[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So she's supposed to be a completely unlikable cunt, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 18
File: 4594059-raqpnmw.jpg (89 KB, 634x938) Image search: [Google]
4594059-raqpnmw.jpg
89 KB, 634x938
So she's supposed to be a completely unlikable cunt, right? I'm not actually supposed to feel sorry for her?
>>
>>78097105
What's the point of this thread exactly?
>>
Correct.
>>
>>78097126
Celebrated autism.
>>
>>78097105
>So she's supposed to be a completely unlikable cunt, right?

Pretty much.

>I'm not actually supposed to feel sorry for her?

No, you should. Her life has been one messy trauma after another through no real fault of her own, which is in no small part why she's a completely unlikable cunt.
>>
>>78097126
Talking about icky girl cooties.
>>
>>78097537
more likely depression
>>
>>78097659
Hit the nail on the head anon.
>>
>>78097105
If this show changes her character for whatever next installment they put her in, I think she'll be easier to relate to. She has all this damage, but she'll be incredibly pragmatic after the whole trying to take Kilgrave alive ends up with way more people killed, including the girl she was doing it for.

I just wish she had Let Malcom have it after his little support group ends up freeing the source of their trauma because they couldn't trust her to get the job done. Instead we're supposed to continue feeling sorry for them but no one holds them, especially the autistic ginger chick accountable. And then he's all like "I have to get away from your darkness, Jessica" fuck him. They were the worst part of the show.
>>
>>78097105

Her "unlikable cunt" personality is a put on to cover up some deep, DEEP emotional scars. She intentionally acts like that to push people away so she doesn't hurt them or vice-versa. If she wasn't constantly being a bitter, asocial drunk, she'd be a trembling wreck on the bathroom floor.
>>
You make it sound like she ended up like this completely on purpose
>>
>>78097785
I was so disappointed in the support griup story line.

Also, we never got a "fuck yeah Jessica!" Moment like we did with Daredevil. I can see the other Defenders outclassing her pretty easily.
>>
She's an alcoholic with some pretty severe PTSD. Yeah, she's supposed to be unlikable, hell she hates herself.

But you are supposed to experience empathy like an actual human being and realize how the trauma she's gone through resulted in some part of why she is the way she is.
>>
>>78097105
No anon, she's "Empowered" and of course you're supposed to feel sorry not sorry for her because she's an empowered victim.

This show is legit just SJW pandering. All white males in this show are either total evil assfucks or submissive pussywhipped betamales. It pushes that everything bad to happen to anyone is caused by the upper class white male. And then they turn actual traumatic issues like abusive relationships and divorce in to some sort of butchered version meant to milk idiots who never had to deal with that shit for views. Stupifying an issue so normie casuals can "understand" it and at the same time insulting everyone who actually had to deal with that shit.

I don't see how /co/ of like two or three years ago would ever love this show. But now modern /co/ is a fucking tumblr hugbox so it makes sense that idiots here would love it. Fuck you guys. You used to be cool and could see past the bullshit, but not any more.
>>
Tennant being a shit actor makes me appreciate the talentless Danish faggot who was terrible in anything that's not The Hunt more.
Hannibal would've been more unwatchable if Tennant got the role.
>>
>>78097105
She's the snarky wiseass every 20-something year old white girl tries their hardest to be these days.
>>
>>78098042
>Simpson
>not the most sympathetic character
Shit taste family
>>
>>78098042
8 chan is that way, friend.
>>
>>78097105
she's got a good butt

>>78098095
lol, bitter
>>
>>78098042
And 7 years ago when /co/ was still love they would've have loved it.

It's all cyclical, my friend.
>>
>>78098101
You know for a fact that if Kilgrave was a villain on Agents of SHIELD or Daredevil, he would have been dealt with in 2 or 3 episodes, TOPS. He is seriously not a considerable threat, they just had to milk him for a season because "MUH EMPOWERMENT" bullshit and had no real way to make him an actual interesting and compelling villain.

It saddens me that /co/ is full of shills and tumblrinas now. I bet this show was shilled by the same people who tried to scream that Supergirl is an amazing show worth watching because they had a horrible CGI Martian Manhunter last episode. One good thing for a single episode can't fix an entire series of shit, lads.
>>
>>78098247
You should love the show then. Jessica's attempts at justifications for not killing Kilgrave directly result in WAY more people dying and when everyone with a brain in the cast are pushing her to kill him including The girl she's trying to save in the process, by way of killing herself in front of Jessica so she has no reason to hold back against him should tell you that the writers of the show agree with you that putting a bullet in Kilgrave's head at literally any time in the series would have been the best course of action.
>>
>>78098247

It's just that Jessica Jones/Alias isn't that interesting a story and they only adapted it because they needed an excuse to get Luke on the scene. It's filler that didn't need to be anywhere near as long as it is. They could have resolved everything and had it wrapped up by episode 4 tops.
>>
>>78097941
>>78097986
>Having a sucky life means it's okay to be shit to everyone all the time.

