[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Good Dinosaur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
File: gooddinosaur03.jpg (167 KB, 700x382) Image search: [Google]
gooddinosaur03.jpg
167 KB, 700x382
Pretty sure people discussed this already but let's do this again for people who are slowpokes or from other countries and just saw this movie.

Why you think this movie bombed?
What you liked and what you didn't?

From me:

Like:
1) T-rexes being good guys and raptors being ugly jackassess. Raptors are pretty much jackals of dinosaur world so its pretty accurate do make them look like villains. I loved this unqiue twist. Not another "muh cute raptors doing fun things" movie.
2) Pterosaurs looked fun too. Loved their colors and how they used beaks just like upside down sharks.
3) The whole "Old West" feel in this whole cartoon. If you will replace dinosaurs with cowboys and hillbillies it will be very accurate.

Dislike:

1) That styracosaurus-triceratops thing. Holy shit it made me mad. I bought an action figure of this character because he looked so cool. I thought he will be some kind of wise creature of woods or something like that.
At the end it was just some retarded insane moron that uses critters as protection.
2) I think that the "reality" looked kinda weird in such a "cute" and beautiful setting. Like for example it was so weird to see some actual fucking wounds and bruisings on Arloo. He instantly stopped being a fun looking cartoon characters and became a creature of meet and bones that can feel pain.
It was kinda disturbing. Same thing about that part when human kid tears a hole in pterosaurus wing, or Arloo's dad dies.
>>
File: touch fuzzy get dizzy.jpg (33 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
touch fuzzy get dizzy.jpg
33 KB, 500x282
>>78086982
Also this was pretty damn fun part.
However i didn't get what they were eating at first. To me it looked like they eating shit. Especially when that kid looked at some berries growing on trees and then looking at berries on the ground. It looked like some dino ate them and shit them out. (especially if you notice flies flying around)
>>
>>78086982
bump
>>
>>78086982
bumping
>>
File: gooddinosaur_teaser.jpg (28 KB, 580x315) Image search: [Google]
gooddinosaur_teaser.jpg
28 KB, 580x315
>>78086982
>>
File: The_Good_Dinosaur_72054.jpg (121 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Good_Dinosaur_72054.jpg
121 KB, 600x300
>>78086982
>>
File: 8-461_The_Good_Dinosaur_ma.jpg (769 KB, 2000x1380) Image search: [Google]
8-461_The_Good_Dinosaur_ma.jpg
769 KB, 2000x1380
>>
File: ahahahahhahha.png (182 KB, 1483x550) Image search: [Google]
ahahahahhahha.png
182 KB, 1483x550
That's some funny ass shit anon.

Are you an ad or just have autism?
>>
>>78088522
You have something to say about this movie?
No?
Then get the fuck off.

also bump
>>
File: 1381343335299.jpg (31 KB, 272x400) Image search: [Google]
1381343335299.jpg
31 KB, 272x400
>>78086982
>>78087033
>>78087149
>>78087222
>>78087289
>>78087402
>>78087511
>>78087726
>>78088181
>>78088460
>>78088564
>>78088859

Holy shit stop your incessant bumping
>>
>>78089011
aww whats the matter anon
did i made your waifu thread go down?

also bump
>>
>>78087033
fermented fruit.
>>
The autism in this thread is astounding
>>
>>78089066
If no one wants to discuss it then no one wants to discuss it. It's not our fault you put so much effort into your wall of text.

You have no right to act like a dick to other anons for telling you to stop with your shameless and incessant bumping.
>>
>>78087033
He looked up cause he realized he was eating aged fruits that fell from the tree. As >>78089138
stated fermented fruit.

I overall found it enjoyable, and didnt understand the backlash it got for "scary scenes and such".
>>
File: awkwardcongocrop3.jpg (38 KB, 226x190) Image search: [Google]
awkwardcongocrop3.jpg
38 KB, 226x190
>haven't seen movie
>actually interested in hearing what people thought of it
>OP is chasing off replies to his own thread by being a retard
>>
>>78086982
My honest opinion.

Kinda liked this movie. Interesting to see dinosaurs as builders, farmers, cowboys, scavengers. The dialogue was funny too. There were moments of charm that didn't need dialogue as much.

Loved the Pterosaurs. "The Storm Provides" and all that shit. And the T-Rexes turned out to be good guys for once.

A good ending too. The relationship between Arlo and Spot was quite touching.

The thing I hated. Arlo screams an awful lot.

Not sure why it bombed. I'm guessing a lot of people were kinda into Inside Out. It's very rare for Pixar to have two movies out in one year.
>>
File: 1441569807547.png (53 KB, 284x267) Image search: [Google]
1441569807547.png
53 KB, 284x267
>>78089066
>aww whats the matter anon
>did i made your waifu thread go down?

No I literally just got to /co/ saw this was the first thread an saw every relply was a bump within fucking seconds of each other. Fucking chill with that shit, this isn't a always a particularly fast board.
Doing shit like continuous bumping and replying to people like a goddamn child makes your thread unattractive and no one will want to discuss with you.
>>
>>78086982
I will watch it this weekend. it doesn't look that interesting. And i am sorry to be that guy Inside out was kind of dissapointing for me.
>>
The protagonist should have just been a T-Rex.

