[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having finally watched all of Korra I'd give it a 7.5/10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 36
File: Korra-Excited.png (1 MB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
Korra-Excited.png
1 MB, 1280x722
Having finally watched all of Korra I'd give it a 7.5/10
>>
>>78076875
That sounds about right.
>>
>>78076875
>>78076901
only if you ignore the major flaws in the show.
>>
>>78076875
How did you feel about Season 3? If I rewatched it I'd probably skip the rest, it was all pretty uninteresting by comparison.
>>
>>78076966
>>78076901
>>78076875
Let me put it in a better way: if you're not considering ANYTHING but the animation, it's a 7.5. If you actually pay attention to the plot, it's more likely a 5 or 4.
>>
>>78076966

I'm not, hence the rating. It still had great music, backgrounds, I'm a sucker for Art-Deco, and I really appreciated how much more liberal they were with death over The Last Airbender which is still much better obviously.
>>
>>78076875
S1:8
S2:4.5
S3:8
S4:6.5
Ave6.75
>>
>>78077003
>Let me put it in a better way: if you're not considering ANYTHING Korra's rack, it's a 7.5. If you actually pay attention to the plot, it's more likely a 5 or 4

ftfy
>>
>>78077016
so basically, you didn't consider the plot at all. With a retarded plot, the music/background/art is meaningless.
>>
>>78076992

I liked S3 and S4 equally desu, despite 4's obvious flaws, mostly because I demanded more Varrick/Julie relationship focus, and that's exactly what I got, without him being utterly wasted like season 2.
>>
File: Pet-Rock-Step-6.jpg (225 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
Pet-Rock-Step-6.jpg
225 KB, 670x503
>>78076875
it's actually a pretty good show if you take Korra out of the equation or substitute her with a pet rock
>>
>>78077064

The plot is why it's not higher, but the plot isn't God. It's the reason I rate Blade Runner despite not really caring about the story so much, because the mood is second to none.
>>
>>78077100
>The plot is why it's not higher
You're taking what, 1 or 2 points out because of the plot? did you even pay attention? it didn't make ANY sense at times (0/10). You're an idiot if you think art is somehow over the plot.
>>
File: 1449687652421.png (261 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1449687652421.png
261 KB, 900x900
>>78077076
>>
>>78077172

>Hey! Why didn't they use the Eagles to go to Mordor? This makes no sense! Zero stars.
>>
I really liked it. It was fun and nostalgic. Very emotional at times too.

And Korra was actually a good character
>>
>>78077221
>Why didn't they use the Eagles to go to Mordor?
some people actually explained that before. Anyway, it's not about a better solution. It's about not making sense at all. Hell, S02 had zero reason to even happen if you think about it. For example, why Unalaq even attacked the south? S04 is no better at the ending with Kuvira going inside RC for no reason at all. She could literally fire at kilometers of distance. Forced retardation to move the plot is 0/10 anywhere and if you ignore that for the sake of artistic value, you're being an idiot.
>>
>>78077350
>And Korra was actually a good character
this is not a shit opinion thread.
>>
File: varrick wins the hunger games.gif (6 KB, 408x153) Image search: [Google]
varrick wins the hunger games.gif
6 KB, 408x153
>>78076875

