[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your own street leveler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: asm2vfx-131[1].jpg (45 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
asm2vfx-131[1].jpg
45 KB, 768x433
So I've always been interested in hierarchy of powers. If you look at it, all powers tend to descend from a few absolutes into niches or limited versions of their power. One example is molecular control. As you get away from it, you get shape shifting, which can descend into themes (animals only, people only, etc.) or becoming stretching/shrinking. And I think that's were a lot of fun begins because you can have a hero with a medley of powers that work together pretty well. The easiest example that comes to mind is Spider-Man. He has a little bit of super strength, a little bit of speed, throw in some wall crawling, and spidey senses and you got a nice batch that works together really well, but still doesn't make for a god-like character (though he is sort of on the outskirts of street leveler).

So with that in mind, what kind of street leveler would you be? Describe their powerset. Keep in mind, this is a person that could probably beat someone 1v1 pretty easily, maybe even a group, but if shit went down and the government started cracking down and bringing heavy artillery, ideally this hero would be way out of their league.

Want to go one step further?

What would you actually be doing? Like for my friend, he had a basic guy with limited pyrokinesis, and that was it. Pretty dangerous 1v1 unarmed and stuff, but if someone brought guns, he'd be in trouble really quick. Plus since he was describing himself, it's not like he has superhuman agility or some genius level intellect. So he wasn't even sure about any vigilante stuff. He was thinking of using it for charming ladies. But anyway, that's just an example I wanted to throw in there to clarify things.
>>
>>78044987

Another example I remembered was that a guy described something akin to tactile telekinesis. He can touch something and then levitate it. But it had a lot of concentration limitations that made it pretty weak. Still not someone you wanted to get into a fist fight with. Regardless, he said he wouldn't do any crime fighting, but rather just enjoy being an awesome magician.
>>
The power to make people piss and shit themselves uncontrollably in a radius of say 100 ft.
Now you think, just because someone shitting themselves wouldnt stop them from say firing a gun at you.
No, I am talking about gut wrenching bowel cleansing anus rupturing shits that leaves people crying in the fetal position praying to the porcelain gods that they end their pain with a mighty flush.
A sniper far away or a tactical missile could easily take you down because your still human, but you would still be a true horror walking into a room of your enemies.
>>
>>78045264

Since this is the only response so far...

How much control do you have over making people shit themselves? Is it easy to control? Do all targets within the radius get it. Can you select easily between them if you have friends nearby?
>>
>>78045349
No fine tune control. Either you dont have diarrhea from hell or you do.
Affects everyone in the radius. Friendly Fire is an issue. However, the user wont shit themselves.
Gotta give the powers some "flaws"
>>
>>78045380

Alright fair enough. You don't have to give it flaws if you don't want to. You just gotta keep it at street leveler. Hey, let me ask, humans only or all beings with urinary/digestive tracks?
>>
>>78045433
Beings with digestive tracks that have to excrete waste. Animals, aliens that consume food and expel waste. However, beings that consume energy/matter/food and do not expel waste are immune.
>>
>>78044987
>outskirts of street leveler

Proportional strength of a spider is not "little bit of super strength," and essentially being a pre-cog makes it unfair.

Spidey is treated as street level because it makes his stories more interesting. His powers actually taken to full extent and he's kind of pretty ridiculous.
>>
Speed. Not Flash-tier, not even on the same level as Quicksilver - a bit faster than Cap, who is peak human, should be enough. Probably something you can't "turn off" but the difference won't really matter. Enough to give you a slight edge, not enough to ruin your life. Maybe you talk a bit faster than most people or have choppy gestures. And metabolism, can't forget about food.
>>
>>78045598
Here some ideas
>Snort cocaine, achieve temporary super speed
>get drunk, slow down to normal speed
>sex would suck becuase you finish too fast
>die faster because faster metabolism and no speedforce plot armor
>>
>>78045471

Is the power reliant on how much waste you have in you? Like someone who had an enema, hasn't eaten much, and hasn't drank much, resulting in very little waste stand a better chance?