Fuck you you self-absorbed assholes.
>>
>>78098417
>>78098389
Right and the fact that they milked it for 13 episodes just proves they wanted the idiot sjw audience who would actually think it was a good show because

>MUH WHITE MALE HATE
>MUH FEMALE EMPOWERMENT
>MUH LESBIANISM
>MUH ABORTIONS
>MUH INTERRACIAL SEX
>>
>>78098145
>she's got a good butt

You must be joking, she has nice waist line though, skinny girls with hips are cute
>>
>>78098145

>she's got a good butt
>white
>any butt at all
>>
>>78098486
it's tight and perky with a bit of curve, not every nice ass needs to look like it's being filmed through a fish-eye lens
>>
>>78098518
>LE NIGGER ASSES ARE DA BEST OOGA BOOGA
When will Hiro ban all the non-whites?
>>
>>78098100
I cant wait for Nuke
>>
>>78097659
Well she did get her family killed.
And got more people killed with the most half baked plan she could think of.
Also a lot of her problems and mental state comes from the fact she refuses any type of professional help.

Feeling sorry for her is like feeling sorry for someone that got a raw deal when they were young but just kept fucking up no matter how much help was offered.
>>
File: nuke1.png (811 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
nuke1.png
811 KB, 850x560
>>78098537
>NUKE series

plz Disney plz!
>>
>>78098450
>MUH WHITE MALE HATE
Its clearly shown that if everyone had listened to Simpson, way less people would have died.
>MUH FEMALE EMPOWERMENT
Which, in both Jessica and her Sister's case, ends up being hollow as fuck that, again, ends up with tons of more deaths on their hands.
>MUH LESBIANISM
Which is portrayed as a broken marriage and a manipulative rebound. No endorsement there
>MUH ABORTIONS
For a rape baby that the main character tries to get the abortee to think about before the rich business woman tries to use the fetus for off-the-books super science, in a clear allegory to stem cell research and Planned Parenthood, you retard
>MUH INTERRACIAL SEX
As opposed to MUH UNFAITHFUL ADAPTATION? You have a point with Supergirl's Jimmy Olsen, but go fuck yourself if you'd prefer unfaithful adaptations to your own comfortable politics
>>
>>78098571

All of this, I know /pol/ is obsessed with getting fucked by black men but seriously "duuurrr muh sjw boogeymen" are you guys fucking retarded

>oh there are women and black peoples init TRIGGERED
>>
>>78098700
>I know /pol/ is obsessed with getting fucked by black men

w-what?
>>
>>78098571
No see I KNOW that it's bullshit. But feminists don't look at all that shit. They refuse to see why all their "good" points aren't portrayed in that light. Try and point out any negative part of their good points and they'll shit themselves in rage.

I just don't see how /co/ can still defend this show when it seems like there really isn't much going for it.

>>78098727
Some /pol/tard posted pics a while back proving he worked for a viral marketing company hired to shill internet forums with pro-interracial non black woman on black male imagery and comments as a way to subliminally message people in to thinking it was a far more common and normal practice than it actually is.
>>
>>78098525
Meh it just doesn't fit my standards for good, maybe being brazilian made me biased
>>
>>78098247
>had no real way to make him an actual interesting and compelling villain
But there is. Just make a completely terrifying inhuman monster, kind of like comic Purple Man + Henry from Portrait of Serial Killer, it's not like his characterization on the show is very deep anyway, so why not?

It's too bad the show made him a complete retarded wimp, justified it as "he's just a big child" (which is what DD's Kingpin was, but done much better) and constantly told how scary he is because fuck "show don't tell".
>>
>>78098776
ahhh, thatd do it then

I dunno I've always liked asses that are firm and tight
>>
>>78098899
YOU MADE ME LOOK LIKE A FOOL IN FRONT OF HER!
>>
>>78098899
Yeah the show totally fucked him and with how they portrayed him, he really wasn't a fucking threat at all. He was just a big manchild that SHIELD or DD could have taken out pretty damn quick.
>>
>>78098771
Paid shills are not board members, nor do they reflect board ideals or opinions. This would be like me saying the "I wanna kill Donald Duck" retard represents /co/.
>>
>>78098952
dude was controlling a big part of a city, not ANY city but NEW YORK CITY an let me tell you buddy

THAT is scary
>>
>>78098963
The joke there was that /pol/ is full of paid shills.