it's get a 7.5 because of Varrick.
>>
>>78077436
>gif

What's about to happen
>>
>>78077362

Citizen Kane's entire story revolves around people reacting to his Last Words, despite literally no one being around to hear it. Is Citizen Kane now a 0/10 movie?
>>
>>78077519
The maid was off-camera.
>>
File: 1412532007365.png (727 KB, 770x904) Image search: [Google]
1412532007365.png
727 KB, 770x904
>>78076875
>>
>>78077600
>Korrasami first date
>>
>>78077600
>Korra with her hair down
They needed to do this more.
>>
>>78076875
>>78076901
>>78077350
Go back to /u/.
>>
>>78077519
still didn't watch it, but i doubt that's how it went. More likely, it refers to the last known words.
>>
>>78077700
*agreement intensifies*
>>
>>78077221
The Eagles was one instance. TLOK was a rollercoaster ride of nonsensical stuff happening one after another, starting with the protagonist being an utter dumbass.
>>
YOU HATE ME BUT I KNOW YOU WANT TO FUCK ME
>>
File: korra-01-by_hannisen.png (193 KB, 666x800) Image search: [Google]
korra-01-by_hannisen.png
193 KB, 666x800
Korra did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1425367867938.png (868 KB, 1300x1700) Image search: [Google]
1425367867938.png
868 KB, 1300x1700
>>78077810
>>
>>78077876
>takes Korra out of her series
>S02-S03-S04 doesn't happen
>>
File: tumblr_ny8fsibWZY1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg (480 KB, 860x794) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny8fsibWZY1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg
480 KB, 860x794
>>78077876
S3-4 Korra is okay.

But S1-2 is fucking horrible.
>>
>>78077810
An appropriate summary of /co/'s fixation with Korra - both the series and the character.
>>
>>78077913
3-4 Korra is just the same. Still fucks up. Still fights for no reason.
>>
We really need to sit down one day and rewrite Korra from the ground up to get a better story out of the series.
>>
>>78077876
The only thing Korra did right was enable others to come into their own.
She brought Mako and Bolin out of poverty and made them men. Her actions allowed for Asami to rebuild her company. She let Tenzin relax knowing that his daughters don't have to get fucked to continue on airbending. Gave Tenzin character development. Forced Lin's hand and brought the Beifongs back on speaking terms. And saved Jinora who in turn would save her. She did everything else wrong in order to let Bryke tell a certain story.
>>
File: tumblr_nvy0pjA3s11rcx61zo1_1280.jpg (289 KB, 740x847) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvy0pjA3s11rcx61zo1_1280.jpg
289 KB, 740x847
>>78077949
She's generally just a little more pleasant and not as selfish though.

I have no problem with her being a hotheaded fuck-up.
Her being a hotheaded fuck-up, that's also a huge cunt was TOO MUCH.
Also S4 Korra really isn't very hotheaded anymore.
>>
>>78078015
let's start by taking out Korra.
>>
File: 1449562337495.png (123 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
1449562337495.png
123 KB, 444x250
>>78077600
muh dick
>>
>>78078027
Nope, we're on Nightmare Mode. We have to keep all the characters and the overall direction of the story.

Personally, I'd get Korrasami started almost as soon as Korra and Asami first meet.
>>
>>78078023
S01 Korra is probably the best, because even if she fucks up, or is a cunt sometimes, she is still learning from her mistakes. In S04 we know she didn't learn anything at all.

- Korra, you have to stop Kuvira!
- okay..

- Kuvira, you have to stop!
- why?
>>
File: 960.jpg (33 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
33 KB, 960x540
>>78078080
I get wanting to keep the characters, but what if Korra did off herself.

If not at pic related, then maybe season 4 when she goes full on emo kid
>>
>>78078080
1. no romance shit
2. mako/asami/bolin taken out from the beginning. Team avatar is just Lin and Tenzin at first after the president put them in charge of babysitting Korra following threats of terrorists.
3. Korra actually learns from her mistakes
4. no S02. Spiritual shit still happens without her. She tries to control it but fails at first, only to fix that by the end of the season.
>>
>>78076875
nope, 6.5 or 7 /10
>>
>>78078015
I have been summoned once more!

For season one:

1. Make the season longer to expand on Republic City, the triads, and the Equalists would be ideal. This would also give Mako and Bolin a better place in the story as well and let them actually do things.

2. Have Korra get debended earlier and have to learn airbending to compensate. Later on, have her finally get in contact with Aang so they can both talk to each other. Have Aang teach Korra energybending so she can fix herself and everyone else.

3. Make Asami a villain who befriends everyone, eventually leading her to betray her father and the Equalists.

4. Get rid of the stupid relationship bullshit. If Korra has to end up in a relationship have her get together with Mako without the love triangle or stick her with Bolin because they actually had chemistry together.

