[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: Power of Shazam.jpg (451 KB, 1272x1920) Image search: [Google]
Power of Shazam.jpg
451 KB, 1272x1920
Why are these two not more friendly with each other? They are so similar it seems like common sense that they would crossover all the time yet they barely ever talk. I would expect Diana to be like a big sister.

Does anyone have pages of them hanging out?
>>
File: faget.gif (74 KB, 328x335) Image search: [Google]
faget.gif
74 KB, 328x335
>>78065514
>>
>>78067138
JUST
>>
>>78065514
Nope. No one at DC is clever enough to pair them up in any respect.

Only time I could really remember was them fighting it out in War of the Gods.
>>
File: wonderwomancaptainmarvel.jpg (417 KB, 1260x928) Image search: [Google]
wonderwomancaptainmarvel.jpg
417 KB, 1260x928
>>78067138
I was bored so decided to try something else. D-Did I do alright, /co/?
>>
>>78065514
>Why are these two not more friendly with each other?

Because most iconic DC friendships were built by one character having his book get cancelled and the character just moving on by forcefully teaming up with another existing title, see Green Lantern/Green Arrow, Hawkman and Atom, etc. Plus there's little interest to have the two do anything together as "omg they share something similar, they should totally be bffs" is lazy writing if that's your entire direction to pursue with them. How would they interact organically in each other's books as supporting characters, what place does Billy have on Themyscira or Wonder Woman on Fawcett City? Why would they need to regularly team up, would they just always fight Greek related baddies?
>>
>>78069226
They are both on the Justice League currently and have been for the past three or so years. They should be friends at least. I'm not a writer, im requesting a good writer get assigned on the project.
>>
>>78069074
he's a bit young, dont you think?
>>
>>78069288
>They should be friends at least

Then why doesn't Diana hang out with the Flash and Cyborg on a regular basis, or why Aquaman isn't friends with Batman? Being on the league doesn't make you necessarily close personal friends, just tightly knit work buddies/comrades in arms.
>>
>>78069787
Its my opinion, not sure why you're trying to refute a thing I like as if you saying this will make me not want it anymore.
>>
>>78069787
Because WW and CM have a lot in common as well as being on the same team. Use your brain.
>>
I can see the /ss/ already.
>>
You would think their stories would overlap a bit more in the first place. When Billy is the champion of the same gods that Diana serves and knows on a personal basis.
>>
>>78070580

Why would there be any overlap unless the Gods are being dicks or Billy's out of line?
>>
File: milfantis.png (1 MB, 883x614) Image search: [Google]
milfantis.png
1 MB, 883x614
>>78070069
My fantasy pairing
>>
>>78070735
Why not? It practically writes itself.
>>
File: finish her.jpg (685 KB, 1260x928) Image search: [Google]
finish her.jpg
685 KB, 1260x928
>>78069074
you missed one thing, should of been obvious.
>>
>>78070775

It's like putting two black characters together because they're both black.
>>
>>78070934
A skin color is reflective of nothing, people with common interests, goals, origins, and areas of experience tend to befriend each other. Moron.
>>
>>78070934
No, it isn't. It's like putting two characters whose entire backgrounds revolve around the same mythology. Plus Wonder Woman and Superman works, you can't give one real reason why it wouldn't work.
>>
>>78069954
>WW and CM have a lot in common
As do Bruce and Green Arrow, and many superheroes by many measures, that's not how friendship works though.
>>
>>78070971
>Plus Wonder Woman and Superman works

Not according to /co/.
>>
>>78070971
>Plus Wonder Woman and Superman work
Not really.
>>
>>78070987
Depends on what week it is.

>>78070993
This fucking guy.
>>
>>78070891
It's like you were blessed with a bit of the wisdom of Solomon yourself, anon.
Nice save.
>>
>>78070983
Give a single worthwhile argument on why Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel wouldn't get along or make good stories.
>>
>>78070771
Moar?
>>
>>78071029
>argument
Do you not know how logic works? You haven't given a reason why they should outside of some matching socks theory. The onus is on you to prove what you're going on about.

