[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post a character you hate and spoiler the only thing you liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 540x487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 540x487
Post a character you hate and spoiler the only thing you liked about said character.

Pic related. At least he looked adorable when he was a kid
>>
File: HATRED.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
HATRED.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
He's the most successful antagonist of all time, like literally there is not a single person who would side with this fucktard. thats when you know you've made a good villain/antagonist
>>
>>78020425
Then again, we gotta make a even bigger asshole that makes Bloo look like a saint in comparison.
>>
Ford was a fan darling until his actual character/personality was shown. I think the Mystery Trio AU is still popular, but he is the complete opposite of what the fandom thought he was going to be.

And really, I'm fine with that. I don't think the story as it is would have worked if Ford wasn't a massive dick with a hero complex. If he was a lovable nerd the fall out wouldn't have made much sense.
>>
>>78018728
OP
>>
>>78022029
I just feel like both were in the wrong here
>>
File: Reflection.png (734 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Reflection.png
734 KB, 1920x1080
>>78022029
>>78023206
Ford's personality is really complex.

He's selfish to an extent but he aims to change the world for the better and partly a lovable nerd as well. His problems being his hubris and hero complex, the characteristics that led to his tragic downfall. Which he now is trying to make up for.
>>
>>78024346
I think the fault is at the Journals
>Gideon uses it to take over the world
>Ford makes the journals to chronicle the town to the point it alienates everyone
>>
>>78020425
>He's the most successful antagonist of all time, like literally there is not a single person who would side with this fucktard. thats when you know you've made a good villain/antagonist

Is this memeposting?
>>
>>78023206
Stan was in the wrong originally but he got more than his fair share of punishment for an honest mistake.

I'm 100% with Stan on the Ford thing.
>>
>>78027287
Seeing how Stan is averse to honest work and cheated off Ford's papers, I can imagine he was a kind of lousy person back then. I imagine Ford's resentment of his freeloading brother who didn't pay back with anything but hollow solidarity grew for some time until denying him prestigious school and being all "At least now you will do what I want" was the last straw. And Stan only learned to value his brother once he lost everything.
>>
>>78027454
But he still got what he wanted, not the exact school but a prestigious school. He got his grant and his success.

Stan? He got thrown out and disowned by his family. Had to live a shiftless life for years until he thought he could reconcile with Ford, only to be condescended to and treated like a pawn? I think Stan got the raw deal here.
>>
>>78027619
Stan didn't deserve it, but I suspect back then he didn't really deserves brotherhood either.
Kinda like Mabel
>>
>>78027730
All he ultimately wanted was to be with his brother and fulfil his dream. Stan's not a good man, but he was made that way by his past. Meanwhile Ford held onto a petty grudge for years and failed to see Stan as anything but a pawn.

That said it's not like Stan deliberately sabotaged his brother's life. Everything was an accident.
>>
>>78018728
>betrayed by his own brother
>maybe twice, depending on whether or not you count the portal as an accident
>tricked by dorito meme demon
>spent 30 years in a place that drove McGucket mad in 5 seconds

And you're surprised he's a bit of an ass?
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 427x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 427x542
>>78018728
As seen here
>>
>>78027825
I think Stan took his brother for granted and fucked up everything. Ford was also kind of dick. That's the kind of tragedy that was really good.

Meanwhile Mabel is even worse then Stan and Dipper is letting her boss himself around and I imagine they will end up the same if not worse.
>>
File: airachnid and arcee.png (216 KB, 641x342) Image search: [Google]
airachnid and arcee.png
216 KB, 641x342
>>78018728

I think Ford was justified in his actions all things considered.

I don't really like Airachnid but in the Japanese dub she's a boy crazy yandere and that's hilarious.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.