[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you let me be inside you >you touched me with the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
>you let me be inside you
>you touched me with the same hands that killed my wife
Goddamn this show has some piss poor dialogue. Why does it have such great reviews? The acting isn't even good.
>>
Disney jews controls the world, or some other /pol/ argument, I guess.
>>
>>78033370

>The acting isn't even good.

0/10
>>
>>78033421
But I don't mind the black/white stuff at all?

Luke Cage is frankly the sole decent thing in this show.
>>
>>78033370
Based Kilgrave, that's why.
>>
>>78033370
it's fucking jessica jones
why do you even care?
>>
>>78033370
I'm midway through myself. It's nowhere near Daredevil's quality.
>>
File: WHO GIVES A SHIT.gif (879 KB, 175x144) Image search: [Google]
WHO GIVES A SHIT.gif
879 KB, 175x144
>>78033370
Was there any point to Trinity's lesbian antics? It just feels so filler.
>>
>>78034014
your picture already answers your question anon
>>
>>78034014

I thought it was to show that Jeri was the same kind of monster Kilgrave is, honestly. She just doesn't happen to have powers.
>>
>>78033370
Jessica routinely fucking up seems about right considering her mental state.

Kilgrave sold being a sociopath well. He didn't revel in his misgivings, he simply did them and did not care for the consequences.

Nuke was fucking stupid.

Hogarth was a setup that went on for about 7 episodes too many.

Hellcat was okay.

Luke was way too low key. I still don't get why /co/ is creaming over him. I did like his first "Sweet Christmas", but felt the second was pandering.

I liked Malcolm and loved the scene where Jessica went to see if he took the heroin before sending a picture of herself to Kilgrave. I literally yelled at the screen when he straight up admitted to dumping a body in the river in front of near total strangers.

The incest twins felt like an attempt at "wacky loser apartment neighbors" like Spacker Dave.

Overall 5/10
>>
I like it. The plotting is a lot sloppier, but the characters are stronger. Weakest part of the dialogue is the narration, which is completely uneccessary.

One line in particular is a fucking gem:
>"You heard that?"
>"I wrote it."
>>
>>78033370
Yeah, those lines were pretty hilarious.
The show had some half-decent banter, but most of the scenes that tried to have an emotional moment were fairly hamfisted. Still, execution always takes a backseat to intent when it comes to stuff like this, so I can see why the show gets so many passes.
>>
>>78034014
It built up to her trying to use Kilgrave on her ex.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 960x480
So I just finished watching the last episode, and this has been bugging me in the back of my mind for a while: would Kevin's mind control have worked on Hawkguy?

>>78034353
That line blew all the shit out of my asshole. I love reveals like that.
>>
>>78034256
>Overall 5/10
So, it's shit?
>>
>>78034531
On a 5 is strictly middle of the road, not 5/10 on the /v/ scale.
>>
>>78034531
By not /v/ scale 5/10 is mediocre, but not irredeemable.
>>
>>78033370
Social brainwashing and programming.
>>
>>78034256
>Yelling at the screen when something exciting happens

Are you literally autistic?
>>
>>78034466
>would Kevin's mind control have worked on Hawkguy?
I don't see why not.
>>
>this thing doesn't have good dialogue

That's /v/ tier babby's first criticism. It's what fags who don't have a valid complaint say because it's overwhelmingly subjective.
>>
>>78035106
>we don't even do oral anymore
I literally laughed out loud.

This show has genuinely bad dialogue, anon.
>>
>>78034256
> The incest twins felt like an attempt at "wacky loser apartment neighbors" like Spacker Dave.

