[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ I challange you to make a good villains origin story you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: 573185.jpg (252 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
573185.jpg
252 KB, 1600x900
/co/ I challange you to make a good villains origin story

you can't
>>
Easiest shit on the book.
Please.
>>
>>78035017
humanity is doomed, I am the villain
>the only part of the villain you need
>>
One day the villain was tricked into sucking a guy's penis and now he's out for revenge against humanity.
>>
There's this guy who wants an equation to curbstomp free will across the multiverse.
>>
Virgin finally fed up with not getting laid loses it and starts killing people.
>>
>>78035017
>be me
>make an invention
>gonna sell it for major money to the millitary
>trust someone to move it, or something
>they steal it and try to leave me pennyless
>i get my prototype
>sneek in to get my project back
>the theif that stole my project confrots me
>i touch the basterd
>the posion kills him
>get out with my invention
>realise i could get away with this and could have some fun, but i cant sell my invention or they will find out

Call me "posion grip"
1 touch and your dead
>>
>>78035175
Call them "The virgin killer"

"The supereme gentileman"
>>
Promising student with a history of mental illness is withheld treatment and unwittingly used in inhumane social experiments by an asshole professor. One day, he snaps and leaves society all together, using his powers to anonymously spread fear throughout the populace to influence change on a civilization he views as flawed
>>
>>78035017
A obese trans-ze/hir otherkin pan-religious depressed collage student student gets called ridiculous on tumblr so ze gets huge and stronk and goes around kill cis white ableist scum.
It thinks it's a hero.
>>
File: 48942893483.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
48942893483.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
Yes? No?
>>
>>78035395
>be me
>be echologist fucker because biowepons killed half of my city/village/city-block whatever
>infiltrate bio wepon semi secret facility to destroy/steal and destroy data of said bio wepon
>get discovered while stealing/misshandle said biowepon
>biowepon is a neuromorphic virus that destroys, consumes and recombines the host taking his memory in full (becoming or beliving to have become the host itself)
>the virus gave me (choose a power from) superstrenght/morphogenic &regenerative abilityes/destructive energy (of varius kind) generation/ all of the previous combined
>be a good guy for a while
>realize i'm actually just the virus with the memory of the previous host
>undergo psycological crysis
>realize to be as alone as a thinking virus can be
>decide to spread myself
>proceed to systematically contaminate everyone with the initial biowepon
>become an army of self replicant virus
>morphogenic ability confers the possibility of mind swapping and merging rendering possible the transiction of memory trough one mind to the other or more mind to one host
>become virus god
>undergo final crysis realizing i've become the biowepon my first self tried to stop
>hero is another virus who kept his human side witouth falling to previous mentioned psycological trauma

sorry for the grammatical horrors
>
>>
File: gimme.jpg (29 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
gimme.jpg
29 KB, 636x358
>>78036141
You know, I was thinking something like this, save for the tumblr part, /co/'s been doing WAY too much shadow boxing with tumblr lately.
I feel like a big part of what makes a villain good is it believing it's in the right, to put it in other words, a good bad guy thinks they're the good guy.

Now that I think of it, that'd be a good villain, THE SUPER JUSTICE WOMYN.
>goes around killing men, because rape
>robs banks/stores because fuck capitalism, woo communism
>tries to destroy cities in the west for "decolonization"
>>
>Unbelievably brilliant and physically talented man decides he wants to rule the world.
>Builds business empire based on something that is considered by most a brilliant world changing feat of technological innovation, but he considers a cheap piece of crap that he threw together as a 12 year old.
>Becomes a multi billionaire who leveraged his weaker inventions to the rest of the world.
>He then kills or controls all of the wealthy old money people on the planet behind the scenes and blames it on random supervillians and terrorist.
>No one suspects it's him, he's just a wealthy autistic geek with no backbone. Even when there is no way it could have been anyone else except him they still won't believe it. Mainly because it would require preternatural physical ability to pull off.
>He is confronted finally by the son of a particularly nasty media mogul who he kills in a very very brutal way.
>He became one of those reality television supers and tries to claim him to be evil on multiple streaming sources and live television.
>He almost actually lets the ball drop about what he's been doing, just for the challenge of dealing with the fall out, but at the last minute he reveals how corrupt the super hero's father was and all of the dirty deeds he was up to.
>Then play it up as him wanting revenge on someone anyone for his fathers untimely demise and to pass the buck of his evil deeds onto someone else.
>Would then rule the earth from a comfy throne room. Occasionally helping the heroes when what they want helps me, but also funding and building super villains who'll do a few things that I want while using the pretense of it being some ridiculous evil plan or another or simply being collosal insane cunts.
>Next step will be manipulating the holymen of various religions and constructing a quasi religion to manipulate the masses.
>>
I had a terrible childhood, so I now believe that life is meaningless and the random mass murder of innocents is the ultimate form of freedom.

