[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one, Anons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: kcvscw.png (2 MB, 938x700) Image search: [Google]
kcvscw.png
2 MB, 938x700
Which one, Anons?
>>
Kingdom Come.
>>
>>78056936
The one that is mediocre and not complete shit, also Civil war is closer to LEGENDS not to kingdom come.
>>
>>78056936
Kingdom Come is a classic.

Civil War was okay for an event, though.
>>
>>78056971
>kingdom come
>mediocre

Children have shit taste these days.
>>
Only Marvel fanboys would compare Kingdom Come with that shitstorm that Civil War was.
>>
>>78056936
I haven't read either, and I don't plan to, since both sound pretty fucked retarded.
>>
That's not even a contest.
>>
>>78056936
I'm a marveldrone, but there is no contest, Kingdom Come win this.
>>
>>78057077
>Marvel can't win
>"They both suck."
>>
>Reminder that Marvel had it's own "Killing Joke ending scene"
>>
File: mrcofeeisthebest.jpg (165 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
mrcofeeisthebest.jpg
165 KB, 640x640
>>78057407
>>
>>78056936
I think Kingdom Come was an okay story but I'm kinda mad that it instilled new sense of unwarranted self-righteousness in DC heroes. Like, so many fucking stories tried to shove in your face that killing bad guys (even in combat in self-defense) makes you As Bad As Them, which was so bullshit sometimes.
I'm glad that it went away with New52 because:
- they decided to make it edgier to make more $$$
- as an artistic choice since it would make no sense with Wildstorm heroes in the same world
- both (most likely)
>>
>>78057774
>i like it better when heroes with a no kill rule drop that rule because it's stupid

Stick to anime.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1284x722
>>78056936
>comparing KC to Marvel's out of character dumpster fire

You must also think McNiven is a good artist
>>
>>78057774
>new sense

What do you thinkg Extreme justice, JLA, the parallax shit and the knightfall saga were about?
>>
I'm a complete Marvel drone, hell I haven't read any DC since like Final Crisis, but come the fuck on. Kingdom Come 100 times out of 100.
>>
>>78057009
>>78056971
>>78057077
Kingdom Come it's kind of hard to understand when taken out of context of time it was made, the 90s were fucking crazy with dark and edgy anti-heroes. Like, Magog's design is intentionally based on Cable. Reading some 90s grimdark stuff like Witchblade, Marvel 2099, Venom, Spawn might give one better context what Kingdom Come was response to.

Civil War imo was stupid attempt to make ALL superheroes "oppressed superpowered group" after House of M genocided most mutants, so Marvel could get all the mutant money without having movie rights to mutants. This of course went sour fucking fast, writers had no idea what the fuck other stance was even supposed to be, entire thing with "noone is right" gray morality was quickly thrown out and anti-reg side was the good guys, and it gone fucking downhill.

After that Marvel decided to fuck it and start pushing Inhumans as their poor man's mutants, which still fucking sucks, noone cares about them, X-Men books generally outsell Inhumans books - only good thing to come out of this shit was Ms Marvel aka Kamala Khan, only good Inhuman.

Of course all of this is just waiting until Marvel fucking finally gets the X-Men rights back, will add mutants into MCU and things will stop fucking up again.
>>
>>78057424
That makes more sense since it your friendly neighbrohood superhero Spiderman and not The Dark Knight Batman.
That is, assuming this is not Norman Osborn Green Goblin or set before the death of Gwen Stacy.
>>
>>78056936

KC > civil shit all day
>>
Im a >marvel fag but this isn't even really close
>>
>>78057852
I'm not talking about dropping the rule. I'm talking about the bullshit "I don't kill, so YOU can't kill either! And if you try to kill someone I will violently beat you up, even if you will kill someone in the middle of fucking combat where we're technically allies!"
No offense but I seriously preferred Wildstorm to DC pre-nu52 and now it is way more palatable for me.
>>
Kingdom Come is ridiculously overrated, but yeah, it's better than Civil War.
>>
>>78058109
The whole point is hypocritical as fuck since DC had fucking Hitman (remember him? Whatever happend with him?) join the JL
>>
>>78057774
>they decided to make it edgier to make more $$$

That's why it was shit, family
>>
>>78056936
Kingdom Come is a good book, but not as great as many people think.
On the other hand, Civil War is actually shit.
They're also not really that similar at all except it's heroes fighting heroes
>>
>>78056936
Earth X
>>
>>78058188
>The whole point is hypocritical as fuck since DC had fucking Hitman (remember him? Whatever happend with him?) join the JL

Did you even read the comics? He didn't join them.
>>
>>78056936
Between those two only a retard would choose Civil War, and that's coming from a Marvel fan.

