[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X-Men Battle of the Atom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: Bendis Trash.jpg (284 KB, 750x1138) Image search: [Google]
Bendis Trash.jpg
284 KB, 750x1138
What went wrong?
>>
>>78089289
Nothing happened:The crossover
>>
>Bendis
What do you think?
>>
>>78089289
Remembered that Fox still holds the license.
>>
Original 5 bullshit.
Cyclops almost died, almost destroyed reality, but they still think the Original 5 should stay.
Evil Molly Hayes
Quentin Quire wanking (I am so glad that when Aaron left, no other writer continued this)
The fact that the future X-Men were even less likable than the future Brotherhood.
Kitty being a bitch.

You know, the whole Original Five thing just feels like baby boomers telling me how much better their heroes were and ignoring anything new.
>>
Iceman is gay now the series.

seriously nothing really happens once again they never really address the immoral implications of their existence.

They could have done it civil war but they pussied out like most leftist are
>>
>>78089361
This was all Aaron. They hijacked Bendis' idea, so he retold the arc his way and explained that the Brotherhood was Xavier Jr. controlled.
>>
everything but Immonen, those character designs were cool as hell
>>
File: kitty.png (2 MB, 1440x784) Image search: [Google]
kitty.png
2 MB, 1440x784
>>78089289
The O5 not going back to their time is the main thing that went wrong. It literally fucked everything up for Bendis and made the next months of All New X-Men complete filler.

The ideal situation was that the Trial of Jean Grey happened some months before this event. Then in this event have the O5 return to their time, and Kitty leaves to space after realizing that life with the X-Men was a shit life not worth it like she did in pic related. Use the remaining All new X-Men issues to tell a story with the O5 trying to evade Xavier's mindwiping and maybe preparing some surprise that the present X-Men would have eventually found. Maybe use the O5 as a way to try to change the past and avoid the WIll of Xavier while the Will of Xavier is happening like in DoFP. Leave the SHIELD story in the WatXM ending with both Wolverine and Cyclops celebrating.
>>
>>78089289
Too many characters in too many books.
>>
Fuck this story. It spends the whole time being vague about the future and never explains anything.

Also Kitty's departure is complete nonsense. She leaves for literally no reason other than "Waahh I didn't get my way!"
>>
>>78089289
at least it got Kitty and Illyana back together after 20 years.
>>
>>78089289
Three writers, one of which doesn't work well with anyone, have to get together to write an event.
>>
>>78089289
It was literally two writers fighting over Kitty Pryde. The first one, butthurt that the second one had convinced the bosses to take her with him, sabotaged everything. It reached stupid levels of autism when they started taking shots at each other in the endings and then both did their own version of the SHIELD story.

All because of Kitty Pryde.
>>
>>78089289
Teen Jean minimal training can't control her powers all that well beat the kekoos and Emma in a psychic battle. Granted Emma didn't have her powers and was borrowing the kekoos' powers. The kekoos alone would have mentally raped and crippled that insufferable red head.
>>
>>78090513
I can't stand how I can't even type C-u-c-k-o-o-s with out it changing to kek.
>>
>>78089774
sauce?
>>
Is this bendis/Aaron fight real? Are there sources?
>>
>>78090513
Teen Jean and Rachel have raw power on their side, Emma and her clones are weaker but are much more skilled.
For instance, when it comes to telepathy Jean can only read minds and control them. Emma can rewrite memories, implant suggestions, block senses, and make herself "invisible" to anyone with a functioning brain.
>>
>>78089289
None of those future x-men are relevant today, nothing in that crossover changed the status quo long term. Was just a money grab
>>
>>78089289
Bad art, bad time travel shit, nothing occurred.
>>
>>78090738
Unskilled untrained teen Jean still doesn't beat the Çuckoos. Grown Jean, skilled and trained, yeah I could understand it. But remember, she can't even control herself from reading other people's minds, how is she gonna beat skilled, trained, battle tested Çuckoos with Emma in on the action too?
>>
>>78090325
>All because of Kitty Pryde.

I want you all to imagine this scenario for a moment.

You're dating someone, apparently quite happily. Then one day a teenaged version of them from their own past gets stranded in the present time. Every moment they're here, they threaten the very existence of the person you're dating; your loved-one could be un-written from history at any time, eliminating the person you share a bed with from ever having been that person. If you have a real-life boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife, put yourself in that position for a moment.

Then try to cogitate a scenario where your present-day lover wants their teenaged self to go back to the past to safeguard their own existence, while the bratty younger one is like "FUCK YOU OLD TIMER I GO WHERE I WANT" and your decision is to SUPPORT THE TEENAGED ONE rather than your actual lover.

