[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This seems like the correct place to talk about it, what does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 39
File: elsa anna.jpg (75 KB, 1059x863) Image search: [Google]
elsa anna.jpg
75 KB, 1059x863
This seems like the correct place to talk about it, what does /co/ think of Frozen? I just watched it (late, I know) and really liked it, I thought it might be overhyped but it was actually a great film.

I especially like that they called out the love-at-first-sight that happens so often in animated films and that they ended it with sisterly love trumping.
>>
I hated how one sister had all these powers, and the other one didn't. Felt unbalanced, and WAY too much singing.
>>
>>78083066
The movie's message about "it isn't love if you aren't willing to suffer for it" is something anyone in any loving relationship could learn from. It's nice.

Anybody who says anything about romantic vs platonic is projecting their own opinions onto the movie's message. It's about fake 'love' vs real love.

The movie itself is fucking amazing though. Solid music, cute characters, gorgeous smooth animation.

Frozen is love, Frozen is life <3
>>
>>78083411
They did have a few too many songs but there was some really good ones, "for the first time in forever" is legitimately a good song outside the context of the movie
>>
Overrated shit. Lots of cliches and has nothing new that we already seen before, but there is no problem if you liked it.
>>
>>78083066
Not many things actually HAPPENS.

It would have been mkre interesting of it had more resemblance to the Snow Queem.
>>
The movie does a really good job giving a good first impression. When you stop and think about it as a whole, you see a lot of flaws. Like how retarded some characters are or how the troll's magic (and Elsa's) doesn't make sense, isn't explained at all and just acts as a big fat plot device. With all that in mind it's a solid 7/10 okay movie.
>>
>>78083566
I'm also fine with you not liking it but regarding the nothing new point I think the animation, especially of snow and ice, was particularly good

During the "let it go" song it was mesmorising the ice fractals and such
>>
>>78083066
>what does /co/ think of Frozen
/co/ maxed out over a thousand frozen general threads in just 6 months before a mercy ban was placed on it because it went from lesbian incest to really really creepy in about the first month.
>>
>>78083732
That is fair to say but I must admit I wasn't expecting fabulously woven lore in it from the start so it doesn't bug me too much, although you're correct that the magic works on a "just because" basis
>>
>>78083795
Yeah, this anon is right. We like Frozen *way* more than is healthy.
>>
>>78083795
Wtf, really? I can see why people on 4chan would like a movie with 2 cute girls as the focus but 1000 threads in 6 months about incest?
>>
>>78083795
>it went from lesbian incest to really really creepy in about the first month.
What's creepier than lesbian incest?
>>
>>78083860
The incest wasn't even the bad part. It was kinda cute, more about romance than the sex stuff. Like a sweet tale of forbidden romance.

No, what got bad was the abuse anons, depression and waifu-ing.
>>
File: 1394641169214.jpg (38 KB, 287x376) Image search: [Google]
1394641169214.jpg
38 KB, 287x376
>>78083066
I liked it a lot. Overrated for how INSANELY well it did, but that doesn't make it bad
>>
File: anna_butter.jpg (99 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
anna_butter.jpg
99 KB, 490x333
>>78083898
Two words: Anna. Butter.
>>
>>78083901
By abuse anons do you mean anons who'd be dicks to everyone, or a specific subset of fanfic writers?

why do I feel like it's the latter

This is a cutesy kids film, I wonder why it got so out of hand here from your description
>>
>>78084008
Abuse anons would write things like "I want to punch Anna until her teeth fall out" or long greentext stories about beating Elsa to within an inch of her life. Just awful things that should never be said about our cute girls.
>>
I do really like the film but I thought it would have benefited with another 15 minutes to flesh out the characters just a bit more. Or fucking cutting fixer upper and giving another short song between Elsa and Anna. That's why I'm excited for the Broadway version and the increased run time.
>>
It was okay. There were too many songs and those trolls were annoying to look at. Olaf was a lot better than I expected something like him to be. Over all, it isn't worthy of the frenzy it caused, but then again I'm not its target audience. A decent movie.
>>
File: 1.jpg (115 KB, 1200x770) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
115 KB, 1200x770
>>78083898
>>78083795

STOP!
Aren't they related? I love lesbianism as much as the next person but they are sisters.
>>
>>78083795
>Frozen 2 confirmed for happening
>yfw the trailer drops
>yfw /frz/ returns with a vengeance
>>
File: averagecomradegf.png (3 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
averagecomradegf.png
3 MB, 1200x1600
>>78083898
does this qualify?
>>
File: valentine.jpg (84 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
valentine.jpg
84 KB, 480x640
>>78084100
Even if it burns twice as quickly and twice as bright, I won't mind. I just need more of that early /frz/ magic.

