[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite episode of Adventure Time? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 34
What's your favorite episode of Adventure Time? Why?
>>
Mystery Dungeon because it was funny
Also that ending
>>
Dad's Dungeon. It's perfect in every possible way, with genuine feels, top humour and great adventure. I really hope we'll get a new episode like this someday, especially since S7 started to improve the quality.

Also I'm probably a faggot but until this day I love I Remember You and What Was Missing, both episodes are just comfy as fuck and the only examples of cartoon songs I really like, next to the House Hunting Song. And I don't even like Bubbline
>>
>>78059478
The episode where a crazy and genuinely interesting sci fi / fantasy plot is begun only to be resolved in the last two minutes of the episode, presumably because this show's writers are like their audience and have an attention span of potato.
>>
>>78059624
so you're talking about your mom last night
>>
>>78059569
either this or pic related,because i dont think any other episodes can sum up AT so well.i would say that S7 improved but finn jobbing and the lack of proper voice acting prevent me for giving a damn about it
>>
King Worm
because all that crazy shit
>>
>>78059624
>If this cartoon for children isn't filled to the brim with deepest lore and sci-fi fantasy then it is garbage and the writers are hacks
You are a legitimate faggot anon.

And I can understand the fantasy, but why the fuck would sci-fi be important? Adventure Time goes into the whole post apocalypse thing like once a year.
>>
>>78061364
They're hacks for biting off more than they can chew pretty much constantly. The worst display of what "idea guys" are really like when push comes to shove.
>>
>>78059478
I've got a real soft spot in my heart for Burning Low

A lot of people trash talk it because of the romance, but it was one of the few times it didn't feel forced in the show.

All of the PB interactions were great, it had a really exciting climax, and actually good character development for Finn.

It's not the best episode of the show, I understand that, but It's my personal favorite.
>>
Princess Cookie for being both funny and touching, and actually using Jake's character in an interesting way

The last episode I really liked was All the Little People
>>
Who Would Win

I love the slapstick humor.

Jake..
I've always..
Had a crush on you..
>>
File: clipboard.gif (200 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
clipboard.gif
200 KB, 384x216
>>78059526
my man
>>
File: BMOsunset.png (1 MB, 1046x588) Image search: [Google]
BMOsunset.png
1 MB, 1046x588
>"I think I just killed someone"
>>
Maybe Puhoy.
>>
>>78062763
>They destroyed BMO's innocence

I thought BMO would be the one character who would be safe from the 'deep' writing. But they had him spewing a bunch of 'intellectual' and introspective thoughts he normally never would.
>>
>>78062838
Man, Puhoy was so good. It's definitely up there at the top.
>>
Dad's Dungeon is top for all the reasons >>78059569 gave and also because I love Joshua.

Other than that so many season 1-3 episodes it would take forever to list them, but Gotcha, Death in Bloom, and Evicted are high up there. Episodes that have fantastic Finn/Jake chemistry are always magnificent and when they still happen in this day and age it's a treasure.
>>
>>78063042
I think Gotcha was season 4
>>
King Worm will always be my favorite simply because I saw it first during one of my first ever experiences with pot, and just....just....fuck me, was it amazing.
>>
>>78063125
Yeah, I still like some episodes from later seasons but those early ones have the vast majority of my favorites.
>>
>>78063157
If I had to choose an episode that isn't based on nostalgic value, though, I'd say The Lich/Finn the Human/Jake the Dog trilogy.
>>
>>78062258
Plus this will never not be funny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS6IIFf47LE
>>
>>78063329
Totally forgot about this and nearly spat milk out of nose from laughing, lmfao.
>>
BMO Noir was the first one that came to mind. On top of being cute and funny and weird it had some interesting narrative gimmicks. We listen to this story BMO has concocted in it's head while at the same time see what is actually going on as the story unfolds, and we also get the beginning and end of an adventure of Finn and Jake's without any middle or proper context and are left guessing (until they made an episode about it).
>>
File: 6923939141_a6d88ee679_o.jpg (2 MB, 4328x2432) Image search: [Google]
6923939141_a6d88ee679_o.jpg
2 MB, 4328x2432
What's your favorite episode from each season?

