[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /co/! I'm a disgusting normie who say Daredevil on Netflix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1653700-yellow.jpg (45 KB, 600x892) Image search: [Google]
1653700-yellow.jpg
45 KB, 600x892
Hi /co/!

I'm a disgusting normie who say Daredevil on Netflix and wants to get into the comics now. I already ordered Daredevil: Yellow from Amazon, what else should I read? I know everybody's gonna say Frank Miller but I'm not a huge fan of his Batman books other than Year One. Thanks.
>>
Read Bendis' DD run. Starts with "low life" - story and the art style is great.
>>
Frank Miller's Daredevil was "pre-crisis" Frank.

It's good stuff.
>>
>>77940625
Man Without Fear is on the list but I'm not sure about the rest of it.
>>
>>77940526
>I'm not a huge fan of his Batman books other than Year One.
You're in luck because not only is his DD run superior to his Batman work but Born Again is arguably the best DD story written and Has the same creative team as Year One.
>>
File: Daredevil-v1-256_018a.jpg (833 KB, 999x1451) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-v1-256_018a.jpg
833 KB, 999x1451
>>77940526
His Daredevil is much more in line with Year One than the Dark Knight stories

Other than that the Ann Nocenti run is the only other run of the character I I enjoyed
>>
>>77940643
That's interesting because I feel like most of the rest of it is actually better than Man Without Fear.
>>
>>77940771
It's the most common suggestion I've encountered so far.
>>
>>77940771
It makes sense as a recommendation. It's a contained mini rather that a multiple collection or omnibus long run
>>
This goes against what basically everyone thinks, but Bendis' Daredevil is honestly pretty shit. Absolutely awful dialogue, boring as fuck arcs, art is mostly good but sometimes Maleev overdoes it.
>>
>>77940864
I can't stand Maleev at all. In hate that he was on the first arc of Hellboy and the BPRD
>>
How do I find all the issues of these runs in one place? For example, I'm looking at the Bendis "lowlife" stuff now and it tells me the story runs through issue 41 to 45. Is that consolidated into a trade paperback somewhere?
>>
>>77941009
Never mind, I'm dumb. Found the volumes.
>>
>>77940526
>Frank Miller but I'm not a huge fan of his Batman books other than Year One

His DD is much closer to Year One than anyone of his other work.

If you want to read this shit in order then go with Man Without Fear, then Yellow, then the original Miller run, then Born Again. Then stop and never read another DD comic again.

If you MUST though then read Bendis' run then Brubaker's. Waid's run starts out OK, but turns to unreadable garbage after issue #27.
>>
start with whatever the first run is after 9/11 and go from there. Or if you don't mind older comics start with Frank Miller's run

The only time DD has ever been shit was Shadowland, which happened just before Marvel's NOW! relaunch
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.