>>78084080
Yes, they are. Which is why they share the gift of love.
>>
>>78084008
Frozen general was populated by a lot of people who aren't /co/ regulars. People from other boards and other sites saw the film and flocked here to talk about it.

Source: lurking those threads just enough to see many people admit as much.
>>
>>78083795
>6 months

It lasted like 9 months.

9 fucking months.

It baffles me how the mods allowed that shit.
>>
>>78084008
>This is a cutesy kids film, I wonder why it got so out of hand here from your description
I'd post another example but I can't due to Global Rule 15.
>>
>>78084164
I thought it was kinda comfy. No matter what happened, you could rely on /frz/. It was always there.
>>
>>78084140
Has science gone too far?
>>
>>78084193
What?
>>
Terrible movie.

Entire plot happened because of contrivances that are never explained.
>>
>>78083732
A lot of Disney movies are like this. Like Aladdin for instance, the genie never made Al a prince of anything. All he did was give him fancy clothes and throw a parade. Or in Hercules, he had to be willing to die to become a true hero, but he totally already did that while fighting the Hydra.
>>
>>78084193
/frz/ is still the only community I've ever collectively said "I love you" to, or said 'good morning' and 'good night' on a regular basis. I don't know what it was but from the beginning to well after the migration, there was something special about it. I've never felt that kind of communal belonging before or since.
>>
>>78084164
It took two whole years of relentless shitposting for /tv/ to outlaw /got/ threads during the hiatus.
But /who/ gets a pass because it's the only source of civil discussion on the entire board.
>>
>>78084193
>>78084270
The amount of faggotry here is monumental.
>>
File: cfofamtolipo.png (878 KB, 1172x2908) Image search: [Google]
cfofamtolipo.png
878 KB, 1172x2908
Reminder that the internet is to blame for this.
>>
>>78084164
>It baffles me how the mods allowed that shit.
usually post movie generals die out after a month or two, and /frz/ was rather contained in their rolling general, the fans weren't spamming in other threads, though that isolation probably made what was going on in /frz/ even more creepy.
>>
>>78084329
I get that the author is meant to be portraying it as strange but it honestly sounds like they're not too disapproving at all, throwing in tasteful pictures and all

Gotta get them clicks somehow I suppose
>>
>>78084329
The article doesn't do it justice, more of that stuff is shipping than smut.

Although, I do take pleasure in the fact that Frozen will never, ever be able to dis-associate itself from discussions of incest. They inadvertently gave the idea of sisters having a romantic relationship a huge boost in public acceptance. All because they forgot about "The Deafening Hug". No matter what happens, every time that movie comes up, someone is going to say "You know something funny was going on between those two"
>>
File: 1442732817364.jpg (61 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1442732817364.jpg
61 KB, 650x650
>>78084329
inspirebot knows whats up
>>
File: 1277217400436.jpg (34 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1277217400436.jpg
34 KB, 350x350
>>78084411
>Rebeca Sugar being comfortable with sexual deviancy that even most mainstream progressives find really off putting.
you don't say
>>
File: 1396117007731.gif (550 KB, 285x375) Image search: [Google]
1396117007731.gif
550 KB, 285x375
The first half of the film has good songs, but after Let It Go, they're all trash

Let It Go isn't even the best song. First Time in Forever and Love is an Open Door are both far better, and Wanna Build a Snowman is more charming.

The visuals look good, even if we can nitpick about Elsa's hair clipping through her arm at one point in Let it Go.

Anna and Kristoph are the only two characters I liked in the movie. Elsa is boring, Olaf is bland, Hans is wasted for the sake of twist, the Reindeers a dog, and everybody else is padding.