5. Let Bolin be competent and helpful some of the time. You could tie this back to 1 by making him the guy who knows everyone on the street. He is extremely friendly and outgoing, so it would make sense.

6. Make Mako and Asami interesting. Make Asami be more visibly exited about machines or make Bolin a better Pai Sho player and have him and Asami have a friendly rivalry going. Make Mako more dynamic. Maybe make Mako more sarcastic or interested in literature. Really, just give them anything.

7. This one is more iffy, but have Amon not be a bender, but instead have him be taught energy bending by a spirit. Preferably have him trade his face to Koh in exchange for it.
>>
File: Korra 4654546456.png (436 KB, 694x1083) Image search: [Google]
Korra 4654546456.png
436 KB, 694x1083
>>78078521
For season two:

1. Don't make Unalaq corrupt. Make him a just, but harsh and theocratic ruler. Minor offenses could be punished with excessive jail time, corperal punishment, and forced labor. Luxery items such as jewelery and spices could be banned under the justification that austerity brings enlightenment. Enforce strict gender roles like what was seen during Season 1 of the original series. Do to her wilder nature, Unalaq forcing his incredibly strict beliefs on the population against their will is enough to make him a villian.

2. Have both Korra and Tenzin initally support Unalaq, but become quickly disallusioned due to his methods. After realizing Unalaq couldn't be reasoned with they would return to Republic City. While Tenzin wouldn't directly get involved and would have misgivings about intervening in foreign affairs, have him relectuntly support Korra and give her advice because she's the Avatar and spiritual matters are her buisness. If Kyoshi could stop Chin the Conquerer, Korra can oppose Unalaq's rule. Heck, have her get some advice from Kyoshi at some point in the season because it makes sense. It could be explained by Harmonic Convergence making Korra's connection to her past lives stronger.

3. Make it so people can hurt spirits. Yes, they're spirits, but they're also in this physical world. The problem is that they can only be driven off, not stopped without spiritual power. If you injure a spirit enough in the physical world it should discorperate and come back the next day or something like that. This makes spirit bending important because it's the only way to convert, kill, or banish a spirit, but it also makes it easier for the rest of the cast to interact with them. The show should probably also touch on ways other forms of bending or possibly on how non-benders can deal with spirits.
>>
>>78076875
I thought the last season was pure crap, for that alone I wouldn't give it more than 6/10
>>
>>78078521
>Let Bolin be competent and helpful some of the time.
Man, remember when Bolin was supposed to be a ladies man, but ultimately ended up a total loser?
>>
File: KorraShortHairWorkout.jpg (119 KB, 692x1155) Image search: [Google]
KorraShortHairWorkout.jpg
119 KB, 692x1155
>>78078550
4. I actually liked the idea of opening the spirit portals to bring humans and spirits together, but the problem was all evidence pointed to it being a bad idea. While this is more of a third season thing, benevolent spirits entering the material world due to Harmonic convergence could used as an example during the second season that spirits exisiting in the material world isn't bad. Under Unalaq's rule and with greater access to the physical world, the spirits could cause the weather to be more favorable, disease made both less common and less severe, and increase the amount of fish brought in by fishermen.

5. Get Team Avatar together and have them collecivly figure out a way to fix everything. Bolin could still be doing the mover star thing, but instead of being a complete jackass, have it so he's just kind of busy so he's only around for meetings and quick missions. His main role in the season would be to inadvertantly feed information to Varick about the team's plans by telling him all about what him and his friends are doing.

As for everyone else keep Asami's business problems as a plot point. With a longer season it wouldn't suck up all the screen time and with Korra and Bolin being around some of the time instead of never it wouldn't force the team to be seperated. Asami should go full Batman with gadgets and intimidation. I think she could be pretty scary if she put on an act where she was cold as ice and threatened to use her shock glove and political connections on people. Make it so as Mako becomes more obsessed with his attempts to find the terrorists, he actually starts to scare his friends with his intensity...
>>
File: Korra 3.jpg (240 KB, 540x972) Image search: [Google]
Korra 3.jpg
240 KB, 540x972
>>78078577
...At some point he could take it too far roughing up some criminals and everyone would need to reel him in. With Bolin being busy and Asami and Mako pushing things too far, Korra could actually be the voice of reason for once. Jinora still ends up trapped in the spirit world and Aangs kids still have to save her, but Jinora is no longer some shining light baby Dues ex Machina.

