[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this compare to Agents of SHIELD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: agent-carter-768.jpg (226 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
agent-carter-768.jpg
226 KB, 768x1024
How does this compare to Agents of SHIELD?
>>
It's shorter, so they skip filler episodes and just run with a solid main storyline overall. Good series.
>>
>>77991176
Better tits

Protagonist way hotter that the chink in AoS
>>
>>77991250
Agreed. And Peggy's friendship with Jarvis is great. He's a lot of fun.
>>
>>77991176
Better.
Nicer setting and doesn't feel as bloated.

Imo:
Flash>Carter>Arrow>AoS
>>
>>77991176
Atwell is hot, the story is condensed, and I love the relationship between Peggy and Jarvis.

It's what SHIELD should've been before SHIELD gave up and became Marvel's Agents of X-Men.

7/10, worth a watch if you like SHIELD.
>>
>>77991250
>>77991907

These are the two things I like about the show. Pacing was on point and Jarvis was based.

What I didn't like was that Peggy was sort of over-powered. She just punched her way through the plot.
>>
So much better than AoS that it's not even funny...
>>
Season one was as good as AoS has finally become. I'd give both shows a 7/10 at this point. Better than Iron Man 2 but it's definitely no GotG or Winter Soldier.
>>
>>77991176
Solid story and great conspiracy, but more on the nose with its message than AoS. I wouldn't say it's better since AoS' last two seasons are great, but there's a neat balance.

>>77992813
>What I didn't like was that Peggy was sort of over-powered. She just punched her way through the plot.

That's true, she also figured out everything somehow with barely any help from Jarvis. Not that I didn't like Jarvis, I was just expecting him to be a bit more like Alfred.
>>
I have no words for how much I wish to plow Haley Atwell
>>
I'm looking forward to season 2. I have no interest in watching any more of Agents of Shield.
>>
>>77993464
When did you stop? Because it's gotten breddy good.
>>
>>77993489
This, though I'm behind several episodes.

>>77993464
I want Season 2 to be set in the 50s, and have each season be set in a different decade as SHIELD forms and HYDRA slowly takes control.

Bonus points if they show the inevitable scene where Howard Stark and Peggy have sex and she gives birth to a son named Anthony
>>
>>77993489
I quit at S3E1
I stuck through the shithole that was the entire 1st season. And then season 2 was like it was maybe finally building up to something but unfortunately ended with the grand finale superhero battle being electric guy grabbing some metal pipes to stop someone.
When S3 started with them completely fucking ignoring the entire S2 first plotline of having a council to make sure Coulson doesn't do stupid shit and suddenly Mack is totally cool with it, plus they still only have Skye "Mary Sue" Daisy as their only powered person and everyone is mysteriously gone, I dropped it.
I really tried to see if the show was good but it's a complete fucking shitshow with no progression and awful writing with pointless plots that barely go anywhere.
>>
>>77994116
I don't agree.
>>
>>77991176
Feminism/10

If you can stand the leftist shilling, it's a rather fun series.
>>
>>77995834
Not everything is shilling you guys. Women had to put up with a lot of shit in the '40s.
>>
>>77995873
depends on who you talk to. both of my grandmothers were quite happy while they were still alive to mention any chance they could that living during that time wasn't anything like people claim it was now and that women didn't have it anywhere near as bad as people claim and that they never dealt with "you're a woman" crap but that is just the experience of 2 people so who knows.
>>
>>77995947
Yeah, I'm sure it varied a lot. I've heard someone talk about an old woman who watched Agent Carter and described it as eerily accurate with regard to the sexism of the time. That's a third-hand account of course, but still.
>>
I'm curious if they will do something Pym-related. Wasn't she in Ant-Man? What if they could use a young Hank Pym like they do with Howard?

Have Dennis Leary play Pym.
>>
>watching Marvel TVU
Wow that's desperate. Only DD was good and that was a fluke if JJ is any sort of yard stick
>>
>>77997165
>giving a thief more job
I'm sure he could steal a role if he wanted to anyway.
>>
File: E10YOhP.jpg (121 KB, 936x1401) Image search: [Google]
E10YOhP.jpg
121 KB, 936x1401
Fun action scenes, awesome relationship between Jarvis/Peggy, more Howard appearances, and Hayley is 10/10, what more do you need?
>>
>>77995834
A little extreme on the angst, but this was my problem as well. They force the girl power vibe a little hard sometimes rather than let it just happen and be observed.

>>77991176
I think it's good but it's hard to choose since we've only had one season. Like others said pacing is better but AoS has been around for me since college got hard as fuck has always been my Tuesday study break so I feel attached and looking at how far AoS has developed it's characters it's hard not to like it more.
>>
>>77998261
I thought they did a great job with the "girl power" angle. Multiple times Carter makes it a point not to sit and argue/get upset, she just leaves and beats up the bad guy or solves the crime or whatever. I was expecting it to be done not so well so I was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>77998298
That's true, I suppose more the commercials are marketing are what I feel is shoving it hard and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But I should rewatch the first season.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.