[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't been on /co recently to see the reactions, but am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: JJ.jpg (11 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
JJ.jpg
11 KB, 318x159
Haven't been on /co recently to see the reactions, but am I the only one who genuinely dislikes the Jessica Jones Netflix series?
>>
>>77972536
It has its pros and cons. It takes awhile before it gets good, but it's understandable if you don't like it. I personally like it, I don't even mind the ending.
>>
Don't like Jessica Jones's actress.

Do like the series overall. Luke Cage was good. So was Purple Man.

Do you think Marvel will introduce Speedball? They dropped Hammond Labs as an easter egg.
>>
I didn't like it either OP, I loved Daredevil but JJ just didn't grab my attention.
>>
After all the great reviews, I kinda expected more from it. It's alright, but nowhere near as good as Daredevil in my opinion.

Tennant's Kilgrave is the highlight of the show, no doubt.
>>
>>77972610
Daredevil was actually good though. JJ proved that Marvel netflix DD was a fluke.
>>
The actress is fucking annoying I stopped watching 5 minutes in, make dealings nerdos
>>
May be the worst show I've seen in years, God everything about it was horrible.
>>
>>77972536
I was really disappointed.
>>
>>77972536
no, it's shit. I hate it.
>>
>>77972536
Go watch your normie Age of Ultron
>>
>>77972619
Except the overwhelming positive review of course.
>>
>tfw I'm the only person who liked this more than Daredevil

I'll just hide every JJ thread I see from now on.
>>
Best detective drama this year.
>>
>>77973210
I liked it too, maybe more as well, but then again Killgrave is the best Marvel Villain and Nuke was great too
>>
File: DeadpoolsNoHero.jpg (212 KB, 636x685) Image search: [Google]
DeadpoolsNoHero.jpg
212 KB, 636x685
>>77972536
I liked it.

I hate Tennant in most stuff but like him as Kilgrave.
>>
File: DeathofAres.jpg (613 KB, 1281x997) Image search: [Google]
DeathofAres.jpg
613 KB, 1281x997
>>77972581
The Penance ark for Robbie would kind of fit with the feel of the show, although they'll definitely have to tone the tragedy down unless they actually do Stamford in Civil War.
>>
>>77973210
I liked it more than Daredevil, too. Daredevil was still fantastic, but the only thing I think it did better than JJ was fights, and that makes perfect sense. Jessica is a drunk with super strength, her fights shouldn't be nearly as fun to watch as Daredevil's.
>>
>>77972536
I was pissed when I saw the IGH group, and realized theres nothing like that in the comics... but there is, about a certain MGH (Mutant Growth Hormone).

Which means Nuke, JJ and everyone else are product of Inhuman experiments. Everyone in the MCU are Inhumans or related.
>>
>>77972536

its definitely flawed.

enjoying it well enough 9 episodes in but its feeling awfully decompressed for its storyline. in particular, i'm not seeing where the potential payoff for the lesbian divorce story could be heading, feels awfully tacked on to give the show filler.

never cared for the JJ actress. Cage and Kilgrave stealing the show, however.

inconsistent power usage. if you can bend steel security bars off a window, if you're strong enough to jump out of sight while carrying a man on your back, then you should probably have an easier time dropping grunts. the show probably should have alluded to her holding back against mundane humans as to not kill them with one punch, perhaps she'll still comment on that one but only a couple eps left at this point.

Still the best superhero tv show we've had outside of Daredevil itself. Going from netflix to drek like teen soap operas like Supergirl or Arrow is just painful.
>>
I mostly really liked it; my biggest complaint is that, while Tennant was great for what he was, part of me feels like they humanized him too much in the later episodes.
>>
Yes you're the only person on this board and in the world that disliked thing. U so speshul.
>>
>>77972619
Even most people that hate feminists love JJ. Face it, overall it's a better show.
>>
>>77973171
Just like how Faith or whatever that fattie solo run is being welcomed with open arms or UB Squirrel Girl.

>>77973736
This has nothing to do this disliking feminists. This has to do with Daredevil being better. Sorry if you can't see beyond your agenda.
>>
>>77973736
hahahahhahaha

JJ is trash
>>
Jessica jones was miscast
she should be more lumpy and ehhhhh
should'va been a Trish/Nuke show
that'd be cooler

who has the rights to Firestar?
>>
>>77973736
Based on what criteria?
>>
>>77972536
Yes you are.

