[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went WRONG??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: ungood.jpg (93 KB, 537x516) Image search: [Google]
ungood.jpg
93 KB, 537x516
what
went
WRONG??
>>
The absolute lack of advertising, combined with being the second Pixar movie in a year.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
The only good dinosaur is a dead dinosaur.
>>
>>77998295
it was a shiity and boring movie
>>
>>77998295
Pixar hasn't really made a Pixar-quality movie since WALL-E

fuck disney.
>>
I still have no idea what this movie is actually about.
>>
>>77998295

Too generic.

Also photorealistic backgrounds against plastic looking dinos.
>>
Haven't seen it yet. What makes it bad?
>>
It's not a princess movie. It's also not Jurassic World.
>>
>>77998295
The dinosaur fad passed ages ago.
>>
>>77998802
It's a cowboy film.

All the advertising makes it look like Land Before Time + some wild kid.

People can't even tell the Green thing is supposed to be a boy from the advertisements, fucking stupid.
>>
The dinosaurs were just too poorly drawn. And I know what they said about it being inspired from a child's view of a dinosaur, but who gives a crud about a child's drawings? They get those drawings in their heads because they see badass dinosaurs from better movies. Maybe a dinosaur movie wasn't the best thing in general. It's gotten played out.
>>
It had so little advertising I didn't even hear about it beforehand much less know that it was a Pixar movie or what it was about.

The movie isn't wasn't bad, but it was generic as hell.

I did enjoy it at the time so I guess it's fine, but I don't remember much of it, either.
>>
>>77998785
Up was decent. Your point still stands
>>
So.....I hear this movie has a rushed feeling as well.

Is this becoming a bad trend for Pixar? Where the movie is an hour 40 or 30 but feels like it was only an hour long?

Noticed that first with Brave
Then Inside Out [which was okay...why are people acting like its the Citizen Kane of fucking animated flicks?]
>>
>>78000109
Didn't get the Inside Out hype either, Up made me feel far more 2bh
>>
>>78000109
I saw Inside Out last week. I don't get the hype for it either. Even my parents put it on a pedestal. I thought it was a solid story, but underwhelming and not nearly as emotional as people play it out to be.
>>
I didn't even know this movie had come out until a few days ago. Did they even advertise it at all?

Also, is it bad? Is it another one to add to the list of disappointing Pixar movies?
>>
>>78000421
It's no Cars 2 but it's certainly no Toy Story either.
>>
>>77998295
nothing special about it expect backgrounds cgi but thats for nerds not casuals understand anything about it
>>
>>77998295
Why did The Good Dinosaur need to have cartoony characters on realistic environments. We had good realistic/semi-realistic characters on movies like the Final Fantasy movies and Inside Out.
>>
>>77998359
Yea, this. I was so surprised when I heard this was out, whereas Inside Out had a HUGE marketing campaign
>>
>>77998295

Predictability

I asked myself how does a parent die
I even quoted lines as they were happening.
>>
>>78000421
>Did they even advertise it at all?
I saw some adverts on Disney World buses and a preview screening at Hollywood Studios and that's about it.
>>
It came out right after Inside Out. They should have waited to release it early next year.
>>
>>78000130
>>78000331
I liked Inside Out, it just felt short as fuck.
>>
>trying to make the poster look like httyd to gain more viewers
>>
>>78001318
And compete with star wars/ kung fu panda?
>>
Why didn't they just make it like finding Nemo? Not too cartoony animals in realistic (but not ultra-real) backgrounds.
>>
I think the movie was alright and could of been really good if the plot wasn't rushed and it had a more satisfying payout at the end.
also is it just me or is this movie more...violent than past films. The main dino fucking suffers in this movie, and the scene where they rip that on critter to bits made my little cousin freak out.
>>
File: grate.jpg (43 KB, 620x586) Image search: [Google]
grate.jpg
43 KB, 620x586
>>77998295
>be me go see movie only with mum cause little sis flaked on us
> have a dad that died suddenly at the age of 6
>dadosaur is kill
>mom wont stop crying for 10 minutes even cynical ass me is getting teary eyed
>god dam it
>>
>>77998295
Its not land before time plus the characters designs are so repugnant they should fire the artist behind it.
>>
>>78001563
I think the dino looks quite nice. I like him more than I like most of the designs from inside out.
>>
Character designs meant to help with merchandising end up hurting the film.

