[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be honest here How many of you created an OC based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Let's be honest here

How many of you created an OC based around the idea of "The Librarian" (i.e. the OC's "power" was knowledge about ever single superhero and supervillain that would only be known by someone who had followed comics religiously)
>>
>>78098728
Nigga theres a mainline Marvel character who's basically that: Gwenpool.
>>
>>78098728
Well, mine took the shape of Dr. Carter.
>>
>>78098728
That was basically my idea for the Gods and Monsters version of The Question, Edward Nigma

He was the former head of ARGUS and basically the living embodiment of the MiB. He was responsible for Iran/Contra, Bay of Pigs, Pablo Escobar, Operation Papaer Clip, and pretty much every other crazy bullshit conspiracy theory. He had started life as a detective and been given life extending treatments by the government to help combat the Meta-Human Menace. Well eventually he got bored of that and decided it would be more 'fun' to become a freedom fighter/terrorist/whistleblower.
>>
>>78099044
>Ed
>The Question

I don't know why I like that idea so much.
>>
>>78098728
Is the DC version of this the Riddler or the Oracle?
>>
>>78098728
Wouldn't that be overly masturbatory?

"I wasted so much of my life reading comics that I could totally beat all these superheroes if they were real!"
>>
>>78099716

>beat all

That's where you make the mistake

I couldn't 1v1 any of the heroes

But I could easily call any other villain against said hero, or vice versa.

Idiot.
>>
>>78098728
does it count if it's a book that gives the reader the knowledge about ever single superhero and supervillain that would only be known by someone who had followed comics religiously
>>
>>78098728
Wasn't that the original idea for the Anti-Monitor when Wolfman was a kid?
I only recently got into comics so my OCs were mostly guys who blow up planets as a kid (DBZ) and guys with bizarre, fuck you I win through convoluted powers as a teen (FSN and Jojo)
>>
>>78099807
>You magnificent bastard.. I read your book!
>>
>>78099865

kek
>>
>>78099595

Riddler if we're talking a post-2008 world

Otherwise it's Calanderman
>>
>>78098728
That's basically what The Monitor is.
>>
>>78103381

Does the Monitor cross multiverses?
>>
>>78103419
Yes.
>>
File: antispi.jpg (218 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
antispi.jpg
218 KB, 640x480
I used to come up with a lot weirder ideas when I was young

One of them was a guy who gained physical strength from his symbol. The more you believe in him, have merchandise of him, or just in general the more symbols there are of him the more powerful he would get. Kinda like Larfleeze mixed with Uncle Sam

Then there's a guy who's power was that he could amplify everybody else's powers to the point where they could become self destructive. If you're superstrong, he makes you so strong that your body can't feel anymore. Or that if you're super fast, you'd be running at such a velocity that it would be physical possible to stop unless you wanted to crash and burn times a thousand

My favorite was Flag-Man. Similar powers to the first guy with the symbol gimmick, except he doesn't really have any powers. He's just a crazy guy who runs around with a bunch of flags on his back who uses the inspiration he gains from his fellow patriots to drive himself to fight crime

Christ, I was a stupid kid
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.