[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Video games that would make great cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
File: 1449197635758[1].png (984 KB, 1250x580) Image search: [Google]
1449197635758[1].png
984 KB, 1250x580
ITT: Video games that would make great cartoons
>>
Shoo Tim, shoo.

You broke my heart.
>>
>>Samurai Jack coming back
>>Psychonauts 2
>>More Star Wars coming out

Is like, all the fabled stuff finally coming out? Is Megas XLR gonna get a third season next?
>>
> Psychonauts 2

After Tim hung what was left of his career with a sock puppet? I don't think so.
>>
File: Team Fortress 2.png (137 KB, 250x353) Image search: [Google]
Team Fortress 2.png
137 KB, 250x353
>>77914274
This?
>>
>>77914274
>Giving Tim money.
>>
>>77914319

Don't get too excited. It's a crowd funded thing and he's asking for 3 million.

He'll probably get three times that and release the game in 2 incomplete chunks after blowing it on another Phil Fish DJ party.
>>
After that debacle of their last crowd-funded game, I wouldn't give Double Fine one red cent. EA was right about him. He blows budgets and under-delivers.
>>
>Tim asking for $3.3 in crowdfunding money because "lol remember our failure of a Kickstarter"
>goes onto clarify in the project's description that he actually need like 10 times what they're asking to make the game, he just really wanted to make that joke
Fuck this hack, I have no hope.
>>
>lose all credibility
>wastes millions of dollars of loving fan's hard earned money
>pull beloved, dead game out of your ass for pity shekels

Fuck off Tim.
>>
>>77914292
>>77914359

I don't care for GG but that sockpuppet stunt was just laughably pathetic
>stuttering the whole time
>sweating like a pig
>getting the math wrong in his own joke
>that freaking sockpuppet
>>
Apparently the difference is that through Fig, campaigns are able to give money back to the donors.
>>
I'm just gonna draw some Milla lewds.
>>
fuck yyou guys in excited for it, and will probably back it
i liked broken age delays aside
>>
>>77914425
didnt this already happen
i mean everyone thought they were funding psychonauts 2 and then he was like 'haha nah that would take way more than that'
>>
>>77915088
who didnt? it was great
it didnt require FUNDING as it was essentially an indy game made by a major publisher, but it was great
>>77915045
yes. and then the dead-eye girls
>>
>>77915131
dead-eye girls?
>>
Schafer's trying to make a Psychonauts 2? Damn! I'm sure they're flipping shit over in /v/ about this.

I wonder if this will turn into another fiasco. But whatever has happened or will happen, Psychonauts will always stand by itself as a fantastic game. No amount of internet drama can ruin that.
>>
>>77915159
the robed chicks. they were naked at one point. and they had cute voices.
>>
Perhaps they will finally explain why the Milkman's milk is delicious.
>>
File: wowza.jpg (26 KB, 164x152) Image search: [Google]
wowza.jpg
26 KB, 164x152
>>77914274
Holy shit it's actually happening.
>>
>>77915170
one hopes Tim learned his lesson after all the bad press he's gotten for the last fiasco
>>
>>77915173
who
>>
>>77915215

Which one? The man's career over the last 3 years has been nothing but a fiasco.
>>
>>77915173
Oh, you mean from Broken Age. I thought you meant in Psyconauts.
>>
Tim Schafer could break into my house, sodomize me, steal all my stuff, and shit on my walls and I would still back the hell out of this. Fucking love Psychonauts, I make sure to play it once a year. Hell ,it's one of the only games my sister loves.

I just wish I could afford the more expensive rewards. Really hope this makes it.
>>
>>77915481
you did say milla
... wait is that not the girl from broken age?
FUCK that was vella. sorry
>>
>>77914292
>>77914359
>>77914572
>>77915170
>>77915215
I'd ask what you're talking about but I'm not sure I want to know.

It's really depressing how often I find out someone I like has said or done something shitty. Heck, even seeing my friends likes on Facebook has led to some feelings of betrayal.
>>
>>77915508

Can't do it, man.

Can't do it.

It will suck.

He will not deliver.

They probably won't bring back any of the old cast.

