[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was a rabid fan of the Simpsons as a teenager, but I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: marathon.png (907 KB, 1148x861) Image search: [Google]
marathon.png
907 KB, 1148x861
I was a rabid fan of the Simpsons as a teenager, but I haven't watched it for probably 15 years or so

I'm considering marathoning everything I've missed in one gigantic binge, starting from season 13

What am I in for?
>>
>>78085037
first it gets subtly worse in a way that doesn't SEEM too bad.. the jokes are still funny, if.. weirdly wacky. Couple years of semi-watchability, peppered with jokes and scenes that go nowhere. literally just a sentence ends and suddenly we cut to elsewhere, with no punchline
then it gets fucking balls to the wall political. blah blah republicans this christians that.. often sabotaging its own message, but in general just being insufferable and forgetting to be funny at all
Then it starts experimenting in weird stories that dont seem to belong on the simpsons. like theyre adult in the wrong ways and childish in the other wrong ways. but at least at that point we were in the clear, because starting around 2010 it picks up.
Not great mind you, but better. actual jokes again. still BIZARRE plots, trying too hard to be 'clever' instead of funny (the couch is pointless for several years because it's just there to be artistic and ape the opening to some other show), but a few solid laughs every episode. Some cruel canonfuckery, but not nearly as bad as a few years back when they went through their 'everyone is 40' fuckup phase. Special guests were either less forced, or their appearance was totally bashed within the episode. Or both. Though the fact that cheech and chong were used to tell a deep serious story and weren't funny at all was a major disappointment. also just a few times in election season, annoyingly political again
then this year.. whoo boy.. this year.. fucking right off the deep end. Where before you seemed to have writers fighting each other and some of them evidently being unaware they were writing a comedy, now you just have utter schizophrenia of writing. Still a few good gags but mostly 'what the fuck am i watching?'
>>
>>78085037
Season 13 to 16 are watchable and have some ok moments, seasons 16 to 24 are horribad but some standout episodes, season 25 to the current season is quite enjoyable even if there are some bad plots and flat jokes.
>>
File: homer mug.jpg (28 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
homer mug.jpg
28 KB, 624x480
>>78085037

I like the 9 - 15/16 seasons. they at least have funny moments.
>>
>>78085037
Bring some booze, it'll ease the pain.
>>
>>78086414

i used to like the simpsons until season 23

season 23 is when it get so shitty i refuse to watch it
>>
Everything is a reference /thread
>>
>>78087274
Check out The War of Art, that's the average quality for episodes from the last couple of seasons. Sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse, but entirely watchable (for the most part).
>>
>>78085037

You're just going to be watching ads for social media and parodies to movies that everyone forgot summers ago that were big once
>>
Imagine being born with a 12 inch dick. It's nice. You enjoy it. Maybe too much.

You go to prison for public masturbation.

After the first week a guy decides to make you his bitch.

His dick is small.

Like 4 inches small.

You try to joke about it but he breaks your nose as he rapes you.

Sorry for the autobiography, but the new Simpsons is awful.

Now if you'll excuse me I have more large-dicked bitches to rape.

To suicide.

Prison is funny.
>>
File: zombie simpsons.jpg (549 KB, 600x1125) Image search: [Google]
zombie simpsons.jpg
549 KB, 600x1125
Godspeed, OP.
>>
>>78085037
>What am I in for?

suicidal depression
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.