[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you guys excited for this stop-motion animated film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: anomalisa.jpg (70 KB, 648x960) Image search: [Google]
anomalisa.jpg
70 KB, 648x960
Are you guys excited for this stop-motion animated film?
>>
I paid for this movie to be made, so yeah.
>>
Looks depressing as fuck, can't wait
>>
i saw it at a preview screening and it's really good. pretty depressing, of course but fucking great
>>
I didn't even know what this was until I saw this thread. Thanks for the heads up OP, this seems to be right up my alley.
>>
I'm sold on the poster alone. I enjoy stop-motion animation, especially if it makes me feel something.
>>
>>78034222
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT6QJaS2a-U

Trailer for the film
>>
I'm not sure what to think. The best way to describe it is that it looks like an "Oscar Bait" film, but whether it's a good or bad one is to be seen. The only inherently good thing about it is that it could show to the public that animation doesn't have to be limited to children or comedies
>>
>>78034653
>every model
>every shot
>every frame
>every special effect
>made by hand
>Oscar Bait
Ok.
>>
>>78034689
>>every model
>>every shot
>>every frame
>>every special effect
>>made by hand
Yes anon, I know how claymation works. The writing itself seems to be the usual depressing introspective stuff that comes out in December for the Oscars though.

Again, I'm not saying it's bad but I am saying that these sort of films are expected around this time of year.
>>
>>78034849
You think the Oscars want to give their joke reward to someone who writes depressing stories?

Only if there's an "uplifting" ending.
>>
>>78034849
>tfw this will the the only contender in "Best Animated Feature" that is aimed at adults
>tfw it loses to Disney/Pixar anyway
>>
>>78035217
Persepolis, Triplets of Bellville, The Illusionist, Chico and Rita, The Wind Rises, Tale of the Princess Kaguya.
Unless you mean the only nom this year, in which case yeah you're right. I just wish you faggots would stop turning the few Anomalisa threads we get on this board into cancerous Oscar "crying" threads.
>>
>>78035559
The only reason I'm talking about Oscars is because this faggot >>78034653 >>78034849 mentioned it.
>>
>>78035668
I feel you. You didn't have to reply to him though which isn't saying much because my post was also about Oscars.

>>78034222
New poster looks neat. Jesus they really went all out with the character models for this. I was expecting something more cartoony like the figures they did for Morel Orel, but just looks at the veins on his hand, how his knuckles are more red than the rest of his hand because of blood flow, and the dark circles under his eyes.

Still not sure about how wide the movie will be released. Poster says January "everywhere," but I can't find anything about it being shown in multiplexes. Only theatre I know that's showing it are a handful of arthouse theatres Januray 22. I'd love to see it in theatres, this is going to be a real fucking game-changer in stop-motion.
>>
>>78035980
I'm sorry for responding to him. I should have known better.

I'm going to cry and drink if this film doesn't get a wide release as usual for most indie/foreign animated films.
>>
File: scorn.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
scorn.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>>78036076
>November last year
>want to see Song of the Sea but nearest theatre playing it is a 6 hour drive into a different state
>end up waiting until March to see it, by which point hype had become dangerously high
Hopefully Anomalisa won't be as torturous to wait for.
>>
>>78034617
Why does every trailer have to end with a joke, especially if it's meant to be a serious film.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.