[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are deceptions so consistently cooler than Autobots, they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
Why are deceptions so consistently cooler than Autobots, they have a style and gimmickry that just makes the Bots looks generic.It's like Gotham City villians against a bunch of cards and shit. Megatron Starscream Shockwave and Soundwave form a core of awesome, and then you have guys like Lugnut, Blitzwing,Thundercracker,the Starscream Clones,Lockdown Cyclonus,Sideways,Stunitcons, Constructicons,Combaticons... hell even Cy-Kill is full of style and swagger.

Just look at this clip from Transwarp with two new Teams squaring off. All the come off cool looking badass and stylish, while the bots are just plane dull.
>>
File: 250px-Ask_Cy-Kill.jpg (16 KB, 250x185) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ask_Cy-Kill.jpg
16 KB, 250x185
>even Cy-Kill is full of style and swagger.

I like you
>>
>>77924451
AVP makes me wish they had the rights for a Gobots comic
>>
File: all right decepticons.png (212 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
all right decepticons.png
212 KB, 500x325
>>77924405

because they're the underdogs.
>>
File: Scan_20151024 (4).jpg (408 KB, 1293x537) Image search: [Google]
Scan_20151024 (4).jpg
408 KB, 1293x537
>>77924516
It'd be neat if they could even do a miniseries, just to see what direction they'd take it in to try and get people to read it.

IDW disappointed me.
>Holy shit, it's Crasher!
>Wait, they're not calling her that...or even Fracture
>And she's not Decepticon aligned, like that green helicopter seems to be
>And she doesn't even turn into a car

What was the point?
>>
Evil toys are cooler.
>>
File: laughing plane crashers.png (875 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
laughing plane crashers.png
875 KB, 968x745
>>77924980

Aileron is only based on Crasher's design, nothing else.

she's not meant to be Crasher, also Crasher sorta appeared in IDW.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Crasher_(G1)
>>
>>77925100
>Aileron is only based on Crasher's design, nothing else.

I know that. That's what disappoints me. When I first saw her, I thought we were actually getting IDW Crasher...and then we didn't
>>
>>77925138
The toy designs if the gobots are owned by Bandai and the cartoon is owned by WB, that leaves Hasbro and Tomy with very narrow options for gobots stuff, notice how even when homaging them in toys, they are radical redesigns(that one Crasher riff only got made because they found a irl racer in those colors)

funpub is the closet we really get
>>
>>77924405
Jesus why is Wyatt so based
>>
>>77925293
>>77925138
There was a storytime thread with an issue about how Megatron was in the gladiator arena, i think it was the brainstorm time assassination ark.
There was a Bot which looked like Cy-Kill.
So i think they do it, but more as an easteregg.
If they use Crasher in a talking role, they just have to alter her that its more like an easteregg, because rights.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.