[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anastasia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
For a change from the "pig nosed" but I still think is very cute waifu discussions of the Inside Out threads of the months that passed by,
I will have a lost Russian Princess waifu discussion thread.
What do you think of the movie?
What is the best song?
Favorite character?
>>
>>77934129
don bluth drawn cheeks gross me out.
the surreal mixture of realistic (rotoscoped?) movements and grotesque cartoon style people is very unpleasant in this movie
>>
Bumpaga
>>
>>77934129
Personally it's one of my favorite movies. Good villain song.
>>
File: 1410490011504.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1410490011504.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>WE WERE STRANGERS
>STARTING OUT ON A JOURNEY
>>
File: Anastasia-Final-1024x660.jpg (126 KB, 1024x660) Image search: [Google]
Anastasia-Final-1024x660.jpg
126 KB, 1024x660
>>77934129
>>
I always felt like the last act of this movie was just OK.

It starts off pretty promising. Good songs and animation. "Journey to the Past" is some good shit.

Maybe the issue with this film is it almost lacks an identity. The whole intention seemed to make something on par with a Disney production and to those ends they ended up making a faux-Disney movie that didn't set itself apart. I've had to correct people who thought this actually *was* a Disney movie quite a few times.
>>
I might not post some of the so-called "pig nosed" loli from a Pixar film and post Anastasia instead.
>>
I find it ironic that Don Bluth got into the animation game expressing a disdain for songs and talking animals, and then by the end the only things GOOD about his movies were the songs and the talking animals.
>>
>>77934129

Once Upon a December, definitely the best song of the film. The Russian version is even better.
>>
>>77937568
>Last act of this movie was just OK

I think it's two-fold. The movie is actually two movies, and it can't decide between one or the other. In Movie A, you have a fictional but fairly realistic tale of this girl discovering herself with the help of a hot '90s guy and his fat fuckbuddy. It wants to be a straight-forward musical character drama.

The problem is that it keeps getting interrupted with Movie B, a goofy broad talking bat and a cartoon villain zombie plotting away in a macabre Bluthian etherrealm. Every once in a while, Movie B infects Movie A, but for the most part, they're kept rather separate, so you get these huge swaths of the movie where you totally forget that magic is a thing in this world sometimes. And then, oh yeah, the movie has to pander to the kids for a few minutes.

The second problem is that Movie A is the emotional heart of the movie, and it has its emotional climax and resolution BEFORE the climax of Movie B even begins! We get two climaxes when there should only be one insert sex joke, and the second one is the one we don't care about, so we're just waiting for the movie to end at that point. They could have at least woven them together better.
>>
>>77939567
It should've ended with Anastasia dying of old age in the 1980's and researchers, now equipped with sufficiently advanced technology, are conducting a DNA test to finally confirm that she is indeed Anastasia.

It ends with the lead scientist looking at the results and going "wait a minute"

Roll credits.
>>
Did anyone else get the toy train that came with the burger King meals?
>>
File: princess anastasia daphned.png (663 KB, 2820x3055) Image search: [Google]
princess anastasia daphned.png
663 KB, 2820x3055
I like that she got hypnotized.
>>
>>77934265
Actually, for some weird reason. It manages to make Anastasia look a bit cuter.
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.jpg (40 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.jpg
40 KB, 550x550
>>77935331
>NEVER DREAMING
>WHAT WE'D HAVE TO GO THROUGH
>>
>>77934129
I like how Communism doesn't exist in this universe.
>>
>>77944098
well it does, but its done by weird evil monsters

you know what, it's not that different
>>
>>77934129
>tfw raised Protestant and extremely sheltered
>learn what Purgatory is from this film
>ask mom n dad wtf is purgatory
>"It's not real. Don't worry. Lololololol"
>>
>>77944410
iirc it was Limbo not Purgatory

Purgatory means you're still saved but you're at the end of the heaven queue

Limbo is neither heaven or hell because he was a lich or something
>>
>>77944427
See. Exactly what I mean. I even mixed up Limbo and Purgatory.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.