> insert every villain that fits this backstory here.
>>
>>78035395
It's great, only because the invention has absolutely nothing to do with the actual powers. Good twist!
>>
>>78036553
>I feel like a big part of what makes a villain good is it believing it's in the right, to put it in other words, a good bad guy thinks they're the good guy.
Dude, that's not a bad guy.
That's an antagonist. And they are boring now.
I want a villian that is an evil asshole and is the living embodiment of bad things that humans should not be.
They are needed now.
>>
> Be me
> Tried to ask a girl out to prom in high school
> she rejected me.
> I try to kill myself by jumping into a vat of chemicals.
> While falling I was bit by a radioactive roach, struck by lightning, and popped a boner from the excitement of ending my lonely existence.
> I survived and now have a healing factor.
> I go around trying to kill myself in wacky, zany ways, only to be ridiculed by those who watch.
> I am... THE EDGE.
>>
>>78035017
Pretty much impossible, OP. Good villain origins come from good writing, and nothing else. Trying to come up with one by just describing a plothook alone is pointless, as this thread is nicely proving.
>>
>>78037053
>illuminati the character
>>
>>78037194
Na i was trying to imply that the invention was the tool used to posion the man, thats why he can't sell it. I guess i should have described it as a bioweapon i imagined it in my mind as a glove

But natral posion powers is a unique way of looking at it
>>
File: 130046641137.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
130046641137.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>78037194
>>
>>78035017
I was an ordinary man until the Joker fucked me in the ass and gave me AIDS. Now I must give all of Gotham AIDS so they may know my suffering.
>>
>>78035017
a good villian
well this is like just an opinion man

isnt the point of a villain is to be bad otherwise they are antiheros.
>>
>>78036402
Literally Prototype
>>
>>78037761
I guess this anon is quite right in some ways

The jokers origin story is no better in tecnicality

>forced to do crime
>preg wife
>failed comic
>wife dies while preg
>one last job in a chemical factory
>get money
>hero shows up
>trying to get away from scarry hero
>fall down into vat of chemicals and acids
>make my way out the sewage system
>realise that im pale white and green hair with red lips
>decide fuck it and go mad laugfing like a clown and commit crimes against the city and what not

Call myself "the joker"
>>
File: Misaka Two-Face.jpg (205 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
Misaka Two-Face.jpg
205 KB, 1024x819
This chink toon bitch has the same thing happen to her as what happened to Two-Face. She goes on a reign of terror fucking up everything with her arcade tokens. She also uses them to make decisions. Nobody but the strongest of espers and heroes in Gotham Academy City can stop her!
>>
File: Black Men Laughing.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
Black Men Laughing.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>78037761
I thought that was just /co/ proving that they can't write for shit?
>>
>>78039585
But was the Joker always a psychopath who just feigned normal? Did the chemicals make him crazy? Did he actually go crazy in the first place?
>>
>In my efforts to spite my father by surpassing him I ended up becoming him
>I take out my own self-loathing on the world around me
>I just use the protagonist as a means to vent
>I don't actually hate the protagonist
>I just hate myself
>>
some guy gets tossed in a vat and he's all pissed off about it
>>
>>78044814
A vat of what? A vat of eggs?
>>
>>78044734
He went crazy cause life shit on him all at once. He hates batman cause he believes he caused the accident.

