[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unpopular Opinions I'll start She's a good character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13
File: Korra-Avatar-Legend-of-Korra-5.jpg (629 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Korra-Avatar-Legend-of-Korra-5.jpg
629 KB, 1920x1200
ITT: Unpopular Opinions

I'll start

She's a good character
>>
>>78051321
You only want to fuck her, that doesn't count.
>>
>>78051321
Samurai Jack occasionally has too-slow pacing
>>
ITT: Wrong opinions
>>
>>78051321
I didn't like Wreck it Ralph.
The animation was awesome but the characters were very boring IMO
>>
We need more failed gay romances in comics.
>>
>>78052827
That describes a good number of Disney films m8.
>>
>>78052827
Concur.

I expected Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Vidya Editon, but it focused only on boring OCs and spent most of the movie in Candyland.
>>
File: planet of the banes musical.jpg (395 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
planet of the banes musical.jpg
395 KB, 1280x720
>>78051321

Baneposting is the best to happen to Batman in years.
>>
>>78053052
I'm gonna back down from your stance a little bit and say that it's the best thing to come out of the Nolan trilogy.
>>
>>78051321
She's a pretty good villain, yeah.
>>
>>78051321
TLAB is less exciting than LoK.
>>
File: 209a-_angry_candace.png (207 KB, 634x467) Image search: [Google]
209a-_angry_candace.png
207 KB, 634x467
Probably one of my most hated animated characters ever.

It actually surprised me when I found out people here like her. I mean, do they really or is it just waifu-fagging?
>>
>>78053718
Candace or Korra?
>>
>>78053876
Candace
>>
>>78053910
She's not likable at all though
>>
File: Korra & Beer.png (183 KB, 775x725) Image search: [Google]
Korra & Beer.png
183 KB, 775x725
>>78051321

I agree.
>>
>>78053928
Yeah. I find her to be a very grating, annoying character. She isn't fun to watch and her speaking voice is like nails on a calkboard. (Her singing voice is fine.)
>>
>>78051321
Maybe. But that doesn't save the writing.
>>
>>78051321
>>78053939
I like her and i think shes great, but her story and "development" was disapointing at best and downright awful at worst.
>>
>>78051321
I like the show and I rewatched it a bunch of times but I can really never get a grasp on the illusive concept that is Korra's character development

Can you tell me what do you like about her character? Not starting up shit, actually intersted
>>
>>78051321
I thought a backwoods, physically-aggressive Avatar who gets shit done through coercion and force was a neat take on the character, as was getting to see her struggle with changing politics and modern technology.

Shame about all the other characters pretty much, the writers' obsession with teen romance, sloppy season finales, and their constant erasure of character development to facilitate drama.
>>
>>78054121
I mainly enjoyed her emotionality. We really get to see that in spite of her physical ability, she is emotionally and spiritually weak. Also, the end of season 3, and the beginning of 4 is one of the most realistic fictional depictions of depression I've ever seen.

I've always struggled with that sort of thing, so I guess she just clicks with me.
>>
File: Ghyi9nL.jpg (41 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Ghyi9nL.jpg
41 KB, 540x960
>Clone High is overrated
Not bad, mind you, just not as good as /co/ says it is.

>out of Seth McFarlane's three animated series, The Cleveland show is by far the worst

>Camp Lazlo was pretty good, the only reason it doesn't get the praise it deserves is because it's constantly compared to Rocko

>Tom and Jerry is shit and Jerry is the most unlikable cunt in television history

>Space Jam should've been the Looney Tunes' last hurrah and never used again

And finally
>the MCU being somewhat comedic is why it's succeeding the way it is
I'm not saying every other line needs to be a snarky quip (thanks Joss!) but being able to look at your own movie and say "This is a movie about people in tights punching aliens, shit is fucking silly" is what makes these movies work, what makes them feel real. People deal with surreal situations with comedy, that's just how we function, ask anyone who's been through combat in the Marines/navy/air force/etc.
>>
>>78053718
I don't hate her. She's fine in her role as winy antagonist and sometimes-ally. She's not supposed to "likable", she's supposed to fit that role.
>>
File: Korra Days.png (261 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Korra Days.png
261 KB, 900x900
>>78054121

I like the fact that she is a total loser. I know that it was totally unintentional character trait but she is so unlucky, hotheaded, shortsighted and dim that she just fails at everything. Her intentions are good and she clearly tries to do her best but that just isn't enough. To err is human, and thus she is very human and very relateable character.

