[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What have been some of your favorite ANAD titles thus far?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: All-New-All-Different.jpg (875 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
All-New-All-Different.jpg
875 KB, 1280x720
What have been some of your favorite ANAD titles thus far?
>>
Vision, Carnage, Illuminati and because I'm characterfag, Black Knight.
Is Web Warriors worth it?
>>
>>78078777
>anything out of spider-verse being worth it

Not at all.
>>
>>78078750
Why is Marvel such raging SJW tumblr appeasers?

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>78078750
Vision and Totally Awesome Hulk are objectively the best, no contest.

Of the non obectively-best books, I've enjoyed Ultimates, New Avengers, Sam Wilson: Captain America, Illuminati, and Herc quite a bit.
>>
>>78078823
Because tumblr buys comics as opposed to exclusively pirating everything, and they're a business so they have to go where the money is.
>>
>>78078750
Vision, Hercules, Totes Awesome Hulk because everyone says they're good and they actually are.

Howard, Wolverine-23, Spider-Man 2099, Capt. Falcon, and All-New X-Men are ones I personally enjoy.
>>
>Doom Tier
Vision, Hulk

>God Tier
2099, Spidey, Hercules, Contest of Champions, Ultimates, Carnage, Ant-Man, Illuminati,

>Good Tier
Daredevil, Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers, Captain America
>>
>>78078873
Captain Falcon turned out to be a lot better than I expected. Actually enjoying it more than Ant-man.
>>
Ant-Man, Captain America, Deadpool, Howling Commandos, and New Avengers.
>>
>>78078777
It's okay but only 1 issue so far. I have hopes though.
>>
>>78078894
Oh man I totally forgot about Ant-Man.

Shits tight too
>>
>>78078750
ms marvel, karnak, illuminati, uncanny and all new inhumans, vision, uncanny avengers, all new x-men, new avengers, and contest of champions.
>>
Ignoring Vision and Hulk which everybody loves I'd put Spider-Man 2099, Ant-Man and Deadpool after yesterday's issue as my top 3, might replace one of them with Daredevil after one more issue or two

Not getting the love for Herc or Uncanny Avengers, though
>>
>>78078957
I can't get past the art for Uncanny Avengers.

Just can't do it.
>>
>>78078957
What I like about Uncanny Avengers is that it's just unapologetically a comic book. There's no attempt at a hipster art style, no overblown social-message, just people in wacky costumes beating each other up.
>>
>>78079015
>There's no attempt at a hipster art style

I'd go as far as saying there's no attempt at an art style at all
>>
>>78078980
Check out the most recent issue. it seems that Stegman's shattered hand has healed enough that his characters don't all have bonitis anymore. He's still not back to his old level of quality, but he's slowly improving. Hoping that he gets his groove back by the end of the first arc.
>>
>>78079031
Dunno, I think Stegman is a cool artist for what he does.
>>
>>78079048
He used to be alright, but Uncanny is just Scarecrows: The Book

Granted 2099 has fucking awful art too, but either the writing's better or I'm just personally more invested in Miggy
>>
>>78078873
Are you me? What the fuck
>>
>>78078750
Vision, Totally Awesome Hulk, New Avengers, Captain Falcon, and Ant-Man are all good to great so far

Karnak was okay but the art is ruined by poor dot-shading, the action sequences were not perfect, and it's a bit heavy-handed

I'm liking Ms Marvel but not as much as before

I still need to read Hercules, Daredevil, and Illuminati
>>
>>78078878

>Doom Tier

More like Doomed Tier. They'll both be canceled by issue 6.
>>
>>78078878
They sell good according to last week's sells.
>>
Karnak is a kick-ass comic, but I think it'll take a couple arcs to cement itself as a frontrunner.
>>
>>78078750
I like Scarlet Witch, Vision, New Avengers and Hulk.
Hawkeye was pretty good too.
>>
>>78079430
>Karnak is kick-ass
Anon, I am not sad I have bad news for you.
Karnak's a 6 issue mini.
>>
>>78079345
Hulk won't. Vision will.
>>
>>78080576

Vision is very blatantly a stealth mini though.
>>
>>78080883
>Both DC and Marvel give King stealth minis
Fuck the both of 'em.
>>
God-tier
>Vision

Good-tier
>Hercules
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Karnak
>Scarlet Witch

Everything else is pretty much trash. Haven't read Daredevil and Deadpool yet though.
>>
>>78078750
>Good
Moon-girl, Wolverin, Karnak (if you forget its karnak), All-new X-men, Cho as Hulk

>mediocre good
extraordinary X-men, All-be inhumans
>>
>>78080930
It's because the ongoings are heavily editorial and corporate mandated and King would not be able to do anything.

>You wanna write Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy/Spider-Man?
>Okay, you have the job. Keep in mind you have to obligatory include these X number of characters, you have to introduce these X number of concepts, you have to build these X number of stories for the next event. Be prepared to write tie-ins in said event of course. These incredibly big list is of characters you can't use or modify in any way...

I can understand why King prefers the stealth minis.
>>
>>78078750
Here's my list;
>
>>
>>78078823
it makes them money. has been since before you were born.
>>
I honestly and unironically prefer the state of affairs in ANAD to what they used to be
>>
>>78083368
Same here. I had dropped most of my Marvel books by the time SW happened, and have way more on my pull now than before. Even Slott's ASM and Bendis' GotG are a lot better than they were before.

The x-line is still pretty shitty though and the lack of any F4 book makes me sad. I know most weren't too fond of it, but I liked Robinson's run.

Only book so far that really feels like its dropped in quality from pre-SW was Nova, and I'm willing to give Ryan a couple more issues to get his groove before dropping it.
>>
>>78078850
but they don't buy comics.
that's the point.
>>
Ewing and Waid's Avengers books
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Herc
Strange
I'm liking Iron Man which is shocking as hell
ASM
Captain America's been good which I wasn't expecting
Thor
Daredevil issue 1 didn't turn me off but I'm not super hype either
>>
>>78078750

>reading Marvel

The company pretty much like to shit on it's readers and has low production values. The best thing that I dos was stop buying it.

Vision os the only good thing good, and I can download it on /co/.
>>
File: Knights of Pendragon 01-02.jpg (87 KB, 232x675) Image search: [Google]
Knights of Pendragon 01-02.jpg
87 KB, 232x675
Strange, Herc, Ultimates...

I think I've hit that wall where i realize I'm just buying for the sake of going through the motions. I want to fill up my long box and I want to support my LCS because they're cool dudes, I don't necessarily feel like I NEED to know what happens next in these stories like I have with past ongoing purchases. But at the same time I'm worried that if I stop it'll get REALLY GOOD and worth owning in its entirety like what happened with Loki Agent of Asgard.

First word problems bruh
>>
I have read

>Doctor Strange
>Daredevil
>Avengers

Doctor Strage isnt bad but it doesnt really feel like a Doc Strange book

Daredevil was only one issue, we need to know how he has a secret identity again, having a sidekick im not sure how I feel about and it may or may not work in the book we can only wait to find out

Avengers was cheesy. Mark Waid is my favorite writer. I'm not sure if I will continue or not. It hasnt been offensively bad yet but do I really care that much about Miles and Kamala? I havent read nor do I really know what FalconCap's deal is, or the in universe reason he has the mantle now. Never read anything Kamala except the ANAD issues, never read any Sam stuff but loved Dick Rider
>>
Why are the ANAD books starting before Secret Wars ends?

Why did ASM get another renumbering?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.