[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: civilwar.jpg (797 KB, 1280x2139) Image search: [Google]
civilwar.jpg
797 KB, 1280x2139
Without comparing to BvS what is your honest prediction on Civil War?
>>
GOATest movie ever made, taking all Oscars.
>>
>im with you till the end of the line, pal
>>
Another faceless superhero movie full of unfunny jokes, boring explosions and unrealised potential
>>
WS is one of the best MCU additions, I have high hopes for this. I'm 100% sure RDJ snuck his way into it because he wants to be in a good sequel. Or infinite money. Both.

It's going to make a billion.
>>
>>78093607
The fact that the Winter Soldier was written by the same writers as the First Avenger allowed them to sow seeds, and then reap the rewards in terms of characterization and plot points later. The fact that the same guys are doing this one gives me a lot of hope, and from your picture, it looks like they're going to continue the trend. Al lot of the other Marvel Sequels have kind of felt like they were treading water because they were written and/or directed by different people, and each team felt the need to introduce their version of the character's story, rather than jumping off from where the last one left off.

Because of that, we got 3 Iron Man movies with essentially different versions of the same villain:
the extensive writing team of Iron Man's rich asshole: Stane
Justin Theroux's rich asshole in Iron Man 2: Hammer
Drew earce and Shane Black's rich asshole: Killian
I know it can be counter-intuitive to say that having different people work on it each time leads to the same story, but it happens nonetheless, because each one seems to want to form an obvious connection to the previous one's work, so whatseems to happen is that they try to tell the same story in their own style. It's why Star Wars 7 will most likely be "JJ Abrams presents Star Wars: A New Hope."
>>
All the captain america movies have been really solid. Looks cool, but I'm kind of afraid the shitty civil war sub plot is going to take over the cool bucky/cap reunion scenes.
>>
Iron Man being on the gubberment's side doesn't really make sense to me - I mean, Iron Man 2 was basically Tony waving his pasty ass at the feds and telling them to pucker up.

I haven't watched an MCU film since the Avengers, so maybe I missed the part where Tony had a change of heart and decided to get back in bed with the military industrial complex like he was in the beginning of Iron Man 1?
>>
The Captain America movies are the only ones with good significant character growth and world building throughout the series, so there is some hope. I expect a simple story though
>>
>>78093846
He built Ultron
>>
>>78093846
Tony's basically realized he is a fuck up.
>>
clusterfuck
>>
>>78093846
>I mean, Iron Man 2 was basically Tony waving his pasty ass at the feds and telling them to pucker up.
You realize Iron Man 2 is longer than the first 15 minutes right? I see IM2 posted in Civil War threads way too much as a reason Tony should support the government.

>tony tells government to fuck off because no one has his tech
>whiplash makes god bleed
>tony gives a suit to rhodey (the government)
Tony even makes a 2nd War Machine armor for Rhodey. Then there's 3 more movies with Iron Man that develop Stark.
>>
>>78094026
>You realize Iron Man 2 is longer than the first 15 minutes right?
The only pieces of dialog most people remember in the movie is from the scene were Tony shits on the government. They choose to ignore that later in the same movie Tony gives Rhodey, and by extension, the military, one of his suits. His only complaint about it being in government hands in IM3 is they named it Iron Patriot. In AOU he fucks up with Ultron and indirectly causes the destruction of a whole country.

His decision to back down and work with the government isn't really strange at all.
>>
I have the feeling it's gonna end up focusing more on the Bucky side of the conflict than the registration side.
And I seriously doubt they're gonna kill of Cap like they did in the comics. People donĀ“t like Bucky nearly as much as Steve.
>>
>>78094395
Guy who plays Bucky is signed up for something like 16 movies. He's gonna be new Cap when Evan's contract runs out. They could 'kill' Cap in CW and revive him in another movie.
>>
>>78093635

what would have happened if Whedon was still the director but he is gone.
>>
From the first trailer looks like "Fuck the comic, we're doing our own thing, but we'll borrow A FEW elements from the comic"
Looks fun though.
>>
>>78093607
From the trailers, the only thing it has in common with the event is in name alone.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.