[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Serious and gritty" and "fun and lighthearted"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Heaven or Hell.png (489 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
Heaven or Hell.png
489 KB, 636x358
"Serious and gritty" and "fun and lighthearted" superhero movies coexisted in the early 2000's, how come it seems impossible now?
>>
>Marvel releasing fun and lighthearted movies

>DC is doing serious and gritty

I'm not seeing the problem here.
>>
File: Snydereto.jpg (164 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
Snydereto.jpg
164 KB, 670x377
GRIT IS THE FUTURE, KEVIN, NOT FUN

FUN NO LONGER MATTERS
>>
>>77946165
But BvS seems over-the-top and CW feels down-to-Earth.
>>
Super hero movies wasn't such a huge fucking deal back then. It wasn't a billion dollar industry where cape movies were being made every other week. Now an imaginary line in the sand has been drawn and the fans 'need' to pick sides so one of them can make more money than the other.
>>
XMen movies were not 'serious and gritty'.
>>
>>77946165
not in the same movie
>>
>>77946208

>But BvS seems over-the-top

Why? Because of one trailer? The Singer movies were pretty gritty, and the first one ended with Magneto strapping Rogue to a mutant-crating machine that he installed in the Statue of Liberty so it's mutation waves would hit the entire city.

Gritty can also be over-the-top. Shrek Doomsday doesn't preclude the movie from being serious.

>and CW feels down-to-Earth.

Down-to-earth is pretty relative for the MCU.
>>
>X-Men
>seiours and gritty
Kek, how does it feel to be 12 years old OP?
>>
File: Xavifeige.jpg (87 KB, 630x299) Image search: [Google]
Xavifeige.jpg
87 KB, 630x299
>>77946185
ZACK, PLEASE, GRIT WILL NOT BRING PEOPLE JOY
>>
>>77946135
X-Men and Spider-Man both had very serious moments, and some silly moments too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vng1P29QbX4
>>
>>77946224
They were pretty serious and gritty at the time. They had political subtext, harsh language and hard-hitting action in contrast with the influx of cap movies at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD32P4L4g4A
>>
>>77946310
BvS just seems very grandiose. Look at that scene with Superman unmasking Batman. It's very, I don't know, melodramatic. The whole movie seems to be.
>>
>>77946347
>Joy was never an option.
>>
>>77946185
>>77946347
Who's Stryker, then? James Cameron?
>>
>>77946208
>I haven't seen the Flash

It's not down to earth at all. That's why it's great.
>>
>>77946459
CW = Civil War.
>>
>>77946407
That's a dream sequence you retard.
>>
>>77946407
>Look at that scene with Superman unmasking Batman. It's very, I don't know, melodramatic

the word you're looking for is homoerotic
>>
>>77946492
Everything is melodramatic, not only that. Look at literally everything from Eisemberg's Luthor.
>>
>>77946135
I think you need to take a break from /co/.
>>
>>77947002
This is everywhere that takes this movies in our amount of seriousness.
>>
>>77946454
>KILL 'EM ALL

Nah, it's Spielberg.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.