'll die upon arrival but I appreciate the effort.
>>
>>78103609
>$7.99 per pop

....Just how many pages does this have?
>>
>>78103841
Everything DC laucn is dead upon arrival. It's sad being a DC fan
>>
>>78103871
It's most likely the 4 minis put into one book sooooooo ~80?
>>
>>78103891
Yeah, it is 80 pages per book
>>
>>78103702
>Giffen is very meh to me when he is writing by himself and his parts in futures end were literally the worst parts of the comic.

Oh come on. Sugar and Spike given a deadpan cynical revamp, with plot involving Batman's embarrassing secret? Comedy gold! This is totally on Giffen's wheelhouse, it's not trying to be serious, it will play to all of Giffen's strengths as an author.
>>
>>78103571
>Sugar and Spike still happening
Thank you DC
>>
>>78103971
He also forgot that Giffen did one hell of job on Ragman
>>
>>78103744
A better one than ours.
>>
>>78103971
Oops, wrong reply, meant for >>78103942
>>
>>78103942
>deadpan cynical
Who says it's going to be deadpan cynical ?
>>
>>78103971
Seriously. Was starting to worry.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 320x320
>>78103571
>tfw Copper will never be integrated to Metal Men properly
>>
>>78104001
It's Giffen turning comedy toddler characters into private dicks, I'm willing to wager my left nut that's what he'll go for initially and then slowly turn it into his typical superhero farce
>>
>>78104094
It just sounds like it's supposed to be kinda silly off the bat, I'm betting all the superhero problems are going to be ridiculous
>>
>>78104382
And out of continuity, if we take the old cover has example
>>
So are these new stories? Reprints? CWverse tie-ins?
>>
>>78105278
New stories, not tie ins.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.