The incest twins were the fucking worst. They made me laugh once at the very beginning and were dull to complete shit in any other scene. Which would be fine if they just stayed as comedic relief, but when they actively start fucking with the plot, and basically kill a character through their stupidity, I'm sad the sister didn't die.
>>
>>78034807
Nope female Mexican
>>
>>78033370
no horse in this race but tv shows aren't criticized as heavily as movies for whatever reason. Standards are a lot lower.
>>
>>78033370
you see, when you cater to women (and especially to tumblr) the important thing to keep in mind is not the quality of the acting or the writing. It's all about FEELINGS. If you are good at FEELINGS, and push progressive trends, you got all their good will.
Marvel is aware of this, therefore they do it and make a quick buck from them.
>>
>>78034014
Basically >>78034066 and >>78034397 plus Pam getting fingered was so fucking hot. I need a WebM of that
>>
>>78034807
>exciting
>not fucking retarded
>>
>>78037278
DF
F
>>
>>78033370
Because it has interracial relationships, a female lead, and a sexual abuse ptsd plot line. To criticize it wouldn't be progressive.
>>
>>78033436
kuck.
>>
>>78033370
Because PC SJW shit is popular right now. /thread
>>
>>78042042
>>78042863
So we're still doin' this old song and dance, huh?
>>
>>78043033
>he thinks he can fight memes

lul
>>
>>78042042
>>78042863
You're arguing against things you are imagining people saying. You and Tumblr both just want to be angry.
>>
>>78043153
>SJWinnormiemask.gif
>>
File: 1436953733285.jpg (48 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1436953733285.jpg
48 KB, 400x400
>>78034014
Obligatory lesbians are a thing now. Deal with it
>>
>>78033488
Imagine being Anon in this thread and having to be all like "damn, OP, you fuckin' right, all sexy with your tight spoilers and horrific androgynous greentext arrows. I would totally have sex with you, both my online persona and the real me." when all he really wants to do is shitpost another DC thread in his parents' basement. Like seriously imagine having to be Anon and not only sit in that chair while OP flaunts his disgusting post in front of you, the favorable opinion barely concealing his loneliness and stale faggotry, and just sit there, post after post, hour after hour, while he perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking image but his haughty attitude as everyone on the board tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, OP POSTS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his womannish fucking gremlin words contort into types of rants you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been posting nothing but a healthy diet of memes and copypastas and later alleged bait threadss for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his pimpled stomach as he sucks it in to write it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "satirical (for that is what he calls himself)" poignancy, the poignancy he worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the janitor calls for another post, and you know you could kill every single person in this thread before the janitor could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Anon. You're not going to lose your future posting privileges over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
It was okay, the last few episodes and the final showdown were really great but man I wish this was a movie instead of a drawn-out TV show.

Really sick of the cutesy "the green guy" and "the flag waver" shit. Aliens invaded the city and were stopped by the Avengers. I'm sure there was a press conference, people know who the superheroes are at this point. The show on the whole felt really detached from the MCU, which sucks because the original Alias was so awesome thanks to JJ's past being intertwined with Marvel's.

Also, Luke Cage had potential but he was written as a sensitive white guy. Cage is the baddest motherfucker around but he was just whining and waxing philosophical like Peter Parker. Zero personality after his initial introduction.

Also it seems like they really skimped on the FX budget. There were almost no visible powers, lame fight choreography and the worst flight effect I've seen since Lois and Clark.
>>
>>78034014
It had a few reasons.

One, it added another abusive relationship into the show. Two, it upped the diversity and percentage of female characters. Three, it introduced a female secondary antagonist. Four, it is was to show that women can also be abusers. Five, it was also to show that non-heterosexual relationships can be abusive. Six, it was a way to get Kilgrave out of a jam.

Do you need more?
>>
>>78043177
That image perfectly summarizes the internet's "YOU'RE WITH US OR AGAINST US" mentality in the wake of GG.
>>
BLACKED
L
A
C
K
E
D
>>
>>78044530
>implying GG started that
>>
>>78034466
>would Kevin's mind control have worked on Hawkguy?

Yeah. Would have worked on Widow, Falcon, Iron Man and War Machine if they were caught outside their armor too. Would have worked on Quicksilver but it would have burned through his system way faster, so he'd only have a few minutes of control at best.

Wouldn't have worked on Thor Vision or Hulk as they're immune to disease. Cap and Wanda are iffy. Cap might also be immune to disease, and Kilgrave in the comics can't control psychics because their minds are too powerful for him to override but it might not work that way in the show.
>>
File: 1413258147180.jpg (163 KB, 767x978) Image search: [Google]
1413258147180.jpg
163 KB, 767x978
>>78042863
>/threading your own post

Disgusting
>>
File: 1448746422482.jpg (3 MB, 2848x4288) Image search: [Google]
1448746422482.jpg
3 MB, 2848x4288
>>78044566
>is actually getting blacked
Well that defeats the whole purpose of blacked posting doesn't it?
>>
Tennant was unequivocally the best part of the show.