The sad thing is that ultimately the plot is fucking lazy, and they end up playing it way too safe. Tons of cop-outs and plot holes and problems solved by coincidences.

Example: Olaf manages to somehow catch up from getting split up way back, get past the locked guarded gate which Kristoph was being kept out with, go through the village and then the castle completely undetected by ANYONE, manage to find the one room he needed to go to in the, and it's important to stress this, CASTLE by seemingly accident (Because he sure seemed shocked to see Anna locked in there), opening a lock that he could open with his carrot nose but not damage it, and then stand at the window at the exact moment to see Kristoph coming back through the snow (Who, as a reminder, he managed to overtake without crossing paths with to the one shown entrance to the Castle)

Even if it can be argued there was an alternate route into the castle which he stumbled upon, that's even worse because he basically found a secret entrance that was never referenced.
>>
File: Tap.jpg (222 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tap.jpg
222 KB, 1000x1000
>>78083066
Loved the originality in scenes and settings. Just perfect, graphically.
>>
>>78084509
>implying Sugar isn't a mainstream progressive

>>78084512
I actually hated Olaf and Anna as well, only liked Kristoph. Completely agree with you otherwise, though.

>>78083066
Mediocre movie that Tumblr trash loved. This then dragged Tumblrinas like
>>78083505
>>78084270
here from their fucking shitty website and created the modern /co/mblr mess.
>>
File: 1441724240028.png (439 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441724240028.png
439 KB, 500x500
>>78084140
>that tray of ice cubes

Every time.
>>
I think Elsa's ice powers are representative of her sexual feelings towards Anna

When they were kids it was harmless to play around and have fun with it but as Elsa grew older she realised that the feelings were potentially dangerous and could damage her bond with her sister, and so just like with her powers she had to conceal it

To do this she shut Anna out because she so feared hurting the one she loved she just took away any interaction so the feelings, or her powers, couldn't manifest as she was struggling to control it

Then when she finalls 'lets it go' and runs away she can be true to herself and acknowledge the feelings towards Anna without having to worry about anyone judging her, the years of repressed guilt and torment exploding out in her icy castle

Then when Anna comes to try and help the fear comes flooding back so suddenly that she ends up hurting her, eventually making her think she caused her death and she sees the consequences of what trying to repress your feelings leads to.

It's only when Anna throws herself between Elsa and the blade to save her sister does Elsa realise that the key to controlling her ice powers, and thus her feelings, is the love that Anna reciprocates (as only an act of true love could stop the ice from killing her)

It's clear that they are romantically involved, especially in the short where Elsa asks Anna to be her date and Anna says the perfect gift is being allowed to take care of her
>>
Go back to your dead fucking chan.
>>
>>78084796
This is exactly how I saw it too. It adds way more weight to Elsa's behavior in the film. It also explains that awkward flirting.
>>
>>78084833
>>78084796
>samefagging
go back to your dead chan with your shitty general threads.
>>
File: metaposting_is_bad.jpg (87 KB, 580x519) Image search: [Google]
metaposting_is_bad.jpg
87 KB, 580x519
>>78084875
>>
>>78084796
You're always wrong when you think with your penis.
>>
File: tumblr_n4obvdUnMK1trfngeo1_500.png (145 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4obvdUnMK1trfngeo1_500.png
145 KB, 500x574
>>78083066

I'm always a sucker for family relationships getting explored over love relationships mostly because I've only experienced one. I really liked it when I first saw it. The comic relief was genuinely funny, and not annoying, they acknowledged, but subverted Disney tropes in a way that Enchanted did not, I liked the contrast between the introvert and extravert main characters, and I liked how the ending was fairly surprising.

I just find this picture cute.
>>
>>78084264
Still, your examples can't compare to
>she froze you, now we have to erase your memories to cure it.
>she froze you again, now we can't do shit and only an act of true love can cure you
>>
>>78085041
Because the second time it was her heart.

Makes more sense than an all powerful genie being unable to make a guy into a prince
>>
It didn't sit well with me.
It presents itself as a character-driven story, but even with two main characters the plot is really fucking lacking.

