[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Damn It Fox!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 640x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 640x413
>Fant4astc crashed harder than any superhero movie ever and we're still measuring the diameter of the impact crater.
>Deadpool comes out the same week as Zoolander 2, giving audiences a different choice for silly comedy and at a lower rating.
>X-Men:Apocalypse opens the same week as the Alice in Wonderland sequel and the first movie made a lot of cash.
>TMNT2 comes out the week after X-Men: Apocalypse and looks fun enough that it could immediately wreck X-Men's box office take.
Coupled with the comics being what they are and have been, being an X-Men fan is true suffering. How fucked are Fox's superhero properties next year? Where do they go from here if it's truly as bad as it could be? Another (this time full) reboot cycle? They're not going to cut a deal with Marvel, so don't give me that bullshit.
>>
>>78075284
>TMNT2
>wrecking anything
>>
>>78075284
>being a fan of [anything from the big 2] is true suffering.
Good
>>
>>78075284
Zoolander 2 comes out the same week as Deadpool? Shit, DP is dead in the water.
>>
File: 1.jpg (106 KB, 723x960) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
106 KB, 723x960
Civil war comes out a week before x-men

If x-men is fucked, so is civil partnership: Bucky wars
>>
Speaking of which, where is the Apocalypse trailer?
>>
>>78075562
>Speaking of which, where is the Apocalypse trailer?
Tomorrow apparently.
>>
>>78075571
Nice.
>>
>>78075401
The first one did pretty solid numbers. Not Transformers, but certainly capable of growing. It is a big problem to schedule two movies with similar audience bases so close together; one of them, maybe both, is going to suffer as a result. Which one is harder to call.

>>78075284
> Zoolander 2

Again it's hard to call. The first one didn't do that well because it's fucking terrible, but it's had 15 years of cult movie status. I think you're right about the rating tho - R movies typically make at most half what they could have made at a lower rating. It's probably death for the character.

> Alice in Wonderland

Yeah, that one's going to just destroy it. The first made over a billion, most X-Men movies struggle to make $400m. The batting average is still way lower even with DoFP.

>How fucked are Fox's superhero properties next year?

More than you might think. Jackman is gone; he's been a driving force in getting more movies made (he put up a lot of the money). JLaw is gone; she's been a driving force in getting the last one to make money because she's super huge right now. The old cast are all gone: that's probably going to take a huge chunk out of the gross because people will feel the story is done for them and it's time to move on.

It's pretty telling that they've announced some X-Men tv shows. Tends to suggest they realise there's not much chance of rebooting successfully (they'll be looking at what happened to Spider-Man as much as what happened to Fantastic Four), but, of course, they only need to make something with the live-action rights they hold to hang onto them - it doesn't need to be a movie, and DC has had pretty good success with the 8 superhero shows it had out this year.
>>
>>78075284
>Deadpool comes out the same week as Zoolander 2,
Shit what? Damn
>>
>>78075529
Civil War will have been out for 2 weeks at that point. It's a non-factor
>>
File: PsylockeMunn.jpg (739 KB, 642x1287) Image search: [Google]
PsylockeMunn.jpg
739 KB, 642x1287
At least Fox has the mother fucking Balls to have a sexualized asian Ninja and a naked Blue Jennifer Lawrence in their films unlike those pro sjw conward faggot fucks
>>
>>78075665
It could be worse for FOX if Civil War critically acclaimed. I mean if it goes the AoU route. No doubt.