>>78098983
And again, if Marvel actually tied shows together instead of the occasional offhand reference, Kilgrave would have been done and over with in no more than 3 episodes. Hell, SHIELD could have him done with in 1.

>We've got reports that there's an inhuman with mind control abilities in new york
>Think he's with Hydra?
>We're not sure yet, let's bring him in.
>SOME TIME LATER
>Let's keep him partially sedated, see what information we can get from him while he can't use his powers
>My god, he's just one big manchild. We should probably put him in stasis since he's telepathic and a threat.
>THE FUCKING END
>>
>>78098771
>Some /pol/tard posted pics a while back proving he worked for a viral marketing company hired to shill internet forums with pro-interracial non black woman on black male imagery and comments as a way to subliminally message people in to thinking it was a far more common and normal practice than it actually is.
>proving he worked for a viral marketing company

My uncle works for Nintendo.
>>
>>78099146
I don't have the image saved but ask /pol/ and I'm sure someone will cough it up. He posted the business name, confidential emails between client/manager and manager/shill employees, etc.

It was pretty solid proof lad. But feel free to say otherwise. Only an idiot or a shill would try and turn away from solid proof.
>>
I feel like Jessica would be more of a liability than an asset on a team like The Defenders. Maybe that will have changed by the time the team gets together, but as she is now...eh.
>>
File: fuck up.jpg (46 KB, 658x448) Image search: [Google]
fuck up.jpg
46 KB, 658x448
Ugh. One fucking show. One show without the SJWs and pol coming up.
>>
>>78099204
>>/pol/58124318
>>
>>78099204
A vile conspiracy to make people watch videos of interracial sex?
>>
>>78099724
Don't know what Jessica Jones gotta do with this tho. Yea there's big black dick being laid down, but it wasn't the direct motive of the show.
>>
>>78099501

It's the way of the world now, sadly. Everything nowadays has an agenda.

If you're not SJW, you're /pol/ and there's no in-between anymore.
>>
>>78098042
Did you watch the same show?

Because in the one I watched, the most unsympathetic characters after the rapist/murderer main villain were all women, and one of those women was gay.
>>
>>78098562

>blaming Jessica for that
>not the idiot dad who took his eyes off the road while driving his family

He didn't even swerve or anything, he hit a giant fucking truck on a straight road. Even before he turned to yell at his kids, he should have seen it there. How stupid do you have to be?
>>
>>78098247
>He is seriously not a considerable threat
Nigga, he's the most OP villain in the MCU so far.
>>
>>78099876
Yes but anon they're "Empowered" so it's okay for them to be douchebags. Do you hate empowered women, anon?

Fuck SJWs and making character criticism impossible without being labeled for hate speech
>>
>>78098448
She's doing it to protect the people she's a dick to, so in this case it's justified.
>>
>can stop moving car easily
>struggles to pull herself up a guard rail
>tripes and tumbles over stairs stuns for a bit
>gets her ass kicked by a handful of regular dudes

The power levels, action in this show were god awful.
>>
>>78099920
Anon, you're literally arguing with someone who isn't here and accusing them of making arguments that don't exist.

Hogarth, Robyn and Patsy's mom are not portrayed sympathetically AT ALL.
>>
>>78099920
What? No, they're all terrible people, that's part of the show. That's by design. The only way they're "empowered" is that they have the agency in the show to BE terrible, and not just a love interest.
>>
File: top kek.png (161 KB, 1096x528) Image search: [Google]
top kek.png
161 KB, 1096x528
>>78099569
Heh.

Also, guy said he's delivering in thread, so watch for it.
>>
>>78097105
>Woman
>Unlikable
MIHSOGGYKNEEEEEEEE
>>
>>78098899
The fact that he was a spoiled manchild with godlike power was what made him scary. It's a step up from being a generic evil sadist.