Anna has no arc at all and comes out of the film exactly as she came into it, which is ridiculous considering how much time the movie spends on her.
And then Elsa's entire character arc takes place in the 30 seconds after Anna sacrifices herself, but all it amounts to is "love!", which is underexplained and underwritten, so it feels like a copout.

It's not awful, but it's not good.
>>
Overrated as fuck. What's sad is that it could've been great if it was just a fantasy drama about the sisters differences like Brother Bear but instead we got a female rehash of Beauty and The Beast.

If someone tells you we're in a new golden age of animation, punch them in the fucking face because we are officially in a new one.
>>
>>78085584
>it would have beem amazing if it was like Brother Bear
>>
>>78085584
>rehash of Beauty and the Beast

What?
Explain.
>>
>>78085708

http://geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=1998

Only differences is that Belle was a genuinely strong female character, Beast actually had a character arc and wasn't constantly whining, and Gaston was actually a genuine threat who was an actual challenge for the Beast.
>>
>>78083066
>I especially like that they called out the love-at-first-sight that happens so often in animated films and that they ended it with sisterly love trumping.
then we are enemies
>>
>>78086120
Why? Did you want yet another infatuation-passed-off-as-true-love movie? Those are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>78085798

>Both had magic
>Both had love
>Both had female heroes

It's almost like they're both disney princess movies.
>>
>>78083066
I think it is a decent film.

Not the genre changing juggernaut that it is claimed to be but not a bad movie by any means. I'll watch it when bored and it is on.
>>
>>78084928
100% agreed. And here's a bigger pic.
>>
>>78084642
Tumblr fucking hated this movie.

They literally spend 3 months bashing the evil horrible Disney racists for whitewashing the Sami people (the whitest most ghostlike people on Earth) by making Kristoff a blonde haired white guy with a European name.

Apparently they all assumed Sami=Native American of some type and were stunned to see that it was not true.
>>
What did people think of the short? It never got much attention here because all the Frozen threads were killed a while before.

Kinda pointless, but I guess those who wanted to see Elsa get drunk, for whatever reason, practically got their wish.
>>
>>78087035
tumblr isn't a homogeneous thing like that. A lot of people didn't like that it was a nearly all-white movie. A lot of people loved it. Your statement is as accurate as saying that /co/ hated it.
>>
>>78087036
I loved it. It was sweet and funny with a decent song.
>>
>>78087035
Because the Sami are not white dumbass

Making a sami guy an aryan ubermensch was a total dick move and they should have been called on it.
>>
>>78083066

I liked the original concept with the Amy Winehouse Elsa better. Though that definitely wouldn't have sold nearly as much.

Also Olaf ruined pretty much every scene he got placed in.
>>
>>78087185
The fuck are talking about?
>>
File: saamifam11.jpg (105 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
saamifam11.jpg
105 KB, 550x413
>>78087328
Show me the aryan in the pic.

You can't.
>>
>>78086120
>he actually likes love at first sight

Probably the only thing the movie did right was shit on Anna's naive worldview
>>
File: 1391655666520.jpg (51 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
1391655666520.jpg
51 KB, 460x500
I literally just posted my thoughts in a deleted thread, so here goes:

While I didn't exactly loathe it, I didn't walk away satisfied that I had watched it. To put it mildly, I felt indifferent to it. It had the same impact on me as that M&M Christmas commercial that plays nonstop every year. However, the music reminded me of some rejected, off-broadway show tunes, and I found myself wishing for a nuclear winter instead of normal one.

All in all, I found it mediocre and still don't get what the big deal was.
>>
"Let's build a Snowman" is a better snowman song than "Do you Wanna build a Snowman?"

