[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: WEAREROBIN.cover2.FINAL2.jpg (66 KB, 300x457) Image search: [Google]
WEAREROBIN.cover2.FINAL2.jpg
66 KB, 300x457
Is this any good?
>>
S'alright
As far as Robin books go
Grayson>Robin: SoB>WaR>>>>>>RH/A

Seriously, RH/A needs to be given to Doyle as far as editorial goes, I don't get why its stuck with the weird editorial group
>>
>>77977315
It's pretty good if you can handle other races in comics
>>
>>77977344
Might not mean anything, even Doyle has a shit book in Harley under him.
>>
>>77977344
Put Valentine on him and Tim and make Robins for Hire book.
Give Roy back to Green Arrow or Titans.

>>77977391
Yeah but outside of /co/ Harley is universally praised and like most of the Bat-line under Doyle its more than just a cape book.
Doyle would at least make sure it was more than just vague adventures, he'd make Lobdell or whoever spice it up somehow.
>>
>>77977344
>>77977391
So what current books are under Doyle?
>>
>>77977551
Well he's the group editor of the Bat-Line so everything Bat-related excluding RH/A and Teen Titans because they're in a strange floaty place.
Pretty much all of the recent new Bat-books like Gotham By Midnight and Gotham Academy were under him. He's the guy that wants the Bat-Line to be more than just
Batman
Batman in Bludhaven
Batman but a girl
etc.
>>
>>77977344
I agree with this. It's good enough that I'll probably read the storytimes on /co/, but I won't be going out to buy the TPB.
>>
>>77977660
For some reason Midnighter is also under him.

Is it considered a Bat book?
>>
>>77977734
Well its current strongest ties to any other book or line is with Grayson so I guess thats why
>>
>>77977391
Harley is just mediocre. Barely anything more than a comedy book and fetish dumping ground for writers. RH/A and TT are 10x worse than Harley Quinn. Even Harley had an okay arc with the Power girl and gang of Harleys.
>>
>>77977315
It's slow to pick up, and I think Tom King writes a better Duke, but it's a solid read overall. It's one of Doyle's "worst" books, but still readable. And is the best teenage superhero team-up DC currently has.
>>
>>77977488
Doyle would just give the book to a new writer with a fresh idea, rather than use it as welfare for Lobdell
>>
>>77977315

I had a few problems in the beginning with the premise, but my worries are getting tackled in the Robin War so I'm ok with this. It's good.
>>
>>77977315
So far I feel it has one weak issue, 3 good ones, and 2 great ones. Its also one of the few DC books I'm buying. So overall good.
>>
it looks bad
>>
the fill in artist was amazing but it's a 6/10 book
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.