>Season 1
Ocean of Fear

>Season 2
Mortal Recoil or Storytelling

>Season 3
Dad's Dungeon

>Season 4
Who Would Win

>Season 5
Puhoy

>Season 6
Jake the Brick

>Season 7
The More You Moe, the Moe You Know
>>
>>78063769
Probably gonna cheat on all of them.
>S1
Evicted, His Hero
>S2
It Came from the Nightosphere/Death in Bloom
>S3
Dad's Dungeon/Hitman
>S4
Gotcha/The Lich
>S5.1
Shh, All the Little People
>S5.2
Time Sandwich/Blade of Grass
>6
Escape from the Citadel/Is That You
>7 so far
Football/May I Come In

So far season 7 has been decidedly decent.
>>
>>78059478
Death in Bloom is perfect. I especially love the transition from a bubbly pink world with chiptune background music and smiles everywhere to fucking underworld with Slayer playing and Death growling. Also best fart joke in humankind
>>
>>78064363
Death is so fucking cool and I've very happy the show has yet to ruin him.
>>
>>78064386
Have you seen the newest short with him? It was actually pretty sweet.
>>
File: 1449625199265.gif (120 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449625199265.gif
120 KB, 500x281
>AT will never have a serious and at the same perfect alternative history like link related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kSAhhKY9ic&feature=youtu.be

just kill me already
>>
>>78064507
I have a feeling the person who made this trailer put Elegia in the trailer because of MGS V.

Also, Lich should have always been end game boss.
>>
>>78064507
Good, who fucking cares.
If you want DEEPEST LORE D&D ripoff bullshit go to /tg/ and grab your bi-weekly "greatest hits" posts from the repost threads.
>>
>>78065116
please tell me you're baiting
>>
>>78063769
>Season 1
Donny
>Season 2
It Came From the Nightosphere
>Season 3
Another Way
>Season 4
Princess Cookie
>Season 5
The Great Bird Man
>Season 6
Little Brother
>Season 7
Checkmate
>>
The Limit will always have a special place in my heart.
>>
>>78064896
Nah, the Lich is the embodies the desire to destroy all life. He is death incarnate. You never beat death, you only hold it off for a bit.
>>
>>78065811
I always thought that episode deserved a much better follow up.

Finn the Human/Jake the Dog were alright but they were completely divorced from The Lich. I wish they had actually delved into some of the secrets of OOO instead of switching to an AU for two episodes that never had an impact on anything else (besides dropping some pretty unimportant lore).
>>
>>78065864
Pretend that "is the" never happened
>>
>>78065950
I liked those two episodes, but the ending really eroded my faith in AT. It was way too weak and made everything seem like it was for nothing
>>
Feel like this is an unpopular opinion, but We Found A Truck is definitely my favorite. All the jokes hit well, the character interaction was perfect, and the music is perfect. (Speaking of, is there a release for that song used when they build the truck? It was used an another episode before it too.)
>>
>>78065811
my african american brother. The ending is glorious. I could really believe that elephant was a fucking based god.
>>
>>78066169
My brother, I love that episode. Not my favorite but really liked it, I feel it's the best that board team has done so far. I wish Finn and Jake had kept the truck.

That music is the Manlorette Party from When Wedding Bells Thaw, you can find lots of youtube vids of it.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AxHLNy7ApE
Adventure Time has some excellent BGM music when they try.
>>
>>78066169
We Fixed a Truck was a wonderful episode.
>>
File: 1438810842796.jpg (9 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
1438810842796.jpg
9 KB, 250x244
>>78066169
fuck yeah. that episode was funny as fuck
>>
This one, because this. The first time I saw this I almost choked to death.
>>
This isn't really my favorite, but my goodness Slow Love is underrated and it makes me sad, that episode is hilarious the whole way through. There's something so funny about Snorlock just breaking shit the entire episode and Finn and Jake getting increasingly desperate to stop him, the thing's great.

All I see people say about it is that it's gross, and that's a real shame.
>>
File: Marcy Christmas.png (224 KB, 451x564) Image search: [Google]
Marcy Christmas.png
224 KB, 451x564
I'm working on an AT comic for Christmas
>>
>>78066736
That seems really cute man, I like the style of it.
How long is it gonna be?
>>
>>78066763
Probably like three of those pages long. But, it's all going to be in one long page.
>>
File: 1449635740991.gif (657 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
1449635740991.gif
657 KB, 500x256
>>78066169
Most people loved the episode, but it just seems "out of place", you know? Like it literally adds nothing at all to the story, and many people forget this wonderful episode because of it. Definitely one of the most underrated ones.
>>
>>78066968
Maaan giving a crap about the plot in AT is silly when it chugs along at such a snail's pace and usually ends up being lame anyway.