Korra is kinda like Tomoko from WataMote, you either like her despite (or because) of her constant bumbling or you hate her because of it. Of course, Tomoko is ineffectual because that is the point of her whole series while Korra is ineffectual because of bad writing.
>>
>>78054232
I wish they had been more consistent with her physical ability. It was really annoying and sad to me that she got beat up as much as she did. I was fine with her problem in terms of a weak identity outside being the avatar and spiritually, that would have made for interesting arcs to focus on i just think the writers failed to do that.
>>
File: Korra Hat.jpg (40 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Korra Hat.jpg
40 KB, 848x480
>>78054443

Also her character design is pretty nice.
>>
>>78054232
yeah, I gotta agree that end of season 3 and whole season 4 was the best written as far as her character goes
(except the stupid "oh god we have to give her a love interest but we ran out of them, ok let's just make her fall in lesbians with Asami at the last second, except we can't actually show them doing anything romantic on screen" thing)

I guess it's season 1 and 2 that really messes up a picture as whole - you don't feel like she grows or progresses to anywhere

The fact that all her friends are boring and not fleshed out at all is also doesn't help
>>
>>78054447
Her villains were way too OP and thus she looked like a chump

>>78054443
I also loved that aspect of the show but at the end of the day it is unintentional and just a bad writing
>tfw it was intentional
>tfw when the name "Legend of Korra" was ironic
>>
>>78051321
Young Justice was a better show than Justice League/Unlimited combined.
>>
>>78054626
>Her villains were way too OP and thus she looked like a chump
Honestly i don't think they were. Sure Amon was OP as fuck, but the Red Lotus or Kuvira? They're just good benders, the thing that Korra was supposed to excel at. And i'm not even sure if Unalaq was that OP, he was a super powered waterbender and thats it. I feel like Korra should have beaten anyone (except Amon) handily in a physical confrontation, but because of writers fiat she wasn't allowed to. The best of the fights was probably the Zaheer one, because it felt like he was doomed if she ever caught him, that just also had a disapointing end because Korra had to be bailed out by the airbenders.
>>
>>78054717
yeah, now then I think about it I agree -
except for Amon and Vaatu, all others should've been very hard and engaging battles, but battles she wins and thus shows how strong she is and "proving" how she doesn't need emotional and spiritual training and THEN fight Amon, loose her bending, have a crisis (like the one she had in book 4) and learn the spiritual stuff defeat Amon and in the end face Vaatu, the ultimate challenge and a mirror of her former destructive self

But again it's really easy to rewrite the show, that creators originally thought is going to be just one season and then were confirmed for 4, then reconfirmed during season 2 and rereconfirmed by the end of it.
>>
>>78054248
It actually felt to me like they were trying to get us to like or care about Candace despite her being a "whiny antagonist" or that she'd sometimes be rewarded for her trouble despite having selfish intentions or spending the entire episode being a rancid bitch or being a shit ally who keeps fucking everything up.

Like she'd fail to bust the boys, but then Jeremy would show up and do something nice for her immediately after or she'd get validated in way somehow despite not doing anything to deserve it.
Or when she's having relationship troubles or some kind of problem, we're supposed to root for her. For example. in Mission Marvel she keeps continuously keeping the boys from being able to give the supers their powers back, and yet we're supposed to feel BAD for her when Phineas justifiably tells her to fuck off?

TL;DR: I think she WAS intended to be likable and they did a shit job of it.
>>
>>78055095
I'm not sure that she needs to prove she doesn't need emotional or spiritual growth, i just think that she shouldn't need it to beat the bad guys, afterall fighting is supposed to be her speciality.

For instance Kuvira could have been an amazing opponent due to her leading a country that loves her. Or Unalaq because he knows more about spiritual matters than her. But when it comes down to fighting i think she should be able to beat them (after a hard and interesting fight ofc.) Then maybe deal with the fact that beating them didn't really solve the underlying issue.

With Unalaq for instance (assuming there is a problem with humans and spirits), she can beat him, but that doesn't change the relationship between humans and spirits.
>>
Wakfu is overrated

Camp Lazlo is underrated

Flapjack is genuinely amazing for the most part, even if the art style can be inconsistent at times.