SPS : 1
DIS : 0
>>
File: 1393204872721.jpg (80 KB, 462x580) Image search: [Google]
1393204872721.jpg
80 KB, 462x580
>>78087185
Tumblr pls leaf
>>
Does anyone have that comic where Ana gets a nosebleed from seeing Elsa in a bikini?
>>
>>78087725
>Tumblr
>aryan ubermensch

I don't think you're responding to tumblr. I think he's a butthurt Nazi.
>>
File: 1417477901788.jpg (336 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1417477901788.jpg
336 KB, 1600x1200
>>78087630
>I felt indifferent to it. It had the same impact on me as that M&M Christmas commercial that plays nonstop every year.
>He DOES exist!
>They DO exist!
They didn't even remaster it for HD broadcasts.
>>
>>78087630
Disney marketing.
They mostly pushed the ITS NOT A TYPICAL LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT MEN NEEDED TO RESCUE ME DISNEY PRINCESS MOVIE SO MUCH EMPOWERMENT!!!
Even though....the amount of disney movies that actualfy did feature anything like that can be counted on one hand.
It's really them subverting a false trope that they spent hundred of billions convincing stupid people that they started.
As if princess stories with that very idea never existed ever in history.
Also vague lesbianism
And pushing that shitty garbage song to stupid parents who then pushed it onto their kids who then thought it was good because their parents told them that it was good and they spent time with them when the did give them the song
Really manipulative shit.

Entire thing is a contrived clusterfuck of marketing genius.
>>
File: paddington.gif (2 MB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
paddington.gif
2 MB, 500x337
It's the most painfully mediocre Disney film I've ever watched, not the worst though.
Nothing is truly awful about the film but nothing is inherently good, the writing is meh, the songs are generic and the characters are one dimensional and the animation is high budget quality with no real artistic direction
It's so by the numbers it hurts and the fact that it takes no advantage of its location with its music is a shame
>>
File: knockedthefuckout.jpg (533 KB, 1000x1043) Image search: [Google]
knockedthefuckout.jpg
533 KB, 1000x1043
I still think they should have sang Life's Too Short when Anna gets to the ice castle, and an altered apologetic For the First Time in Forever reprise when Anna's freezing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZyWuFsGcgg
>>
>>78087036
It was concentrated ship bait slathered in cute. It's one thing to be thrown a bone, but Frozen Fever was having it hit you in the face.

I loved every second of it.
>>
>>78088082
>And pushing that shitty garbage song to stupid parents who then pushed it onto their kids who then thought it was good because their parents told them that it was good and they spent time with them when the did give them the song
you need to work on your phrasing, this was poorly worded as all fucking hell.
>>
>>78084587
Goddamnit
>>
File: 1.jpg (138 KB, 546x805) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
138 KB, 546x805
>Frozen was 2 years ago

Oh how the time just flies on by. Thanks to /co/ and /u/ I think my folder had a huge increase in content. Thanks for fun threads.

Anyone got the post about the guy who was in the theater and he heard a little girl say KISS HER in the theater?
>>
File: even kids ship it.png (48 KB, 1044x195) Image search: [Google]
even kids ship it.png
48 KB, 1044x195
>>78090569
> spoiler
>>
>>78084233
Science?
Science can't even begin to explain what we are witnessing in that pic.
>>
I will forever hate the creators for ruining the Snow Queen just because they wanted to turn Elsa into their waifu. Ignoring that I still hate the movie. From the sloppy animation/backgrounds to the incredibly overrated songs it was a shitshow from the beginning to end.
>>
File: latest.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>78091345
>>
>>78091345
>ruining the Snow Queen just because they wanted to turn Elsa into their waifu.

I envy them for being in a position to do this
>>
>>78083066
Saw it in the theatre 9 times, on my dvd almost weekly. I guess you could say I like it.
>>
>>78091582
Wew lad
>>
All Disney movies are musicals.
>>
Its cute. Nothing special, though.
>>
>>78091615
Not Smash it Steve
>>
Honestly, I thought it was pretty damn good. At least a 7 or 8 out of 10. I saw it twice in theaters, and my girlfriend's had me watch it at least a half dozen times with her, and I've never really gotten sick of it.

Got both overhyped and then overly-bashed by people afterwards.
>>
>>78091650
You mean Bop it Bill?
>>
>>78091650
Where I come from it was called bash it bill
>>
File: Lich_King!.jpg (68 KB, 640x487) Image search: [Google]
Lich_King!.jpg
68 KB, 640x487
>>78084142
THE SLEEPER AWAKENS
>>
>>78091582
marryanon?
>>
>>78085107
He made him into a prince though he just couldnt make then fall in love
>>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_containing_the_I%E2%80%93V%E2%80%93vi%E2%80%93IV_progression

>the movie has several great and original songs up to that point
>and then the main fucking song, the crown jewel of the movie, is the laziest way to make millions
>>
Now I miss frz dammit
>>
File: To Frozen General, With Love.jpg (774 KB, 3197x2353) Image search: [Google]
To Frozen General, With Love.jpg
774 KB, 3197x2353
From me.
For all of us.
In remembrance of all that we are.
And all that we will be.

