[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
File: Vision.jpg (71 KB, 1200x898) Image search: [Google]
Vision.jpg
71 KB, 1200x898
Extended version of "Birth of the Vision".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=133&v=2TqxEK8KLSM

Pretty cool, even though it's obvious why it was cut.
>>
How did Joss drop the ball so hard with this movie?
>>
>>78031781

Because he sucks. Also producer interference.
>>
>>78031727
What is Thor muttering to himself before he blasts Vision to life? I keep repeating it but can't understand his Australian gibberish
>>
>>78031781
The spectacle of having all the heroes together in a film was gone, Ultron was treated more as just another battle then an actual big bad and Joss's snarky and meta style was a bit unfitting and overused.
>>
>>78032130

It's probably the same incantation from the deleted version of the vision pool. In the deleted version he does some Asgardian chant/spell to summon the Norns so he can communicate with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM08towNZFQ
>>
>opportunity to show Vision's density alteration abilities
>opportunity to show Thor in action for more of the movie
>doesn't do it

Fuck you, Whedon. This was an extra like, two minutes that would have meant a lot to fans of Vision and Thor.
>>
>>78032431
Wasn't he forced to cut most of this stuff?
>>
i wish they had just finished animaing the scenes, like really.

it makes little sense for Vision to start fucking everybody up though
>>
>>78032659
No.
>>
Reminder that Age of Ultron WAS going to be an alright (if bloated) movie, but there's over an hour of cut content that makes it make no sense.
>>
>>78032659
he's the one who refused to cut down any of the farm scenes, meaning the cuts happened everywhere else
>>
Another shitty safe flick. 2016 can't come fast enough.
>>
>>78032819
This is Joss's fault for being a bad writer. He fucking knows how these movies play out
>>
File: 1.jpg (146 KB, 1024x843) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
146 KB, 1024x843
>Thor is a god

I hope Thor ragnarok will finally make Thor serious. And I hope it's darker since it's the death of the gods.

Any news on this movie?
>>
>>78033168
>The writer has basically nothing in his IMBD.
>Hermsworth wants to turn the movie into a buddy cop comedy.
>>
File: 1.jpg (35 KB, 676x483) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35 KB, 676x483
>>78033214
Anndd Dropped.

I was really excited as I slightly enjoyed the last one and hoped it would be darker.

>yfw wonder woman is actually more of a Thor movie than an actual Thor movie
>>
>>78032947

2016 is just going to be more shitty safe flicks full of referential humor and sarcastic quips. It's the way pop culture is nowadays.
>>
>>78031727
>it's obvious why it was cut.
Not for me
>inb4 you are the single biggest dumbass in the quantifiable universe
>>
>>78031727

I rewatched this movie yesterday, and I see where it went wrong

the film runs entirely too long because almost every scene ends with an uneccesary comic relief joke that almost always falls flat. This and the Banner/Widow romance. The pacing of the narrative would have worked a lot better, as well and maintain a tone of urgency, had most of this been cut

>Quips during opening sequence
>"Will... Thor be there?"
>too many unnecessary jokes in the party scene
>then Ultron starts making jokes
>trace Ultron to Africa, where he's making jokes
>then Hawkeye gets his joke in, "DUDE MIND CONTROL LMAO"
>Hulkbuster fight is like a rapid-fire Tony quip machine
>Off to Clint's home, where Tony quips about the family
>Now sad moment where we learn of Natasha's uterus and Banner's big green dick
>Shit sequence chasing Cradle leaves Natasha taken hostage
>Vision gets turned into a joke next, DUDE MJOLNIR LMAO
>Final battle full of quips
>Cap quips at Ultron
>Cap quips at Thor
>Hawkeye quips at Quicksilver
>Rhodey quips at Tony
>The day is saved, but not before Vision drops a quip on Ultron
>Final sequence is nothing more than another chance to make Mjolnir jokes

All of this crap should have been on the cutting room floor
>>
>>78033612
If Thor is the one that brings Vision to life, specifically because his visions revealed that Vision was instrumental to Ultron's defeat, it doesn't make much sense for Vision to go full apeshit and go out of his way to fight Thor, nor Thor actively trying to beat the shit out of Vision.
>>
>>78033633

Honestly, your analysis of the movie was a lot more autistic and obnoxious than the movie itself.
>>
>>78034027

Cry me a river, Joss
>>
>>78031781
Personally, I like the movie. But if we're going to go into the specific issues:

Too much was cut out. Quicksilver has no scenes of characterization, so we don't give a shit when he dies.

Thor's subplot ends abruptly and feels totally disconnected from the rest of the movie.

And lastly, while it doesn't make the movie inherently worse, it does cause it to have less "Umph" than the first one had: Phase 2 was ignored.

The first movie built on the plotlines of all the preceding movies, but AoU was just a direct sequel to The Avengers. Aside from a few throwaway lines, all other Phase 2 films were completely ignored.

That said, I still think the movie is better than the first, and if some of the cut/replaced scenes were restored it would bump the movie up a full letter grade.
>>
>>78033168
>Marvel
>serious
>>
>>78031727
At least this shows why he makes a cape for himself.
>>
>>78034735

The movie did too, and it was for the exact same reason.