Go pull a punch of panels to illustrate how their personality and opinions match and maybe I'll humor you.
>>
>>78071064
Still waiting. I've done more than you have. You're just bitching for the sake of bitching.
>>
>>78071082
>I've done more than you have.
You'd done more than nothing by doing nothing?
Logic incompetence confirmed.

Feel free to wait all day, I doubt it's possible for someone with worthless occupations to waste time.
>>
File: wisdomofsolomon.jpg (921 KB, 1940x1444) Image search: [Google]
wisdomofsolomon.jpg
921 KB, 1940x1444
>>78070891
Way to go, son
>>
>>78070983
Batman and Green Arrow are friends
>>
>>78071064
You'll "humor" him? Fucking christ, do you have any idea how retarded you sound acting smug and arrogant over something so petty and meaningless? its a fan pairing and you're treating it like a scientific report. You cant provide evidence and factual arguments for opinions, if you dont like it then fine but you're being argumentative over literally nothing when no one's mind will be changed. You're acting like your approval over the situation means something and it doesn't.
>>
>>78071275

Friends who just about never interact in any way. So about as much friends as Diana and Billy.
>>
>>78071372
No you're factually wrong, they have several team up specials.
>>
>>78071384

Team ups don't necessitate friendship. Acquittance, sure. But not proper friendship that would lead to regular crossover that we're talking here. And Batman's kinda bad example because he literally teams up with everyone.
>>
>>78071468
Maybe you should read them if you want to have such an in depth argument
>>
>>78071128
top kek you're so fucking retarded
>>
>>78071150
context?
>>
>>78071314
>You're acting like your approval over the situation means something
Considering OP's the one who literally asked for just that, repeatedly? Well, you can get as flustered as you like over me simply opinionating on the rationale of his opinion. Next time I'll get clearance from you on I guess.
>>
>>78071150
I've never really understood the wisdom of Solomon, it's far too vague.
Does Billy just know everything he needs to know when he needs to know it?
>>
>>78071711
Wisdom of , anon, not knowledge of.
He knows what's best from what he knows of something.
>>
>>78071742
Yeah but he just knows all this really random information that it wouldn't make sense for a child to know and then he just goes, 'good ol wisdom of solomon!'
Like why does he know that about Amazonian mating traditions?
That's clearly knowledge, not wisdom, therefore the wisdom of Solomon gives him knowledge somehow.
That or it gave him the foresight to study Amazonian mating traditions beforehand which makes even less sense.

I love Captain Marvel I just don't understand this one aspect of his abilities
>>
>>78071775
>That or it gave him the foresight to study Amazonian mating traditions beforehand which makes even less sense.
Does it? Does there exist a man who does not wish to know how to bed an amazon? Show me them and I will show you a robot in disguise.
>>
>>78071635
>Considering OP's the one who literally asked for just that, repeatedly?
Where?
>>
>>78071775
>>78071841
Also honestly it looks like Solomon just tipped him off earlier on there.
>>
>>78071775

he can assume, based on what he knows of the mythology surrounding the Amazons, which he'd almost definitely know considering he's 5/6 powered by Greeks, that they would keep what they beat.

that's why he says that he hopes it works, rather than saying that he knows it will.
>>
>>78071877
That's a fine explanation.
The problem is that in other Cap comics I've seen him do basically the same shit, ie have some information and attribute that knowledge to the wisdom of Solomon, but I don't actually have a page saved for proof and I'm not going to look for one.
>>
>>78071635
it doesn't say that in op anywhere
>>
>>78071853
OP asked for confirmation for his views, or a rebuttal against it for some reason.
His view he is entitled to and I have at no point refused him the right of, I refuted it requiring an argument based on conjecture. So I asked for further grounds if he earnestly wished to discuss the matter.