The T-Rex ranchers were more interesting than Arlo's family.

Make it about a kind of awkward T-Rex kid trying to train and raise the Human Kid while they drive and migrate their herd of buffalo to a Winter pasture.

Having to defend his family, his pet and his livestock from Raptor raiders, Pterosaur raiders, and maybe even some other large carnivore who'd be the big boss of the Raptors and Pterosaurs
>>
>>78086982
Background art was on spot.
Loved the unnecessary violent scenes.
Loved how the t-rexes kinda ran like horses.
Liked the dark feel.

Story line was a shit. I mean a retard kid with a pet dinosaur? What's that you asked? Yeah the kid saved it, took it in, fed it, took care of it, taught it loyalty... Then when he was in trouble the dinosaurs came to help just like lassie.
The anti Christian shills were on full force with the pterosaurs. He got to leave his mark by doing absolutely nothing. It wasn't really a movie geared towards kids.

I'd give it about a 4/10. It was pretty cringful.
>>
>>78089462
>It's very rare for Pixar to have two movies out in one year.
This had nothing to do with it. The writing was just terrible.
>>
>>78089889
Not sure why you'd say that. As far as dialogue and stuff goes, it kinda falls between Wall-E which is minimalistic and most of the other movies which has a lot of dialogue.

Though it kinda falls closer to Wall-E in that aspect.
>>
>>78090018
Well... By writing I meant story and dialogue. It was all terrible. Also Wall-E wasn't that great. Yes I know, shun the nonbeliever. Really, an hour and fourty-four minutes of.
>Wall-E
>Eva
>Wall-E
>Eva
Repeat.
But at least Wall-E had a decent story.
>>
>>78086982
goofy
fucking
designs

dinosaurs are supposed to be the coolest things imaginable. this is a step above prancing around in a costume and singing about love and caring.
>>
>>78089843
>he got to leave his mark for doing absolutely nothing

I gather by that statement that you didn't actually see the movie... or maybe just trolling for the lulz? If you really did, you are so off the mark its practically hopeless to even bother explaining it to you. But just in case, Buck ripped a bunch of trees out of the ground to clear land - he got to make his mark. Arlo survived a wilderness trek, a couple of near death experiences, over-came his fears, and navigated his way back to the farm over hostile terrain and incliment weather. He deserves a fucking medal by comparison.
>>
>>78090154
Story kinda shifted from the beginning.

You had Henry's farm. You established that Buck was the tough one, Libby was the trickster and Arlo was the coward. Henry works to try and help Arlo stop being a coward. Long story short, Henry tries to help Arlo to stop being a coward but ends up getting killed in a storm, and Arlo gets separated from the family trying to chase the human critter, Spot, who he blames for dear old dad's death.

Then the rest of the movie is about Arlo and Spot getting back.

I could go on...but I think you'e seen the movie so I guess I can't blame you for the sudden shift in plot...but I felt things kinda went smoothly and felt natural. A journey home, and a friendship between "boy" and "pet". Not a lot of things added up. You run into a lot of weird things along the way, but the friendship grew and how it ended felt right.
>>
>>78089843
It's a dinosaur with a pet human, numbnuts.

The meteor missed the dinosaurs so the dinosaurs evolved some abilities such as talking, building, farming and herding. The dinosaurs were a major force, so humans by comparison didn't evolve as much.

Also there was nothing "Christian" about the Pterosaurs. They're scavengers. They worship "the storm" which is Arlo's ultimate fear.

And Arlo got to leave his mark by actually surviving a journey and not being such a coward anymore.
>>
>>78090543
>Arlo survived a wilderness trek, a couple of near death experiences, over-came his fears, and navigated his way back to the farm over hostile terrain and incliment weather.
How exactly did that help his family? That benefitted them in no way. He got his dad killed because he was a bitch. He got lost because he was a bitch. The kid took care of him because he was a bitch. He got himself out of his own shitty mess. But since he made it home safe he got a pity mark. If you to teach you kids you don't have to earn your mark because they're a special snowflake, go right ahead and teach you kid it's okay to be a bitch. He didn't deserve that mark.
>>
>>78090736
The journey gave Arlo character. It made him STOP being a bitch. He'll be much more useful to his family since he'll be able to feed chickens, chop trees and plow fields.

Basically he's no longer the weak link in the family.
>>
>>78090820
But he never contributed. You can't give him a mark before he earns it, that's not how the real world works. Everyone else contributed but him.
>>
>>78090873
Sometime's a family's only as strong as its weakest link.

He'll be able to contribute a lot more now. Plus, Buck and Libby have never really left the farm. Arlo has. He'll be able to deal with anything new that comes their way better than the others.
>>
>>78090973
It's like giving a soldier a medal before he has even gone to war. I just know you'll be a great soldier since you completed your training, here's your medal, you can earn it later. They should have excommunicated him for all the trouble he caused.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.