[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touche /co/, Touche...Maybe your heroes were right about their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: mabyekillingisnottheway.png (892 KB, 507x1356) Image search: [Google]
mabyekillingisnottheway.png
892 KB, 507x1356
Touche /co/, Touche...Maybe your heroes were right about their being another way.
>>
sometimes you gotta murder a dude
sometimes you need to punch him really hard until you've given him enough of a concussion that you can moralize at him a bit and then throw him in jail
>>
>>78061381
Killing all the bad guys, and their henchmen is not a heroic thing to do, it's actually needlessly and grossly sadistic.

At the same time, there are times where someone will need to die for the safety and well being of others, and well not doing what needs to be done isn't heroic either, it's a very half assed heroism that results in more deaths then need be.
>>
>killing people is childish
>but holding beliefs espoused by shitty comic books isn't
No wonder anime is garbage
>>
Plenty of criminals who went on to reform after going to prison instead of being killed. Not as many as you'd hope (you'd hope nobody would comitt crimes anyway) but if you need a reason to not kill everyone, there's a good one.
>>
>>78065547
Its still loads cheaper to murder and bury these folk rather than spend money feeding, clothing, and housing these people, alongside providing healthcare and reform programs, just so that when they do get out in 5-20 years they'll live out their lives (now doomed to poverty since you're barred from so much shit being a felon) quietly.
>>
>>78065547
>criminal is reformed
>can't find a job thanks to him having a criminal record
>will be instantly ostracized
>will resort back to crimes
nice system
>>
>>78065785
It's actually much less expensive to imprison someone for life than execute them.

Not that human life should ever have a price tag, I'm just refuting your point.
>>
>>78066077
Only because of our execution system. If a hero is doing the killing, it's free.
>>
>>78066170
That's true I guess.
>>
I see you're enjoying anime Watchmen.

I too like it a lot.
>>
>>78065964
>>78065547
This is the major problem. Recidivism rates are actually far lower than is commonly expected, even for 'YOU CAN'T REHABILITATE THOSE FREAKS' sexual offenders/pedophile sexual offenders. At least, that's true when you aren't introducing outside factors that affect the numbers.

The major cause in recidivism is the huge barriers to successfully reintegrating into society that are put up once they actually get out of prison. It being VERY hard to find someone that'll give you a job if you've served time for a felony being a huge one. But also the stigma attached that makes it harder to find housing, to access social services. To vote. To be, in total, a member of society, again.

The sexual offender database and how thoroughly that brands someone for the rest of their life is just the most transparent and obvious example of the above.

A society that's determined not to allow its criminals that have served their sentences and now seek to rejoin it to do so is a society that's setting itself up for a perpetual criminal underclass, huge justice system and prison costs and lobbies, and, overall, a really fucked up situation that affects the rest of society as overflow.

The fact that some penal systems are really retributive rather than rehabilitative (despite their claims otherwise) makes the whole process far more difficult, and almost makes one wonder why they don't just kill their prisoners rather than play with them like a cat with a mouse, since they're making it virtually impossible for the prisoners in their care to ever actually leave it for good.
>>
>>78065785
>Its still loads cheaper to murder and bury these folk

Not exactly advancing up the moral high ground with that approach.
>>
File: 1343937202425.png (6 KB, 210x229) Image search: [Google]
1343937202425.png
6 KB, 210x229
>>78061381
nah, I'm pretty sure if we nuked the shit out of the middle east the world would be a better place, maybe also include some of africa
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.