Best acting by a long show, and as a side note, his character had better written dialogue than anyone else.

The combination really sold Kilgrave
>>
>>78044592
Yes, it's just the console war mentality, it's just that both side are ten time more annoying than the pony fucker were.
>>
>>78044592
It made the divide more binary.
>>
File: fmb-37112.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fmb-37112.gif
4 MB, 480x270
the acting and dialog is no better than Tokusatsu shows
but is treated like it's the best shit ever
>>
>>78045095
So are Tokusatsu shows.
>>
>>78044600
>Cap's super soldier immunity
>virgin purity
>iron clad will
He can never be swayed from justice!
>>
File: Marvel's Jessica Jones.png (201 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
Marvel's Jessica Jones.png
201 KB, 500x352
>Jessica has Kilgrave in the bag
>Loses him thanks to happenstance

Jesus Christ, you'd think once would be enough.
>>
File: tumblr_mwjdipIyyG1ql41ypo1_500.gif (803 KB, 500x195) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwjdipIyyG1ql41ypo1_500.gif
803 KB, 500x195
>>78045119
Toku has a dedicated niche that forgives any cheesiness remembering the stuff is still mostly for kids
Jessica Jones is thought to be hot shit by normies just jumping on the Marvel tv show train
and Toku still has great special effects
>>
>>78033370
It's almost like it's based on comic books or something
>>
>>78044271
>another abusive relationship into the show

Did I miss something? Jeri was just a jerk; she didn't rape her wife or anything.
>>
>>78034014
I actually really enjoyed evil-butch's antics up until the end. The ending was a pretty big letdown, same with how they ended alot of the side plots of the show.

Almost every interesting side character or side plot ends in a characters death. This show has the same problem DD season 1 has in that so many of it's interesting charcters are killed off in a very anticlimactic way. The worst one to me was Hope, it was such a lazy end to what took up a good chunk of the season, it doesn't help that her characters wasn't too likable to begin with and her taking such a cowardly way out didn't help. Also Reuben's death felt really pointless too, I get it was to show just HOW possessive of Jessica Kilgrave was but I feel like the show had already illustrated that fairly well.
>>
Why didn't she kill Killgrave the first time she catches him? Don't give me that setting Hope free bullshit, what did she think was going to happen? Did she honestly think they'd stick Killgrave in a trial so he can tell the Judge to let him go? Did she honestly think they'd stick him in jail so he could tell them to set him free? Did she think any sane attorney would have a trial where the accused was locked in an airtight tube?

No, you kill people like Kevin when you catch them. There's no holding them, there's no hope for a fair trial and he's so fucking twisted that there's no hope for setting him on the right path.
>>
>>78045438
You realize abuse doesn't just count rape right?

Jeri's shit certainly counts as emotional abuse.
>>
>>78045482
>Simpsons literally did nothing wrong.

Fucker had the right idea from the very start. In a certain light JJ was just as accountable for those deaths, maybe even more. Kilgrave was an insane child who had absolutely no sense of morality, JJ knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it.
>>
>>78045501

Wendy's shit certainly counts as financial abuse.

She tried to blackmail her way to 75%!
>>
>>78033370
Those were words spoken by a man who was very hurt, very confused, and very conflicted. Of course it's gonna sound stupid.
>>
>>78045482
The entire plot with the chamber was to prove he could mind control people to get Hope and the others off the hook. That's why they get witnesses to come.

If they can prove he can mind control people, then the court is going to take the proper precautions in dealing with him and not put in into a scenario he can Kilgrave his way out of.
>>
>>78045444
>her taking such a cowardly way out didn't help
Cutting your throat with jagged glass to save a bunch of other people is the exact opposite of cowardly.
>>
>>78045904

Yeah, good thing eye-witness testimony holds more weight than scientific evidence, which they obviously couldn't obtain in New York of all places. It's not like they 'had Kevin isolated and ready for analysis by people from Stark Industries and other similar ogranizations.
>>
>>78045621
A relationship can be mutually abusive.
>>
>>78033370

I thought those lines specifically are what a Blaxploitation hero would probably say, which is what Luke Cage is. He would be very direct.
>>
>strong women characters
>interracial and LGBT relationships
>evil white man villain

It was always going to get good reviews no matter how piss poor the writing and acting is. Just like Sense8.
>>
The only reason I watched this show was for Kilgrave. He really sold the whole psychopath thing really well, but everything else was just so boring.

