[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever interacted with anyone that works on any shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1441731751946.gif (309 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1441731751946.gif
309 KB, 720x480
Have you ever interacted with anyone that works on any shows or comics you like, /co/? Social media or not.
>>
I used to for about 3 or 4 years. Email and facebook primarily. Don't have any copies left. A waste of time on my part, but some of the people were pretty nice though.
>>
I meet Cullen Bunn and Jim McCann.
>>
I made some stupid fanart for someone that works on SU and amazingly they retweeted it

I think they said they were going to print it but it's been such a long time since that happened
>>
>>78082368
I have a friend who works for Mercury Filmworks.
>>
>>78082368
i am friends with the creators of this one
http://www.jajaverlag.com/der-ausflug.html
it's not popular but i really like it because it really fits the creators personality
>>
i regularly chat up artists of comics i like, it's pretty simple not to drop your spaghetti once you learn what a formality is and how to be sincere without being a creep.

shit like "hey man i love your work, it has X of what i really like and it's pretty unique for Y reasons, where do your ideas come from?", it's not hard to say nice things without devolving into obscene levels of dick sucking, i don't know why it's so hard for people.
>>
File: lightshot.png (145 KB, 478x529) Image search: [Google]
lightshot.png
145 KB, 478x529
>>78082593
Oh god I found it it's terrible
>>
I regularly talk with several webcomic creators. Almost all of them are generous with replies on Twitter, and I even Steam chat with a few them on occasion.
>>
>>78083082
probably because people don`t fully grasp the concept of "social skills" or "social interaction"

Not everyone`s taken that college level public speaking course.
>>
I smoked weed Brian Posehn and talked about Star Wars.
>>
>>78083082
sometimes people are just star struck. had a friend that went to a Nightmare before christmas musical and met Tim Burton himself. He had a million questions wanted to ask but ended up just defaulting to a really boring question.
>>
File: 1437369154884.jpg (49 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1437369154884.jpg
49 KB, 420x315
>>78082368
i tend not to.
Just because well...i don`t highly regard anyone as some sort of deity i need to worship.
if they were heavily involved in something i liked and near my area, i probably wouldn`t even acknowledge them. I just feel like they get enough of that shit from everyone else.

As for social media: i got better things to do then constantly be on twitter and suck 20 dicks in a row.
>>
Guy who I'm doing my practicum with's son does digital art for Thor and The Avengers. Did some work for LucasArts but quit before he could work on episode seven to work on James Bond. It triggered me.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446647916943.jpg (68 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446647916943.jpg
68 KB, 720x960
Just something Guido Guidi drew for me.
>>
I went to sauna with a comic book writer once
He was a normal person who enjoyed beer
>>
>>78083415
Thank you
>>
I asked Kyle Carrozza a couple of questions, and a few more people.
>>
tweeted back and forth with steve niles. He Favorited a Simon Dark cosplay I worked up
>>
Back when the creator of adventure time did that art show, way back
>>
>>78082368
I am Facebook friends with Joe Horne, creator of MTV's first original cartoon, Stevie and Zoya.

I am also Facebook friends with Ted Trogdon, a gag cartoonist who was very active in the 60's and 70's. Great guy.
>>
I chill in the SU irc, there's a few content creators in there. Some fan art, some webcomics, stuff like that. I know the twins that make that cartoon about inanimate objects on NG, I've never gotten around to watching it though.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.