Then another anon show up out of nowhere and tells me I'm not allowed to have an opinion on OP's opinion. Yet the fault is on me. Because they say so.

>>78071949
Follow the chain of posts
>Diana and Billy should be friends, they're similar.
>I don't think that's how that works OP. This isn't a game of Concentration
>Give me an argument anon
>?
>You're just bitching anon.
>?? Very well, how about a point to argue against OP?
>Still nothing, anon?
>Was I suppose to acquire "something" from nothing?

>No anon, stop bullying OP! Who do you think you are?
>???

It's funny I've been demanded to do the bulk of explaining so far, while no one seems to have any explanation for what they're convinced of.
>>
>>78072035
>OP asked for confirmation for his views, or a rebuttal against it for some reason.
No, he literally asked:

>Why are these two not more friendly with each other?

And

>Does anyone have pages of them hanging out?
>>
>>78072035
No what's funny is someone made a passive thread and an autist comes along and fucks it. This board always amazes me.
>>
>>78072035
>thinking that was the OP

I wasn't the OP.
>>
>>78072043
No he literally said
>>78071029
>Give a single worthwhile argument on why Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel wouldn't get along or make good stories.
>>
>>78072063
No, that was me who said that.
>>
>>78072067
Well I'm glad you cleared that up anonymous.
Were you any other anonymous in this anonymous thread?
>>
>>78072035
Asking a figurative question like most likely serves the purpose of drawing in like minded people who agree with you, not literally asking in hopes that you can have an argument over it with someone who takes it way too seriously for no reason dead set on changing your mind when that was never the point. Anyone with half a brain can come to the logical conclusion there's just no demand for it and that's why. This is a basic social cue that most people would pick up on passively, if that seriously flew over your head you're retarded. And if you understand that but just want to argue you're also retarded and the kind of person no one likes with minor autistic tendencies.
>>
>>78071635
Why only reply to the final sentence when thats not all I said or where the sentiment lies?
>>
>>78072074
No, I was just the one who was calling you out on your bullshit. Not the OP or you or anyone else. So, I'm still waiting for you to make any kind of point here, seeing as that's now two you've attempted to make gone wrong: that WW and CM wouldn't make good stories and that I am the OP.
>>
>>78072078
>an argument
This was never an argument. I haven't at one instance tried to change anyone's mind on Diana and Billy's camaraderie, I've requested where thoughts on the matter stem from. You assumed I was being argumentative, and are being intentionally argumentative to further that, yet you're still going on about a lack of reading social cues.

>>78072094
>that WW and CM wouldn't make good stories
Where exactly did I say they couldn't? I asked where the belief they should be is from.

>>78072088
The rest of your post was a baseless rant on your assumptions on my person and post. No point clearing up if you're convinced already, that last part however was erroneous given demands being made for me to justify my views.

Argument, disapproval, attempted to make wrong. Where are these objective statements coming from?
>>
>>78072137
>Where exactly did I say they couldn't? I asked where the belief they should be is from.
And you got your answer, was asked for a rebuttal, and became a dipshit.
>>
>>78072146
>And you got your answer
The answer was a request for an argument against an opinion. With no initial or further clarification. Or any amount of clarity.

This other one
>>78071275
>>78071372
>>78071384
>>78071468
>>78071482
Was just as lacking in clarity, and again ends with someone somehow convinced a request for clarity is an attempt at an argument or an actual argument.
>>
>>78065514
She was raised as the only child of an island of sociopathic murderously misandrist bondage happy lesbian rapists.
They also hate all of the gods save for the ones without a kickstand.
Shazam is a little boy, something they butcher with much relish, a man, something they rape then butcher happily, and empowered by gods they hate.
WW should want to kill Shazam on sight.
>>
>>78072176
None of those were me. The answer I gave was that they are two characters whose entire backgrounds revolve around the same mythology. Then I asked for a reason they wouldn't get along or make good stories. Since then you have done nothing but make a retard of yourself in attempt to derail the thread and avoid the question. You are really just bitching to bitch.
>>
>>78072191
Pre new 52 untrue, and the entire point of New 52 Wonder Woman is she is trying to show the amazons why they're wrong.
>>
>>78072273
The only thing different about the pre new 52 version of WW is that they don't rape men, they just butcher them if they wash up on their shores or when they decide to go kill some time and people in "man's world".