It's weird though, anytime I say I dislike the show, I get called a racist or sexist.
>>
>>78048107
>white
>not purple
>>
>>78044119
>Really sick of the cutesy "the green guy" and "the flag waver" shit.

The Netflix shows are ART, anon. You can't expect real artists to debase themselves by saying something as juvenile as "The Hulk".
>>
>city gets saved by a 130 year old super soldier in the prime of his life, a giant green monster who's also the leading mind on radiation science, a fucking modern day robin hood, a literal god, a billionaire in a fucking impenetrable suit of armour who flies through a wormhole in space to save the city, a lara croft wannabe
>keep referring to them as "flag waver" or "green guy"
Why do they want to detach themselves away from the movies so much?

Especially considering how fucking terrible it was. Daredevil was fucking amazing. Jessica Jones was just so fucking bland.
>>
>>78048107
Sens8 got mixed reviews though.
>>
>>78033436
BBC
B
C
>>
>>78034256
Congratulations, you have some of the shittiest taste on /co/.
>>
I hate this show
>>
I watched it.

I was enjoying it up until episode 4, where over half of the episode was used up to do gag.
Normally I'm all over MCU continuity, but they used it to make you laugh at something stupid.

Then on the next episode they show us Jessica pass in which the writers shit all over her super hero identity completely missing the point of the original comic themes, while making said themes weaker on the show as well.

All that thing about Jessica losing her identity and having a change of heart of being a super hero in the show utterly and completely sucks after episode 5. They fucked that thing up.
And for what? To make Jessica "cool"?

The contrast of her being a full blown heroine that ended up as a drunken mess ONLY FUCKING WORKS if she wasn't a drunken snarky bitch before.

Fuck the writers of this show to hell and back. They didn't understand the point of the character and her story at all. They adapted Alias for the weak ass sex scenes and Purple Man confrontation. Not it's themes, not for Jessica's character. And that's beyond sad.

I don't even fucking like Alias and I felt robbed.
>>
>>78034531
Call it a 7/10 if you want.
>>
File: 250px-Sweating-Man.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Sweating-Man.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>78044689
something something the force
>>
>>78033370
sounds fine to me. maybe try talking to some people in real life besides your mom while you're fisting her.
>>
>>78033436
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting keked if my bull was him.

The show was shit though
>>
>>78048107
It was always going to get bad reviews from 4chan.
>>
How the hell are they gonna be a couple now?
>>
So. After which date should you tell your new gf or bf that you murdered their spouse?

2nd date? 3rd? Before rounding third base?

Send them a text between dates, "btw i killed ur wife :))))) lol. :D"

When?
>>
>>78047359
It was eye witness testimony of a cop and and a lawyer plus footage of his powers in action. Just testimony wasn't enough, because otherwise they'd be good with just the support group. And without those, they couldn't get scientists to come in and research him in the first place without them immediately going "What the fuck? You've got this guy locked up in a torture chamber super-illegally, with no proof he did anything and him begging to be released. We're not going to take your word that you're not some crazy kidnapper."
>>
>>78048216
It's more that it'd feel tonally weird to say "Captain America" or "The Hulk".
>>
>>78048293
Because the shows have a very different tone, and so while they will acknowledge the movies it would be jarring to have this grim noir rape stuff together with people name dropping the Avengers.

And Daredevil did the exact same thing.
>>
>>78049431
Well, it depends if you end up sleeping with them on the first/2nd meeting like JJ did. Personally, I do it on the 4th date, or DURING sex, since it really spices things up.
>>
>>78048737
Agree, about the Jewel thing. There was barely any contrasting difference between pre- and post-Purpleman Jessica. She deliberately didn't even go out to do any superheroing, either. She just came across a guy being mugged and helped him out.
>>
>>78044119
The writers have a ban on using proper franchise names. It's to prevent future legal problems if the rights switch hands. Blame the legal department.
>>
>>78050722
Que? but, they exist in the same universe?
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.