Stop motion is the best kind of animation but apart from Aardman and Laika nobody really gets it right, and even they aren't always as good as they could be (Boxtrolls would've been better if they'd just adapt the book it was based on more closely).
>>
>>78054232
>Also, the end of season 3, and the beginning of 4 is one of the most realistic fictional depictions of depression I've ever seen.
Found the retard.
>>
>>78055449
>Camp Lazlo is underrated

Finally, someone else that thinks so
>>
>>78055476
Show me a better one
>>
>>78051321
Bryan... go to sleep.
>>
>>78055500
Robotman in Morrison's Doom Patrol, out of /co/ stuff alone
>>
>>78055500
It wasn't good to begin with so how can I show you a better one?
>>
File: MarcelinePresentation.png (256 KB, 1382x2136) Image search: [Google]
MarcelinePresentation.png
256 KB, 1382x2136
I don't like Marceline.
Her personality is boring teenage rebel number 7893 but she's kewwl cuz she plays bass guitar and doesn't like her dad!
Her voice is also incredibly grating to me for some reason.

I feel like people like her for these two reasons only: either
1. You want to fuck her
or
2. You identify her because you're also a dumb teenage girl that hates her dad but you're totally different because you like music
>>
>>78054508
>end of season 3 and whole season 4 was the best written as far as her character goes
end of S03? you might as well get any moment when she is not talking and say it is some kind of development if your standards are so low.

S04 she was the same cunt that does whatever people tell her to do and thinks strength will solve everything. Hell, it starts with her trying to get good at punching, in the middle we have her fighting Kuvira because people told her to, and in the end we have her trying to maintain moral highground against an opponent she doesn't even know why she is fighting against.
>>
>>78055601
Pretty much, her biggest upside is that without her we wouldn't have Hunson (such a shame he only got offhand mentions after season 4, unless I missed something in 6 since I gave up on the show for a while) and that the other vampires in Stakes had cool designs. I liked the Farmworld version, though.
>>
>>78055627
Not him, but I'm blown the fuck away by how retarded you are. Not even going to try to explain why you're wrong. Also, you suck.
>>
>>78055565
Pretty easily
>>
Season 1 of AT is massively overrated, 2-4 were the best ones. 5 has a lot of decent episodes. It's mostly the general failure of season 6 and second half of 5 that made the show unwatchable, not going away from the season 1 formula. Season 1 was inferior to Flapjack, too.
>>
>>78055712
Nothing by Hartman is worth paying attention to. Including his Spider-Man fanfiction with ghosts which totally aren't ghosts.
>>
>>78055700
AT season 2 is the best in my opinion.
Season 1 has some top tier episodes, but they were still getting the characters and tone down.
>>
>>78055746
No, I just dislike his style all around. He's not the worst, but most of his ideas are just so damn unappealing. And he has one of the most irritating fanbases on /co/ which almost entirely resolves around waifus, usually combined with /d/ worthy fetish shit.

Fear not, as fast as that Loud House thing hits, his fans will be outmatched by something even worse.
>>
>>78052998
I actually think Who Framed Roger Rabbit is less interesting of a film and I kinda hate the fact that its core premise will never be done justice after being wasted by both its source material and its adaptation.
>>
Flame Princess was the worst addition to AT prior to Betty and Breezy
>>
>>78055601
She was much more interesting earlier on as an antagonist, or at least back when she was more mischievous and chill.
She lost all of her edge as the show went on. Now she's just a generic teen and whiny as fuck.
>>
i honestly like her mini in howard and her part on the special
>>
>>78055601
I liked her as an older bad girl that flirts with the MC and gets him trouble. Basically, how she was in "Go With Me.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (40 KB, 269x254) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
40 KB, 269x254
>>78055830
did I hurt your feelings regarding FOP genderbend harem fanfiction, anon?
>>
>>78055688
Okay. Season one Lisa.
>>
>>78055500
Why? Korra didn't depict depression at all. Korra had a adolescent tantrum and ran away from home. That's not depression, retard.
>>
>>78055449
>>78055483

Can't disagree there.

