[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will he ever be done properly in live action?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Green_goblin2.jpg (169 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
Green_goblin2.jpg
169 KB, 295x378
Will he ever be done properly in live action?
>>
>>78036475
you didnt like him in the first movie? fuck, i did
i mean i like Link outfits as much as the next guy but the armored suit was awesome, and the mask was just stylized enough to be cool without being too ridonks. though the question of where he had it made does kind of bear asking
>>
Yes. It's called Spider-man the movie.
>>
File: 3756c.jpg (77 KB, 425x503) Image search: [Google]
3756c.jpg
77 KB, 425x503
>Implying this motherfucker wasn´t amazing

His acting was superb. My only complain is about the helmet. The exoskeleton was nice, but the helmet was ridiculous.

Damn, Spiderman and Spiderman 2 villains got great actors who and characterization that didn´t dissapoint. If only Marvel Studios did the same with Ultron.
>>
>>78036475
you mean the suit?at some point it will but will you be alive to see it?probably not.
>>
>>78036565
It fucking sucked.
The conversation with the mask was fucking awful. He should have been standing and having a loud enraged argument with it, not fucking bawing at it and crawling on the floor.
And you fucking know what.
They should have used practical effects and made it so that the green goblin formula made him mutate instead of just being a mask.

Him arguing with his reflection in the mirror and it not being personified by a simple mask would have been great.

Would have made Nicholsons Joker look like a fucking joke.
>>
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A NIGHT OUT ON THE TOWN YOU JUST FOUND ME.
>>
>>78037779
You don't read comics.
The smug, confident and diabolical Osborn is a result of the Green Goblin, he was even KIND of a nice person before that.
There was no reason for him to have a loud argument with the Goblin if the scene was about the passing away of old Osborn.
The suit was shit but the character was on point.

That said
FINISH IT
FINISH IT
>>
>>78037779
haha, >>78037964 made you eat shit.
>>
>>78038631
>>78037964
The suit was shit, and the character fucking failed because OSBORN HAS ALWAYS HAD THAT SIDE TO HIM.
The serum only brought to the surface the kind of monster that he's barely been able to keep under wraps for most of his life.
It basically created two sides to his already fucked up personality, the mostly assholish but was able to sort of keep it under control osborn, and osborn without any restraint and all of his darker impulses.

The latter is who he should have been in an argument with and had struggles against.

And in the comics NOW he didn't defeat the goblin nor did osborn die. The only way to stop it was for osborn to accept that he was the goblin and fuse their personalities together.
>>
Why do you care so much about live-action? Comics did him just fine.
>>
File: RZ02_Creep_costume.gif (175 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
RZ02_Creep_costume.gif
175 KB, 576x720
>>78036565
It was a Power Rangers costume or stock 1960s robot, if you're not 8 it's not cool nor is it the least bit threatening or scary

>>78036858
I don't think Dafoe made a good Norman at all...is he a good actor? Yeah, but he just isn't a good fit for me. He would make a better Joker.

>>78036578
The Raimi movies are pure shit. I know campfags have a hard on for that kind of crap, but just no...
>>
>>78038786
I'm sure there must be some story where he always had that side to him, but I never read any canon one.
Original Goblin wasn't a costume, his skin turned green and he would return without even remembering what he had done.
The comics always made this point that is the goblin that makes people insane quite clear.
Ben Urich's nephew, the new Green Goblin, later turned into new Hobgoblin was made insane by literally wearing Osborn's mask. Any similarities?

Osborn is not Lex Luthor, he is not a criminal genius, an infallible mastermind, he's just batshit insane. His genius comes 100% from his insanity.
>>
>>78039633
>>78037964
PS: I don't like any of the Spiderman movies.
>>
File: chameleon.png (70 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
chameleon.png
70 KB, 166x166
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.