WW's background makes her knowing any male or even acting like anything that can be considered a normal human female when it comes to interacting with the other half of the human race retarded bullshit.
>>
>>78072406
This is simply untrue, my friend. I was reading Wonder Woman a few months ago and unlike New 52 they coexisted with men without murdering them all.
>>
>>78072406

Diana is love and mercy incarnate man.
>>
>>78072458
Oh really?
Which short run are you talking about?
Because it's pretty much something that they keep going back to in the comics.
Kill all dick havers, they am evil is basically the amazon people's status quo.
I reiterate.
With that characters societal background and parentage..well lack of parentage, her interactions with any and all men should be completely fucked up and weird.
Like, men would go out of their way to not be in the same room with her cause bitch is both crazy strong crazy violent and don't like men.
Should creep women out too.
>>
>>78072508
In Gail Simone's run they have their own "male amazons" and they are mostly friendly. The way it works is Wonder Woman goes to the rest of the world, comes back, and tells the amazons that they shouldn't be afraid of men. The ones who were extremely sexist were the villains.
>>
>>78072460
Saying she's love is like saying you can fly but never once actually floating in the air.
Anyone can do it and say it, fucking starfire is love, WW is that crazy bitch who straps on the slaughter gear and goes to town on anything that looks like it wants to fight.
As for mercy?
LOL
She's the resident warhawk and neck snapper. This has been her role on the team in every fucking incarnation of the JLA for generation. It's her role in every animated version of the Justice League since the Timmiverse version.
Hell the chick that was actually the warhawk, hawkgirl, was more merciful and loving then her.
Dude, stop it.

>>78072588
That's nice and all...but...her run was considered a failure and was completely ignored. You see, the mere fact that they keep coming up with new ways to say "being sexist violent bondage happy butcherers of the male half of the human race isn't cool sis's maybe we should stop and learn to deal with men" actually does more for my position then it does yours.
>>
>>78068103
I remember in some elseworld Shazzam becomes some would be WW rapist because she choose superman over him.
>>
File: Spirit of Truth.jpg (2 MB, 2979x1991) Image search: [Google]
Spirit of Truth.jpg
2 MB, 2979x1991
>>78072639
I didnt know anyone actually bought into the neck meme. In the same post you talk of Gail Simone's WW reputation you somehow buy into Justice League cartoon's Wonder Woman being an accurate representation? This must be bait, I will simply leave you with a page I believe to be character defining of her. Not really interested in arguing about it to someone either stupid or contrarian. So agree or don't, whatever.
>>
>>78072737
Princess, I think you need to wake up and smell the roses.
The WW that you're trying to push with pictures like that has never existed.
Those representations of her in those cartoons and in the majority of modern comics IS HER PERSONALITY!
Tiny unknown stories and bullshit pictures like that do not inform the character. They only exist for people like you. To give you a form of the character that you will like, not one that actually exists.
>>
>>78070771
Sauce?
>>
>>78065514
>They are so similar

Their only similarities are that they get their powers from Gods and they're both really strong.

That's it.
>>
>>78071607
Billy is dreaming
>>
There's still yet to be a single person to give a reason why it wouldn't make good storytelling.
>>
Personally I think that you could create an interesting story which contrasts WW's ferocity with Billy's lightheartedness. They both serve and directly speak to the same gods as their champions, and it could be interesting to see them realize how they each serve a different role.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.