Many of the best episodes have fuck all to do with lore and all that jazz but are still funny and interesting enough in their own right that it doesn't matter.
>>
>>78066968
this gif would be ten times better if the rain of their umbrella move too
>>
>>78066968
>story
>STORY
>>
>>78066968
I stopped caring about the plot of Adventure Time when it became abundantly clear that they would never actually let anything change in a meaningful way for more than 5 episodes.

For me, that finally hit home after Breezy
>>
>>78067031
well, I personally always enjoyed the plot especially for taking a slow pace. I most of the times don't give a fuck about cartoons with stories, but AT sorta has a nice feeling to it, where it evolves and at the same time doesn't rush to new things. I like every episode except two and I think both lore heavy and not related at all episodes can be great if well executed.
>>
>>78067031
>Many of the best episodes have fuck all to do with lore
that's an understatement considering all lore was strictly in the background until like season 5.

>many of the best episodes of The Simpsons have fuck all to do with sucking the dicks of the celebrity guest stars
>>
>>78067207
If you're talking in terms of 'plot' I think a bunch of episodes can be added though. Not sure how much character development would factor into that but at least some would.

Lots of plot episodes in early seasons for introducing some character/setting/concept that was eventually expanded on later on in the show.
>>
>>78059478
City of Thieves. It was fun, endearing and corny. Like most of season 1.
>>
>>78067250
>for introducing some character/setting/concept that was eventually expanded on later on in the show.
Just because they mine the pre-transition seasons for episode ideas doesn't mean there was a plot back then. The show was episodic and most things were meant to appear only once -- until the writers ran out of ideas and decided to dig up every corpse in the cemetery.
>>
>>78067429
Still counts man, even if it wasn't always intended in that way.
Plus there was for sure some stuff they would have followed up anyway, it's not like they had no plans past season two.
>>
File: bmo christmas.png (153 KB, 510x660) Image search: [Google]
bmo christmas.png
153 KB, 510x660
Merry almost Christmas, /co/.

I miss the AT drawthreads.
>>
Belly of the Beast

No questions.
>>
>>78067554
> it's not like they had no plans past season two.
well, they made seasons 3 and 4, both of which were still like 90% continuity-free. there didn't seem to be much interest in continuity or storylines until after the Flame Princess arc broke the ice.
>>
>>78062258
I've never gotten the love for Burning Low.

>Plot conflict begins b/c of Jake falling asleep and just assuming PB's jealous, for no reason.
>Plot itself is boring melodrama.
It's one thing to have a good plot that's contrived, or a subpar plot that's at least logical, but being both makes it something that shouldn't happen.

>Also PB putting FP in the cage cause her kissing would destroy Earth.
The whole reason she was let out of the cage was to date a dude. And how come FP or her dad didn't know this?
A plot hole in AT isn't that big of deal, but this ep. was so soon after FP's intro. Plus it wasn't even necessary, since it was so PB would have a reason to not want Finn dating her, but it could have just been "Finn she's a chemically imbalanced flamethrower who could raze Ooo if you fuck up" and have worked just as well while making sense.

I feel bad for ranting now that I've wrote this, it's just that I was in love with the show at this point, and also really excited about FP's character, but she ended up becoming a plot device, and this was the first episode where I didn't like where the show's direction was going and began to stop having the same excitement for it. I've been frustrated with it for a while without venting.
>>
>>78068016
My main complaint with that episode was that it had that whole "PB is unsympathetic but plot device makes her always right" thing
>>
The episode where Finn takes Flame Princess into Dungeon Finding

The midpoint season in general regarding Flame Princess was fucking great, its too bad they fucked it up
>>
>>78068097
PB is a total spergweed, so at least in this case her lack of sympathy is quite understandable
>>
>>
>>78068016
>Also PB putting FP in the cage cause her kissing would destroy Earth.
>The whole reason she was let out of the cage was to date a dude. And how come FP or her dad didn't know this?

FP was kept in the dark the whole time, and her dad didn't really care. He only put her away so bubblegum would get off his back.

I dunno, I thought that it worked well and brought up some potential for a direction to take FP's character, but they ended up not having her be a character and be a plot device instead.