And literally every scene he's in is showing why he's a threat instead of telling.
>>
You're supposed to feel sorry for her botched nosejob and shitty ass fake lips.
>>
>>78097803
Yes i know people with scars and they either self medicate with alcohol or, exactly as you said it, they are a mess on the floor.
>>
>>78100086
She looks like a goose who escaped Dr. Moreau's island.
>>
>>78099390
I don't see how she can be a liability.
>>
>>78099971
My favorite part is when she fails to catch up to a fleeing middle aged surgeon.
>>
File: u seeing ths 2.png (1 MB, 1895x799) Image search: [Google]
u seeing ths 2.png
1 MB, 1895x799
>>78099920
You wish there was someone here accusing you of that. Instead we all just see you're reaching for an argument
>>
>>78100197
I don't like his stupid ass, but you don't speak for anyone else you stupid faggot.
>>
>>78100070
Literally nothing on the show made him scary.

>It's a step up from being a generic evil sadist.
Oh, please. Generic evil sadist is all he was and not even a well-written one to boot like Henry I've mentioned. He was nothing more but a less charismatic and scary version of Mason Verger on Hannibal and that's coming from someone who hates Verger.

>And literally every scene he's in is showing why he's a threat instead of telling.
Oh yeah, generic mind-control he does nothing interesting or genuinely creepy with. So scary. He was pathetic to the point he was impossible to take seriously as a villain. Not even in a creepy way pathetic like Trinity Killer on Dexter, just pathetic in a way you don't want your villain to be.
>>
>>78098899
I think the biggest problem with Killgrave was his actor. Not that he was bad but because he's Doctor Who and not just DW but the most popular with the new fans. It's obvious the show runners shoehorned him in way to hard.

When he was just a shadowy figure making kids piss themselves in closets and making bitches jump all day he was actually menacing. If he was just a name and a voice for most of it he'd be a much better villain, but because he spends the whole thing all MUH WAIFU JESSICA it makes him just terrible
>>
File: cagecottonmouth.jpg (61 KB, 350x231) Image search: [Google]
cagecottonmouth.jpg
61 KB, 350x231
>>78100286
Here's hoping that Cottonmouth overcomes the Netflix series' tradition of having their villains be autistic man-children instead of the characters they are and normies taking that as good characterization.
>>
>>78100390
Can they turn him into something like Stringer Bell?
Please. I don't want another generic crime-lord or a boring psycho like Kilgrave.
>>
>>78098562
>Also a lot of her problems and mental state comes from the fact she refuses any type of professional help.

Do you shit on veterans who have PTSD, too?
>>
>>78098448

You lack empathy, don't understand the concept of trauma, and apparently cannot conceive of a flawed protagonist.
>>
>>78100459
I kinda want them to go straight with the jive talkin' old school abusive pimp route.
>>
>>78100522
Not that anon, but I get all of that is part of JJ. In real life I would care. When I'm watching a show for entertainment I just don't care to watch a show based around a protagonist dealing with those issues because it's extremely boring and irritating to watch.
>>
>>78100570

Then don't watch it or make threads bout it?

We don't need a "fuck SJWs and JJ general." JJ's a competently executed show that deals with trauma in a way multiple victims have come out and praised and isn't afraid to make its heroine look like a selfish piece of shit (instead of a perfect and pure empowered womyn). It's not Questionable Content. All these "MUH EMPOWERMENT" and >a bad life gives you the right to be an asshole posts are either bait or should be bait.
>>
>>78098899
>"he's just a big child"
I got the sense that it was just an act he was playing in order to manipulate Trish and Trinity into helping him even without his powers.
>>
>>78100602
>a selfish piece of shit (instead of a perfect and pure empowered womyn)
At this point I don't think it's possible for /co/ to like a female character that isn't waifubait.
>>
>>78100602
This is my first post in the thread, so all that just fell on deaf ears. I didn't make the thread.
>>
>>78100522
Wish they had shown a sympathetic Jessica pre-Purple Man so that people could at least root for her to overcome her tragedies and be happy again.

The way it is, she was a shitty teenager, something horrible happened to her, she became shittier, something else horrible happened to her, she became even shittier and when it was all said and done, there was no improvement.

I know it's conceivable for a person to behave like this, is just not a satisfying character arc for a show.
>>
>>78100646

Literally any female character described as a "good female character" triggers the fuck out of half the people here.
>>
>>78100623
The "I'm just a victim of a bad childhood" thing was definitely an act. Him being a spoiled manchild was genuine.
>>
>>78100657

That's fair. I'd have taken less Incest Twins and more Happy Jessica.

I mean even in Alias she's not a particularly likable teen but still
>>
>>78098924
I liked that line. The only bad thing about it was the delivery.
Otherwise
>a mentally unstable 6'4 muscle mountain (let's pretend it's all muscle like in the comics, because there's no way I'll believe he's just a fatty with strength feats like that) running at you wanting to murder the fuck out of you for a petty reason
The best scene in the show.
>>
Every time she interacted with another human being I felt like punching her face, I know people who grew up without parents and were raped and they don't have 2% of her rudeness.

