[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So...why did he die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: Darwin.jpg (12 KB, 200x242) Image search: [Google]
Darwin.jpg
12 KB, 200x242
So...why did he die?
>>
>>78035066
#To_Black_To_Strong.
>>
His powers was adapting to anything, except that one thing.
>>
>>78035066
because systemic racism.
>>
>>78035066
Because that movie was VERY VERY poorly written and directed.

>power is to adapt
>scratch that it's to adapt to anything but having a small ball of laser very slowly dropped into his mouth

>can turn into diamond
>diamond that is easily broken by a brass bedpost
>>
He didn't. His power made his body transcend beyond a physical form so that Shaw wouldn't kill him.
>>
>>78035066
He adapted in the ultimate way possible, by writing himself out of a shit movie.
>>
in the comics he can't die, he can literally adapt to anything just like his powers suggest, even Death Godesses like Hel just cause him to adapt.

however, that doesn't mean he adapts to WIN, he adapts to survive, sometimes this means he'll adapt in a way that makes him able to win (ALA Hel where he gained godly powers) but sometimes he adapts and it merely lets him alone survive, ala, against Hulk, he simply adapted the ability to teleport away from him.

also it was pretty bullshit turning him black, he was one of the few hispanic hero's, let alone x-men.
>>
>>78035614
Sorry, there's a gradient of oppression and latinos just aren't dark enough.
>>
He's a black guy in a movie
>>
File: FEEEL_THE_POWEER.png (546 KB, 851x510) Image search: [Google]
FEEEL_THE_POWEER.png
546 KB, 851x510
>>78035066
It's fucking kevin bacon I don't have to explain shit.
>>
>>78035614
Can he die of old age?

Could you lock him in a cell? Is that how to beat him?
>>
>>78035387
>crystal shards are the same thing as diamonds
>>
>>78035993
no, and no.

he cannot die, nothing in the entire multiverse can kill him.

even the multiverse ending wouldn't kill him (and it didn't) this doesn't make him powerful, it just makes him the ultimate survivor.
>>
>>78036381
So how many characters is that now that will last until the end of the multiverse? Darwin, Mr Immortal and Butterball spring to mind
>>
>>78035066
Because our final team of minority analogues can't be anything other than white males.
>>
>>78036964
all 3 get to fight over who gets to be the next Galactus.
>>
>>78035066
because the ability to adapt doesn't mean you can not die, it just means you won't die as long as you can adapt fast enough
since he was quickly and constantly being showered with that radiation blast or whatever it was, i can't remember, he didn't had the time to adapt
>>
>>78035614
>sometimes he'll adapt in a way that makes him able to win (ALA Hel where he gained godly powers)
>but sometimes, ala, against Hulk, he simply adapted the ability to teleport away from him.
essentially he adapts as the writers desire for plot reasons.
Sometimes he adapts godly powers, other times HULK STRONGEST THERE IS NOBODY CAN BEAT HIM
I mean once he's developed godly powers there is no need for him to adapt out of them. He's done, he can survive anything now.
>>
>>78037630
well he did keep them, so you aren't exactly wrong.

>>78037511
actually in Darwin's case it does mean he literally cannot die.

nothing can kill him.
>>
>>78037437
Darwin wouldn't be a Big G because Galactus has to die at the end of the next multiverse and that is inherently against Darwin's powers.
>>
>>78035066
He adapted by abandoning his body and turning into a ghost
>>
>>78035066
Because he went up against a character I made up in the third grade who can absorb energy of any type from anything, is super bullet and laser proof, and can shoot balls of pure energy that would make Goku cry himself to sleep at night with feelings of inadequacy.
>>
>>78038106
Kek
>>
>>78038261
I made that character too!
>>
If his power was to adapt, then wy was he a black guy during the 60's?
>>
>>78038261
Shaw can be over loaded, you know that right?
>>
>>78035387
>>78035434
This is a shit meme. Before TWS, this was the best capeshit ever made.
>>
>>78038106
Having him appear in force ghost form would be funny
>>
>>78035614
Dat power creep.

Really, the responsible application of his power should just be to physically survive anything, rather than suddenly spawn new because lazy writing.
>>
>>78038413
He seems perfectly able to control it and he was absorbing power directly from a reactor with the intent of detonating an explosion that would start WW3, which he was planning on surviving. I mean he can absorb any type of energy, including the energy from just being on a hurtling chunk of space rock, yet he doesn't.
I guess that would also make him able to lift just about anything as well.
>>
>>78035434
This is single best comment I've seen about this movie
>>
>>78038688
Read the comics is my statement to you, Shaw is not infinite.
>>
>>78038406
Underrated comment
>>
Bad actor, needed him in just long enough to establish that a bunch of mutants were training together but not too long for him to start shitting things up.
>>
>>78038780
>Read the comics is my statement to you, Shaw is not infinite.
we are in a thread talking about why a character who has the power to survive was the first one to be killed off.
Obviously we are not talking about the comics.
The Shaw from the movie showed no such limitation.
>>
>>78036964
At least they can have company :D
>>
>>78038911
If your logic is true then Magneto couldn't have killed him no matter if Xavier stopped his mind.
>>
>>78035066
Because he was killed.
>>
>>78038967
Xavier stopped him from using his powers. Which is why he was taken down by a quarter through the head when he was completely bullet proof before and even took a missile to the face.