People don't like to talk about it, but I feel like sugar leaving the show did hurt it.
>>
>>78068016
You got valid points on FP being sloppily written, they never have actually gotten back to her whole "being a fucking living nuke" deal, but I still liked Burning Low.

FP wasn't even really important in the episode, everything was just happening around her. There was pretty good tension between Finn and PB the whole way through that I liked, that argument and PB risking Finn's life in depriving Finn and FP of air and stuff.

Jake's thing was kind of lazy but it WAS Jake. Gotta move that plot some way.

Also, like most things regarding Flame Princess, the way they showed PB locking her up was flaccid as hell in Earth and Water. There was good potential for those two to have tension there, but I guess FP just never found out and never will.

>>78068097
I felt she was somewhat sympathetic in that one, she seemed to also be conflicted emotionally in regards to Finn instead of just being 100% emotionless and dedicated to the job (you're MY hero) and she even cried on her bed and stuff.
>>
The entire Marceline boogaloo episodes we just went through were great and all

But what the fuck was the purpose of wasting time turning her to normal and then into a vampire again in the end

The plot and character development was great
But she didnt need to switch roles for it to happen
>>
File: 1375333884227.jpg (121 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1375333884227.jpg
121 KB, 800x1000
>>
>>78068162
FP was pretty weak her entire existence as a character, but Sugar was still generally very good.
FP more existed to develop Finn than actually be like, a character and shit, and I can see how one can think that's poor writing but if it works out I could be alright with it. Not everyone's important an stuff.
>>
>>78068220
I understand that that's why she was there, but considering how much they even botched that in the end, I still consider it bad writing.

Combine that with the fact that shit like Playing With Fire exists and shows that FP can be an interesting character in her own right when handled well, it's hard to see her as anything but a big waste.
>>
File: Jake and lady .png (201 KB, 510x660) Image search: [Google]
Jake and lady .png
201 KB, 510x660
>>
>>78068162

Realtalk, I think Sugar's departure was the death of the spirit of Adventure Time. I guess we hate her now or something because people don't like her new show because of reasons, but she was the depth of AT and anyone who tried to emulate her hurt the show a lot. They shouldn't try to do emotional stuff or lore shit if they can't handle it.

Also it used to be a lot more cartoony and squiggly and expressive but now I'm just complaining.
>>
>>78068950
I was saying it back when it happened, but no one listened. I remember everyone saying how great the show would be without Sugar holding it back, and it just confused me to no end.
>>
>>78069167
Are you rusing me? People wouldn't stop sucking Sugar's dick around that time what with the I Remember Yous and the Simon and Marcys, I remember few people acting like it was a good thing and I'm sure they were trolling.

Everyone liked Sugar back then, only things people didn't like were lesbians and Fionna and Cake.
>>
File: Thank You.png (129 KB, 825x465) Image search: [Google]
Thank You.png
129 KB, 825x465
>Thank You

It is entirely within reason to assume that I am full of piping hot hipster bullshit. But I really like Thank You.
>>
>>78069259
Nothing hipster about that anon, it was beautiful and very sweet. Told a story with few words very well.

This is also a time where I was completely okay with Finn and Jake getting sidelined and if they have to make more episodes based on boring side characters I wish they could emulate Thank You more.
>>
File: street fighter.jpg (549 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
street fighter.jpg
549 KB, 1280x1280
>>78063769
>S1
dungeon
>S2
blood under the skin
>S3
marceline closet/dad dungeon/hitman
>S4
card war
>S5
a glitch a glitch
>S6
food chain
>7
dropped because of the comet

this is my all time favorite show but i just accepted thats its dead.
its like that girl you really loved and in the end she played you,you try to keep up with her because you remeber how great things used to be between you but you then understand that she changed for the worst and that you rather move on than hope it would go back to how it used to be.
>>
>>78069243