Plus, she is responsible for more deaths than saved lives, if she just killed the Purple Man the first time Nuke told her to things would have ended much better for everyone.
>>
>people who liked Kingpin and disliked Killgrave

Is such a shit taste even possible?
>>
>>78098727
Prior to current sticky, /pol/ used to be flooded with Black dick porn. Even now they talk more about BBC than tits and swear off women.

>>78098899
He does mental tricks and makes people fuck themselves up. How much more can he do to show that? Do we need to see him raping Jessica on screen? You may not like the actor but his actions were exactly how killgrave is in the comics.

Furthermore they didn't justify it. People are seldom evil for no reason what so ever. The kid shit was just him making excuses and trying to gain sympathy from Jessica.

>>78099896
Eh its tramatic enough that one could blame Jessica. Although you are right that in court the dad would be 100% at fault if he had lived.

>>78100484
Yes I do when they shurg off anyone that tries to help them, do nothing to help themselves, and go into woe is me cycle. Bad shit happens but there are plenty of others out there who have had worse and recover.

>>78100673
>/co/ looks in a mirror and sees what they'd be like with powers: The character
>>
>>78100342
So much this. I actually liked the show, but it would've been so much better if they had handled Kilgrave this way.
>>
How long do you think jessicas butt hole was dirty?
>>
>>78100761
>Plus, she is responsible for more deaths than saved lives, if she just killed the Purple Man the first time Nuke told her to things would have ended much better for everyone.
Yes, this is kind of a main plot point.
>>
>>78100997
>Furthermore they didn't justify it. People are seldom evil for no reason what so ever. The kid shit was just him making excuses and trying to gain sympathy from Jessica.
According to Tennant, he feels that the character is how anyone with that kimd of power would turn out.
>>
>>78100997
Maybe have him do something actually disturbing? And I don't mean retarded edgy scenes like him forcing people to cut off his father's arm and put it in the blender.
Maybe make sure that mind-control scenes don't feel so casual they're no scarier than that Asgardian bitch on Agents of SHIELD?
>>
>>78097659
>Her life has been one messy trauma after another through no real fault of her own
The reason I find her unlikable is that she had control over it all.
Every moment she didn't cleave through him with her hand when he was right next to her, she was worse than Hitler.
>>
>>78101215
What else would you have him do?

Aside from the rape, murder and mutilation, he:
>Made a guy stand in place until he died
>Made a man abandon his young child
>Turned a guy with a promising career into a washed-up drug addict
>Made a woman live with him for a year and be his waifu
>>
>>78101306
Not to mention courting and fucking Jessica by proxy through Luke, creating artificial romantic scenes and pulling the rug out from under her, then having Luke say that he could never forgive her for what she did to Reva.
>>
>>78101423

He said the romance stuff was him but I felt like he was full of shit in that scene. Everyone who's been Killgraved takes on this weird sort of expression when they carry out his orders or respond to him, and its shown that people can be normal for most of the time and then switch to doing his instructions when triggered. I felt like it was normal Luke and he was just unaware of the subconscious instructions.

That or bad writing for dramatic effect.
>>
>>78101306
Something like messing with a person to the point where they don't recognize whether their actions are their own, comes to mind. Complex mind rape, not "I messed with X, now their life is ruined" the show chose.

The show tries too hard to be a psychological thriller but has no chops to pull it off.
>>78100997
Furthermore they didn't justify it. People are seldom evil for no reason what so ever.
Where did I fucking say that?
I said they justified making him a shitty unthreatening villain by making him a "big child" to add depth (and fail), not him being evil.
>>
>>78101215
I think you need help, please seek it out
>>
>>78101799
you failed to look into his brain then, it's not the writers fault. He spelled it out for you, but you don't have the empathy to understand it. That's on you
>>
>>78101880
Ebin meme.
>>78101908
What didn't I understand? That he's a shit villain? I understand that perfectly. He's not scary by any means. That's all
>>
>>78101960
>He's not scary by any means
so you are a sociopath. Because a guy that makes people kill their parents, themselves, abuse everyone around them....You are fucked up
>>
>>78101799
>I said they justified making him a shitty unthreatening villain by making him a "big child" to add depth (and fail), not him being evil.
What other explanation would there be? It's a perfectly logical one, given the nature of his powers.
>>
File: Ehh.gif (2 MB, 245x260) Image search: [Google]
Ehh.gif
2 MB, 245x260
>>78097105
Shes a cunt because of what happened to her. If you actually thought Killgrave was someone to pity past his childhood, you're an edgy faggot.

