[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does bruce have more wealth than lex? how about tony stark?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: boys.jpg (336 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
boys.jpg
336 KB, 1280x720
does bruce have more wealth than lex? how about tony stark?
>>
No.

No.
>>
>>77961466
Bruce is only a big shot in a single city. Stark and Luthor are internationally successful businessmen.
>>
>>77961753
>Bruce is only a big shot in a single city
no he isn't. his home is in gotham but wayne enterprises is global. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Enterprises
>>
>>77961753
Lol no
>>
>>77961466
pretty sure Wayne Enterprises is bigger than Lexcorp.

I'm guessing Tony is richer than both just because of how much Marvel likes to power wank.
>>
Tony's wealth fluctuates wildly. So it could be either for him at any given time.
>>
>>77961466
I've always assumed Stark and Luthor would be richer than Wayne because it just seems like the sorts of projects they fund are a lot more out-there and sci-fi-ish (Iron Man's suits, Luthor's genetic experiments and giant robots and whatnot) than the sorts of things Wayne Enterprises are shown as funding (tools that a lot of the time seem to have at least some basis in plausible real-world technology).
>>
>>77961954
Also, Luthor has no problem monopolizing shit and being a total profit-maximizing shark.

Wayne doesn't really seem to care about any of that.
>>
>>77962014
Bruce doesn't actually run his company though.
>>
File: 1406948044565.jpg (83 KB, 820x658) Image search: [Google]
1406948044565.jpg
83 KB, 820x658
Luthor >>> Wayne > Stark

Villains are always more wealthy than heroes. Uk with money being the root of all evil and all.
>>
>>77961466

Bruce has more legal money than Lex
>>
This thread made me look up the Wayne Enterprises on wikipedia and holy shit, that company does everything. Like I don't think there's any real-life equivalent.

Also it never occurred to me that Wayne Enterprises isn't mentioned at all in any of the Burton films
>>
>>77962694
>Like I don't think there's any real-life equivalent.

General Electric is probably close but I'm not sure if they do medical shit
>>
>>77962694

Bruce Wayne is Clarks boss. Wayne enterprises owns the daily planet
>>
>>77962789
only sometimes
>>
>>77962850

Yeah some black asshole owns it now who hasn't been mentioned once since Clark walked. Even though he came back and got kicked out again since then
>>
Wayne is old money. Stark and Lex are new money. so I think its safe to say he probably is richer.
>>
>>77961812
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Enterprises
>"The company is the eighth largest international conglomerate in the DC universe; being exceeded by LexCorp, Stagg Industries, and Ferris Aircraft."

1) LexCorp
2) Stagg Industries
3) Ferris Aircraft
4)
5)
6)
7)
8) WayneCorp / Wayne Enterprises
-- Kord Enterprises (now a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises)

?? Queen Industries
?? S.T.A.R. Labs
?? Maxwell Lord
?? Ra's Al Ghul
>>
The thing about Lex is that he often loses all his dosh due to villainy and has to grow it up again
>>
Their wealth is whatever the plot needs their wealth to be.

Tony, Bruce, and Luthor basically have unlimited and co-equal wealth.

Oliver Queen is generally listed as less than them.

Black Panther is generally listed as having more because Vibranium is ridiculously priced.

None of that is relevant since they each have exactly the amount of money the plot needs them to have at any given moment.
>>
>>77962694

General Electric and Google

Google is getting close
They're opening up robotics divisions, investing in healthcare and education programs. They also want to put wifi and Google fiber everywhere
>>
>>77965189
Yeah Bruce, Lex, and Tony throw their money around willy nilly but are still richer than god most of the time, especially Bruce.
>>
>>77963612
How the fuck is Ferris aircraft so high? It looks like a small time industry in the comics.
>>
File: wayneenterprises.jpg (8 KB, 800x523) Image search: [Google]
wayneenterprises.jpg
8 KB, 800x523
>>77961753
Wrong
>>77961466
Wayne Enterprises is an international conglomerate directly employing over 150,000 people and operating in 160 different countries. It deals in everything you could possibly think of. Automotive, aerospace, heavy industry, food production, consumer electronics, media, entertainment, astronautics, defense, biotechnology, medical care and research, construction, energy, communications, and on and on and on. And of course, in continuities in which it makes an appearance, Applied Sciences is responsible for the development of technologies so advanced that they border on science fiction. Hell, the company even reverse engineers alien and extra-dimensional technologies.

Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp are about equal, and I believe the same goes for the personal fortunes of Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor. We're talking tens of billions of dollars here. The big difference is that LexCorp has no compunctions about the manufacture and sale of weapons. While Wayne Enterprises has defense contracts, particularly shipbuilding for the Navy and aircraft for the Air Force, they won't directly involve themselves in weapons production, for obvious reasons.

As to whether Tony Stark matches up? I couldn't say. There's not a lot of hard info on just what Stark Industries does aside from advanced technology. Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp are the economic hearts of two of America's largest cities. I've never known Stark Industries to have that kind of influence.

However, by his own admission, each one of his suits averages in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Since he has a fairly large number of them, and since he pays for each of them out of his own pocket, one can surmise that, although he may not quite be at Wayne or Luthor's level, he's definitely as wealthy, and probably more so, than the likes of Ted Kord or Oliver Queen
>>
>>77963612
Definitely not Queen Industries.

Who actually owns STAR Labs?

And shouldn't Ra's be richer than all of them? He's had centuries to accumulate his wealth.

Also, I don't know how old this info is, but nowadays, Wayne Enterprises only has one direct competitor, and that's LexCorp. LexCorp is the only one that even comes close.
>>
>>77968256
>He's had centuries to accumulate his wealth.
Wealth devalues pretty fast, though. Aren't there lots of rich people today who own more money than existed 100 years ago?
>>
>>77968528
If he's accruing interest on his wealth, then it will grow.

If the wealth is kept in precious materials, it may also become more valuable.

Also, I think if you consider that he's constantly taking in more wealth in the form of the spoils of war, or contract bounties, I'd imagine he'd be very rich.
>>
>>77968528
>>77968650
Bingo gentlemen. The bulk of his personal fortune is most likely precious materials, not currency. Most of his total wealth is likely measured in what he controls. In his time on Earth, think about how much influence, subtle though it may be, he has gained upon governments and corporations.
>>
>>77967574

Uncle Sam pays about $350 million for a single F-22. Now imagine how much dosh he'll shell out for the sort of experimental super-plane required to fight the aliens and shit that are constantly invading DC Earth.

And that's like, ALL Ferris Aircraft makes.
>>
>>77961934
Yeah, because dc is very modest with power level wanking
>>
>>77963612
Isn't vandal savage crazy wealthy too?
>>
>>77969198
This.

Wayne Enterprises has an aerospace division, but they mainly deal with more conventional stuff. Luxury aircraft, fighter jets, attack helicopters, space shuttles, etcetera.

I think that actually sums up the differences between this company and all the others. Companies like Queen, STAR, Ferris, and others all do something better than anybody else, but that something happens to be their main focus. Wayne Enterprises does pretty much everything, and a whole lot of it. Which is why they're so powerful. And why LexCorp is their only real competitor. Because they do pretty much everything as well.
>>
>>77970101
Yeah, for the same reason Ra's is. Those two are pretty much the only ones who beat out Lex and Bruce for sheer personal wealth.
>>
>>77970211
Does anybody else fucking love this shit? I love all the fictional companies and corporations in these universes. DC has a lot more of it than Marvel, too; DC has a really large number of heroes (and villains) who are industrial tycoons.
>>
>>77970394
Marvel's richest:

T'Challa (Wakanada)
Namor (Atlantis)
Magneto (Genosha)
Stark Industries
Victor Von Doom (Latveria)
Oscorp
Charles Xavier
Daniel Rand (Rand International)
Reed Richards (Future Foundation)
Wilson Fisk
Worthington Industries
>>
>>77963612
How come Ted Kord is treated as a joke character if he's so filthy rich? Like every other person in that list is some brooding badass except Ted Kord
>>
>>77971236
I thought Genosha got nuked off the face of the Earth or something
>>
>>77971236
WAIT WAIT were going by old lists right now! Isn't spiderman rich now?
>>
>>77961753
>Stark
He used to be.
>>
>>77973226
He's part of BWA-HA-HA duo. You'll never take him seriously.
>>
>>77971236
>Oscorp
>Daniel Rand (Rand International)
>Reed Richards (Future Foundation)
>Wilson Fisk
>Worthington Industries

Only businessmen in the list.
T'Challa and Namor are kings. Magneto and Doom are leaders of their own nations (and one doesn't exist anymore I think) while Charles was all old money
>>
>>77969198
Stupid Hal.
>>
>>77973226

Because he doesn't really take himself seriously. He jokes around and plays with Booster Gold a lot and he wears bright colors so its clear to see why he isn't a serious gritty down to business as say Batman.

If I was a millionaire who wanted to be a superhero I would be more Ted than Bruce in a heart beat
>>
>>77973308
Genosha is gone and Latveria is in middle of civil war.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.