[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbing of Age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: 2015-12-11-amber.png (396 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11-amber.png
396 KB, 1000x333
It's official, she's Two-Face.
>>
>>78091623
No one cares, because the comic is awful and people who like it are awful
>>
>>78091623
What the hell is even... so she's either an idiot who thinks nobody knows she's the fat superhero or she's nuts and is about to cut a bitch
>>
File: Freddy.jpg (15 KB, 523x362) Image search: [Google]
Freddy.jpg
15 KB, 523x362
>>78091623
What is happening, I'm lost.
>>
>>78091708
The majority of people who have talked to her and been within five feet of her can't tell that it's her when she's wearing the mask.
>>
Goddamn you straight to hell stop posting this shit
>>
>>78091623
It never fails to amaze me how bad this comic is.
>>
>>78091623

The matriarch is a cunt.
>>
>>78091623
I'm waiting until she's a homeless schizo living behind a dumpster living out a complete fantasy where she symbolically kills her real identity constantly and any attempt to force her to see the truth result in self-harm.

>>78091708
My freshman year of college there was a guy in my dorm who went completely mental. Only wore the same set of clothing, stopped cleaning himself, papered over all his windows, went digging through the local neighborhood's garbage and filled his room with any electronics or countertop appliances he could find, and would have multiple radios turned up loud tuned to static all night long. That was less noticeable than Amber's impending breakdown.
>>
As someone who doesn't follow this train wreck what the fuck is even happening here
>>
There's just one problem.

You're having sex with the wrong Harv.
>>
I only read this when you faggots post it here. Literally what?
>>
>>78092044
DRAMA!!!
>>
File: 1326504610415.jpg (5 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1326504610415.jpg
5 KB, 251x240
>>78092063
Oh jesus, fuck, my sides
>>
>>78092044
I don't really follow this comic either, but if I understand correctly Danny is trying to get into Amber's size ten coveralls, but Amber is having none of it due to crippling and destructive self-loathing stemming from unresolved conflicts with her father and PTSD from being involved in a robbery that ultimately led to her stabbing the robber.

>>78092063
>But I have affirmative consent!
>Its just been revoked.
>>
File: spit take.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
spit take.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>78092063
>reading it with the voice change
>>
Why does everyone who reads this comic hates Danny? He seems to be the only good character.
He went to college just to be with his bitch ex who left him for slightly less brown than her sister dick, he has a pretty based roomie, he literally does nothing but support Amber.
Also he is bi for a dude, so the other fans dont have to worry for a straight character.
>>
>>78092044
In in this same boat, who am I supposed to be supporting here? What the fuck instruction did she give him
>>
File: co about most things.png (98 KB, 158x287) Image search: [Google]
co about most things.png
98 KB, 158x287
>>78091623
It's weird because i almost want to like DoA.

The ideas are there, I just hate his writing.

I'd read a comic about Amber's fucked up PTSD and disassociation into Amazi-Girl if it had a better writer.
I'd read Joyce's crisis of faith and struggle with loving Becky as a friend and wanting to protect her, despite her religion if it had a better writer.

I'd read about Becky dealing with her father's violent reaction to her coming out if it had a better writer.

I'd read Sal's shit with microaggressions and growing up with a white parent, and acting out because of her belief that she's already failed to meet her parents expectations so she might as well be the exact opposite, if there was a better writer.

I get what he's trying to do with these storylines, I, or friends or family of mine, have gone through some combination of the above. And yet despite having a personal experience with half that shit, I feel nothing while reading because he's so poor at executing them.
>>
File: DOA edit.png (549 KB, 1000x692) Image search: [Google]
DOA edit.png
549 KB, 1000x692
>>78092429
You have to remember though... Willis thinks all that stuff is a lot of cliched tripe.

He thinks his writing is already perfect and anyone who criticizes it is some unwashed plebian who's just jealous of his awesome characters and stories
>>
>>78091623
Man I don't get this at all. Apparently she only wants to date this guy when she's her alter ego?
>>
>>78093086
You know how Black Cat is only really interested in Spider-Man, not Peter Parker? Amber's got that going on with herself.
>>
>>78092044
>As someone who doesn't follow this train wreck what the fuck is even happening here

Amber, the brown haired girl is

1. Nuts, due to an incident where one of the other characters robbed a store at knifepoint, leading amber to stab her with her own knife because she was already nuts before that
2. Fat

She compartmentalizes her psychosis with a superhero persona called Amazi-Girl, who punches bad guys and fucks boys because that is how superheroes do

But the boy she fucked is now trying to fuck her Real Self

And now she's going to kill herself
>>
>>78093123
Wait, did Amber fuck him in costume? Was it one of the Slipshine comics?
>>
>>78093166

I have no idea, I just saw some heavy petting in the main comic
>>
>>78093086
AmaziGirl is what she sees as the better version of herself. Stronger, braver, more confident. She compartmentalized all her negative emotions into AG, and seeing herself and AG as separate individuals is the only thing semi functional. Dating Danny openly as both AG and herself muddles all thoughts and feelings. It would also lead to people finding out that they're one in the same because Danny already openly revealed he's dating AG. If people find out, she could get in trouble for vigilantism, which puts an end to the double personality that keeps Amber semi sane, which leads to no outlet for her aggression and anxiety, which leads to Amber probably having an actual psychotic break, rather than her current slow burn.
>>
>>78093209

Also Sal, the girl who Amber knifed years and years ago, just chewed Amber out for nearly getting a bunch of people killed due to her superhero je ne sais quoi

Also her boyfriend is gay for dicks
>>
>>78093209
Does Willis know that colleges offer free mental health counselling and frequently offer reduced cost medicine?
>>
>>78093234
>Does Willis know that colleges offer free mental health counselling and frequently offer reduced cost medicine?