Kitty Pryde is the worst girlfriend imagineable, and the fact that she scolded Iceman and broke up with him over this is fucking insane.
>>
Has anything other than Xforce been good after Second Coming?
>>
File: BotA is shit 1.png (54 KB, 1022x329) Image search: [Google]
BotA is shit 1.png
54 KB, 1022x329
>>78089289
Without a doubt one of the worst X-men stories of all time. It gave birth to the new status quo. I'm pissed because I took everywhere elses word over /co/. I knew this would come up so I screencapped some posts explaining exactly why this was shit.

1/2
>>
File: BotA is shit 2.png (43 KB, 1022x383) Image search: [Google]
BotA is shit 2.png
43 KB, 1022x383
>>78091617
2/2
>>
>>78091574
X-Factor
X-Men: Legacy
Gillen's Uncanny
>>
>>78091090
Raw
Power
>>
File: Fels.jpg (61 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Fels.jpg
61 KB, 400x388
>Mfw I spent money and payed for Battle of the Atom and Schism
>>
> ctrl+f
> no mention of Dark Beast

It was incredibly anticlimactic, he died on the same page as his reveal. Even characters in the story brought up how shitty it was, as if pointing out your own bad writing is cute
>>
>>78092382
Well, it wasn't in Battle of the Atom. It was exactly as bad as you said it was, but it happened like a year later.
>>
>>78090644
No. But you can pretty much see the disconnect among the writers if you actually read the thing. Especially in Aaron's issues.

The X-Position articles on CBR between the writers and Nick Lowe had this really odd tone through the whole thing too.
>>
>>78092552
How so?
>>
>>78091090
Because teen Jean is a mary sue. Everybody worships her, she does whatever the fuck she wants and the author thinks this is endearing when it just makes her look like a psychopath using her powers to turn people gay and robbing them of their agency.

I wouldn't be surprise if she made Angel and X-23 hook up after she had a small thing with Cyclops, out of pure pettiness.
>>
>>78092632
In the same sense that Bendis made Wanda a crazy supervillian because he hated her as a character, I totally expect that many years down the road, someone will do a story just like that.

X-23 hugged a guy she might be interested in but not really? Mind controlled into liking Angel.

Iceman said sexist things about Magik? Fuck you, you're full gay now.
>>
>>78091463
all your doing is validating the fact that younger Iceman could witness this and say "y'know, I'm only gonna fuck dudes now"
>>
File: 1380857096648.gif (582 KB, 300x193) Image search: [Google]
1380857096648.gif
582 KB, 300x193
>>78092050
>>
>>78089289
Brian Michael Bendis and Jason Aaron together on a crossover that required them to tell a coherent story about time travelers

only good thing we got out of this was that awesome design for President Dazzler.
>>
Realistically, how long term does anyoje working on xmen plan? Because since the beginning of all new back in 2013 or whatever, it seems like at most, 3 months.
>>
>>78089941
Is Rightclops happy that he took Wolverine's Kittyfu?
>>
>>78092050
And I am glad I didn't spent a cent in it.

But that will teach you to buy anything post-Siege Bendis shit again.
>>
File: Map of Time.jpg (627 KB, 2560x1162) Image search: [Google]
Map of Time.jpg
627 KB, 2560x1162
>>78093038
>Realistically, how long term does anyoje working on xmen plan?
Too long.

>Bendis has been working on an overarching Time Travel Saga for at least five years, and he's probably not even halfway finished

Send help.
>>
Writing Team.
>>
>>78089774
I sign this.

The only purpose for the O5 is just bring back Jean and make some teen mutants, but rely on old characters everyone might like.
Its the same purpose why morales is a new spiderman. To bring back a younger spidey.
But for me morales works better because another dimension isnt troubled like past selves which brings logic loopholes like "Iceman you are gay" or "you know your future" with them.

Why didnt they used sinister cloning the 05 and than having an all new with a clone team.
Pour some "clones are better in doing stuff than the original" and you have the conflict old vs new and clones are not the originals 1:1.
>>
>>78095749
>The only purpose for the O5 is just bring back Jean and make some teen mutants, but rely on old characters everyone might like.
>Its the same purpose why morales is a new spiderman. To bring back a younger spidey.
But there's Spidey book with young Peter.
>>
>>78089289
Everything. Absolutely fucking everything. Someone should do a storytime of pain. I don't think I ever saw one after it was all collected.
>>
>>78091617
>I'm pissed because I took everywhere elses word over /co/.
You know, /co/ isn't love anymore, it's tumblr and /pol/ and /v/ and /tv/ and company wars and shit over all.

But at the end of the day, it still gives you a much more accurate picture of book quality than anywhere on the web I've seen.
>>
>>78093903
and Rachel is the saddest
>>
>>78095847
Oh, who than?
I dont read spidey, just rely on wiki and storytimes.

Does it count if i say a young black spidey?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.