>>78053718

I don't mind her. It's just the show's narrative gymnastics to keep her as this high-strung whiny antagonist that nobody should take seriously get grating and sort of makes it a stressful watch for what's otherwise a pretty pleasant show.
>>
I think Hal Jordan is either the best or luckiest major DC character, because despite being around since the 60's, he's never had an arc that I'd consider worse than above average.
>>
>>78055700
>Season 1 was inferior to Flapjack, too.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>78055449
Canp Lazlo was just not good. Might as well call Squirrel Boy underrated.
>>
>>78055868
I guess I can see that, though that still doesn't appeal to me at all.
>>
>>78055874
You aren't contributing anything to the thread other than poorly trying to bait a fanbase that probably doesnt even exist here anymore. Get lost, Zach.
>>
>>78055880
>physically disabled
>won't eat
>pushes away friends
>resistance to physical therapy

That's depression, faggot. Then she overcame it and left home.
>>
File: wpid-unbreakable.jpg (151 KB, 696x1048) Image search: [Google]
wpid-unbreakable.jpg
151 KB, 696x1048
>>78051321
This is the greatest Superhero film ever made desu.
I'm not sure /Co/ thinks of it though
>>
>>78055955
>Every physically disabled person is depressed

Strike one

>Everyone who doesn't eat is depressed

Strike two

>People who want to be alone are depressed

Strike three

You're out! Also she was up on her feet before she ran away so the therapy worked. Her condition was less depression and more PTSD with a side of angst.
>>
>>78053052
>>78053082
It's certainly the best the to come out of /tv/
>>
>>78051321
stupid idiot
>>
I haven't liked the recent episodes of Gravity Falls, but the unicorn one was good.

FoP New girl is cute and I'm going to watch for her.

Star vs finale was kinda shit.
>>
>>78054492
You're thinking with your dick Jim.
>>
>>78056141
>Star vs is kinda shit.

ftfy
it does have its merits and the animation, despite the changes made early on, is still pretty nice, but let's be honest, most of the praise it gets is the same few people circlejerking over a new waifu
>>
>>78054121
I like how she's strong and aggressive. There are so many protagonist s that take a back seat to fighting and just spit out high school philosophy that iTs refreshing when she just wants to punch.

Then in later seasons, she found more of a balance between her hot blooded nature and being a diplomatic person like the avatars is meant to be.

Aside from her PMS in S2 I cannot think of a reason to not like her.
>>
>>78056050
No, it's all those things combined.

She went from one of the best fighters in the world to unable to walk, when she's also basically god incarnate. That's depressing.

She stopped eating because she was depressed. That's what depressed people do. They stop taking care of themselves.

She stopped talking to her closest friends. Why? BECAUSE SHE WAS FUCKING DEPRESSED. She couldn't deal with that shit!

Maybe you shouldn't talk about what you obviously don't know shit about, fucking stupid cocksucker.
>>
>>78056276
>She went from one of the best fighters in the world
Zaheer wasn't the best fighter in the world. And no it ain't depressing orople people lose all the damn time.

>She stopped eating because she was depressed. That's what depressed people do.

No they don't. People don't stop eating for various reasons not just depression.

>She stopped talking to her closest friends. Why? BECAUSE SHE WAS FUCKING DEPRESSED

You're obviously someone who's never been depressed un your fucking life or you were an angsty teenager growing up, either way you're wrong.
>>
>>78056194
>it's only popular because of waifus
Is a pretty shit criticism quite honestly.
Look how many times it's been used in this thread alone for little effect. It's like crying wolf here.
>>
>>78056452
>Look how many times it's been used in this thread alone for little effect.
Its working quite well considering the responses.
>>
>>78051321
Maybe if you hate women. I hate women and think Korra makes good cautionary tale about what happens when you put them in position of authority.

Seriously though. It's not that she's bad by design. It's that she's not well-written and neither are events around her. She never overcomes her flaws and never properly suffer because of inability to overcome them, she just blunder into resolution when time for happy ending comes.
>>
File: 1449661137793.png (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449661137793.png
76 KB, 500x500
Gravity Falls has the most endearing sibling relationship I've ever seen in fiction.
>>
>>78056507
Too bad all this was unintentional, had Korra being shit became the crux of the show it would have been the Evangelion of our time but instead she's just some dumb bitch from a shitty show.
>>
I want to see more stories regarding homosexuality in comics/cartoons, especially for kids.

OGTW was overrated, and I wanted to fucking kill Greg.
>>
>>78056725
It used to be before Mabel started overindulging and exploiting Dip beyond all reason.
>>
>>78056380
idiot
>>
>>78056725
I think Ford was right to cut off Stan from his life and I think Dipper should do the same to Mabel.
>>
>>78055687
>Not even going to try to explain why you're wrong
that's not how you say "i cannot explain"
>>
File: ss+(2015-08-24+at+02.13.21).jpg (33 KB, 191x392) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-08-24+at+02.13.21).jpg
33 KB, 191x392
She's hotter with horns.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.