[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you feel that the comic version of a character is always better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
Do you feel that the comic version of a character is always better than adaptations of them into other mediums such as movies, cartoons, games?

If not, list some examples of when the adaptation is better and why you think so.
>>
File: Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_150.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1957) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_150.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1957
>>78078795

I think comics are always better because there is just so much more content that never gets adapted. Not to add the risk of not adapting it well. Some people enjoy the cartoons or movies more because they have sound and motion but when I read comics I hear awesome stuff and imagine everything living in motion. It's really my favorite and I don't have to wait 3 years just to see them adapt another origin story.
>>
File: 1.jpg (19 KB, 200x550) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
19 KB, 200x550
He's supposed to be black
>>
>>78079208
What's with all the whitewashed lantern threads lately?
>>
>>78078795
>Do you feel that the comic version of a character is always better than adaptations of them into other mediums such as movies, cartoons, games?
Varies from character to character, not to mention very few characters have 100% consistent characterization from writer to writer

Movie Hal was terrible, GLTAS Hal was pretty great but I like some comics portrayals better than the GLTAS one and some less, etc

Or some are a lot different than the comics versions but still great in their own right, like JLU Wally or the Question
>>
>>78079208
>1.jpg

You aren't fooling me
>>
File: Darkness.jpg (64 KB, 395x349) Image search: [Google]
Darkness.jpg
64 KB, 395x349
Jackie Estacado in the first The Darkness game is much more fleshed out, human and relatable than he ever was in the comics. He also got a better ending.
>>
>>78080526
I think game Jackie is basically the latter half of v2 Jackie and early v3 Jackie. v1 is just pure 90's though.
>>
>>78078795
Jason Todd in Under the Red Hood was better than any of his comics counterpart.
The movie also had a plausible reason for his resurrection instead of "Superboy Prime punched reality" or "Talia did it because he was the chosen one"
>>
>>78078795
I've just always really wanted to see an unlikeable moron who gets everything his own way fight a cloud of shit with his HotWheels™.
>>
>>78079208
What...? This guy is the wrong fucking color! He's supposed to be green, not teal!
>>
File: Slade_001.jpg (49 KB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
Slade_001.jpg
49 KB, 371x500
>>78078795
Admittedly half of this is just Ron Perlman.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.