They'll bog down the jokes with Tim taking petty shots at people who pissed him off on Twitter.

And that's if it even gets released in a completed state.

Don't do it.
>>
>People crying over Double Fine and Inafune's crowdfunding
>Were perfectly fine with Shenmue 3 and Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee
>>
>>77915528
That reminded me that about a year ago working on a 5-page comic where Vella fucks the tree to get its sap. I might have to dig up what I thumbed of that and get back to it.
>>
>>77915558
TLDR you know terry gilliam? and how he makes crazy awesome movies nobody else does? but how he also takes too long and blows massive amounts of money to do so?
>>
>>77915576
speaking of, how is japan doing right now? is it possible we could get rockman dash 3? yknow, that game that was already mostly done, and had fan-submitted content from contest winners?
>>
>>77915576

I'll defend Yooka-Laylee.

The only bad thing Rare ever produced was Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

[spoilers]Nuts and Bolts doesn't exist. Shut up. That's not a real game.[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1437625056278.jpg (6 KB, 155x186) Image search: [Google]
1437625056278.jpg
6 KB, 155x186
>34 days left
>8% funded

Damn.
>>
File: OhThatFiddlesworth.png (669 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
OhThatFiddlesworth.png
669 KB, 1280x720
>>77915615
Hey, fuck you, buddy! I love Grabbed by the Ghoulies!
>>
>>77915576
Those projects have yet to slightly slip up in some way that completely destroys their perfect fantasy.
>>
>>77915610
Who knows? Capcom has probably noticed our demands for a proper Mega Man game after Mighty no. 9 did so well on Kickstarter, and seeing as how they've fully embraced doing remakes and remasters (see: Resident Evil), I wouldn't be surprised if we get more Mega Man remakes.

For example, maybe Mega Man X: The X Collection. X1-X8 on all major consoles and PC.
>>
File: legacy_of_kain.jpg (160 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
legacy_of_kain.jpg
160 KB, 1024x768
>Tony Jay is dead
>Amy Hennig has dropped the story
>We will never see Kain change the world now that he understands the Elder God's machinations
>All we have left is Nosgoth Online

>Raziel died for this.
>>
>>77915624
People are getting real balsy on kikestarter now. I mean asking for 3 meek mille's
>>
>>77915563
Damn it Anon, stop being so cynical, /co/ is love, not cynicism. Despite all our bullshit and shit posting and tumblr accusations this place has some gold to it, let it shine.
>>
>>77915610
>>77915646
Given that there's a new Mega Man cartoon on the way, I'd say no. Chances are they are making a retooled Mega Man and an original game to go with it, like Sega and Namco did with Sonic Boom and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.
>>
File: felicia-day-mst3k.jpg (119 KB, 1140x700) Image search: [Google]
felicia-day-mst3k.jpg
119 KB, 1140x700
Crowdfunding for old franchises is a bad, bad, bad, bad idea.

Need I remind you all that thanks to crowdfunding we're getting a new series of MST3K featuring Felicia Day and absolutely no one from the original show except Joel?

I wish I could pledge negative money.
>>
>>77914474
Wait, this is legit? I'm staying off /v/ until I finish my exams.
What a waste. Tim is really fucking talented but he's terrible with money and the "pay me and I'll bitch about the Patriarchy on Twitter instead of working on what I promised" culture has only made it worse.
God damn, the Tumblr mindset just keeps ruining content creators I used to love and turning them into unproductive professional victims. When will it fucking end?
>>
>>77915732
>When will it fucking end?

When Donald Trump is elected president.
>>
>>77915646
>mighty no 9
what ever became of that? is it still happening?
>>77915692
didn't they already do that?
>>
>>77915732
>turning them into unproductive professional victims
Tim has always been absolute shit at meeting deadlines. That's exactly why Brutal Legend got tossed by Activision and had to get picked up by EA.
>>
>>77915698
HAhahaha what
that's not what that crowdfunding campaign was before
>>
>>77915698
10 years isn't really that old
I mean, it could have happened sooner if they had made psychonauts more of a priority, but all I ask is that they make the same game but introduce interesting enough characters/villains/plotlines to make it seem different without being shit
>>
>>77915692
Eh. Might work if they don't go full retard. Or fuller retard.

