[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People will actually defend using Comixology >you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: comixology_amazon_1.png (32 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
comixology_amazon_1.png
32 KB, 504x360
People will actually defend using Comixology

>you don't actually own the comics you pay for
>Amazon will be forcing you to merge your account with an Amazon account by the end of next year
>they have taken away every payment method but Amazon Pay, no more PayPal
>merging associates your comics with an ID, hope you didn't buy anything weird
>you can't lend or resell comics
>one day it will shut down and all your comics will be gone

Worst of all
>paying for digital goods
>>
Why do you hate capitalism so much? Why can't you just be happy with Amazon's success?
>>
>>78095499
I don't care about any of those things, am I still allowed to use comixology?
>>
>>78095499
If you actually you Comixology, you are literally retarded. Paying for goods you don't own is a form of getting C.U.C.K.E.D..
>>
>>78095499
>job requires me to travel a lot
>still want to support series I like

Plus, $.99 sales are pretty rad.
>>
>>78095499

They do offer the ability to download books as cbrs, etc. for publisher's who have given their okay to make their comics entirely DMR-free. The Big Two are against it, but with Image books for example allow you can download them to your computer.

Hey, if it costs only a buck and I can read shit that isn't easily available in print, why not? I still buy everything that I think is worth owning and which I will want to go back multiple times in the future physically.
>>
>>78095550
>paying for something you don't own

I hate how c***ed has become a misused meme word, but it actually works in this case.
>>
>>78095557
>>78095564
I'm not a gamer, but Comixology $.99 sales finally allowed me to understand Steam sales.
>>
>>78095499
>>78095550
Why are you a plebeian who only reads Marvel and DC?

Buy creator-owned comics and you _do_ get to "own" what you buy, including gratis DRM-free downloads.
>>
>>78095583
I still buy Big Two shit from them, but if it wasn't for Comixology, I wouldn't have gotten into good shit like Image.
>>
Why is Marvel so shit with their $.99 sales and DC usually gas great ones? Are they that much hellbent on only shilling their new books exclusively? Same thing with their collections. Only Netflix related stuff seems to pass the bar where they put any effort in giving you a decent deal on shit.
>>
File: blood goose.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
blood goose.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>78095499
>>78095583
>Marvel and DC are the problem
>Anon blames an innocent third party instead
>Anon will continue to suckle at the teat of Marvel/DC
>Anon will continue to let themselves be penetrated in every orifice by DC/Marvel
>Anon will continue to swallow as another steaming brown load is dumped down their throat by Marvel/DC
>Anon will continue to stand by and watch without any objections as our beloved industry is fucked silly yet again by DC/Marvel
Is there a word for people like this?
>>
>>78095727
Product Lovers
>>
>>78095499

I've had to embrace digital simply because I live in a teeny tiny apartment and I'm running out of space.
>>
>>78095727
I don't think most people have love for the industry itself, just for characters they like, and if all the characters someone likes are from the Big Two, what do you want from the guy? It's not his fault the thing he likes is in the clutches of THE MAN.
>>
>>78095727
>amazon
>innocent
they are choking the indie scene
>>
>>78095705
Both big two publishers had BOGO sales recently, which is about the only time buying digital comics is worth the price.
>>
>>78095790
>Marvel and DC do something that OP doesn't like
>OP starts a thread to blame someone else
Are you seriously defending OP?

Do you seriously defend Marvel and DC?
>>
>>78095814
Are you stupid? I'm not defending shit, just stating that people in general don't give a shit about the industry as a whole and will keep reading whoever provides them with Batman and Spider-Man.
>>
>>78095904
>It's not his fault
Looks like defending.
>what do you want from the guy?
I want them to not make threads to blame X for something that Y is doing.

Is this wrong?
>>
>>78095797
Yeah, it's not like Comixology Submit exists or anything...
>>
>>78095499
But that's wrong.
>Amazon will be forcing you to merge your account with an Amazon account by the end of next year
Source. So far, they are keeping CMX accounts separate from Amazon ones unless you want to merge.
>they have taken away every payment method but Amazon Pay, no more PayPal
Not true. Just used PayPal and my CC.
>merging associates your comics with an ID, hope you didn't buy anything weird
CMX accounts have always had IDs.
>you can't lend or resell comics
You can't lend or re-sell anything that is digital. Pretty obvious.
>one day it will shut down and all your comics will be gone
CMX TOS states that if CMX is to shut down, all comics that the individual purchased will become available to be downloaded in cbr/cbz format, which also includes Marvel and DC.

This is a problem how?
>>
>>78095499
>>78095550
>>78095564
>>78095566
>>78096025

You don't own physical comics you buy either. You just own the paper and ink and staples

Media is just a delivery vehicle for content, it has no inherent value.
>>
People will actually defend going to the movie theater

>you don't actually own the movie you pay for
>no singles policy
>penis inspections

Worst of all
>paying for a light projection
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.