I'm sure he does (even if he very likely doesn't), but many people fail to take advantage of them tragically. Especially freshies.
>>
File: 2013-12-21-twinkies[1].png (369 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
2013-12-21-twinkies[1].png
369 KB, 1000x333
>>78093234
Some college mental health facilities suck. Mine pretty much just told me be positive when I said I was having panic attacks, and skipping classes if I didn't arrive at the door at the exact right moment (too early and that means i have to wait, and possibly talk to someone, too late and oh god everyone's staring and judging). She does need to see someone eventually though, she's been fucked up since she was a kid.
>>
>>78093226
I want to see something done with AmaziGirl. Not the typical gets unmasked or campus cracks down her, but rather something that attacks the very reasons why she is AmaziGirl.

Like, some other chick decides to do the real life superhero thing but is far better about it and more popular; actually campaigning to make the school safer and getting lights and security cameras installed making it near impossible for AmaziGirl to function.

Someone who does the superhero thing out of a sadistic thrill and really just attacks people under the thinnest of pretenses making everyone paranoid and getting the cops involved on campus.

Or a mentally ill person who sees themselves as either AmaziGirl's disciple or nemesis and just goes around attacking people in an attempt to force a confrontation.
>>
>>78093243

Willis seems to be a fan of therapy.
>>
>>78093557

Doesn't seem to be I mean.
>>
>>78093543
>Someone who does the superhero thing out of a sadistic thrill and really just attacks people under the thinnest of pretenses making everyone paranoid
That's partially her though. She does like being violent, like her father. Although she does hate the fact that she likes it.
>>
>>78093569
I know, I was going for the intentional comparison.

Either that or go full comic book and have the other vigilante disguise themselves as AmaziGirl and fuck Danny.
>>
>>78091754

Hide it and move on, bitch
>>
Come on, one of you fags has to be on the patreon, post tomorrow's strip.
>>
>>78091717
Drama. It's the lifeblood of this comic.

She had an abusive dad so now she's taking her anger out on her boytoy because cray-cray.
>>
Why's she so fat
>>
>>78093788
because every character in this insipid comic has to be tumblr bait, that's why
>>
>>78094810
I'd say she's pretty realistically proportioned for someone who is less than 20 pounds overweight.
>>
File: 7.jpg (11 KB, 186x270) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
11 KB, 186x270
>>78093448
I'm guessing this was an allegory for the stigma of buying alcohol. I was raised in a pastor's family, and this is the same fear that was put on me. I would go buy some beer for beer battering chicken, but the looks I got were ridiculous. "Ohhh preacher's kid is in here buying alcohol... Shame". It didn't help that we lived in a small town where everyone knew my family.
>>
File: 1435727751572.jpg (35 KB, 558x640) Image search: [Google]
1435727751572.jpg
35 KB, 558x640
>>78094871
Aww crap, I posted the wrong pic. Sorry. Not that it was relevant
>>
>>78094871

>Willis
>Allegory

I think you give the man far too much credit
>>
>>78094901
Probably, I just know there was the exact same stigma and behavior for going into alcohol stores.
>>
>>78092647
It's sad that that's an edit. That's actually good.
>>
>>78091963
you should have left a note on his door every that when combined made a large mosaic of a smug pepe
>>
we all know how this will end
>danny goes to ethan to talk about amber
>the fact that danny is bi will be somehow reveled
>they kiss
>amber wants to apologize to danny for acting shitty, but she see them kissing
>more drama
>they will somehow recover, leading to a slipshine comic where they have threesome where ethan fucks danny while he's fucking amber
>tumblr rejoices
>>
>>78093234
I'd love for any one of the characters with fucked up minds (Amber, Billie, Ruth, Dina) to actually go and get help rather than angsting about it in silence. Would be nice to see Willis actually trying to do something 'realistic' with his realistic and grounded comic.

Not that people don't run themselves into the ground mentally a lot of the time. Just that it'd be a better form of character development than, say, having a family member go gun-crazy on a college campus or something. I mean, how wacky and ungrounded would that be, amirite?
>>
File: 1345922503478.png (5 KB, 601x695) Image search: [Google]
1345922503478.png
5 KB, 601x695
>>78092647
>/co/ sent this to Willis
>he threw a hissy fit about how it was talentless, cliche, crap
>thinks "FUCK U DAD! IMA DO SCIENCE NAO!" is a quality and satisfactory conclusion to the arc
DoA might actually be a decent read if Willis wasn't such a hack
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.