6. Make it so those two cops are actually on the take. If they're working for Varrick instead of being incompetent it doesn't make Lin look like an idiot for putting more faith in them instead of Mako.

7. Korra keeps on having weird hallucinations and random encounters with past lives, like with Kyoshi as mentioned above. This eventually starts causing problems so she asks Tenzin for help. He advices her to go see that one Bhanti shaman. He knows about the tribe because of his time as a child traveling with Aang and his interest in spiritual matters. It turns out the reason Korra is having these visions is because Harmonic Convergence has messed up her connection with Raava and her past lives. This allows the Wan falshback episodes to still happen.

8. At some point have Korra interact with some spirits and discover that a lot of weaker ones are unhappy with Unalaq's rule because of how miserable everyone is. They can't really do anything about it though because Unalaq has managed to appease a handful of powerful spirits who are loyal to Vaatu and uses his spiritual bending to prevent those brave enough to oppose them from going beastmode on his ass.
>>
File: Korra 2.jpg (217 KB, 600x1078) Image search: [Google]
Korra 2.jpg
217 KB, 600x1078
>>78078588
9. Don't make Vaatu strictly evil, just bad for human civilization. The world under his dominion should be wild and dangerous and the spirits unpradictable and passionate. Instead of being mindless murder machines who are slaves to Vaatu's will, they would be more like Hei Bai from the original series when he was enraged. Being prone to wild moodswings, the spirits would be more likely to flip out and destroy things, and when happy they could take it too far and riot like a bunch of drunken sports fans who's team just beat their big rivals in the finals. Instead of liking humans who where peaceful, they would enjoy the company of those who where prone to excess. As for the world, the weather could be strong and unpredictable, and seismic activity much more common.

10. Unalaq wants to release Vaatu because he believes the world needs both him and Raava to be in balance. He fuses with Vaatu with the intention of stealing Raava from Korra and becoming some sort of super Avatar. When he pulls Raava out of Korra he doesn't try and destroy her, meaning he doesn't destroy the connection to Korra's past lives, but instead tries to absorb Raava. While it isn't mentioned here, I think it is important to bring up that Unalaq and the Red Lotus had a falling out because he believed that humanity needed a strong hand to guide them.

Before he does so, Unalaq talks to Raava in order to explain his motivation, but Vaatu is against the idea so he siezes control of him. Before Vaatu can kill Raava one of Korra's friends intervenes. Maybe Mako hits him with a fire blast, maybe Asami hits him with a throwing weapon, or someone someone just chucks a snow ball at him. Regardless, this destracts him long enough for Raava and Korra to fuse and start fighting UnaVaatu in the Avatar State...
>>
File: korra chillin.png (497 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
korra chillin.png
497 KB, 1280x1080
>>78078603
...While this is happening, everyone else is fighting off spirits who are trying to intervene. Eventually some of the weaker spirits mentioned earlier show up too when the swarm of spirits becomes too much for everyone to handle.

11. Due to getting to know some spirits and seeing what spiritual assistance did for the Water Tribe, Korra decides that the gates should be opened. This is further justified by her believing that humans are strong enough now to deal with spirits if they need to. She also realizes that do to her connection with Raava she can enact spiritual change during harmonic convergence. She uses energybending to awaken airbending in people who are descended from airbenders. As Harmonic Convergence ends, Korra's connection to her past lives weaken, but they're still stronger than they where before do to her growing skill in spiritual matters.

I never got around to doing the other seasons.
>>
>>78078566
Yeah, and that sucked because Bolin was one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>78077883
does anyone actually have screencaps of the very first korrasami reactions? just out of curiosity
>>
>>78078566
>but ultimately ended up a total loser?