It's not a fair comparison though. Something like Earth-X is a lot closer to Kingdom Come than Civil war, which was just another shitty event.
>>
>>78058188
>calling him "Hitman"
>(remember him?) like you're a Tommy fan and not a cockinhaling casual
>thinking he actually joined and not that he literally just went to the try outs see Wonder Woman's tits
>>
>>78056936
Marveldrone here: Kingdom Come. Civil War was shit, almost as bad as AvX
>>
>>78057978
McNiven's art isn't bad per se, it's just very very bland and mediocre
>>
>>78056936
Waid>>>Millar

Kingdom Come and it isn't even close.
>>
>>78056971
also CW doesn't have stiff portraits of middleaged cosplayers as "art"
>>
>>78058124
This is set before the reveal that Gwen was kukin Peter.
>>
>>78059247
>One More Day changed tons of stupid shit but didn't change that.
I'm still mad.
>>
>>78058188
Do you read comics or skim the covers? Cause it sounds like you do the latter.
>>
>>78056936
I'm a marvelfag and of course Kingdom Come is better
>>
Kingdom Come obviously
>>
>>78058188
He wrote his name on their bathroom and shot a bunch of alien controlled astronauts. Sure Superman approved (in a way) but he never "joined the JL"
>>
>>78057774
Killing even in self defense is only justified for normal humans in that context. And even then, if you're as good as, say, Batman, it still isn't strictly necessary outside of extreme situations. If you've got that level of gear and training, you can handle most opponents without resorting to lethal force.

With how much power DC's main heroes posses, they really have almost no excuse for not bringing the villains alive.

Like, if you're a cop and you're being shot at, you don't waste time trying to taze and tackle the shooter. You blast his ass, because you aren't bulletproof. Fiddle fucking around like that is just going to get you or somebody else killed.

But if you're as powerful as Superman, you can just stand there until the asshole's mag runs dry. And if you're strong enough to level skyscrapers, you don't have to worry about subduing them either.
>>
It's a tie. I like them both for different reasons and think they both had areas for improvement.
>>
Infinite Crisis

Did a better job than Kindom Come of expressing golden + silver age vs modern comics. Bonus points for Superboy Prime being a stand in for angry nerd autists that post on forums.
>>
The sheer amount of fags in this thread that are saying kingdom come was overated

L.M.A.O.F.A.M.I.L.I.A no wonder marvel comics has gone to shit and DC is just barely holding on.
>>
>>78056936
Kingdom cum, of course
>>
>>78059636
>The sheer amount of fags in this thread that are saying kingdom come was overated
Do you really think it isn't overrated? It's got great art but the story is pretty contrived and tries to push "edgy murderous assholes are bad" thing while having the heroes be shitty people who don't kill.
The whole idea that Supes quit because people didn't think it was a bad idea is ridiculous. I understand Superman not killing but he shouldn't be so naive as to quit because a mass murder was put down
>>
>>78060246
*people didn't think it was a bad idea to kill the joker
>>
>>78060246
You didn't read the comic fag, he didn't quit because joker was put down he quit because people supported the guy and his actions that put down joker.

The book isn't overated because the message it put across during that edgy time was so important to bring comic writers/heros back in line, we really need a kingdom come for our generation to be honest, I think multiversity was an attempt but didn't get its message across well enough.
>>
>>78061508
>we really need a kingdom come for our generation to be honest

This.
>>
>>78056936
KEK
>>
>>78059601
If you think anything Johns has done has any depth you are a retard. Kingdom come is ten times the story IC is.
>>
>>78059636
>>78061508
>>78063365
lol sperg harder
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.