[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the worst episodes from Golden Age Simpsons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Bv2c_-vIYAQv89X.jpg (29 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Bv2c_-vIYAQv89X.jpg
29 KB, 600x337
What are some of the worst episodes from Golden Age Simpsons? Figured we talk enough about the shitty ones from the later seasons but what are some of the worse ones from seasons 2 through season 8?
>>
>>77939016
>inb4 Principle and The Pauper
>>
>>77939016
You shitting on Cecil, anon?
>>
I really don't like about 80-90% of seasons 7 and 8 and would cut the "golden age" off after the last episodes produced for 6 aired, but I know i'm in the extreme minority

also the season 6 clipshow is the worst shit ever, but I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>77939039
I'd definitely agree with the people who say so but I think most people's definition of Golden Age was 1-8 and if I went to season 9 then all the answer would be from there.
>>77939055
I actually didn't hate the episode. This is just the worst one I could remember. This is the first episode where I felt like Sideshow Bob had lost some of his fun since it's his third outing and besides a couple scenes it isn't the best in writing.
>>
File: 1447587532346.jpg (58 KB, 556x844) Image search: [Google]
1447587532346.jpg
58 KB, 556x844
>>77939092
>Scottish indie-rock band Arab Strap referred to this episode in the lyrics of their debut single "The First Big Weekend"
>Sunday afternoon we go up to John's with a lot of beer in time to watch The Simpsons
>It was a really good episode about love always ending in tragedy except, of course, for Marge and Homer
>It was quite moving at the end and to tell you the truth my eyes were a bit damp
>>
Season 8 is generally questionable.

Before that, I didn't like Two Dozen and One Greyhounds. But even that had See My Vest.
>>
"Homerpalooza" and "When You Dish Upon a Star".

/discussion
>>
File: 1447569391646.jpg (190 KB, 573x654) Image search: [Google]
1447569391646.jpg
190 KB, 573x654
>>77939399
>/discussioning your own post
>>
Brush with Greatness instantly came to mind. I don't remember it well but there was just something about it.

I've never been a huge fan of the Treehouse of Horror episodes either.
>>
File: shazam-suicide.png (305 KB, 318x355) Image search: [Google]
shazam-suicide.png
305 KB, 318x355
>>77939430
>not /discussioning your own post
>>
>>77939092
My grades for Season 7:

Who Shot Mr. Burns Part 2 B+
Radioactive Man B+
Home Sweet Home Diddly-Dum-Doodly C-
Bart Sells His Soul A-
Lisa The Vegetarian A-
THOH VI B-
King Size Homer B-
Mother Simpson A-
Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming A+
The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular A-
Marge Be Not Proud A-
Team Homer B+
Two Bad Neighbors B-
Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield B+
Bart The Fink C+
Lisa The Iconoclast B-
Homer The Smithers B-
The Day The Violence Died A-
A Fish Called Selma C+
Bart On The Road B+
22 Short Films About Springfield A-
Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish" B-
Much Apu About Nothing B+
Homerpalooza A-
Summer of 4'2" B-
>>
>>77939608
And 8:

THOH VII C+
You Only Move Twice B+
The Homer They Fall A-
Burns, Baby Burns B-
Bart After Dark B-
A Milhouse Divided B-
Lisa's Date With Density B+
Hurricane Neddy A-
El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer) B+
The Springfield Files B-
The Twisted World of Marge Simpson B+
Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious B-
The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show B-
Homer's Phobia B-
Brother From Another Series B+
My Sister, My Sitter C+
Homer vs the Eighteenth Amendment C+
Grade School Confidential B-
The Canine Mutiny B+
The Old Man and the Lisa D+
Homer's Enemy B+
The Simpsons Spinoff Showcase D+
>>
>>77939499
I don't mind that one. If there's one classic season episode I don't care for it's Whacking Day, which, similar to what you said, rubs me the wrong way and I can't quite explain why.
>>
>>77939621
I like the Spinoff Showcase as a bitter commentary on those types of shows. Season 8 is full of stuff like that.
>>
File: mulder.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mulder.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>77939621

Mulder really makes Springfield Files GOAT for me.
>>
So as you can see, I definitely think 8 was a step down from 7. However Oakley & Weinstein also overdid it with meta jokes since they thought the show would be ending soon.
>>
>>77939761

Spinoff Showcase is really meant to be taken like that and it makes the episode a lot better.
>>
>>77939729
It's too wacky especially for such an early season, uses a guest star in a ridiculous way that barely passes as ironic, and has a pretty hamfisted moral.
>>
>>77939824
Well, if you don't take it as satire at all that sure would be silly. But I guess zombie episodes do stuff just as cheesy with a totally straight face and people buy it.
>>
>>77939761
I'll be honest.
I unironically love Wiggum PI.
>>
>>77939827
Well, kind of but I also felt weirded out by Homer making lewd jokes to Marge about his whacking stick. I kind of needed a bath after that scene.
>>
>>77939818
O&W were way too obsessed with the "X character's secret past exposed" plots.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.