[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this movie so hated? I just watched it and thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Star_wars_the_clone_wars.jpg (38 KB, 295x436) Image search: [Google]
Star_wars_the_clone_wars.jpg
38 KB, 295x436
Why is this movie so hated? I just watched it and thought it was pretty good.
>>
Mostly because it's fucking dogshit.
>>
>>78083883
Because the television series that it spawned is better than the film itself in every way.
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.jpg (37 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.jpg
37 KB, 550x550
>>78084062
10/10 argument, great rebuttal.
>>
>>78083883
You cannot like what the majority dislikes, anon.

You will me shot dead by the local "taste police".
>>
>>78083883
You know what's funny about this picture is that Ashoka is in the back almost like the writers were scared she was going to end up like a jar jar.
>>
>>78084393
And Yoda is in dead center even though he was barely in the movie and didn't even use his lightsaber.
>>
>>78083883
Because of unreasonably high expectations. It was the first four or five episodes of the TV show put together, but people apparently expected a long lost Episode II.5
>>
>>78084626
Frankly the prequels have made me kinda hate Yoda
I don't understand why he's so popular when he's acting as a midget space ninja
>>
>>78084880
Correct. People went in expecting a movie, but it never felt like a theatrical film. Instead it felt like, and actually was, the first 4 episodes stitched together to make a pilot. Watching it with that in mind and it becomes much more enjoyable.
>>
>>78085133
Like Digimon Tri?
Movies my ass
>>
>>78085044
There's something entertaining on a base level about a wise, tiny old man jumping around and kicking ass.
>>
>>78083883
>Why is this movie so hated

Because, as a movie, it's really bad. Poorly paced and with a very weak hook. The only thing it really has going for it is the two main battles (the vertical ascent to the B'Omarr monastery is still one of the most unique things I've seen in Star Wars media). Taken as a few episodes of a TV show it's merely a weak arc, but they put this thing in theaters to launch the show.

>>78084393
>Writers
>Having anything to do with promo material.
>>
Wait, people hate this movie? I thought people liked it cause it wasn't the live action prequels
>>
The scenes where they do the vertical fight, and the clones holding out in the courtyard were pretty great.
Everything else was boring.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.