You must be some sort of freak of nature not to agree with /hive-mind/.
>>
>>77973345
I thought it was along the ultimate's route where everything is related to failed attempts of the super solider serum.

It makes sense as JJ is linked, Nuke has a not quite cap look, Luke is probably linked, and dollars to donuts the chemicals that hit DD's eyes were from their factory as well.
>>
Rape: The show
>>
This show triggered me because I was raped by Doctor Who.
>>
>>77972536
On episode 5 now, its okay but it just doesn't grab me like DD did. Does it get better?
>>
>>77974149
To me it looked like IGH is the MCU and non-mutant version of the Project Weapon X.
>>
The plot meanders and flops around

It should've been 8 episodes long
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 512x512
I liked everything except maybe the last 3 episodes, which felt rushed but had little moments of gold like the fight between Jess and Cage and the ol' switcheroo in the last fight against kilgrave with the headphones. Everything before those episodes is rock solid: Ritter plays a great fucked up PI confronting her past, the supporting cast is fantastic and organic, and Tennant's Purple Man is both terrifying and charismatic while also skirting the edges of sympathy. There are some interesting moments of gray morality and several times where we see Jess's struggle between washing away her sins and making decisions to serve the greater good.

Unfortunately while I do hold the unpopular opinion that Ritter was a solid casting choice, those last few rushed episodes really do show how much of a gap in acting ability there is between Ritter and her costars. Both the dialogue and the plot seem to stutter along here, and in some places the things everyone (not just Ritter) says borders on camp and even self-parody. The final confrontation between Jessica and Kilgrave is contrived and almost completely lacking in emotional weight. Why are they fighting on a dock and not inside Jessica's old home? Everyone just seemed pressed for time, and the ending felt messy and unresolved. Messy final battle or no, we needed to see where Jess and her supporting cast might go in the future.

deciding whether JJ or Daredevil is "better" isn't too difficult from my end to be quite honest: Daredevil felt more contained, not having to rely on the fact that there would be another show or shows to pick up its loose ends. Some may say that the fight choreography in DD was better, which is true, but the sloppy choreography in JJ was purposeful: Jessica is a completely untrained brawler with superstrength and flying abilities, while Matt is a ninja with supersenses. JJ has admitedly better character progression in those first eight or nine episodes than DD, but DD had higher stakes.
>>
File: 1449394098864.jpg (115 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1449394098864.jpg
115 KB, 960x540
>>77972536
This kind of boring and Jessica is just too mean spirited and annoying even before Kilgrave for me to even care about her.
>>
Its just "okay"
I guess we all expected Daredevil quality but who can blame us?
>>
Jessica saved literally nobody
>>
>>77974462
This is mostly due to Kilgrave being pretty much the only villain. DD had to deal with the entire mob and its branches before getting to Kingpin. Jessica only had to deal with a villain whose only power she was completely immune to the entire season.
Would have been better to introduce Nuke and the company earlier to give her something more than just Kilgrave.
>>
>>77974535
Or perhaps introduce Kilgrave later, but you can tell they were aching to get Tennant on stage as soon as possible
>>
I feel like making Kilgrave in love with Jessica was a mistake.

His death needed a bit more catharsis. We needed to see him squirm more. Have him work on ramping up his powers because he's deathly afraid of Jessica. Reverse the dynamic seen at the beginning of the season where all Kilgrave wants is to get as far away from Jessica as possible. I feel like it would have given his death a bit more of a final emotional release.

Also, follow up on the support group. Have Kilgrave posthumously exposed (thought the hospital footage would lead to this) and his former victims exonerated thanks to Jessica. Make her become the hero she never thinks she can be.
>>
>>77972536
Jessica Jones' actress a shit. She's almost as bad as the protags for the new Star Wars.
>>
>>77974895
Now you've summoned Waifu Defense Force.
>>
>>77974478
wtf WHAT CHARACTER PROGRESSION?
her struggle is usually not involving "Washing aaway her sins or making decisions to serve the good" its "im not making any good decision so imma just do some bad decisions"

U can say oh its bad but bad for a purpose, like the bad choreography was inconsistent. One of the biggest flaws was her powers- they set up the realms and bouandaries of her powers and broke it multiple times- making it really really annoying. Lots of flaws.