>>78045512

That's fine. His purpose wasn't meant to showcase a streetleveler anyway. It was meant to showcase limited versions of absolute powers and how they can make for interesting dynamics in lower level heroes.

>>78045598

That's pretty good. Just to make sure things don't go off the edge, not that you are doing it, but just to throw that out there for any other future responses, you don't have to add some inherent weakness/kryptonite to your powerset. They can just be limited versions. Cap level speed that come from increased metabolism is great example.

>>78045644

Though I have to say, I do like how these things can interplay with the powers and a small boost/penalty. That would make for some fun.
>>
>>78045719
>Is the power reliant on how much waste you have in you?
No as youre body is trying to evacuate anything in you even if you dont have things to excrete thus your in butthole hell. However, having things TO excrete just makes the situatuation "shittier"
>>
I played in a ttrpg a while ago centred around Street level characters taking on the triads in Hong-Kong.
The party had
>A junkie who's power to fire objects he touched with his palms at extreme speed stemmed from a special drug
>A zombie killed by the mob concrete-shoe style, who got so mad he came back to life and loaded up with guns
>A mad tourist with the powers of gravity manipulation who was totally indifferent to property damage
>An origami master with superhuman speed who wanted to take back his town
Game was fun as hell, and I personally enjoyed it way more than any high level bullshit we've done.
>>
>>78045788
>>A junkie who's power to fire objects he touched with his palms at extreme speed stemmed from a special drug
With that power, he could turn the rifle in his pants into a .50 cal.
Superhero Codename: Harry-Palms
>>
>>78045774

So you'd have terrible gut wrenching intestinal cramping? As much of a joke people might seem, that honestly would sound terrifying. I can already see the name:

The Brown Note

Which comes from that phony resonance that supposedly made people crap themselves.

>>78045788

Yeah, it makes for some fun shit, and I think it goes back to the hierarchy. Once you start getting closer to the top, things become easier, power usage tends to become more bland.
>>
>>78045823
>The Brown Note
Maybe make the character Indian. Poo in loo
>>
File: mmm.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mmm.png
12 KB, 500x500
>>78044987
Spider-Man isn't street level anymore, and when he was it was never because of his powerset. But I get what you mean.

Anyway if I were to be a street hero I would want air manipulation. Good for non-lethal take downs, group fights, maneuverability, travel, etc. Not to mention it can get crazy powerful with compressed blasts and on-the-spot tornadoes. I would also want a healing factor, obviously.
>>
>>78045978

Hmm what limit would air manipulation have on it? Because without a limit, you could ascend street tier pretty quick. Would it cap out at like tiny 10ft tornadoes or something? Where would you cap it?
>>
>>78046009
The limit would be exertion. I could make big tornadoes but I wouldn't be able to maintain them and it would waste my energy.
>>
>>78046074
>Be next to hot chick in short skirt
>Let out a silent but deadly fart
>Still air means lingering smell
>Panic mode engaged
>use wind powers to blow it downwind
>wind lifts the girls skirt a little
>>
>>78046074

We talking like this big? If so, would they just be momentary?
>>
File: th-16.jpg (28 KB, 293x300) Image search: [Google]
th-16.jpg
28 KB, 293x300
I'd have elasticity powers, and use my arms like grappling cables. I'd probably end up completely dehumanized like Ultimate Reed
>>
>>78046103
Further proof that air powers are best.

>>78046116
>We talking like this big?
No, that would be closer to weather manipulation. I meant like 30-50 ft.
>>
>>78046238

Ahh ok, that is pretty reasonable. They'd be like the tornadoes you pull when you are doing a final stand sort of thing, and after that you are just completely exhausted.
>>
>>78046227

You'd be the thing of nightmares. Imagine walking up to this dead at night.
>>
File: Hmmm.png (4 KB, 177x264) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm.png
4 KB, 177x264
Just kept hitting the random button until I came upon something that seemed suitably street-level.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Amplification

So my power would be to effectively reduce the defenses of anyone that I "mark". This would allow me to punch slightly above my weight class, as enemies with low-level durability would effectively be reduced to normal. But in order to really shine I'd probably need to be paired up with another street leveler with some kind of offensive power, or even just by cooperating with law enforcement. Maybe a villain that is normally bulletproof suddenly finds they're not so invulnerable and can be brought down by the cops, or at the very least driven off.
>>
>>78044987
>he had a basic guy with limited pyrokinesis
This is actually the basis I used for my character in DCUO. He rounded out his powers with some baseline pyromancy.