I like to think that Joker would be a normal person without Batman like how Mantra was selling fish when he thought Aquaman was dead. Unless its been done already and I need to be pointed in the right direction
>>
Something similar to A Few Good Men
>believes he is doing the right thing
>people he is defending see his ways as evil
>persecuted by the people he defended
>he feels betrayed, becomes bitter and resentful
>seeing people he served as ungrateful and plans to destroy them
not that original really but I like this kind of origin
>>
>>78035017
>world where superheroes exist
>man develops superpowers
>government frames him as a supervillian so one of their public "heroes" can kill him for patriotism
>he is chased by the league of heroes while the media makes a show out of it
>eventually joins up with the league of villains to fight back against the government and fake heroes
>>
>>78035017
You realize that there are many fa/tg/uys who cross post on /co/?
>>
>>78044964
/tg/ is just mostly fantasy /co/
>>
>>78035017
>bad thing happens to guy
>he vows revenge on someone or something directly or tangentially involved in the bad thing
>he becomes [X]
>>
>>78035017
>God of War exiled from pantheon when planet becomes a peaceful non war-like society
>God of the hunt gains tremendous power from violent urges being shifted into hunting
>God of Hunt tracks god of War down for "most dangerous game" type of thing and to gain power, as he will gain fame/adoration when he slays the god of war
>>
>>78035017
I have a feeling that this has been done before but eh
>Be inexperienced with a huge superpower
>Very OP'd, power is unstable
>Have good intentions, you're oblivious to the full extent and danger of powers
>More or less beg to join a league of heroes
>You are reluctantly allowed to join
>Everyone secretly fears you and your power and you know it, or at least suspect it
>You are usually put on the sidelines because said power
>One day you aren't on the sidelines
>Your powers kill/seriously injure someone that you shouldn't have
>You're extremely apologetic, you had no idea, but they're adamant
>Shunned
>Pity for yourself becomes hatred for league of heroes
>If only they told you, if only they helped you!
>Seek vengeance on group and on groups of heroes in general for being prejudiced against people with powers like yours
>League of heroes cannot fight you because they know they were responsible
>>
>>78035017

Get shat on for doing your job, lose your wife, fall into organized crime to make ends meet, get thrown into a vat of acid by a loony in a bat costume.
>>
>be born as a Turk
Instant villain origin, realistic and your character can commit any atrocity because what's the Turk to do?
>>
>>78035514
why not Beta-Man
>>
The tragic story background is very played out, as well as the 'i have to change the world to my liking' thing. I'd like to see a misinformed villain, or a man-made-villain by peer pressure.
>>
>>78035017
>villain who enjoys his work
>does it because he feels like it
>believes that doing evil is his "role" in the great theater of life
>believes that playing his role is necessary because if he didn't, people would grow complacent, and because of him, there are heroes, and they can keep people safe, and offer hope where there would instead only be apathy
>is gladly defeated by the heroes but will always try to escape so he can continue his "duty" to humanity
>"can't make an omelette" attitude about killing people
>will never kill heroes though, or will try not to
>wholeheartedly thinks this is the way things should be
>utterly lost in his own fantasy, but is fairly well-adjusted besides, and could debate his point logically, though obviously completely amorally with anyone who challenged him
>not super-intelligent or crafty, but very charismatic, and can always manage to rope in henchmen to help him because he doesn't mind theft to further his goals
>calls it "donations"
I dunno. Kind of in a pissy mood so was trying to be creative and think up someone fun, but I probably missed the mark or included something that ruins the whole concept.
>>
> villain starts as a young boy from a wealthy family of lawyers
> parents spend all their time working, older siblings basically monsters and torture young villain
> villain turns into a rotten kid himself known for violence, opposition to authority
> school faculty and staff terrified of him
> only reason he's not in a ward or prison or something is parent's money that doesn't want their name ruined
> villain learns from siblings, parents how to lie and manipulate to get his way
> tests and hones skills in school
> gets older, pushed into college
> eventually follows parent's path and goes to law school
> lies, cheats, and manipulates his way to the top
> graduates law school at age 26, immediately enters legal world
> older sister ODs on drugs, older brother gets into military industrial complex, father gets alzheimer's and mother retires far away from villain
> villain goes into legal world and begins to build reputation for vicious efficiency and indefatigable drive
> becomes famous for "that case"; think Johnnie Cochran
> after working as a lawyer for several years, moves onto politics at the age of 37
> works together with brother and military-industrial contracts behind the scenes for funding and campaign
> works as a Representative for two terms and, at age 41, runs as a Senator
> wins, defeating the incumbent
> serves as Senator for two terms once again
> same ruthlessness is an open secret; to the public he is a clean politician but behind the scenes he uses blackmail, threats, bullying, and every dirty trick in the book with the help of his brother's contacts in the DoD
> at age 53, begins campaign for presidency with the help of brother who now runs his own international, multi-role defense contracting company