I fucking love SU and I'm not ashamed of it. I don't post on /co/ about it though because the shit posters on this board can ruin any fun thing. Fuck all of you and I'm gonna kill myself tonight you faggots. Everyone go fuck yourselves fuck you I hate you and none of you are my real dad.
>>
File: im sorry i got mad at you.png (110 KB, 844x465) Image search: [Google]
im sorry i got mad at you.png
110 KB, 844x465
>>78068950
fuck her tho.you cant just go on exploring a show and its character without everyone agreeing and following your step thinking ahead.they are all part of the problem.
>>78069356
>>
>>78069327
>dropped because of the comet
you should give it a try anon, most people agree it's much better than S6 and even S5 to some degree. Also we all know it never was your favourite show and you're just shitposting
>>
I really enjoy Food Chain. I know that there's no character/world building at all but it's probably one of their better episodes.
>inb4 different writer/storyboard autist
>>
>>78069377
to be fair ive seen mama said and while i like it the voice acting and finn jobbing prevent me from wanting more.i just want the movie.
>>
>>78068950
No, Sugar's arrival was the death of the spirit of Adventure Time. She's the one who started pushing the show toward having more emotional depth that it really didn't need. Yes, perhaps Sugar's version of Adventure Time was good most of the time, but she's the one who started the trend of storyboarders turning Adventure Time into a blank canvas where they do whatever bullshit they felt like doing instead of trying to write stories for Adventure Time.
>>
File: 1449436848748.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449436848748.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
>>78069426
watch the BMO special. Honestly you won't regret it.
>>
File: 198866_original.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
198866_original.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>78069403
It was by the guy who gave us the Nox episode of Wakfu and it had a great musical number. That makes it solid in my book.
>>
>>78069457

>I'm not grown. Or maybe I'm too grown. I don't know I think I just killed someone.
Laughed like a fucking maniac.
>>
>>78069356
Uh, okay that's nice. Doesn't really have to do with what I said but I'm glad you could get it off your chest.
>>
>>78065650
>Donny

damn son, otherwise great pics but Donny sucked
>>
>>78069592
Nah man, Donny was the usual level of good for season 1. Donny himself was funny enough and the house people and WhyWolves would have saved the episode even if it was terrible.
Plus it had a unique, kind of harsh moral and a nice little ending (We can go stare wistfully into the lake), stuff was nice.

The real shit episode he has on that list is Great Birdman.
>>
Puhoy.
It just gets me.
>>
>>78069673
You Forgot Your Floaties made this episode depressing as fuck in hindsight.
>>
>>78060134
>>78059569
Damn, when did some anons turn into me
Those are the two episodes that I always say exemplify what I think AT should be
>>
>>78069705
Dad's Dungeon is probably the most loved episode on /co/
>>
Hands down best, Power Animal

Simple introduction, straight man Finn, irresponsible jerk Jake, we go from a crazy cast of characters having a party to a young boy being tortured by gnomes, dancing beetles and a party God.

Its the best episode to show people to get them hooked on watching more
>>
>>78068950
There are people that don't like her new show?
>>
File: 1449639402780.jpg (44 KB, 351x440) Image search: [Google]
1449639402780.jpg
44 KB, 351x440
>>78059569
My Nigga
Dad's Dungeon is my favorite episode from any cartoon ever.
>>
>>78069327
Yeah, I do like a lot of those. Dungeon was the first episode to turn me onto the show, I think.
>>
>>78059526
I also considered "Mystery Dungeon", but I gotta go with "The Limit". It's basically the quintessential Adventure Time episode. It's got everything you need to get into the show.

1. good dungeon crawl
2. silly randomness (hot dog princess/knights)
3. general sense of epicness (jake pushing his limits to obtain the ultimate prize)
4. it demonstrates an important point (Jake, as obviously powerful as he is, can only stretch but so far, and is hardly invulnerable)
5. not requiring previous knowledge of the series
>>
>>78069696
How?
>>
Does anyone have that link with the correct, chronological order of the episodes?
>>
Fuck I don't remember the name of the one,

Where the snow creature befriends the flame. Such feels
>>
>>78070562
Thank You ma man
>>
Food Chain
>>
>>78070151
The Limit is pretty average imo, but I always lose my shit somehow when I watch the wish scene with the hot dog soldiers wishing for a box and to get blown up.
>>
>>78059478

Hard to chose, but generally the episodes that involve dungeon crawling end up being the best ones; Dad's Dungeon, Mystery Dungeon, Dungeon Train, and that one with FP in it which actually makes her a good character. Can't go wrong with dungeons, man.
>>
>>78071219
>forgetting the episode literally named just "Dungeon"
>>
File: 1449282985399.jpg (135 KB, 550x696) Image search: [Google]
1449282985399.jpg
135 KB, 550x696
My top 3 are Breezy, What Was Missing, and I Remember You.