Though everyone is already figuring there's a lot of heart in this baby.
>>
>>78075284
Ivan Ooze is back?
>>
>>78075501
Eh, Zoolander will be PG-13 and have no violence. I think they're different crowds.
>>
>>78075729
He was always in your heart, Anon.
>>
>>78075729
He's taking another quack at it, yeah.
>>
>>78075501

Zoolander 2 is going to flop. The first one did terribly in the theatres and cult cred doesn’t bring in actual box-office money.
>>
>>78075687
she ain't even asian
>>
Oh fuck I didn't know CW's trailer is out
>>
>>78075284
>Alice in Wonderland sequel
Just why?
>>
>>78075811
>>78075811

Her mum is Chinese.
>>
>>78075795
everyone I know who likes Zoolander also refuses to watch it again because it's one of those movies that has a fair amount of good jokes but four times as many bad jokes
>>
>>78075284
>Being a fan of this comic-book team is suffering because their film might not maximize profit for the studio making it

I think this is evidence that we are becoming /tv/ now.

I mean, I'm not even one of those autists who thinks that comic-book adaptations don't count as /co/ topics. They obviously do.

But when we're getting this fucking invested in them, and when people are having all-out flame wars over whether a DC film or Marvel film will be better (Fucking Dawn v. War: Uncivil Shitposting dick-waving contests), I think it's time to take a look at the mirror and find out where our lives went wrong.
>>
>>78075865

First one made money and Depp's recent works haven't been doing so great.

Daddy needs his $$$.

>>78075875

I love the first Zoolander and the trailer for the sequel has me worried. I don't need a structured plot when the first one's story was so messy and nonsensical it was part of the joke.
>>
>>78075883
THIS
Being a X-fan is suffering because of bad books with awful art, because Marvel did an ethnic cleasing + mass sterilization and they killed the greatest character off-panel. A true X-fan couldn't care less about the money Fox makes, to hell with them! In fact, I hope the franchise dies so it can go back to Marvel and they'll stop trying to replace it with Inhumans
>>
>>78075869
but the whole point of the change was taking her from a british sow and making her into a full blooded japanese goddess
>>
>>78075637
Alice in Wonderland made $334 million in the US on a $200 million dollar budget, the rest was foreign. In comparison, for the same budget DoFP made $234 million domestic and $514 million foreign.
>>
>>78075883
Wisdom
>>
>>78075795
The problem is that someone clearly thought it wouldn't flop, and it's coming out that weekend. Even if it only made $50m in the whole run it would still make the bulk of that the first weekend and the rest the following week. That's $50m that doesn't go to Deadpool because it's aiming at the same zany humor crowd. If the only other things opening that weekend were chick flicks and Disney movies, it would be slightly better.

>>78075772
Oh, you think? Good for you. You know why movies with a similar audience base often release on the same day instead of splitting up? Because people who have actually sat down and studied the stats of movie audiences know that you can get more butts on seats on a weekend people were already going to go out. The other theater is full? They'll come to yours because it's the most like what they wanted. The other movie got bad word of mouth? They're your bitches now. There's more titties in your trailer and less nausea-inducing special effects? Guess who. They just feel like a comedy would cap the night off better than an action movie? Suck a dillio.

>>78075865
Because there was a sequel book?

>>78075869
She's Hoa, not Chinese.
>>
>>78075982
Since none of those profits paid tax in the US and the more overseas "tax" is "paid" the more of the US tax burden can be written off against it, it's not really relevant.
>>
>>78075956
>but the whole point of the change was taking her from a british sow and making her into a full blooded japanese goddess
They aren't doing the body swap thing that would be far far too insensitive, and she is asian, that is good enough for mass audiences.
>>
>>78075687
>unlike those pro sjw conward faggot fucks
You realise Brian Singer is a flaming homo that hires young male leads based off of how well they can take it up the butt?

That's pretty faggy, family.
>>
>>78076000

M8 Deadpool is going to do just fine. R-rated comedy films make huge bucks all the time now. Spy made something like $250 Million dollars just his year, and that didn't have a comic-book name attached to it.
>>
>>78076088
That doesn't look like a male to me.
>>
>>78076000
Munn is definitely a Hoa.
>>
>>78075687
Still can't believe they went with swimsuit.
Still can't believe Psylockefags are bitching about it because "swimsuit sucks".
>>
File: 1.jpg (159 KB, 1296x774) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
159 KB, 1296x774
You do realize civil war is fucked too right?