We are talking about the movie. Do you get it yet?
>>
I assumed he actually did survive, but survival required he turned into particles or something.

And maybe he has trouble putting himself back together or something nigga I dunno
>>
>>78036381
Fucking comics man.

How is it even a mutation at that point?
>>
>>78039080
There are times where he couldn't have used his powers and they are clearly passive like him being shot, he doesn't think faster than bullets so Xavier's shit shouldn't have worked so my larger point is why talk about the movie when the movie makes no sense.
>>
>>78039186
How is it not a mutation?
>>
>>78036381
So does that mean that he will become the next Galactus?
>>
File: 1363395439500.gif (347 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1363395439500.gif
347 KB, 256x192
>>78039196
>why talk about the movie when the movie makes no sense
That was the fucking point, you dense piece of shit.
>>
He survived and didn't wanna be bothered with that kind of shit anymore.
>>
>>78039413
No that was MY point to you you fuck.
>>
Well, most characters in cape movies seem to be considerably nerfed compared to their comic counterparts. So his power in the movie is much more limited.

I just figured getting weird energy shoved into his body was simply beyond his mutation's ability to cope with. It tried, hence why he turned into a metal-looking substance, but the energy was too intense for whatever his x-gene could manage and thus, boom.

I know his power is he adapts to survive, but that doesn't mean it's infinite.
>>
>>78038406
Shit that's a good question
>>
File: 200 million.gif (2 MB, 425x181) Image search: [Google]
200 million.gif
2 MB, 425x181
>>78038506
lmao familia, short of Magneto: Nazi Hunter scenes, First Class was awful
>>
>>78036964
>>78036381
Is the survival of these characters through Secret Wars something we're going to/have seen at all?
>>
>>78035066
White privilege.
>>
>>78035614
IIRC both of Darwin's parents are black. His dad is black hispanic and his mom is African American. He's more Miles Morales, less Victor Alvarez.
>>
>>78038867
You are fucking crazy. That actor was the standout of the new mutants.
>>
>>78035066
To give us more dank memes. Thank you based meme God, we don't deserve you.
>>
>>78036381
The movie wasn't wrong in that he could die, but you'd have to kill him fast enough that he couldn't adapt to what was happening. That laser they used on Worldbreaker Hulk probably could have done the job as long as they got his hole body in it and he hadn't been attacked by any other, lesser lasers for a while. It'd take something extremely broken like that though.

>>78035993
Locking him in the cell would work for a while, probably. He would quickly become comfortable and self sustaining in the cell, but probably wouldn't develop teleportation because no risk. However, he has situational benefit adaptaiton as well (they gave him an IQ test, he was smarter by the end of it). He'd start punching the wall eventually, and sooner or later he'd doomsday it, getting thicker and tougher hands and more strength to keep hitting the wall harder. It'd take him a while, but he'd get out.
>>
>>78036964
Layla Miller is immune to this kind of bullshit and David Haller and his girlfriend's positions are debatable.
>>
>>78038406
He actually does become white in the comics. PAD made a few jokes about that.
>>
>>78035674
/thread
>>
File: 1335421474430.jpg (40 KB, 318x269) Image search: [Google]
1335421474430.jpg
40 KB, 318x269
>>78038406
Shit
>>
>>78039044
People don't always die when they are killed
>>
>>78039934
>considerably nerfed compared to their comic counterparts.
Movies would be stupid if they weren't.
>>
>>78036964
Probably Franklin
>>
File: 1399870286991.jpg (60 KB, 350x448) Image search: [Google]
1399870286991.jpg
60 KB, 350x448
>>78035066
they needed a "red shirt" character to show the Big Bads meant business and they knew they'd get the least amount of butthurt over it for a character that wasnt even in the comics?
>>
>>78041552
>for a character that wasnt even in the comics?
Good joke
>>
How in the FUCK did Matthew Vaughn not get raked over the coals for this? He's literally the only black character in the movie. It's the "black guy dies first" stereotype played completely straight. Were there just not many SJWs when this movie was released?
>>
>>78041677
Because most sci-fantasy is actively hostile to the presence of black people and most know that a black person is more then likely going to die or be written out, so most are prepared for it.
But when a black person gets a good place and interesing characterization in a series it instantly gets a major thumbs up.
>>
Did it matter? The whole cast was slaughtered off screen in DoF anyway, except people that had to be in future movies and Havok, only because they implied he's Cyclops father and he couldn't die for continuity reasons.
>>
>>78035066
"Stop invincible son."
>>
>>78041677
The one black guy will always die in every movie. It's notable when it doesn't happen. Everyone is aware of it. I really don't know why people don't criticize writers when they do it now because it's such the cheap thing to do.
>>
>>78035066
The amount of black character is just too damn high in First Class. Plus, black died first.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.