Love Games and Slow Love are my favorite "underrated" episodes.
>>
File: 1304.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1304.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>mfw I need to rewatch earlier seasons
In recent seasons I liked Food Chain, The Pajama War, We Fixed a Truck, Puhoy and others
>>
>>78071398
>you will never jizz across Finn's face as he peacefully sleeps
>>
What was the episode that made you start to watch Adventure Time?

Mine was Holly Jolly Secrets because I'm a faggot
>>
>>78071469
Uhhh I guess mine was Too Young, I think I was watching it a little before that but it was that episode that made me a dedicated fan who actually watched episodes while they aired.
>>
File: Finn writing.gif (296 KB, 312x176) Image search: [Google]
Finn writing.gif
296 KB, 312x176
>>78071469
Sometime before Burning Low. It might've been sometime in season 2 I think

>>78071426
>Finn will never be interested in you and writers will always dog him for having a boner
>>
>>78067705
maybe if this thread lasts to tomorrow
>>
>>78071469
The first episode I ever watched was the Other Tarts, and it made me love the show immediately.

>Finn's dumb plan
>Finn and Jake's relationship
>Those hobos
>Finn freaking out and throwing that holo-pendant when PB calls again
>That speech the Tart Toter gives
>>
>>78062840
>BMO
>He

This triggers me so!!!!!
>>
>>78071766
BMO constantly refers to himself as a boy.
>>
>>78069327
>>7
>dropped because of the comet
That was Season 6 though.
>>
>>78067705
Me too, what happened to them anyways? Lack of interest?
>>
>>78072097
Pretty much. I wish I'd taken notice of them sooner. I only got to enjoy them for a little over a year.
>>
Man, Graybles 1000+ is bleak as fuck.

>Everything is dull colored
>The tree house has grown and presumably abandoned
>The candy kingdom is reduced to walking apartment buildings built into the Gumball guardians
>The citizens are seemingly put in some sort of weird cryogenic sleep
>Marceline is the only one left, still living in he cave
>Ice king turned into some monster

Why didn't they just show us Finn and Jake's graves while they were at it?
>>
File: IMG_9375.jpg (56 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9375.jpg
56 KB, 500x700
>>78071876
he dropped season 7 because of the season 6 finale (The Comet)

learn to into context you dillweed
>>
File: Titlecard_S6E20_jakethebrick.png (1 MB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
Titlecard_S6E20_jakethebrick.png
1 MB, 1152x648
I'm not sure why it's this one. The ending just left me feeling really satisfied somehow. I also liked seeing all the characters getting indirectly involved with the one thing that was happening even though it wasn't all that much.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>78068097
And yet that was the only time Finn called her out for doing something wrong. And he was happier for it.
>>
>>78072181
swoon
>>
>No one mentioned Card Wars

It's like you never played TCGs as a kid
>>
>>78072178
That ending to Lemonhope though...
>>
>>78071469
Evicted was the first episode I watched and I was pretty much hooked after that
>>
File: pendward.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pendward.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>Adventure Time Studios, 3:30 AM
>A dark corner
>Pendleton Ward is scribbling away
>He has finished, at long last, the full story for the Adventure Time movie
>It's not perfect, nothing ever is, but it's as close to the memories of his tabletop games and comic books that motivated him to make that fateful pilot episode years ago
>The story is simple enough, Finn fights the Ice King to save Peebles, and then contends with the Lich. The structure is effective, but it's in the humor where the film truly shines
>Suddenly, the door to Pen's office bursts open
>He is blinded as light fills the room
>Jesse Moynihan, Steve Little, Somvilay Xayaphone, and even Rebecca Sugar walk into the office
>Pen has not heard from them in months
>He hasn't seen Rebecca for years
>"W-what's up, guys?", he asks, a mix of fear and hope in his voice
>"We heard you finished the movie, Pen.", Little says, an eerie smile on his face
>"We wanted to offer feedback.", Moynihan chips in
>Ward clenches his teeth. "There's- there's no need for that, guys."
>"Oh, I insist.", Jesse says, and snatches the 500 storyboards from Pen's hand as he takes out a bright red sharpie.
>"This is no good at all", Little snorts, as he crosses off a picture of the Gumball Guardians and replaces them with Betty.
>"This plot point is too direct. You need to be more experimental and philisophical with your ending.", Moynihan mutters as he tears the final story board of Finn killing the Lich into pieces.
>"I like this panel.", Rebecca Sugar says, as she holds up a picture of Finn kissing Princess Bubblegum as Marceline cheers them all.
>"But it would work even better if you switched Finn with Marceline, don't you agree?"
>"N-no I- I don't agr-" Pen starts to mutter.
>He is met not with glares, but looks of incredulity.
>"Y-yes, you're right.", Pen says
>"I- I just wanted an Adventure, but maybe... maybe that's not what kids want. Go ahead and make the changes.
>AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL
>MY EMPIRE OF DIRT
>>
>>78069243
>Fionna and Cake.

