[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
to watch or not to watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (64 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
64 KB, 720x1080
to watch or not to watch?
>>
>>78067588
that is the question
>>
Do whatever you want. Be your own person.

I'm not your dad.
>>
>>78067588
Watch it, it's pretty good.
>>78067657
Man, who put the paprika in your vagisil
>>
>>78067588
Watch it, it's more sweet than the ennui we expect but a solid effort. The main focus is on Charlie Brown and why he still endures to this day. The Flying Ace segments provide some adventure and run a bit too long but everyone gets their shine. The ending nearly had me in tears but I'm a softy for the kind of ending that was given.
>>
Its pretty much a great representation of the old classic perfectly

But just remember that peanuts in general was originally for kids and still is
>>
>>78068244
Peanuts has always been for all ages. Charlie, Lucy, Patty are around 8-10 but deal with character flaws and loss like teens; Snoopy is a dog but deals with depression and hyper imagination like a kid. It resonates no matter how old you are, or at least clearly did when the strips were new.
>>
I saw this in 3D. I grew up with Peanuts in the mid/late 1970's and I found that they kept the characters pretty much the same and, surprisingly, the voices as well. Snoopy saying "Shhhh..." was particularly funny.
>>
>>78068770
Umberto Eco loves it, he wrote a big article for the New York Review of Books or maybe the Paris review? Lots of intellectuals over the years have publicly expressed respect for comic strips (and, latterly, comic books/GN's).

I'll give it a watch....
>>
I took the wife and kids to see it and we all loved it.
>>
>>78067588
Watch, it's the best animated Peanuts has ever been.
>>
>>78071225
Post pics of your kids.
>>
I haven't seen a movie that respects the original source material in a long time so peanuts was fucking excellent.

Fuck everyone who thinks making the characters so grotesquely detailed that they look like peter lorre is a good way to make a 3D animated movie.
>>
is it safe ta assume that all the shitty pop songs in the trailer aren't actually in the movie?
>>
>>78075207
The song you're probably referring to appears in one sequence, and then again at the end credits. The rest is either classic Peanuts jazz tracks or orchestrated.
>>
It's a good movie. Torrent when?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.