[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Comixology >An Amazon Company When did this happen? Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: amazon.jpg (6 KB, 220x65) Image search: [Google]
amazon.jpg
6 KB, 220x65
>Comixology
>An Amazon Company

When did this happen?
Does anyone care?
>>
>>78058089
Almost two years ago.
There was a lot of bitching. Now it's just more overt.
>>
Amazon bought them a while ago, they added the Amazon logo just recently when they merged user accounts
>>
>>78058897

Does this benefit people that buy trades off of amazon? Like do I get to read the physical books I bought from them digitally if I wanted to?
>>
>>78059018
I don't think so, it's digital purchases only
>>
>>78058089
>Does anyone care?
no, digital comics are stupid as they are right now and if you buy them you should feel bad
>>
>>78058089
>Does anyone care?
You seem to care. At least enough to make a thread about it on a Mongolian Carpet Discussion website
>>
>>78060274
Fuck you, I'm not bringing Prez floppies into my home. They'll probably catch fire or something.
>>
>>78059018
No, but if you merge your accounts, comics you bought off the Kindle Store will now be in your Comixology library (not the other way around). Good for people like me who made the mistake of buying comics on Kindle. Plus Kindle comics tend to be cheaper, so you can buy them off the Kindle Store and read them in Comixology.

Only downside is no PayPal, unless you use the Marvel or DC Android apps (which still support using Google Play credit).
>>
>>78060368
>Only downside is no PayPal

Fuck, that pissed me off. Wish I had some warning. Not a deal breaker, because I'm glad my Kindle comics are finally on Comixology, but fuck, I hate that.
>>
>>78060368
if you merge do you use your amazon or comixology log in?
>>
>>78060514
Amazon
>>
>>78060368
Yeah, fuck them for not warning about the PayPal thing.

I mean, not a deal breaker, but fuck them.
>>
File: Blunder.jpg (11 KB, 386x291) Image search: [Google]
Blunder.jpg
11 KB, 386x291
>>78060368
>>78060424
>>78060597
>Only downside is no PayPal
>>
>>78060705
No, not really. I just hate shilling out my credit card. You can still use PayPal on the Big Two Android apps, but those still allow in-app purchases.

At least we can finally use Amazon gift cards.

Downside is Amazon's near monopoly on digital comics.
>>
Buying digital comics is retarded like buying movies digitally
>>
I would like to both thank Amazon and tell them to fuck off.

Also, glad I didn't buy any of those naughty books. Wouldn't like them associated with my ID.
>>
>>78060368
I've bought from their site several times with PayPal.
>>
>>78061039
>Also, glad I didn't buy any of those naughty books. Wouldn't like them associated with my ID.

Nigga, never buy naughty books under any circumstances. If you buy physical, you run the risk of someone finding them. But digitally, and they will be associated with your ID.

Just torrent them like the rest of us.

Once you're done fapping, you'll regret downloading them anyways.
>>
>>78060770
Have you confirmed amazon gift cards work? I tried buying some books the other night with a gift balance on my amazon account, and the app took from my bank acct instead. Lame.
>>
>>78061680
Only if you buy though the Kindle Store.

You buy the Kindle edition of a comic and it will also be cross-platformed into your Comixology library.

Kindle's comic reader sucks, but sometimes the prices on digital trades are pretty good, so it's worth buying on the Kindle Store to read in your Comixology library.
>>
>>78063131
Aha, thanks. I thought I had read that only certain kindle comics would transfer, so I didn't even think about it. Thanks.
>>
>>78064847
As far as I can tell, all of my stuff from all publishers (Marvel, DC, IDW, Image) has transfered.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.