When will you come to Disney with me?
>>
>>78091821

You could always visit the abandoned insane asylum of a chan they've got set up.
>>
>Why don't you want to fuck your sister?
>Is it the magic icy stuff?~
>or how she's socially quite rough?
>or she's been a shut-in for twenty-some odd years?~
>is it the ice clothes that she wears~
>or are you jealous of her hair?
>or did the Patriarchy lie to you, and tell you that YOU ARE NOT QUEER?!?!
>OOOH
>So she's a bit of a fixer-upper
>the story's said and done
>you now have a boyfriend
>but honey, that can end
>the hot and the cold need to have some FUN!
>So she's a bit of a fixer-upper
>but we have just begun
>we'll find you a way to say that you're both gay, and we won't leave til we're done!
"What are you talking about? Elsa and I are SISTERS!"
>I know. Isn't it perfect~ So tell me dear
>is it because you're both gentry
>or you need a point of entry
>or is it anger that she nearly cracked your head
"No, it's tha-"
>If you had really liked the penis
>you wouldn't choose HIM, cause we've seen HIS
>AND FRANKLY BLONDIE HAS A LOT TO MAKE UP FOR BED!
>OOOH
>maybe you're not yet a carpet-muncher
>or you just haven't tried
>well take it from us
>when we compare, just
>scissoring's something that SAT-IS-FIED!
"That is ju-"
>maybe you're not yet a carpet-muncher
>but we can change your miiind
>here's a girl we met
>and her name's Aavet
>and she'll teach you how to GRIND!
>"OH GOD HELP ME! THEY CAME OUT OF NOWHERE AND TIED ME UP AN-*MMGFF! MNNMMFF!"

This is the only thing from those threads that I still have.
>>
It was okay. Let it Go is still catchy. Not sure if they were actually pushing a lesbian agenda but it feels like it. What makes it lose points for me is it's bad storyboarding. Rise of the Guardians had the same problem.

Tangled, however, had pretty good storyboarding and I liked it very much.
>>
>>78087036
>Oh hey, is that my cake? Thanks Elsa, this is the best birthday ev-
>Uhhhh... Elsa? Why is there a figure of the 10 seconds I was literally dead on top of it?
>>
File: 1.jpg (101 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
101 KB, 500x740
Do you think Disney will introduce a more diverse cast in the sequel?
>>
File: Fire_Mario.jpg (32 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Mario.jpg
32 KB, 1000x700
>>78091965
Perhaps an Italian princess who can shoot fire?
>>
>>78091815
>Can You Feel the Love Tonight

Lion King confirmed shit movie
>>
>>78084512
What would you have done differently?
Genuinely curious.

>>78084796
That is a strangely convincing theory

All in all, not bad. Here's how I wish it would have gone down
>Movie mostly same until Anna gets to Ice Castle
>Have discussion at castle about how different Elsa is
>defeat guards, manages to retract ice to the base of the
>Anna goes back to town, is named queen instead
>flash-forward: 'and for many years, they ruled that way, Anna in the town, and her sister Elsa ruled the mountain
>She began to become known as 'The Snow Queen' and the townsfolks still feared her'
>Introduce Gerda and Kay, from the fairy tale
>Elsa, known only as the snow queen now, is feared and thought as evil, except by Anna, who is still sad.
>Elsa creates snow animals and snow people for company (and many snow bees)
>Kay wants to climb the mountain, on a bet or something, with Gerda
>Encounters Elsa, who is so lonely she takes him back to mountain for company (No /ss/)
>Gerda sees, but stays hidden
>Follows them up to ice castle
>Kay is freezing, but Elsa doesn't notice
>Eventually finds Elsa and talks, hoping to save Kay
>Realizes Elsa is not bad, despite Elsa pretending not to care what she thinks
>"But if you take Kay, then I'll be as lonely as you are..."
>feels.jpg
>Elsa allows Gerda to see Kay. Kisses and tears thaw him
>Elsa brings them back down to village
>Villages, torches and pitchforks
>"STOP!"
>It's Anna, who has not left her castle in years
>touching sister-sister moment
>everyone learns a lesson about caring for others
Or something. What do you think?