>Oh, that guy has a cape.
>*makes cape*
>>
>>78033633
The movie is fine and enjoyable, stop looking for depth in shallow puddles of water.
>>
I like a few parts of it, especially him going intangible and the shield passing though him. That said, I preferred the less violent meeting we got over this.
>>
I don't think this scene really fits. I like it better the way it's in the theatrical cut because you get the idea that Vision is on their side from the get go. Here, it feels like a tonal whiplash to go from this to "Hey, he's a friend now"
>>
>>78034860
This. The whole scene adds nothing to the movie but filler.
>>
>>78032830
if I remember correctly it basically came down to cutting stuff with clints family, or cutting stuff from thor's vision and he ultimately wanted to keep the family stuff more intact.
>>
>>78031727
So which of the other deleted scenes are we gonna get?

Will we get the original Widow/Hulk resolution?
>>
>>78033633
man, you make it sound like you would of preferred there was no dialog at all
>>
>>78034912
Hope that fucking family shows up in other movies then
>>
>>78034969
/co/'s whole rabid anti-quip thing these days is really stupid
>>
>>78031727
I can see why this scene was removed. It makes no sense even if it does a good job of showing off his powers.
>>
>>78032659
For some reason Joss was obsessed with Age of Ultron being shorter than The Avengers, achieved his goal by one minute.
>>
>>78034908
>>78034860
It probably would have confused audiences too. Like, it would have worked if say, Vision was in defensive stance the fight, but having him punch it out with Thor and then go "LOL, I'm good now" just feels weird.
>>
So, seeing how the Phase 2 box set was released today, does this mean bonus disk with future peeks at stuff will also leak?
>>
>>78031727
you got the scene where quicksilver stops saving people to hit on a girl?
>>
>>78032344
It's not completed, but this is fairly shit. It's just him speaking in a silly voice.
>>
>>78034937
Can we get the Quicksilver is alive version?
>>
>>78034628
I mean, the plot is kickstarted by Hydra's return, so there is that.

But otherwise, yeah. It's a bit divorced from the other ones.
>>
>>78031727
Why is Thor mumbling in gibberish. Did I miss something?
>>
>>78036703
THIS
They filmed it
>>
>>78031727
That Thor/Vision fight scene was pretty rad
>>
>>78031727
Why in gods name did they bring in vision anyway?
He's wildly inapropriate and boring. He brought nothing but another character to fill out the roster.
Would have been happy with just scarlet and quicksilver with vision being relegated to being Jarvis 2.0
Hell, I would have preferred that Ultron was a super powerful ai/computer virus that used all the tech on the planet to turn the world against the avengers and sent the iron legion after them. Hell, could have EASILY tied Ultron's origin into Thanos by saying he was only softening the planet up for Thano's arrival, and he first has to get rid of their planets most powerful marvels. The avengers.
But he found a new purpose after watching their world and living on their world wide communications network and wants to exterminate all life on the earth or something.
>>
That was a neat fight but I'm fine with it being cut. There was more than enough action.
>>
>>78039326
>>78039393
>Posting twice
>Tying Ultron to Thanos at all, especially with that shitty reason
Fuck off
>>
It was nice to see more of Thor and seeing the Vision use his powers (like phasing and solar beam) - but I agree with the consensus, it was not needed.
>>
>>78039589
1.Accidentally posted once
2.Ultron was like 99% fucking thano's creation anyway and it would make sense that tony would try to make something out of it and it would grow beyond his control and do somethign FOR thanos.
>>
>>78032830
In that case should've cut out the Hulk and Widow romance.
>>
>>78035010
They'll get killed in Civil War.
>>
>>78033633
I can't believe you took the time to type that
>>
>>78031727
So why did Vision attack Thor anyway?
>>
>>78039827
yup. Whedon can't into movies. He only knows how to do TV
>>
File: iron pepe.jpg (30 KB, 479x414) Image search: [Google]
iron pepe.jpg
30 KB, 479x414
>yfw AoA would've been better if hawkeye had died
>>
Extended. Non directors cut when?
>>
File: Altron.jpg (202 KB, 790x502) Image search: [Google]
Altron.jpg
202 KB, 790x502
>>78040402
>AoA
>Age of Altron
>>
File: 14410431210.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
14410431210.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
This film was a masterpiece. Don't you understand how literally Nietzsche it was? Joss Whedon is brilliant.
>>
>>78033168
Sorry man, Thor 3 is gonna be a road trip comedy. Not even fucking joking.

Thor is literally the easiest Marvel character to turn into a good movie and yet they've fumbled every one.
>>
>>78040402
No, it would have been better if NOBODY died.

Quicksilver has basically no character prior to his death, likely because Whedon didn't bother to characterize a dead man.

If you place any other character into that scene, it becomes far too dark to fit with the tone of the movie. The only reason it works at all is because you don't give a fuck about QS. But for some reason Whedon believes you HAVE to kill a character in every movie.
>>
>>78041623
This. I totally agree
>>
>>78041623
The problem with killing a character THAT LATE into the film is that there really was no point. Ultron was pretty much defeated at that point. It's not a motivator to beat him if the Hulk just COMEDICALLY jumps in and throws him out MINUTES after it happens!