The only two movies that open with no competition are batman v superman and suicide squad
>>
It's going to be a great movie and that's all I care about.
>>
>>78076088
There is difference between being gay and being a faggot. For example. Brian Singer is gay, while you are a retarded faggot.
>>
>>78076169
That's because DC knows not to cram all their shit in the herd of summer.

Even if the last release date of May 2016 was retarded.
>>
>>78076188
Brian Singer is not gay, just a pedophile.
>>
>Alice sequel
Nothing is sacred anymore.
>>
>>78075284
>X-Men:Apocalypse opens the same week as the Alice in Wonderland sequel and the first movie made a lot of cash.

I know you needed a whole list of bullshit to make it look like you had a point but in what way is there any fucking crossover between the audiences of these movies?
>>
>>78076156
They're bitching because she's fat actually, shill.
>>
>>78076353
Your granpda is a pedophile.
>>
>>78075459
Cartoon fan please.
>>
>>78076385
Nerd bitches will be dragging their chad boyfriends to it and not three old white muties.
>>
>>78076373
There was a sequel to the original book.
>>
>>78075501
>thinking normies would rather watch Poolander 2 rather than Memepool
>>
>>78076373
You know there were 2 Alice books, right? Through the Looking Glass was the sequel to Adventures in Wonderland.
>>
>>78076482
>>78076524
Isn't the Disney movie already about the sequel and the original animation about the original book?
>>
>>78075929
No

I dont want the x-men to be casualize but at the same time i dont want them to die.

I am conflicted
>>
>>78076406
I wish I was fat like her.
>>
>>78075284
>Alice in Wonderland sequel

Why is this a thing?
>>
>>78076542
The Disney movie is a weird almagamation of the 2.
>>
>>78076451
>nerd bitches
>having chad boyfriends
/r9k/ pls
>>
>>78076543
X-men won't die.
Numerous movies, projects. Comics are obsolete anyway, so for me, it's finally good to be an x-fag.
Marvel can choke with their shithumans
>>
>>78076577
So, how does a sequel to that even work?
>>
>>78075883
>I think it's time to take a look at the mirror and find out where our lives went wrong.
/co/ is teeming with self-hating, clinically depressed nerds. I think we all already know where our lives got ruined but don't care anymore.
>>
>>78075883
In case you didn't notice, I said the comics (have for years, if not decades) sucked too. Basically every X-Men media outlet, from comics to shows to movies completely sucks right now. As an X-Men fan, I'd like something good somewhere. So take your >>>/tv/ and fuck off.

>>78075982
That's still a near 50% higher take in both domestic and foreign. Going head-to-head with that when it can pull in people who want a special effects heavy family-oriented summer popcorn film and TMNT2 the week after for comicbook action/comedy is really bad. And it gets worse, since Warcraft is the week after that and Finding Dory is the week after that. That's a lot of potential gross they're leaving on the table.

WB did a great job scheduling. BvS is early and there's nothing to challenge it for 3 or 4 weeks at least. Suicide Squad is at the end of summer and has even more breathing room. Civil War is a little early and has a good 2 to 3 week breathing room. And Dr. Strange is in the fall and has a 2 to 3 week window until the next Harry Potter universe movie. Fox's scheduling just sucks.

>>78076169
They're positioned so well in the schedule. DC/WB were really, really smart to move it out from where Civil War was.
>>
>>78076676
Because it's not a sequel to the Disney movie, it's a sequel to that Tim Burton shit from a few years back.
>>
>>78076732
No, he means the first Burton movie
>>
>>78076732
That's from Disney too, anon.
>>
>>78076169
>>78076719
Fuck, Disney is cocksure (rightfully) in their brand they'll literally stick their dick in the viper's nest that is the Summer movie rush, while WB/DC picks it's battles at a perfect time: right after Star Wars and before Civil War.
>>
>>78075729
I was thinking the exact same thing, anon.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.