But the show was mediocre at best with maybe 5 episodes of content stretched out to 13. I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I would rather watch Arrow again than rewatch JJ.
>>
That's the point, instead of being a sparkly Mary Sue she's an actual flawed character. She's an anti-hero.

I don't feel like anyone who dislikes a female character or many female characters has some kind of women problem but female character wise I often feel that nothing would make /co/ (or even moreso, /tv/) happy (except for bland pedo waifubait, (again that's more /tv/ though).
>>
>>78102465
Or maybe the show just sucks at presenting what should be terrifying.
It's like Nightmare on Elm Street sequels
No one past the age of 8 would be scared of Dream Child or Freddy's Dead and things Krueger does are more fucked up than Kilgrave could ever hope to achieve.

It's all in presentation and the show really failed to present what it wanted well.
>>78102520
I don't even understand what you're talking about anymore. The point was: they want to make him a petty pathetic manchild instead of an actually character? Fine. Just don't make him so wimpy and stupid the show feels like cat trying to catch an evil mouse for 13 hours. You can make your villain a petty pathetic manchild and not reduce him to being what Kilgrave turned out to be.
>>
>>78102846
>The point was: they want to make him a petty pathetic manchild instead of an actually character?
How is him being manchild make him less of a character than a generic sadist who does evil just because?

He's still portrayed as a huge threat and a monstrous person.
>>
>>78097105
I watched three episodes and can't stand her. Basically everything she says to the lawyer sounds like something an angsty teenager would say.

Throw on all the bad writing and acting and the few fights being bad, I haven't watched an episode in over a week.
>>
>>78100390
I liked both Kilgrave and Fisk.
>>
>>78102879
Because he is a generic sadist who does evil just because? That's all he is. There's no difference between two characterizations you mention anyway, because they're both equally fucking shallow as a puddle, so the only way to salvage him was to make him scary which they failed to do either.
What the fuck are you even arguing about?
>He's still portrayed as a huge threat
He's portrayed as someone who's a complete bitch that could've been killed numerous times, absolutely cartoonish character and an idiot. The show does nothing to make him feel like a threat.
>>
I feel like they made Kilgrave a bit too "smalltime".

All he was doing shit to pleasure himself.

Why not make him a country level threat who sleazes his way into politics or some powerful corp.?

The "MUH WAIFU" shtick got really boring.
>>
>>78103044
>There's no difference between two characterizations you mention anyway, because they're both equally fucking shallow as a puddle
The difference being that one makes a lot more sense and makes for a more dynamic character than the other.

He's portrayed as the exact opposite of an idiot. He goes to huge lengths with his contingency plans. If Jessica hadn't developed an immunity he'd be unstoppable.
>>
File: tennant.jpg (88 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
tennant.jpg
88 KB, 500x658
>>78103104
>All he was doing shit to pleasure himself.

Well, as others have pointed out, if he pulled the "take over the world" shit, he'd quickly attract the attention of SHIELD, Avengers, etc. and get crushed like a bug. Also, why bother trying to take over countries when you can just have everything you want anyway? Why risk it?
>>
Walter did Jesse a favor by letting Jessica Jones overdose.
>>
>>78102932
>Basically everything she says to the lawyer sounds like something an angsty teenager would say.
Because that's what she's supposed to sound like.

Characters being assholes is not bad writing.

>>78103104
Because that's not the kind of person he is. David Tennant says it himself: He's not a madman, he's just trying to have a good time. He already has everything he could possibly want (except Jessica). Attempting shit like that would just make life harder for him.

That's a big part of what makes him a unique villain.
>>
>>78103136
You've never seen an actual real-life sadist, have you?
They both make equal amount of sense. Try to talk to people about nurses who abuse patients in mental institutions just because they're on a power trip and can get away with it.
>makes for a more dynamic character than the other
Except it doesn't at all BECAUSE THEY'RE THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING

>He's portrayed as the exact opposite of an idiot.
That's what the show wants you to think. He was making one dumb decision after another.