>>78091909
kek
>>
>>78092026
>What's your favorite song from the Lion King
>Can You Feel the Love Tonight
~t. pleb
>>
>>78091886
I left. I'm one of the less-insane ones who don't do the lesbian circlejerk.
>>
>>78092094
I could say the same thing about Frozen and Let it Go
>>
>>78091886

Snowchan.org if you wanna visit that site

But Remember, prepare your Puking bucket, there are things that worse than MLP threads over there.
>>
>>78083411
Thank god I'm not the only one... If I was Anna I'd be pretty pissed I didn't get some cool fire powers or something.
>>
>>78083066
It's a pretty good film, but I could've done without the Disney mandated singing and wacky toy advertisement.
>>
>>78084329
Nah, before there were clickbait and blogs disguised as articles, there were tabloids and local newspapers.
>>
File: someday my fans will come.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
someday my fans will come.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
>>78091865
Hopefully next year Floridafag
>>
>>78083066
>>78083505
>>78083732

It's ironic because the movie's actual message is about not judging people positively because you find them attractive...

This movie did so well because people over sexualize and fetishize the two main characters...

The point went so far over people's heads, it's depressing and funny at the same time.
>>
>>78092611
[email protected]

I will wait for you.
>>
>>78092672
Same with Lego Movie.
"everything is awesome is parody of pop songs, and movie says to not listen to them.
>Everyone are obsessed and EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
>>
File: 72170576.jpg (27 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
72170576.jpg
27 KB, 330x330
>>78084587

Hahaha oh wow. Well done sir.
>>
>>78084329
>>78084435

It's funny two how women secretly push for perverted stuff and when it becomes more publicly known about they all pretend they had nothing to do with it.

Like you said, people can never dis-associate the two now and I challenge this -- that associate is coming from them and they're projecting it onto others. Like normies always do. They see two attractive females showing emotions towards each other, the sex obessessed brain immediately jump to that conclusion and then they look around and pretend SOMEONE ELSE thought that and they are just commenting on it.
>>
>>78092814
Must be an American thing. All the talks/chats/smalltalk I've made about the movie with countless people (most normies/normal people), lesbian incest has never come up even once. Elsa=gay has come up a few times, but never lesbian incest.
>>
>>78093203
>Must be an American thing.
it's a 4chan thing europoor.
>>
Why did Hans ever bothered saving Elsa if he was planning to kill her anyway?

And why the fuck would he diss Anna when he needs her the most to get full control of Arendale?
>>
>>78091760
He didn't. He gave him a parade and fancy clothes. He had no lasting wealth, no country, no lands, no monarchical family. Literally everything that defines a Prince he lacked.

Unless you go REALLLLLY roundabout and consider that the entire plot of the movie from that point on was a magical fabrication by Genie to have everyone end up in a situation where Aladdin and Jasmine get married, which would make him a prince, and thus grant him his wish. Jafar capturing Jasmine, Aladdin saving the day, the Sultan deciding to throw out the law for true love (which the genie didn't create, but finagled the scenario in such a way that it'd all work out), and since the wish wasn't very specific he even spun it in a way that made Aladdin and Jasmine feel sorry for/endeared towards Genie so they'd set him free.

If the second possibility is what actually happened then that's some pretty good magic.
>>
File: tumblr_n13xb5HYph1rmexwyo2_540.jpg (66 KB, 517x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n13xb5HYph1rmexwyo2_540.jpg
66 KB, 517x400
>>78083066
Main problems?
>They worked 3 years on ice and snow - it's shit and ice looks likle from 1998. Compare snow in Frozen and HTTYD you will see it.
>Not following the original script - Sister goes on adventure to rescue her messy Ice-powered sister from real Ice queen. Beautifull rusians palaces and dark forests everywere.

Pic fucking related- Elsa as Ice queen had coat made of LIVING white ferrets. I really wanted to see this animated.