lots of room for punisher or batman-style good guys to try and thwart his corrupt politicking, his hand in blackops defense contracts/operations, and his use of organized crime to suit his political goals.
>>
>Batman sends a group of henchmen to prison
>on of them is killed during a riot
>his two kids are now orphaned
>oldest becomes street hardened, learns that Batman was responsible for the father's death
>Oldest doesn't get adopted, youngest does, moves to the west coast
>oldest, midguided, turns to a life of crime, working for various bosses while slowly working up a plan to get revenge on Batman
>just gets worked by Gordan who has no fucking idea who this stupid shitty kid is.
>>
>>78047143
Sounds like a less OP version of megamind powerwise
>>
>>78035017
I man accepts utilitarism as truth so he sacrifices 1000 people to save a 1.000.000
The next day he continues firm in his belief, so he sacrifices 10.000 for the sake of 500.000
The next day sameas the last, he sacrifices 50.000 for 200.000
And so he goes, until there were only two people left. So him and his lonely companion each decided to sacrifice the other for the greater good. Thankfully, our hero reached for the gun first, but unfortunetly, he had no one else to save.
>>
It isn't necessarily the content of the backstory but the way that it is told that is important.
>>
>>78035017
>villain is OP's mom
HAHAHAHAHA I GOT YOU GOOD YOU FUCKER AHAHAHA
>>
> Man has a job as a gas technician
>Has been unable to pay rent due to energy issues, gas vs electricity etc.
>Landlord is a brute who roughhouses him
>Landlord pushes him too far, "gas man" poisons landlord with toxic gas
>Wanted by police for killing landlord
>destroys an ATM with his "gas gun" with gas cartridge removed (looks like an airplane turbine that vibrates ATM off of wall) because 'need money'
>captured on CCTV, is hunted by police and protagonist
>>
Man visits a modern day university and comes to the conclusion that humanity has overstayed its welcome.
Coincidentally, some radioactive goo falls on him and he develops heat vision.
>>
I always liked the idea of the 'supergangster.' Not a nig-nog with powers like Luke Cage but someone with a super flashy suit, oozing overconfidence with a larger than life personality. They're able to match heroes by putting them at a disadvantage, drugging them or swamping them with minions or taking hostages or crazy plans. Dunno what kinda origin story you can give a guy like that.
>>
>I ate too much crab so I became a crab monster
>>
>>78035175
>knocks on the door of the house where the people he wants to kill live
>no one answers
>mumbles ok
>leaves
>>
>>78047583
Kingpin?
>>
Here's an idea…

A female villain who's actually downright hateable and cruel as well as terrifying but is still fappable. With her origin being that she just hates others and wants to make others suffer. She also is first seen as a cutsey "innocen" and "pure" girl until it gets revealed of her true depraved nature.
>>
>>78036306
Yes
>>
File: 1268789824059.jpg (226 KB, 555x1280) Image search: [Google]
1268789824059.jpg
226 KB, 555x1280
>>78049700
I like it.
>>
Villain grows up in poverty stricken, war-torn region, where his parents are killed when he is only a child. In a fit of loathing and anger, the child one day grows up to join an extremist group that seeks to destroy the very philosophy of those who took his life from him.

Also, he's muslim.
>>
One day a man worked at an autism care center, however one day the walls came tumbling down when the next door nuclear power plant exploded. Miraculously surviving the explosion, the man departs for home only to find that his mind has been invaded by the ghosts of the autism stricked children. Now every day his actions are controled by the autist hive mind, acting upon every artistic whim that they possess only getting control of his body back during late nights due to their curfews. I call it The Deviant Artist
>>
>from some kind of bullshit magical land
>gets displaced due to an accident a couple hundred years ago
>only one human at a time has the ability to travel there, ability gets passed on through knowingly gifting the ability or killing the person who held the ability
>hero killed the last owner in their backstory, didn't know about the ability and never uses it
>villain finally manages to track who has the ability
>villain assumes that the hero is similar enough to the previous owner and decides the only way to get it is to kill them

It gives them a personal reason to go after the hero, a unique kind of backstory, and means they have a real reason to only interact with a single hero, they're only doing anything to try to deal with one guy. I think it's interesting enough while giving typical cape mechanics a reason to exist.
>>
>guy browses 4chan
>gets superpowers
>tries to help people
>messes up a lot
>neckbeards shitpost about him 24/7
>he flies around the world and kills said neckbeards
There is already a manga that has an arc about this. It's fucking hilarious.
>
>>
>>78035017
The joker was gangraped by clowns. It was that day he learned to true meaning of both life, and comedy.
>>
A superhero who would do all in his might to save the city he loved only after getting beat down by bad guy to be exposed, humiliated and used as tabloid fuel.

He runs away barely alive and comes back few years later to purge this town.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.