[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Marvel ruined him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: comics-deadpool.jpg (134 KB, 732x1091) Image search: [Google]
comics-deadpool.jpg
134 KB, 732x1091
>Marvel ruined him
>>
>>78027433

>Daniel Way ruined him

Fixed that for ya OP.
>>
Howso?

I mean, I'm a Deadpool fan, but I don't think he's been through the wringer the way that characters like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Batman and Superman have
>>
>>78027980
he ruined him for a couple years but once Way's run ended, it was followed up by one of his all-time best runs on par with Kelly's. Uncanny X-force ran concurrently with Way's run for the latter half and that had a fantastic Deadpool.
>>
>>78028023
Overused/overexposed him and so had to water him down

>>78028151
Putting him on teams was the death blow
>>
>>78028207
>Putting him on teams was the death blow
What? Uncanny X-force was fantastic and he was one of the best parts about it.
>>
The current Deadpool books are good, he is not having it bad, dont complain so much.
>>
>>78028207
>had to water him down
How in the fuck is he "watered down"?

You sound like someone that doesn't actually read comics let alone Deadpool comics that's fresh outta reddit and wants to share his hot opinions.
>>
>>78028261
He's a straight up hero now, has been for years
>>
>>78028301
Thus completing a 20 year long character arc to get to this point and the logical endpoint after the events of Kelly's run, Cable & Deadpool, and the NOW P&D run. Are you one of those people that just wants a character to stagnate in the same status quo for all time and never grow? While we're at it, let's turn Spidey back into a struggling photographer working for the Daily Bugle. Ooh, and let's take Dick Grayson and turn him back into Nightwing so he can be the Batman of Bludhaven for all time.

And even then, he's still very much an anti-hero.
>>
>>78027433
What are your favorite Deadpool comics, anon?
>>
>>78028371
>let's turn Spidey back into a struggling photographer working for the Daily Bugle. Ooh, and let's take Dick Grayson and turn him back into Nightwing so he can be the Batman of Bludhaven for all time.
Yes, let's
>>
>implying sufferingpool wasn't GOAT
>>
File: wdy.gif (858 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
wdy.gif
858 KB, 400x200
>>78027433
i haven't read marvel comics since fear it self

what happened to deadpool?

is he a meme le random internet reference character now?

the last thing i remember abot him is that cool team up with taskmaster vs the thunderbolts
>>
>>78028530
>the last thing i remember abot him is that cool team up with taskmaster vs the thunderbolts
That arc is from Deadpool's all time worst run and pretty much the only period of time where he was written as meme le random internet reference character.

We're currently in the golden age of Deadpool comics. The main comic is the best its been since Kelly's run, some even arguing that it's better. Meanwhile they've brought back Kelly to do a Spider-man/Deadpool ongoing. Brought back Nicieza to do a new Cable & Deadpool mini. He's also one of the main characters of Uncanny Avengers, which is being written by the same writer as the main series, who has proven himself to be a top tier Deadpool writer.

Hell, they're even giving Rob Liefeld a Deadpool OGN if you're into some 90s nostalgia.

Anyone that's not hype for current Deadpool isn't a true Deadpool fan, to be honest family.
>>
>>78028371
I completely agree with this guy.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.