>its a virus
>so speaker system spreads it
>>
>>77974591
that transition from COME BACK HERE JESSICA, NOW JESSICA
to him possibly running frmo jessica would be amazing

give him some character growth since only the druggie had any in the show
>>
>>77974913
Maybe the virus was now powerful enough.yo easily spread throughout the building

Kilgrave's words trigger the effects, but it's his presence that spreads the virus
>>
>>77974535
They could have had her investigating individual cases, away from Kilgrave. We didn't see her do much of her actually day job, ya know, being a P.I.

>>77974550
I'm sure the critical acclaim of Fisk, the lackluster villains of the movies and the hope for the Nexflixverse making villains talking about helped.
>>
>>77975103
*worth talking about
>>
>>77974913
They're not in any way smart decisions, or even rational. But that's the point: her character is irrational and damaged. Her view of things and her actions are askew because of her inability to confront and move away from her past. Some examples of this erratic behavior done to
Wash away her sins:
>sleeping with the man whose wife she killed as a means to atone for his loss
>attempting to bring a mind rapist to justice in order to exonerate a girl who is a physical representation of her guilt
Nuke was right all along
>trying to get thrown into SuperMax in order to get Purple Man on camera
>Torturing her rapist as a means to get him to use his powers on camera

Versus The Greater Good:
>Killing Kilgrave; fuck idealism, fuck symbolic representation, fuck all of it.

She's a damaged human being. She's an alcoholic rape victim with super strength trying to do good and hold on to the few ideals she has left, pushing everyone away in an attempt to keep them safe because she considers herself toxic. She attaches meaning and symbols and presuppositions to things as a means to avoid taking action and getting to the root of her problem and confronting her attacker. This evolves into trying to get legal justice for his victims, and by the end of it she's learned that she doesn't have to push people away, and that she has the power to end all of it in one quick decisive neck-snap.

Tl,dr: her whole arc is about her no longer thinking of herself or others in terms of symbols (victim, attacker, innocent, atonement) and just fix the problem by removing kilgrave from the equation.
>>
>>77975391
As an aside, the other characters make mention of how irrational she acts trying to bring Kilgrave to justice for the sake of Hope. Even Hope herself tells her that basically her whole life is completely gone and there's nothing for Jess to fight for outside of killing Purps.
>>
It took me two days to get through the first episode, because it was so boring. I blame it on the fact that the show is assuming that you know everything aren't completely new to this story or franchise. It's trying to be too subtle without just introducing everything and then getting to the story.

I want to watch more, but I don't feel an urgency to do so.
>>
Yes, it was a horrible show.
>>
The show really dragged on with Jessica making plan after plan after plan that always failed horribly, then her yelling at people about how she had to do all the planning despite her last eight attempts failing.

In DareDevil they at least had Matt accomplishing things. Each time he took a bad guy down it felt like he was getting closer to Fisk, and his set backs were less frequent. It felt like progress. Jessica Jones left a huge body count because she didn't want to kill and ultimately had to kill the guy. Which made every fight with the cop before retarded because he was ultimately right and it was her that got all those people killed.
>>
>>77972536

If it wasn't for Purple Man it wouldn't have been as good. I don't see how people could think this show was better than Daredevil. Most of the characters in DD shined while only a few were great in JJ, and the action was far better.
>>
>>77975835
I fail to see how a villain that terrible could've made anything good.
>>
I personally thought it was better than Daredevil and I'm a DDFag
>>
>>77976013

I just enjoyed how much terrible shit he did just for his waifu. I also enjoyed the actor.
>>
>>77974930
This.

Imagine the climax being Kilgrave trying to board a plane or something, throwing everything he can at Jessica to slow her down (since a straght up fight is out of the question). Jessica, full of righteous anger, blood thirsty for vengence, mocking him. COME HERE, KEVIN. NOW, KEVIN.

Daredevils finale, while a bit cheesy, was a fuck yeah! Daredevil! Moment. We never really got a fuck yeah! Jessica! Moment.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.