[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Character Design Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 15
File: Alyson Character Sheet1.png (373 KB, 1366x686) Image search: [Google]
Alyson Character Sheet1.png
373 KB, 1366x686
How many people on /co/ actually have characters they've created and drawn? I don't mean "OCs" but actual original characters. Post your own and critique others'.

I have 2 for you
Name: Alyson
Ideal medium: animated series
Personality: Brash, tomboyish, energetic, a trouble maker but not really "rebellious"
Character strengths: Complete disdain for drama or bullshit and distances herself fully from those things. Despite her abrasiveness, she is fiercely loyal to anyone she feels has truly earned her respect.
Character Flaws: Complete lack of ambitions or goals in life. A drifter. Her avoidance of conflict and drama can come of as being self centered as she largely doesn't care about things she sees as "not her problem." She also avoids her own problems and complicated home life with an unhealthy escapism she finds in video games and fantasy.
Story: She and her best friend are two gamers with overactive imaginations who get into misadventures both in the games they play and in their everyday school lives. Some episodes are completely within a video game, some completely in reality, most some level of mixture between both.
>>
File: models.png (988 KB, 3016x1363) Image search: [Google]
models.png
988 KB, 3016x1363
>>78015232
I got these dumb mother fuckers.
>>
>>78015296
>I don't mean "OCs" but actual original characters.
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>78015330
I believe he means you actually have plans for these characters.
Like, as opposed to a Sonic OC, a character derived from another existing medium, it's a character you created for some purpose.
>>
>>78015330
I just meant no "sonic OC" style character. Just completely original ideas and not characters based on other series.
>>
File: Gwendolyn Character Sheet.png (1 MB, 1366x686) Image search: [Google]
Gwendolyn Character Sheet.png
1 MB, 1366x686
>>78015232
OP here with my 2nd character from a different series
Name:Gwendolyn
Ideal medium: animated series
Personality: innocent and fun loving, energetic and adventurous. Wants everyone to be happy.
Character strengths: Very kind. Because the series is largely about her growth as a character, her strength shows more in the later episodes with her being very mature and responsible for her age.
Character Flaws: Early on in the show she is very innocent and naive. While she is usually well mannered and considerate of the larger perspective, sometimes she does get frustrated when she doesn't get her way.
Story: Kind of the cross between the disney princess genre, the magical girl genre, and lord of the rings. Kingdom of paradise proves to be less and less of a paradise as the protagonist is groomed into her role as the next in line for the throne.
>>
File: Flag6.png (420 KB, 1279x1027) Image search: [Google]
Flag6.png
420 KB, 1279x1027
>>78015733
Side note. This series includes a group of villains who are a group of light magic wielding crusaders who ruthlessly and indiscriminately destroy the dark magic users. (although I could never design on a color scheme for them)
>>
>>78015330
I guess actual characters you feel attached to and want to do something with.
>>
File: Mental Rental CREW.png (336 KB, 2667x1111) Image search: [Google]
Mental Rental CREW.png
336 KB, 2667x1111
Mental Rental is a series I've been working on for maybe 8 years now. Soon I want to finally begin it as a webcomic like homestuck or something
>>
File: revbas.png (6 KB, 294x424) Image search: [Google]
revbas.png
6 KB, 294x424
ex-military alien semi-shape-morpher
>>
File: Inmate Kuipter.png (6 KB, 370x392) Image search: [Google]
Inmate Kuipter.png
6 KB, 370x392
dumping time donut steel
>>
File: In the Datamind.png (159 KB, 917x667) Image search: [Google]
In the Datamind.png
159 KB, 917x667
>>78017174
I was also thinking of making it an animated flash series or pitching my idea to a company or something
>>
File: Poxten.png (11 KB, 398x704) Image search: [Google]
Poxten.png
11 KB, 398x704
>>
>>78015957
For what it's worth, I like the middle left, white on blue makes sense.

Armor looks fine, but you don't need to match the shield to the rest, it can share elements of the design but the copy/paste effect or illusion whatever you want to call it, throws off the image balance.
>>
File: Hugh Crypto.png (77 KB, 369x333) Image search: [Google]
Hugh Crypto.png
77 KB, 369x333
>>78017247
I had the idea of a digital being named Hugh Crypto being the main villain who resides in a realm called the Datamind.
>>
File: Claire.png (32 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Claire.png
32 KB, 1000x1000
Protag of a comic I'm making with a pal. Its about gay girls doing gay things with each other.
>>
>>78017304
I've kind of storyboarded scenes I want to implement but never completed it's storyline first.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 960x720
>>78015957
Something draws my eye to the largest one. I like the icy blue, if in action it glowed that'd be rad.

This guy is a baddie for a webcomics, but not a major one. Monster of the week type deal and all. His name is Frosty, not because of ice powers(he's a cigarette monster) but because he's an iceman and he's literally a Frosty brand cigarette. These are multiple designs based on the same idea for his face.
>>
>>78015296
>>78015733
>>78017174
All these designs seem to lack a color scheme. You can put colors on a character but if they dont look good together it ends up looking like you used the default pallets on MSP
>>
File: Haley Design.png (184 KB, 708x1833) Image search: [Google]
Haley Design.png
184 KB, 708x1833
>>78017346
I've been reworking the characters every so often to see what looks really stick
>>
>>78017331
it sounds like i would be very invested in this comic

got a link?
>>
File: Gorls.png (33 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Gorls.png
33 KB, 768x1024
>>78017486
The comic is still in planning and character/world building as of now, I do have a blog tho
Saturnud.tumblr.com
>>
>>78017566
whoops I meant
Saturnbud.tumblr.com
>>
all these designs are nice,but a visit to /ic/ would do yall some good
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.