Foiled a presidential kidnapping all on his own

Protected a group of Refugee's

Got Best Girl

Learned an impressive specialized bending

Saved both his brother and some random foes.

Bolin was great through and through
>>
>>78078672
>They Are Just friends

> KORRASAIMI CONFIRMED

> retard

> Homophobe

blah blah, it was just a back and forth of a fandom and hatedom that more or less just canceled each other out
>>
>>78078609
sounds pretty gay bro
I wouldn't watch it
>>
>>78077911
>>78077913
>>78078022
NOTHING
WRONG

>but muh physical world purity is tainted by the presence of spirits now!
Spirit haters gonna hate.
>>
>>78076966
Like the forced sjw emasculating agenda?
>>
>>78078783
just let me see them anon. let me live vicariously through the joy and butthurt
>>
File: bolin the dream.jpg (54 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
bolin the dream.jpg
54 KB, 1024x576
>>78078742
Despite season 2 being an awful season, it had one of the best scenes in the series.
>>
>>78078834

>Le SJW agenda

Honestly, it makes about as much sense as any other awful ships.
>>
File: MakoxWu.png (188 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
MakoxWu.png
188 KB, 500x564
>>78078799
Anything in particular? Maybe it isn't gay enough. Maybe I need to write up season 4 and get even gayer.
>>
>>78078742
Fair enough. I suppose I was talking more within the context of season one.
Like, seriously, it's like they wrote his ladies-man background, then forgot about it.
>>
>>78078949

That I cant deny, though in terms of girls he ultimately got more than his brother who just kept going back and forth between the same two girls
>>
>>78077883
wuuut? Why? Gross
>>
>>78078080
So we can throw out Korrasami right? which would improve the story alone, throw out Makorra aswell for good measure.
>>
>>78078609
I think you should add something about Korra willingly fusing with Vaatu to get the balance thing right this time. Could also make for interesting conflicts for Korra at times where Vaatu might be more likely to help her than Raava.
>>
>>78076875

Not even the original series is that good.
>>
>>78077194
Hahahah that picture is so true
>>
>>78077350
>korra actually had a good pair of tits
Ftfy
>>
File: 1449361727049.png (399 KB, 622x751) Image search: [Google]
1449361727049.png
399 KB, 622x751
>>78079193
Can we include a superior ship?
>>
Season 1 - 8/10
Season 2 - 7/10
Season 3 - 9/10
Season 4 - 8/10

Overall 8/10
>>
>>78079506
That's a interesting idea actually. It also ends up being a weird parallel where Unalaq was kind of right about everything, he was just doing it wrong.
>>
>>78079947
I hope so, it is a rewrite so we could probably go with the only ship that made sense.
>>
S1 - 10/10
S2 - 10/10
S3 - 10/10
S4 - 10/10
Overall 3.7/10 piece of shit not worth the time
>>
>>78079962
Nigga is 7 your lowest possible score or do you just have shit taste and low standards
>>
>>78079506
It could also be something to explore in season 3. I kind of stopped because I was stumped on what to do with a longer season 3 without making it worse. Would probably include stuff to flesh out spirits.
>>
>>78080101
Maybe he likes enjoying things instead of nitpicking
>>
>>78080101

I guess I have shit taste and low standards. After all, the senpais of /co/ knows best.
>>
File: BolinxKorra.jpg (71 KB, 828x966) Image search: [Google]
BolinxKorra.jpg
71 KB, 828x966
>>78080064
The're just so cute together. I wanna see them hang out and do couple stuff.
>>
>>78076875
I give it a 7/10.

But, you're in the right ballpark.

It went like this

>/co/ liked korra for the most part even though the end of S1 was weak
>/co/ liked korra despite S2 being an abortion because Wan was the saving grace
>/co/ loved korra because S3 contested ATLA S2 for best season
>/co/ liked korra because S4 was safe, but functional
>history revisionist kept pushing one opinion until people stopped discussing korra save for the revisionist
>revisionists talking to revisionist set the tone.