>>78103222
>unique villain
Nigger please. Every single serial killer who's not completely crazy is just trying to have a good time.
>>
>>78103307
>He was making one dumb decision after another.
Like?
>>
>>78101289
You do realize Utilitarians are the bad guys, right?
>>
>>78101289
Just because she's physically capable of doing it doesn't mean she's mentally capable of doing it. He's still in control of her mind, and it's not because of his superpower.
>>
>>78103104
cause he didn't care. He just cared about the immediate infront of him. The only time he started planning ahead was when Jessica got away from him.
>>
>>78103307
>Every single serial killer who's not completely crazy is just trying to have a good time.
Firstly, serial killers kill because they enjoy killing. Kilgrave doesn't give a shit about killing or even hurting people; he just doesn't have any aversion to it.

Secondly, most serial killers couldn't take over the world if they wanted.
>>
>>78103341
>letting Jessica make a fool out of him several times and only surviving because MUH HOPE
>coming up with a needlessly stupid plan to kill his father instead of just having his minions to go for the carotid artery
>everything prior to his death
He's an idiot, plain and simple.
>>78103530
Yes, that's exactly what I fucking mean by "trying to have a good time". Most sociopaths in general don't care about hurting others and people getting hurt are just consequences of their actions.
The point is that he's not a fucking unique villain at all.

Stop fucking misreading my posts goddamnit.
>>
>complaints about the series being as long as it is

It's a Bendis story, of course it's going to be decompressed and overstay its welcome.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 422x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 422x468
You know as much as I enjoyed Jessica Jones knowing that we're going to have to deal with the inevitable conflict in The Defenders where Jessica Jones keeps going "I tried to bring an irredeemable bad guy to justice once and it just kept getting people killed" and Murdock keeps going "I knew a man who showed no mercy to criminals and it led him down a dark path" to each other over and over and over has me already rolling my eyes, and we're two years away from it even happening
>>
>>78097659
She was even an unlikable cunt before the accident that killed her family.
She never changes.
>>
>>78097986
She was alcoholic before being mind controlled. In one of like 3 flashbacks we see her blackmail her boss and go get wasted at a bar before noon.
>>
Kilgrave did nothing wrong.
>>
>>78104058
That makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>78098247
>had no real way to make him an actual interesting and compelling villain
They could have made him terrifying. pretPty much very time he controlled people it didn't feel like there was a threat. Jessica go out of the hospital with ease and lost everyone in half a second. The final showdown was a fucking joke. They never fucking tried earplugs before and Jessica's plan was beyond horrible.

He had one great moment when he quotes Cage and says "I wrote that." Then of course the fight was shit.
>>
File: nuke.jpg (108 KB, 494x307) Image search: [Google]
nuke.jpg
108 KB, 494x307
I think we all know who the real hero of the show was.
>>
>>78097105
Luke Cage is too good for her. Hell, everyone else in the show is too good for her.
>>
>>78106017
Just think about how many lives he would have saved if JESSICAAAA didn't ruin everything and he just blew up Kilgrave's house.
>>
>>78106017
>then the doctor puts all the red pills on the fucking table next to him and walks away
He is really shoehorned in as a villain. The guy would have killed Kilgrave multiple times already and wouldn't be in the hospital if Jessica hadn't stopped him.
>>
>>78098450
It did feel like it went on too long
>>
File: nuke.jpg (24 KB, 220x347) Image search: [Google]
nuke.jpg
24 KB, 220x347
>>78106017
I hate how much Jess was shitting on him. And Will Traval pretty good as off-meds Cap.
>>
File: kilgrave.jpg (122 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
kilgrave.jpg
122 KB, 600x400
>Jessica: I suppose you have some safeguards and if you don't come back people with cut their throats.
>Kilgrave: Poison actually.
>2 minutes later Jessica knocks him out and ties him up

So over a dozen people just fucking died because of Jessica and they never bring it up again?
>>
>>78103688
>letting Jessica make a fool out of him several times
Like when?

>coming up with a needlessly stupid plan to kill his father
What? First he tells his father to cut his own heart out. Then he decides to make his father enhance his powers instead. Then he literally just orders one of his thralls to kill him. Where's the mistake?
>>
>>78106180
I was confused what happened to the servants in that scene.

As best as I can tell, Jessica knocked them out with something she put in their food, presumably to prevent them from poisoning themselves.
>>
>>78106428
I wasn't even talking about the servant scene. I'm talking about when she knocks him out and ties him up the next time and he is saved by the group. Holy fuck was he captured a lot
He walked in saying he released hope and said there were shitloads of people who would poison themselves if she did anything to him.
>>
Jessica a cute.
>>
File: Hana Happy.jpg (148 KB, 467x441) Image search: [Google]
Hana Happy.jpg
148 KB, 467x441
The ending would have been way, way, way, way better if Kilgrave told Jessica to do something horrible to test his mind control instead of stupidly looking for her reaction as he mind controlled someone else.

