[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/ 2015/01/04/dan-slott-exp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Dan_Slott-3.jpg (27 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
Dan_Slott-3.jpg
27 KB, 250x247
http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2015/01/04/dan-slott-explains-silks-popularity/

>“Marvel is ramming this new Silk character down our throats.”
>Nope.
>Want to know who chose to put out a new SILK book?
>The fans.
>No. Not the small, angry, vocal subsection that likes to rant on message boards. The tens of thousands of fans who voted in comic book shops across America and the world.
>Marvel had no advance plans of putting out a Silk book. None whatsoever.
>But then ASM #1 was the best selling comic of the 21st century. Fan mail came in and– universally– wanted to know more about Silk. And then the book had to go back to press.
>And then ASM #2 performed better than anyone expected. More Silk fan mail came in. And the book had to go back to press.
>And then ASM #3 performed better than anyone expected. Again. More Silk fan mail came in. Again. And the book had to go back to press. Again.
>And then ASM #4 REALLY performed better than anyone expected. Even MORE Silk fan mail came in. And the book had to be RUSHED back to press.
>And it all happened again with ASM #5.
>And again with ASM #6.

>In the middle of all of THAT, and based off of fan reaction, is when one of the big wigs said, “We should do a Silk book.”
>Fans made it happen.
>It’s THAT simple.
>That is the REALITY of the situation plain as day.
>>
>>77983942
>Two main kinds of posts have, this past year, brought me back on these message boards.
>1) A fan’s heartfelt FEAR of a story/outcome that they BELIEVED might happen.

>and

>2) A regular hater of the book who– through things I’ve said in interviews, online, or just how they (inaccurately) have interpreted things I’ve written in the comics– have taken the position that they KNOW what I’m thinking, believing, or intending.
>And that’s patently insane.
>It’s kind of like the ending to the movie THE TRUMAN SHOW, where Truman points to his head and says “You never had a camera in here.”
This guy doesn’t have a CLUE what I’m thinking, believing, and especially what I’m intending.
>But he thinks he does. He’s so sure of that, that he’s bought into his own fiction with a zealous certainty.
>More than any, his posts are the weirdest for me to read. Because he’s usually so completely off from what’s the REALITY of the situation. But he’s so dead on sure that he’s NOT.
>>
marvel a shit
>>
>>77983942
Go to bed dan
>>
Who gives a shit? Silks book turned out to be the best spider-book anyway.
>>
>>77983942
>one of the big wigs said
hahaha. the fans "clearly" wanted it
>>
I'd be willing to give Silk a chance... after Slott is off Amazing.

Right now the association is too strong. It'd be like going to eat at the Red Lobster where the drug dealer who sold your friend the horse he overdosed on works. Fuck that guy.

I mean, it's not like she can be worse than Jessica Drew.
>>
>>77983942
But I like Silk...when she's not written by Slott. Her book is better than ASM.
>>
>>77983942
How much back hair do you think he has?
>>
>>77983942
>But then ASM #1 was the best selling comic of the 21st century
No shit, Spider-Man is literally Marvel's Batman. He sells no matter what. Normies and paid reviewers eat that dogshit up no matter how shitty (same with Snyder's Batman). This combined with the fact that Slott always uses controversy and events to sell his book (just like Snyder's Batman).

Not to mention it's a Marvel Number One issue, which as we all know will totally be worth something some day!!!
>>
>>77984947
All of it.
>>
>>77984056
And now he's trying to take credit for it.
>>
>>77983942
>Slott will never let go of the ASM book
>even in 2081, Slott is still writing Spider-Man
>20XXXXXXX
>Slott Clone #100-129X is still writing ASM
>>
>>77985070
But Silk in her book isn't like Silk in Slott's book? She's actually cute and funny and not a deux ex Mary Sue Blow-up doll.
>>
>>77985175
>The Clone Saga starts to refer to a series of lauded award winning fan-favorite runs all done by consecutive Slott clones
>>
>>77985070
>And now he's trying to take credit for it
You know the OP's interview is from January 4th? Before Silk's book even launched?
>>
>>77985231
Sure, but he's claiming that the popularity of Silk was through her presence in ASM.

>>77985272
Yes, but he's claiming that through the publication of ASM and Silk's presence in the book, a fanbase grew.
>>
File: slott's personal mary sue.png (503 KB, 613x820) Image search: [Google]
slott's personal mary sue.png
503 KB, 613x820
>>
Slott needs to lose or gain some weight. He's too big to be a normal fat guy but too small to be one of those bedridden comically fat people.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.