Truth:
>though Korra isn't as breathtaking as ATLA it still happens to be an entertaining and solid program.
>>
I'm the only one who hated Season 3? At least season 2 had wan, season 3 was so dull and mediocre
>>
File: Unalaq_becomes_the_Dark_Avatar.png (121 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
Unalaq_becomes_the_Dark_Avatar.png
121 KB, 444x250
Who else thought the dark avatar was an awesome idea?
>>
>>78080166
>>78080202
Maybe youre both just cunts
>>
>>78080320
Nah nigga.

Sadgirl Korra best Korra
>>
>>78080283
People didn't start shitting all over it as much as they do now up until it ended. People where really liking season 4 up until the giant mecha got rolled out.
>>
>>78080323
It was a pretty stupid and cliche idea desu senpai
>>
>>78080369
Is my memory bad? I thought Korra didn't really show her ptsd until season 4.
>>
>>78080283
>/co/ completely agreed on season opinions
Please son there were people bitching and ass licking every season in their respective threads straight up til the end. People who dislike S2 can't even use Wan to back it up since absolutely nothing came out of that flashback aside from some bad worldbuilding.
And people disliked 3 because outside of the villians the cast was flat. Also Lin's sister is a hypercunt and the mass air-bending stuff's problems were overshadowed by Zaheer.
>>
>>78080406
By the end, she was seriously fucked up, but it was mostly shown in season 4
>>
>>78078609
>>78078603
>>78078588
>>78078577
>>78078550
>>78078521
Nice.
The only think I would suggest was mentiont earlier with the absorbation of Vaatu in Korra. Everything else looks better then the original. Would watch.
>>
What were some of the dumbest fan theories?

"Aang is Amon" was pretty damn stupid imo
>>
>>78079947
They looked like they would work from the outside, but I think Korra's aggressive behavior would have just whipped Bolin or change him into a miserable man.
>>
>>78078521
>Preferably have him trade his face to Koh in exchange for it.

Everything else you said makes sense generally, but this suggestion is GOAT Tbh fampai.
>>
>>78081105
Well, I can't claim the idea. It was a popular theory back during season 1. Also I added this
>>78079506 to it.
>>
File: amonjudgingyou.gif (499 KB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
amonjudgingyou.gif
499 KB, 500x226
>>78079947
>>78080064
>>78080219

this should have been the endgame OTP. they actually had good chemistry as characters.

plus the goofy guy getting the girl is refreshing to see.

>>78080323

it could have been cool...had it not been written like that.

>>78080623

honestly the waterbender twist isn't as bad as this shit. like how the fuck could Amon be Aang, it wouldn't make sense since Korra couldn't exist with Aang being alive in the first place.
>>
>>78080283
S4 was good till Kuvira was revealed to be a girl with mommy issues that's taking out her rage on the city with a giant mech.

So much promise, devolved into something so fucking retarded.
>>
>>78081508
>tfw amon was a fraud all along and wasn't a disciple of le face stealing centipede like i wanted
>>
>>78080283
Everyone seemed to agree that the stupid parts of each season were stupid during those seasons runtime. Nothing much changed after season 4 ended.
>>
File: bryke made it canon.jpg (39 KB, 796x536) Image search: [Google]
bryke made it canon.jpg
39 KB, 796x536
>>78081520

why doesn't Bryke get therapy?

seriously what the fuck did their parents do to them?

why can't characters be evil for the sake of it or what they truly believe in.
>>
>>78076875
>Having finally watched all of Korra I'd give it a 7.5/10 at best.
FTFY
>>
File: 1414522478666.png (892 KB, 1440x996) Image search: [Google]
1414522478666.png
892 KB, 1440x996
>>78078865
The second half of S2 was really great all around, despite it had the worst main villian of the whole series.
>>
>>78081775
I liked the idea of Unalaaq.
>>
>>78078521
>>78081105
>>78081237

It actually kind of upsets now, looking back, at how much wasted potential there was.