WHole movie felt dull and not fun at all for me. But I DO Liked Olaf. IMO best Disney movie-mascot.
>>
>>78088648
Woah that's a ice song. And I would love it in the movie as it's great counter scene.
>>
>>78093516

that Villain elsa looks exactly like Cruella De Vil From 101 dalmations btw
>>
>>78083411

One or two less songs, and a bit more story would have been very nice to see. Otherwise it was a great movie.
>>
File: evil_elsa_by_kanani_chan-d7xk6d8.jpg (110 KB, 1024x1409) Image search: [Google]
evil_elsa_by_kanani_chan-d7xk6d8.jpg
110 KB, 1024x1409
>>78093516

I don't think I would have handled her inevitable death well.
>>
>>78092672
>not judging people positively because you find them attractive
I don't think so since Hans didn't turn until the end. Yeah I agree with not fu- marrying a man you just met just because he is perfect and he is nice to you but there was no reason to not trust him.

The movie did so well because it is a perfect movie for women of all ages. Little girls have their cute princesses, big girls can enjoy the "I don't need no man" message, and sjws the implied lesbian / asexual undertones.
Not to mention the plotline and the solution is female centered too.
>>
>>78091615
Even Starship Troopers?
>>
>>78094020
I want to see a Would You Like to Know More? as a group/choir ballad.

Rico has a sad song about the team member he got killed.

Imagine the final song: It's....afraid! It's afraid? It's afraid! IT'S AFRAID! IT'S AFRAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!!
>>
File: queenmarisol.png (362 KB, 563x750) Image search: [Google]
queenmarisol.png
362 KB, 563x750
>>78092024
fire girl already exists funnily enough
>>
>>78094389

if you read the book, that aint the fire girl

shes just a normal human
>>
>>78092074
Woahhhh I would watch that
>>
>>78088164
Is it supposed to look like someones shagging Paddington off screen?
>>
>>78092814
>They see two attractive females showing emotions towards each other, the sex obessessed brain immediately jump to that conclusion and then they look around and pretend SOMEONE ELSE thought that and they are just commenting on it.

If it's really sex obsession and "people ALWAYS have to pervert things", then how come it's literally the only couple I've ever done this with? It has nothing to do with the sex - I see those two and there's something about them that screams "this couple is exceptional"

That's the problem with this line of logic. People immediately call up some hopelessly general straw-man so they can shit on someone's view of something because it makes them uncomfortable. Couldn't be that there might be just a dash of romantic tension, and anyone who sees it *has* to be depraved, because it would pop your fragile bubble for any other explanation to be true.
>>
>>78096649
This, I don't see lesbians in everything but there was definitely something more to Anna & Elsa
>>
https://www.snowchan.org/frz/catalog.html
>>
Anna or Elsa, /co/?
>>
File: Elsa7.png (801 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Elsa7.png
801 KB, 500x700
>>78098369
Elsa
>>
>>78098369
Self-insert: Anna
Waifu: Elsa
>>
>>78098369
Anna, can't see why people like Elsa
>>
I'm just disappointed that they set the tone and setting so well only to have the movie fall flat.

I love that intro song.

https://youtu.be/g4wLEoakY7M?t=42s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPGyx7N1XI

literally the only good part of the movie

the obnoxious snowman fucks literally made me butthurt and groan audibly when I was watching the movie with my daughters
>>
>>78084270
Jesus dude that's not a good thing.
>>
File: 1391959272693.jpg (193 KB, 1030x1030) Image search: [Google]
1391959272693.jpg
193 KB, 1030x1030
>>78098369
punzel
>>
>>78084193
>>78084270
So /frz/ was basically just a circlejerk that the bottom feeders of /co/ used as a support group.
>>
>>78100376

>No Tits
>Creepy Smile

GTFO
>>
>>78100421
Was /sug/ the new /frz/?
>>
>>78100421
It was nice while it lasted, had fun going to Disney with someone from /frz/. Pretty great.
>>
>>78101135
Similar in that they both feature masturbating over sad singing magical lesbians but I would say /sug/ is a bit less comfy.
>>
>>78102138
I never got to experience /frz/, can't really decide whether or not I missed out
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.