[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out of the four Batgirls who are currently running around, which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: batgirls.jpg (108 KB, 632x670) Image search: [Google]
batgirls.jpg
108 KB, 632x670
Out of the four Batgirls who are currently running around, which is your favorite?

My favorite is Cass, because she punches real good and doesn't offend me with shitty dialog. This is all probably just residual good feelings about the Puckett/Scott run on her old book though. Man I loved that comic.

After her would probably be Spoiler. All of the non-Cass Batgirls are kind of bitchy, but nu52 Spoiler has the best motivation (fuck you dad) and I prefer her bootleg supervillain gear to Harper's weird DIY everybody can be a hero bullshit

Then probably Harper, even though her giant taser gun is stupid, her name is stupid, her mask is stupid, her haircut is stupid haircut, and I'm kind of offended by the notion that her gay brother is such a frail stereotype she had to become a superhero to protect him

Then last is Babs, because nu52 Babs is a bitch. A hipster bitch. A bitchster.
>>
>>78087982
There's a Batgirl thread on page 1, how did you miss it?
>>
>>78088008
I didn't want to crap up a storytime!
>>
>>78087982
I've never read anything with any Batgirl other than various side character appearances with Babs.
Cass looks the coolest and qtest. Babs has a nice new outfit. But it's trying to be practicool which is kinda silly since she's wearing leather, has long hair, and has a cape. Also her mask is stupid.
I don't really know anything about the other two. The taser gun girl looks... alright. I even like sidecuts sometimes. But her's is stupid and so is her mask. And the taser gun seems out of place.
>>
>>78087982
Spoiler is my favorite, but it's almost by default.

Even with DC getting their shit together in a big way this past year the New 52 remains immensely unkind to any girls who hang out in Gotham.

Babs' book does deserve praise, though.
And by "Babs" I mean Babs Tarr, because her excellent art is the only reason to pay attention to the series.
>>
>>78087982
Stephanie Brown

Will always be the GOAT.
>>
I like to imagine I'm pretty un-bias when it comes to Batgirl since I don't care much about their characters but holy shit Harpers is such a smug annoying bitch in B&R:E
>>
>>78088324
Her solo was nice and all, but I wish they hadn't swept aside all the white trash aspects of the character in the new of lightheartedness.
It felt like she'd lost some of what made her special.

>>78088378
Harper is terrible. Hopefully she fades away once Snyder's off Batman.
>>
>>78087982
>four Batgirls who are currently running around
i am too upset about this fact to engage in this discussion whatsoever
what the FUCK happened to comics
>>
File: Infinite_facepalm.gif (355 KB, 676x480) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_facepalm.gif
355 KB, 676x480
I swear to god if they made a comic about "Bat-girl war".

I going to throw a shoe at the writers.
>>
>>78087982
Cass > Harper > Stephanie > Babs

Cass will always be my favorite Batgirl and while B&R Eternal's quality hasn't been top notch, I do like what they're doing with Cass at the very least.

Harper is only above Stephanie because new52 Stephanie has so far been underwhelming as hell. Her role in Eternal was overstated and since then she's had only a couple cameos here and there with varying writing quality (great on Valentine's Catwoman, terrible in Batgirl Annual and will continue to be awful under Cameron Stewart's pen.) If she can get a good writer for her, I think she could have a new resurgence in popularity.

Harper has grown on me a lot though. If only she didn't appear solely in events and Snyder's Batman. Under a good writer she could really flourish.

Babs is fucking terrible. She wasn't stellar under Gail Simone, but with Cameron Stewart she's fucking obnoxious. Her one short bit on Grayson under Tom King was miles better than anything under Stewart. I'll give her another shot when Stewart doesn't have any control over her, but given how popular her remake has been I doubt he will abandon the book or lose it any time soon.
>>
>>78088411
One of them is Batgirl.
The rest are girls who used to be Batgirl and/or are currently in the various Bat-books.

Which you'd know if you read/cared about the comics.
>>
I like Babs and Cass the most

Never cared for Steph and Harper is meh
>>
>>78088411
>>78088432
Only 1 of them is currently Batgirl and has ever been Batgirl in New52
Babs is Batgirl
Steph is Spoiler
Harper is BlueBird
Cass is just Cass
>>
>>78088432
im positive there is going to be some kind of Batgirl centric event in 2016. It's Barbara's 50th anniversary (she first appeared in the 1966 Batman show and then was published in comics in 1967) and there have been reports of something big happening with the "Batgirl" name as a whole early in the year. I imagine this doesn't just apply to Barbara alone.
>>
>>78087982
Poor Bette isn't even mentioned anymore

I guess becoming Hawkfire really was the final nail in the coffin
>>
>>78088411
there are four official Robins and an army of teenage wannabe Robins, but four Batgirls makes you rage?
>>
File: Zrf2h3RD_400x400.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Zrf2h3RD_400x400.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
>>78088411
Why create new characters when you can franchise?
>>
>>78088555
I remember the debut of her new look and thinking "that's kinda neat-looking."
Then she said her retarded new name.

Hawkfire is the dumbest cape name in a long-ass time.
>>
I love Cass's design the most out of everybody's.

All in all, none of the Batgirls are particularly entertaining so far. I miss Stephanie as Batgirl. Her constant mistakes and light-hearted dialogue made her book interesting.
>>
It's Cass>Steph>Barbara>Harper
Harper is last because she is kekking stephanie.
>>
Cass is the only Batgirl that felt like she could legitimately roll with the rest of the family, so she's the best Batgirl to me.

I'll accept Steph as the Dan Hibiki of the Bats though
>>
Babs of burnside because she's comfy and sexy as fuck.
>>
>>78089663
A lot of people dismiss the CamStew run as Social Justice trash.

Tarr loves her cheesecake and pointless fanservice. Plenty of lewd Babs to be had.
>>
>>78090079
yeah but it cant save the sj trash. fuck what he did to dick. almost as bad as when he fucked barbara after she was paralyzed and then invited her to his wedding to starfire the next day.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.