My theory is that they killed Quicksilver because he would have fixed problems too quickly in future films. Hydra base? Just have him disarm all soldiers!
>>
>>78041623
>Quicksilver has basically no character prior to his death, likely because Whedon didn't bother to characterize a dead man.
It's actually because the scenes characterizing him were cut. They're in the BR and Phase 2 set.
>>
>>78041465
Why haven't they made a Godzilla scale Thor vs Fafnir movie yet? Thor is supposed to defend the world from giant monsters. It defines who he is
>>
>>78041465
I'm probably gonna regret asking this but
s-source?
>>
>>78041962
>My theory is that they killed Quicksilver because he would have fixed problems too quickly in future films. Hydra base? Just have him disarm all soldiers!

Close. They killed him because Fox got to him first. Days of Future past rewrote late in pre production to switch Juggernaut with QS and then they threw him in Arbys commercials and shit just to get out "This is X-men character here guys" to spite Marvel. So they killed him off ASAP so they aren't promoting an X-man.

It's also likely why Vision was suddenly tossed in. They needed a new Avenger because they wanted two more Avengers and QS wasn't gonna last past AoU now.
>>
>>78033168
It's literally going to be a comedy.
>>
>>78034628
>AoU was just a direct sequel to The Avengers
it was more like they made the same movie again, no character development, fighting armies of goons, iron man in every scene
>>
>>78032344
>>78036670
i'm pretty sure their would have been more effects added, maybe the visions actually displayed with CGI or something
>>78039393
that sounds so stupid
>>
File: 538112644a868_320773b.jpg (63 KB, 300x465) Image search: [Google]
538112644a868_320773b.jpg
63 KB, 300x465
>>78042653
It should be a Mad Max style movie about Thor and Skurge leading the heroic souls of the dead out of Hel, with Skurge sacrificing himself to delay the coming forces of Ragnorak and in the end being welcomed into Valhalla
>>
File: Question.jpg (126 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
Question.jpg
126 KB, 600x375
>>78031727
>even though it's obvious why it was cut
Was it because they forgot to do half the cgi and the parts that they did sucked?
>>
>>78042909
They developed the character much more than in the first one. It wasn't a lot, but it's more than the very limited development exclusive to Tony in the first one.
>>
File: 1449557627639.gif (63 KB, 398x336) Image search: [Google]
1449557627639.gif
63 KB, 398x336
>>78034027
>>78034812
>>78034969
>>78039940
>Marvel drones defending Week of Quiptron
>>
>>78043062
Are you retarded?
>>
>>78033168
An even more serious Thor? For real? Thor 2 was already the most unfunny, humorless protagonist of any Marvel property, please let's not deprive him from what humor he has left.
>>
>>78033612
No, that's beholden to the guy who thought Ultron beat Tony at making omelettes.
>>
>>78042293
>They killed him because Fox got to him first.
That doesn't make any sense. Are you saying it was just cause they didn't want him in future films, for some reason, just because DoFP got to him first? Because it can't be a legal thing, or else they would've cut him entirely from AoU.
>>
>>78044180
Characters can be interesting without being funny you know
>>
>>78034969
WOULD HAVE OR WOULD'VE

of is not a contraction of have
>>
>>78044321
Sure, but you don't want your protagonist te be outshined by any other character in the movie.
>>
>>78044255
>. Are you saying it was just cause they didn't want him in future films, for some reason, just because DoFP got to him first?

Yes. They don't want to cross promote Fox stuff, and they want to show off characters Fox can't use. Nothing legal about it, they just don't want to call attention to the X-men films by featuring the same character.

And probably also just as a fuck you we've got cooler characters anyway to Fox.
>>
>>78044255

I just assumed because of their questionable rights that Fox got QS and Marvel got SW to avoid dramas.
>>
>>78032250
>The spectacle of having all the heroes together in a film was gone,
it was there with that hydra base or whatever. it just went to shit after.
>>
>>78045015
I think that anon means it was no longer a novelty.
>>
>>78033612
It was cut, simply because if Vision begins his life starting a fight, and not saying a word throughout the whole thing, then it takes away from the "For War and Death I was bred, but for Peace and Life I was born!" aspect of the character.
>>
>>78044180
Thor TDW was not funny at all- but it was definitely a comedy.
>>
>>78045174
Not really. He starts fighting because that what he was made for but the moment he gets knocked toward the glass and sees the (most likely beautiful) skyline, he gains his purpose to protect.
>>
>>78045652
Yeah, but that's what I mean.
If two five seconds before that, he was engaged in a battle with the heroes, then that is way too harsh of a reverse heel turn.
Him lunging at Thor for a moment before getting knocked to the window post-haste works, because he's just new and confused. But if we see him actually battling them, and battling them well, and then in the span of 2 seconds he decides that life is worth protecting because he saw a proverbial rainbow?

It would have come off as a parody of Disney, if anything.
>>
>>78044740
Bryan Singer said he has plans for Scarlet Witch.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.