And I liked the show. But like, Amon being a bloodbender and the whole bender vs. non-bender conflict being washed away...
>>
I liked the series. I liked Korra. I even liked season 2. And none of you can stop me.
>>
>>78082158
i can call you a retard though
retard
>>
>>78076875
Mega archive please?
>>
>>78076875
Why is Korra such a submissive? When /co/ was getting hyped up over this show everyone wanted her to be Alpha.
>>
>>78081775
>>78081879
I thought Book 2 was a solid season with the glaring exception of the finale.
>>
>>78084731
The beginning where Korra is PMSing was pretty weird and to me didn't feel like her at all.
>>
>>78076875
6.5 out of 10, it was flawed by the same few mistakes that were never changed and that ending, not that i hated it but they could of done a better job.
>>
>>78077458
>6 KB

Nothing you pussy.
>>
>>78080323
It was an okay idea, but it was handled so fucking horribly.
I have no idea why they didn't just make it so that Unalaq could bend all the elements as well. If they could bullshit him and Korra turning into rave giants then they could've bullshitted that.
>>
>>78076875
Air: 3/10
Spirits: 1/10
Change: 5/10
Balance: 3/10

All in all, that'd net the entire series a 3/10, but that doesn't factor in shitting all over the world, characters and memory of AtLA. With that in mind it's a solid 0/10, and it's only that high because the scale doesn't go to negative numbers.
>>
>>78086008
For me
Air : 6
Spirits : 1
Change : 5
Balance : 2
=3.5
>>
>>78077883

this site man
>>
>>78078838
there wasn't much butthurt. Just people discussing if it did happen or not, and if there was buildup or not. Most people agree that there was no buildup at all. A minority thinks it didn't even happened yet. And then there are the retardeds that think it was always there and there was buildup since S03.
>>
>>78086008
Change was a lot better than Water.
>>
>>78081775
>The second half of S2 was really great all around
- i know! let's go to the spirit world for no reason!
- oh, we got captured.. who knew, right? well, let me open the portal and condemn the planet
- damn.. i just lost to an avatar with 1 bending and no past lives
- giant for no reason!
- Jinora, help me!
- you know what? i'll let the portals open. Spirits will probably threaten mankind, but fuck it.
>>
>>78084731
Only if you ignore Unalaq didn't have any reason to attack the south.
>>
>>78086334
I suppose opinions are like assholes: everyone's got one and yours stinks.
>>
File: 1407470431784.jpg (76 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1407470431784.jpg
76 KB, 640x640
>>78087011
How about this one: the Red Lotus was on par with Azula's gang, although it's hard to judge them against each other because of the differences in characterization and goals.
>>
>>78087141
The Red Lotus seemed very promising when they were introduced, but with the exception of Zaheer, nothing was ever done to flesh them out as characters. For all intents and purposes, the other three were nameless mooks until their deaths.
>>
>>78078521
>have Amon not be a bender,
I could eventually see him been a bender if he adamantly refuse to bend under any condition, even to save his live.
>>
File: 1448407798405.gif (162 KB, 540x705) Image search: [Google]
1448407798405.gif
162 KB, 540x705
Good screenshots of S4 Korra please? Or a decent res of her S4 character sheet if it's out there?

Season 4 Korra is most attractive Korra.
>>
File: 1409170201009.png (908 KB, 1280x725) Image search: [Google]
1409170201009.png
908 KB, 1280x725
>>78088188
As bad as season 2 was it did bring us the most attractive Korra, both with her hair tails and sex hair. Book 4 Korra got nothing on that.
>>
>>78087713
There's a pic with the anarchy gang when they were young (can't find it right now) that really made me wish there was more about their backstory in the series. At least they got some rockstar-worthy deaths.