>Kilgrave tells her to kill the man next to her. She snaps his neck knowing if she doesn't her sister is captured and becomes his sex slave. She then ends Kilgrave as before.

That would make the ending fit a lot better too because she talked about how she wasn't a real hero.
>>
>>78106768
The ending would've been better if she had not said the "I love you" in the car and only said it in the end. But I guess they think their viewers are idiots.
>>
File: david-tennant.jpg (294 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
david-tennant.jpg
294 KB, 2197x1463
Why didn't Kilgrave just hop in his TARDIS and go back to before he lost control of Jessica?
>>
>>78097105
Honestly I'm now just mad that I didn't get that power, especially considering it works on little girls too.
>>
>>78103437
Kilgrave in a lot of ways is still 10 years old. He's pretty much focused just on immediate gratification and is extremely hedonistic. He's still an evil cunt though since even most 10 year olds know right from wrong.
>>
>>78107053
He was what you would expect many people to be like if everyone did what they said since ten years old. It would be difficult for such a person to even understand that people didn't want to do what he told them to.
>>
>>78097105
MISOGYNY

SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN
>>
>>78106905
He did, you just couldn't tell cause he used his powers to make you think Jessica won in the end.
>>
>>78104732
I hope Danny and Luke tell them to stop being brooding faggots.
>>
>>78106768
Would've been cool. Though normies wouldn't like it.
>>
>>78107312
My biggest hope is that LC and IF aren't as depressing as DD and JJ.
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>Shes an unlikeable CUNT
>Shes so IRRATIONAL

She's got tons of baggage and uses her standoffish personality to keep people safe from her bullshit, and she is literally confronting her rapist while trying to keep her PTSD from sending her into a suicide spiral.

If she were male she wouldn't be getting this vitriol. Her character is literally "noir protagonist PI with a traumatic past" played straight with a vagina.

This place is such a boys club lmbo
>>
>>78107908
in b4 do you know where you are
>>
File: 1389934583456.jpg (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1389934583456.jpg
3 MB, 1600x1200
>>78098042
>No anon, she's "Empowered
No this Empowered
>>
>>78098042
>No anon, she's "Empowered"

Empowered to suck muh dick

Seriously though that's the thing she's not GIRL POWER FEMINISM she is fucked up, she is supposed to be all fucked up and not a role model m8
>>
>>78098100
Seriously, where the hell did the family/senpai thing come from?
>>
The ''she's been through a lot'' excuse doesn't really hold up when you get to the flashback scene and see that she was already a total bitch even before her parents died

Fucker broke her brother's gameboy
>>
>>78108538
Senpai has existed forever, it's usually used to denote an older/more experienced student in Japanese culture. Here it's a way to be patronizing through irony.

Saying family instead of senpai at the end of shit is, again, just the local 4chan autists way of being ironic, attempting to take back slang from hip hop and black folks in general.

It's some fuckin high strangeness y'all have working its way through these boards, I swear
>>
Comics jessicas way better
>>
>>78107312
>Jess and Matt are whining and crying
>Luke shucks and jives in his yellow, open collared shirt and headband.
>Iron Fist just goes and defeats the bad guy himself
>>
>>78107548
>we will see luke cage and ironfist banter in live action in our lifetime
Blessed
>>
I hope everyone realizes that about 20 people wouldn't have died if Jessica listened to Simpson from the very begging.
>>
>>78108893
I just wish she would've gotten SOME shit from that

She's always snarking and being a bitch to people, but at no moment anyone snaps back at her and calls her out for being so fucking incompetent at the whole ''saving people'' thing
>>
>>78108961
They all also do whatever she wants anyway. I don't understand why the lawyer took any of her shit and the black guy who was smart enough to leave decided to stay at the end for no apparent reason. Hell, everyone keeps going to and staying at Jessica's apartment
>>
>>78108893
Yes. She fucked up. That's what she does.

>>78108961
>She's always snarking and being a bitch to people, but at no moment anyone snaps back at her and calls her out for being so fucking incompetent at the whole ''saving people'' thing
Are you serious? The entire series is nothing but other characters and Jessica herself talking about how shitty she is.
>>
>>78105813
That's not really on her, either. All teenagers are unlikeable cunts.
>>
>>78108839
While this is undeniably true, I think MCU Jessica is good enough. Certainly the best we could have gotten considering how many pieces of the original series just wouldn't work.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.