[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how old were you when you mostly grew out of Marvel and got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: marvel.jpg (228 KB, 1000x571) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
228 KB, 1000x571
So how old were you when you mostly grew out of Marvel and got into the superior Vertigo and independent comics?
>>
>>77980781

Fuck off hipster scumbag
>>
>>77980781
>b8 but I agree with it

about 16 or 17
>>
>>77980781
15 years ago. I'm still fond of some DC obscure stuff, and X-Men.
>>
About nine or ten, one of the perks of having a father who's into comic as much as I am.

Then when I was thirteen I realized that caring about companies and characters as a whole instead of stories and art is juvenile.
>>
>>77980828

I will be honest. This is exactly true. I made this as a bait thread but also do believe at some point you need to look at Marvel and think "this can't be the height of art comics are capable of can it?"
>>
>>77980781
Everything besides Frank is fag shit.

Frank and Uncle Scrooge.

You faggots remember, and tell your faggot friends.
>>
File: 1393357425759.jpg (21 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1393357425759.jpg
21 KB, 367x451
>>77980781
>thinking anyone on /co/ grew out of Marvel
to claim that you have to at least stop putting attention to what they do, much less create threads about it or enter every thread to shit on stuff you don't read.
>>
>>77980873
Don't get me wrong but are you the one who posts in movie threads about how Zack Snyder is a great movie director and MoS was a great film and Marvel only makes ''flicks''?
>>
>>77980781

I never go into Marvel. It's a dull universe with no consequences. When every event is huge none of them are
>>
>>77980873
Not everything needs to be high art.

It's okay to like comics with meaning and purpose and ALSO like black-and-white morality plays about men in long underpants.
>>
I was always able to accept DC as the pinnacle of comics as a medium
>>
>>77980937
>ALSO like black-and-white morality plays about men in long underpants.

DC, Valiant and just Invincible alone do it better
>>
>>77980781
When I was ~14. Then 'round when I turned 18 I realised that that's a stupid mentallity and there's nothing wrong with reading the good stuff out of Marvel while also reading creator-owned and non-cape stuff. What's important is that you're enjoying things and applying arbitrary rankings based off of publishers is an immature mentality adopted by people that have something to "prove."

Since then I've been reading a little bit of everything and couldn't be happier. I've got copies of Corto Maltese, Lone Sloane, Books of Magic, Megahex, and Secret Warriors on my desk as we speak and I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>77980930

No that is not me. I only recently starting lurking on co. Mostly a tv sp and pol guy usually.
>>
>>77980960
very true, but every once in a while marvel gets it done

>bendis/maleev daredevil
>morrison's new x-men
>x-statix
>>
>>77980986
I don't want to start a console war bullshit in this thread. Mostly some faggots will bash me for saying this but IN MY OPINION, Marvel usually does better than DC.
>>
>>77981045

Well are you talking about kid DC or the adult DC stuff?

Also Marvel does tend to look pretty and do the east fun stuff better than DC does theirs.
>>
File: cantwakeup.jpg (15 KB, 181x216) Image search: [Google]
cantwakeup.jpg
15 KB, 181x216
>>77980977
>tv sp and pol
And people wonder why neo-/co/ is so fucking awful. /a/ was right all along. We should never have been so welcoming.
>>
We're stealing /mu/ memes now, but lack the subtlety that make them effective trolls
>>
>>77981113

But even it is just to get replies don't you think the point and discussion is valid? Why not discus Marvel in general and where is stands as far as popularity vs contributing art to the form?
>>
>>77980781
>superior Vertigo
>Literally "Guys, remember Sandman? This is like that but without the good writing or the art... wait where are you going?" the publisher
>thinking any form of american comics is patrician
>no giving in to the Surrender Monkey's hot cartoon bitches and weebshit
>>
>>77980781
Nice Begging the Question fallacy, Op.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.