>inb4 they appear in the comics
>>
File: LoKGC08.jpg (193 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
LoKGC08.jpg
193 KB, 1200x1800
>>78088258
Short hair Korra is pure boners in my book.
>>
File: 1418137948185.gif (1 MB, 481x595) Image search: [Google]
1418137948185.gif
1 MB, 481x595
>>78088258
>Book 4 Korra got nothing on that.
>>
>>78088308
All Korras are hot. But i vastly prefer her less dyke look.
>>
>>78088327
So you agree? Because she isn't looking better than Book 2 in that pic. Hell her rack got reduced in Book 4 aswell.
>>
File: LoKGC26.jpg (237 KB, 1200x1714) Image search: [Google]
LoKGC26.jpg
237 KB, 1200x1714
>>78088328
And I vastly prefer short hair Korra. Also I like her Earth Kingdom top.
>>
>>78088308
>>78088391

These are pretty darn good, who made these?
>>
File: 1412538127863.jpg (273 KB, 1280x1633) Image search: [Google]
1412538127863.jpg
273 KB, 1280x1633
>>78088391
Her outfit i pretty good i'll agree. Would be even better imo if she had some long sleeved gloves aswell.
>>
I agree OP.

I's give the original Avatar 5/10 but that's because the writers had no balls. You give them balls and they still can't write well. Aang and Zuko were shit characters, Pacing was done by a retard on crack, Katara had no arch, every progressive"plot" was actually sexist and the series ended with a miserable lack of potential.
>>
File: Exbendables08.jpg (299 KB, 1280x983) Image search: [Google]
Exbendables08.jpg
299 KB, 1280x983
>>78088277
I got that one too.
>>
File: LoKGC00.png (1 MB, 1920x2880) Image search: [Google]
LoKGC00.png
1 MB, 1920x2880
>>78088457
Polyle.
>>
>>78088521
I respect you
>>
File: 1413558558385.png (3 MB, 1910x1074) Image search: [Google]
1413558558385.png
3 MB, 1910x1074
>>78088511
Weird posted the wrong pic
>>
>>78088562

Ah, never mind then. He only did a couple decent panels anyways.
>>
>>78088612
More than a couple.
>>
>>78078926
I've only recently started looking into Avatar/Korra threads, how did everyone like Wu? I thought he was hilarious, I liked him as a mincing prima dona and I thought it was cute how it turned out his personality actually made him a reasonably charismatic and influential leader when he had an opportunity.
>>
>>78088546
I think it was revealed that water-bender girl was born without arms, but I like this picture a lot and they look so happy and fun here. Do they actually appear in the comics though? I've only read The Promise and The Search.
>>
>>78089677
>Do they actually appear in the comics though? I've only read The Promise and The Search.

No. Where the comics are right now, they likely won't be born for another 40 years.
>>
>>78089747
*30 years
>>
>>78089507
I started out hating him, but he grew on me with time. By the end of it I was shipping him with Mako because of the way Wu acts towards him and I think the way their personalities contrast is cute.
>>
>>78089677
Yeah, I heard about the arms thing too. Still a cute picture.
>>
File: adopted.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
adopted.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
Help me /co/, I had a terrible dream.

I dreamed that they made a sequel to Avatar the Last Airbender, with an aggressive hothead as the MC.

She never learned, she spent the vast majority of the first two seasons chasing a guy's dick, and had to get her ass bailed out constantly.

She fought against a gallery of half baked villains who started out promising but would inevitably descend into Looney Toons tier evil. Her mentor would usually state in dialogue that she grew at the end of the season but there would be nothing to actually support that statement.

Finally, they ended it by saying two characters were gay, but they didn't even fucking kiss.

It was the worst thing ever. Thank god it was just a dream, right? The Azula mini-series is airing tomorrow, right?
>>
The one thing I hated most about Korra is how they tried to explain everything about the mythology, they sucked the magic and mystery right out of it.

Then, they can't even put an interesting spin on it. The Avatar Cycle is literally started when two tapeworm gods were fighting each other and the good tapeworm god decided to merge with a human because it got its ass kicked by tapeworm Satan. There's not even a yin/yang aspect that would allow for actual multifaceted development for these tapeworm gods, its just a standard western God is Good/Satan is Evil dynamic.

They also turned the spirit world into Candyland instead of the strange, foreboding place it was in the original series.

Fucking yawn.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.