The story is as bland as dry toast AND doesn't really get it's hooks into you.
>>
I haven't seen it yet, but I have no desire to. It looks painfully generic.
>>
I liked the movie. It was better than Inside Out to me, it had better comedy aspects to it, and it hits way harder emotionally.
>>
Lasseter thinks that anything, ANYTHING, that crosses his mind should become a movie.
>>
>>78001473
>could of
Kill yourself.
It's could "have", often shortened to "could've". See how it makes grammatical sense now? How can a native speaker not understand this before they turn 10 years old?
>>
The Land Before Time was good because it took a bunch of cute dinosaurs and beat the living shit out of them for an hour before finally giving them a happy ending-- you know, the classic Don Bluth Formula.

This film dearly needed that.
>>
The art style is horrible.
>>
>>78002790
>He's a grammar nazi on the internet
>He does it for free
>>
>>77998295

they wouldn't let it die. that's what went wrong.

don't get me wrong, this had some good bits - the relationship between Spot and Arlo was great, for example - but from what I hear, this was just an unworkable concept from the get-go.

I understand wanting to create a good movie, especially when the animation costs as much as it did, but when a film has to go through so much work that a whole new director needs to be put on the train and the whole damn thing gets re-made from the ground up, then you've really got to wonder if there's not something fundamentally wrong that just can't be worked around.

seriously though, when one project is being so awkward that another one has to be pushed back and another pulled forward, you've got a seriously big problem there and at some point you just have to leave well enough alone.
>>
File: 25517l.jpg (95 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
25517l.jpg
95 KB, 355x500
I found the whole Mark thing to be kinda weird, same with the farm. Like when the parents died what were the kids going to do? Though is it bad if while watching it I really felt like just watching other better dinosaur movies.
>>
>>77998900
As long as there are children, there will be dinosaur toys to sell them.
>>
>>78002790
Every time I see "could of" I want to point it out like this because it bugs the hell out of me and I hate thinking of how many people are embarrassing themselves going around spelling it like that and making themselves look stupid. But then I rarely actually saying anything because I also dislike replies like >>78003542. So, thanks. Good on you for actually pointing it out.
>>
I thought it was good.

I mean not their best, but good.
>>
I have no interest to see this film. When I first heard the concept of dinos that never went extinct building their own human-like civilization, I was really intrigued. Dinos with modern-day tech, or even amish-like farming communities sounded neat. That was the hook for me: dinosaurs acting like people. But then I heard the film went through lots of changes, and now from what I see of the marketing it looks mostly like an anthro dino and a caveman kid that acts like a dog go on a roadtrip through the wilderness together, and that just doesn't grab me.

I have heard there are T-Rex ranchers that make at least part of the movie into a western, and that sounds cool. But also hearing that an exec's cowboy boner ultimately resulted in the cut of a great idea for a big climactic scene where the human boy invents fire just so they could insert a cliche sort of turns me off from it, and I never really liked westerns anyway.
>>
>>78001383
Short? It was already repetitive enough as it was.
>>
I liked it a lot and honestly I was a lot more emotional than previous movies.

Yeah it was simple but I still got invested in the characters and thought the western/cowboy take was interesting. But I wish there was more done with the T-Rexs or other dinosaurs tho with this idea.

Also I have to admit the two comedic scenes had me laughing really harder than it should have.

I loved it but can see why people find it generic. However the animation cant help but make me hype for Incredibles 2. Which the first is my favorite pixar movie.
>>
>>77998295
Not enough feathers.
>>
>>77998295
They took a bunch of concepts done better in other movies and tried to fit them all into one. It was just so incredibly boring.
Also the kid they hired to voice Arlo had a really annoying voice. They should have kept the original actor instead of firing him along with the rest of the cast.
>>
Felt like a jumbled mess to me. Too many familiar concepts, and secondary characters had little reason to be in the film given how much screentime they had.
>>
/r/ing link to that video where they talked about the movie landscapes
>>
>>77998295
dinosaur movies suck
>>
>>77998295
Lack of advertising
pretty generic

Still are great movie
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.