He's by no means a "super hero" but has benefits of two disciplines but is susceptible to pretty much any mind with a greater grasp on psychokinesis especially cryokenesis.
>>
Wraith was basically your average boy from downtown NY, until he got stabbed. He got reanimated in an ambulance, that got hit by lightning.

He has intangibility, low-level telekinesis, invisibility and levitation. He's a mix of both low-level Danny Phantom and Nightwing.
>>
>>78046624
Spooooooooooooky
>>
>>78046499

I actually forgot all about supports. Yeah that'd do great for team-ups against people higher up on the power chain. Maybe if someone with luke cage like powers went on a rampage, you could yeah up with another street leveler to tale him down.

>>78046593
Yeah limited pyrokinesis is a fun tidbit to have. It it's pretty useful just for daily things, and if you got into an encounter, you could stand up for yourself.
>>
>>78046624

Hmm, can he keep the intangibility on forever, or does it wear him out? And I'd it gets worn out, do the other powers suffer too?
>>
>>78045264
>I am talking about gut wrenching bowel cleansing anus rupturing shits that leaves people crying in the fetal position praying to the porcelain gods that they end their pain with a mighty flush.

I just had one of those before.

That was your doing wasn't it?
>>
>>78046704
The intangibility does run out. He can walk through walls and stuff but thats about it. Its like a muscle he can train but it has limits
>>
Someone who can change the texture of any surface they have within their vision. Texture change ranges from close to fictionless up to rougher than a brick wall (climbable by an experienced rock climber). The user has to maintain eye contact with the surface so blinking does revert the effect for a moment.
>>
Something like Elekctro but obviously weaker.

My body is like a generator and battery in one. My cells and muscles produce and store electricity like an electric eel but I can also absorb electricity to charge myself. Though no big amounts all at once, that would be dangerous like to any other human. The output from a normal household socket would be the maximum. No tapping into powerplants or lightning or anything like that
At full charge I could create a lightning bolt comparable to natural lightning bolts but that would almost completely drain me. Gotta be careful how much I discgarge at any given time.
At 0 charge and without outside help it would take my body around 24 hours to fully charge.
>>
GET A JOB
E
T

A

J
O
B
>>
Something I've always thought of for a Superhero setting was a sniper. Not a bullshit Sniper like Deadshot or Deathstroke with the artillery of a small army, someone who works best when no one has any idea they're there. Uses various nonlethal ammo, if need be, a great shot even from miles away, but is only OK at hand to hand combat.

Basically, they'll ruin some mobster's day if no one sees them coming, but the instant they're found out they have to run and fight again another day.
>>
hmmm, nice topic. well, there's two ideas I like quite a lot:
1. touch-induced hallucination and > basically touching someone leads them to a state in which they hallucinate while also triggering the reward pathway in the brain. Basically, intense pleasure while tripping out. I would, basically, use it with my friends and lovers; I believe it would induce different reactions everytime because the hallucinations would be a combo of the experiences and fantasies of both involved. And you change with every experience you have, so...

2.To create a space and manipulate everything that is inside of it. Like Law, from One Piece. It would mean that helicopters with guns aren't particularly scary, but snipers are, since you aren't aware of them, and other enhanced guys could easily beat you, since you are a regular human with an average reaction time.
>>
Morally grey street level telepath
Mental attacks, cause people to hear voices, fear inducing hallucinations, weak short range telekenetic abilities. Which he uses to make himself look stronger and jumper higher
>>
>>78046773
Sometimes I can take the from of Indian food
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.