[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So When will Old DCU return co?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: line8-25-1.jpg (94 KB, 620x539) Image search: [Google]
line8-25-1.jpg
94 KB, 620x539
So when will old DCU come back?

After the rushing of BvS fails?

After there is nothing but bat books LEFT?

Bob Harras fired?
>>
File: Tim_Drake_New_52.jpg (38 KB, 250x470) Image search: [Google]
Tim_Drake_New_52.jpg
38 KB, 250x470
>>78044747
closet thing we got was Convergence, Flash was great. but anything involving Tim, Cass, and Steph was trash.
best thing you can do is accept it, at least Steph and Cass are back...
but Tim is fucked forever, nuTim is nothing like him at all, i just wish they'd give him a new costume. Swan Queen fucking disgusts me
>>
>>78044747
>So when will old DCU come back?
Never

You can have an extra Superman and an extra Hal Jordan and that's it
>>
>>78044747
>So when will old DCU come back?
Never
>After the rushing of BvS fails?
It won't
>After there is nothing but bat books LEFT?
Plenty, stuff like Omega Men and Midnighter, and the Bat Books are way better and more varied than they were in the last few years of the pre-New52 outside of Morrisons stuff.
>Bob Harras fired?
I wish
>TimxSteph
Trash
>>
>>78044747
When will faggots stop pretending that the New 52 hasn't breathed life into DC creatively and that any good writer just writes the characters like they were before the reboot?
>>
>>78044952
All they really have to do is give him a normal cape again and not the condom head.
>>
>>78044952
Convergence Flash was pretty mediocre. Just Barry dicking around with Tangent Superman and a lot of nothing otherwise.
>>
he meant the Wally West one I think.
>>
>>78044747
Shouldn't that panel on the far right be on the left?

Also, you had your chance with Convergence, but not enough people bought it.
>>
>>78044747
The entire universe?
Never

Very select groups?
Already happening

Go read some comics
>>
>>78044747
>BvS
>Failing
Boy are you delusional
>>
File: VITE.png (1 MB, 998x605) Image search: [Google]
VITE.png
1 MB, 998x605
The only thing that I really miss is Wally West.

Overall, you guys need to let it go, and acceot that the reboot and New 52 foward was a great improvement. These days DC have a lot of interesting/diverses books to pick from, and a solid team of writters and artitsts, with space to grow.
>>
>when will the old DCU come back.
Hopegully never. It was a fun place while it lasted but you can't deny it was stagnating.
>>
>>78044747

It's never coming back. They are only going to retcon and modify stuff to become similar to the old continuity at places, just like they after enough time from CoIE had passed, but you will never have a 100% carbon copy of the post-CoIE DCU. Still whining about the old continuity is just childish.
>>
>>78044747
>After there is nothing but bat books LEFT?

I love this complaint. Batman has had multiple titles for literally decades with a consistent popularity in terms of being the top selling books of DC, yet you faggots keep whining about it like it's the end of the world every year.
>>
Right after they bring back pre-Crisis
>>
Never I hope, I like many DC books right now.
>>
>>78048893
Fuck pre-crisis, I'm still waiting to return to the golden age

Forget all this "justice league" nonsense
>>
>>78045050
It took years of pounding in the media post-reboot before DC finally became somewhat good creatively. It's nothing that really required a complete reboot.
>>
>>78048942
>we didn't need a reboot
We did tho. Almost every story worth telling in the old DCU was told.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 900x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 900x471
Eh. Times change. They don't really need to bring it back to be honest.

DC's fine quality wise now after the expected growing pains of rebooting. Good writers will write good stories that will stick. Bad writers will write bad stories that will be retconned later. Same as the old universe.

Characters will grow older and turn closer into their old universe selves as a wink and nod. Old universe characters will appear for nostalgia (Lois and Clark).

There's always been a NOT MUH contingent. Nightwing instead of Robin?! NOT MUH DICK GRAYSON. Batman instead of Nightwing?! NOT MUH DICK GRAYSON. Agent 13 instead of Nightwing?! NOT MUH DICK GRAYSON.

Might as well stick with the current universe and let new writers and artists write new stories for a new audience. Not like anyone's taking the older books away from people.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.