[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it legitimately not good or is nostalgia keeping us from making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Is it legitimately not good or is nostalgia keeping us from making a fair judgement?
>>
As a die hard TLK fan, it wasn't good. It's possible it will be better than what they premiered with, but unlikely.

Plot isn't too bad but I think it's the characters that make it awful. The animation is also jarringly bad at times, like just one scene with Simba and Kion walking it was just awful with their odd proportions.
>>
>>77922788
The cub looks like someone elses.
>>
I found the story rather bland when I rewatched it recently.

And the ebin memes where people are crying over Mufasas death I didnt find entertaining. There were death flags all over the place.
>>
>>77922788
I liked it. I mean, objectively, it was not good, but I enjoyed it anyway. I liked Kion pretty okay. Kiara's personality is different, but I still enjoyed it. I love her friends. I like the bird and the cheetah.

It's made for 6 year olds, but once you get past that it's a fun watch.
>>
>>77922904
>And the ebin memes where people are crying over Mufasas death I didnt find entertaining. There were death flags all over the place.

Are you actual so autistic that you think normal people give a fuck if there are "death flags" or not?
>>
I can't shake the feeling that the kid was designed as some furry's oc-donut-steel.
>>
i haven't watched it, but it actually looks like a retarded TLK fanfic come true. I may be wrong, tho
>>
For those who haven't seen it:

https://youtu.be/KJ68xqfBc34
https://youtu.be/m3fikezki6w
https://youtu.be/TpWKkexKTM4

>>77922918
>Kiara's personality is different
I noticed this too and it bothers me in the sense that if kids saw LK2 they would be confused, but in retrospect Lilo and Stitch messed up their characters even more. At least Kiara is still somewhat similar compared to her friends.

>>77922885
>The animation is also jarringly bad at times, like just one scene with Simba and Kion walking it was just awful with their odd proportions.
Yeah, this was my biggest issue with it. The flash animation just looks really bad. In the lament music video, it looks like Kion keeps moving his head and neck unnecessarily.
>>
>>77922788
Literally DA OC.
>>
>>77922955
You're not that far off, honestly.

>>77922898
kek
>>
>>77922981
>Yeah, this was my biggest issue with it. The flash animation just looks really bad. In the lament music video, it looks like Kion keeps moving his head and neck unnecessarily.

For the most part I didn't notice aside from the overall 'off' feeling the animation it had but good god, some scenes were so bad it looked like it was missing frames or something. Also when they jump(you can clearly see this in the hyena clip), they look like they're just floating upwards. There's no force or weight in the jumping nor do they look like they are actually touching the ground, which I also see in just some of the walking scenes. I think their animation budget all went into the faces.

On a positive note, Tonight We Strike wasn't terrible despite they made their attack in the day.
>>
>>77922981
It wasn't flash. I hear it cgi
>>
The animation looks like garbage. Everything is so bouncy and it just makes everything look worse.
>>
>>77922788
Over all it could have been worse, but thats about all there is to say about it, its just kinda bland.
as a kid, I may have liked it more just because TLK was one of my favorite movies and I always wanted more from it.
However, there are some glaring issues that even I would have noticed as a kid. The glaring continuity issues didnt even need to be a problem really; It could have easily been after TLK2 and focued on kiaras reign and her cub, and simba having to learn to let his family take the reigns a bit from him could have been really neat to see and lead to some funny moments for the kids watching.

Also as a kid, I always liked the outlander lions designs more anyway.

The other major issues are the animation, which ranges from pretty good to pretty awful, and some of the characters are already really annoying. Kion actually isnt too bad but the honey badger quickly got on my nerves.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.