/co/ liked it before the first episode aired and tumblr took over. /co/ inspired Nat to make it.
>>
>>78073577
Card Wars is good, it's just not my favorite.

There are a lot of good Adventure Time episodes.
>>
File: 1432567595656.gif (127 KB, 460x334) Image search: [Google]
1432567595656.gif
127 KB, 460x334
This episode's atmosphere is really great
>>
Is there a new episode tonight?
>>
>>78071469
Henchman, I think. A marathon of the whole first season was on TV and I have been a fan since then.
>>
>>78071469
Blood under the skin.
>>
File: dad's dungeon.png (436 KB, 1600x1233) Image search: [Google]
dad's dungeon.png
436 KB, 1600x1233
>Dad's Dungeon
>The Tower
I just love whe Finn goes full berserk.
>Marceline's Closet
It was funny, is this reason good enough?
>>
>>78059478
the pillow dream
>>
File: AT sir slicer.gif (977 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
AT sir slicer.gif
977 KB, 500x288
>>78071469
>What was the episode that made you start to watch Adventure Time?
the new frontier
that was the first episode i ever saw and that was so different from what i was used to see in cartoons that i got hooked
>>78073577
nigga i said card war read the read>>78069327
>>78076228
good luck exposing your soft vanilla-strawberry skin from the elements dork!
>that fucking cameo in the comics
>>
File: kch kch.gif (320 KB, 500x266) Image search: [Google]
kch kch.gif
320 KB, 500x266
>>78076412
to the* sorry
>>
>>78076333
The Tower was god tier, which really just made Breezy all the more painful.
>>
>>78075992
No new episodes until 2016
>>
>>78069643
A lot of Jesse's stuff is faux-philosophical to the point of nausea, but Great Bird Man was great. The old lech achieves enlightenment and true power by rejecting political power only to throw it away as soon as he finds an excuse to fall back to his old ways. Then he walks into a lake and is supposedly fixed by love. You know he's going to turn back to abuse. It's hilarious.
>>
Dad's Dungeon, it's comfy and feely and funny.
>>
I think Donny might be my favorite ep. It's not the best one, but it ends in such an emotional train wreck that I have to love it. It was such an unsolvable situation. Also Whywolves marching to their extinction in full awareness was the greatest thing.
>>
>>78074589
That swamp was gorgeously designed.
>>
>>78071838
BMO does whatever
>>
>>78074033

10 star post
>>
>>78074033
There are people who really consider this has some kind of accuracy?
>>
Is that you?
>>
File: 1424826325006.jpg (16 KB, 204x162) Image search: [Google]
1424826325006.jpg
16 KB, 204x162
My favorite is the one when they solve math puzzle to get the right algsrhythym for anti death potion :o
>>
A the risk of sounding like a pleb: "I remember you".
>>
>>78079235
It's a new copypasta that emerged a week or so ago.
>>
>>78079280
>implying I Remember You isn't one of the genuinely sweetest episodes of any cartoon we got in the past two decades
people can be butthurt if they want, but they know it
>>
>>78079302
Oh? My bad then. Sorry.
>>
File: iwanttobelieve.png (643 KB, 1289x726) Image search: [Google]
iwanttobelieve.png
643 KB, 1289x726
What Was Missing is my favorite. It had random monster enemy, character development and great songs. Shit was tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqSODxRoZM
>>
>>78079280

I Remember You is so genuine and delicate. It doesn't smash us over the head with the muddy sloppy bullshit they've introduced. It's just a heartfelt ginger step in the Simon and Marcy story.
>>
>>78079280
>>78079325
>>78079395
Both episodes are really comfy and give you a feel of being loved by your friends and people in general. I really like later episodes like Simon and Marcy, but I prefer the here mentioned because they're more implicite and the undertone works really well with AT. Also even shipping shit managed to be likeable there because it wasn't presented as so forcibly implied it hurts.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.