>>77915773
Releasing in February. Trailers look like hot shit.
>>
>>77915131
It was great alright. Lazy 1-dimensional characters, idiotic story, puzzles that were either super-simplistic or mind-numbingly tedious, Vella's terrible bored-sounding VA... It had it all.
You must have a pretty low bar for greatness.
>>
>>77915781
too bad too, that game looked amazing.. but what the fuck was with the rest of it
>>
>>77915773
>what ever became of that? is it still happening?
It's currently expected out in February. Got delayed supposedly due to some bugs found late into development that retooling would require a heavy amount of testing across all platforms.
>>
>>77915698
>I wish I could pledge negative money.
it's called arson
>>
>>77915828

Yeah, but the law man frowns on that.
>>
>>77915798
wait, hot shit as in good? or hot shit as in hot garbage
>>
>>77915803
only vella sounded bored.. but she still sounded nice.
everything else you said is utterly and demonstrably untrue. it was fucking brilliant. and it even had meta appeal, the way at the end your ability to swap (which had slowly gone from totally optional to necessary) becomes vital
>>
File: asg.png (4 KB, 184x189) Image search: [Google]
asg.png
4 KB, 184x189
>Crowdfundnauts 2
>Konami threatening to put Kojima under legal action if he went to the awards
>Toby Fox not having any bribe money
>Everything else in general

This was a shitty video game award show even by shitty video game award show standards.
>>
>>77915890
u wot
>>
>>77915890
This sounds hilarious. Sauce?
>>
>>77915890

Real talk - I had never even heard of Her Story until tonight.

Undertale got shafted big time.
>>
>>77914274

where's that little bitch's nose?
>>
>>77915926
>>77915928
Dorito Pope said that under contract Kojima wasn't allowed to be at the show.
>>
>>77915841
he also frowns on piracy, that never stopped you
>>
>>77915939
i saw it on probablyrichard
like most things he shows, it's decades newer than it looks and that bothers me even though i should like that. i like it in everything other than games
>>
>>77914319
It's a goddamn monkey's paw though
>Psychonauts 2 is coming out
>But Tim Schaefer has been replaced by Mr Shitface who will demand your sheckels for a game that will take years only to be released unfinished
>Cartoon Cartoons and Nicktoons are coming back
>But they are shit now and have none of their original crews
>>
>>77915584
Remember that time Terry Gilliam hyped up his movie while raising the budget as planned, then he made only half of it? Then later he released the second half, but it was just the same footage with the scenes shuffled around, different dialogue dubbed over, and a bland, vague, trendy message about grrl power?
No, me neither. That's because Gilliam is nothing like Schafer.
>>
>>77915943
Who would sign that kind of contract
why would that be in his contract when they only recently started to hate him?

wait, kojima? wait what? i thought we were talking about the mighty no 9 guy for a second. wires crossed. okay.. i guess kojima has gotten into crazy antics in the past, is that it?

>>77915964
>Tim Schaefer has been replaced
hang on, that's the first i'm hearing of that. 90 percent of this thread is invalidated if that's so
>>
>>77915966
could you please stop making shit up. it's making it hard to have a discussion
>>
>>77915997
Nah, they're just mad that he's crowdfunding it. He's still heading the game.
>>
>>77915809
maybe its because i didnt go in with any notion about what'd it'd be
so when it turned out to be an RTS/action hybrid i had a blast
and honestly that game was just fun to roam around in
>>
>>77914274
Fuck off, Tim, you cunt
>>
>>77915997
>hang on, that's the first i'm hearing of that. 90 percent of this thread is invalidated if that's so
"Mr shitface" is a anagram of Tim Schaefer since he is shit now he is forever known as "Mr Shitface"
>>
>>77916058
I love Brutal Legend, myself. I mean, yeah, I'm not the BIGGEST fan of the RTS sections, but I thought the rest of the game made up for it. Got me into a lot of songs I wouldn't have listened to otherwise, too.
>>
File: Sisyphus.gif (1023 KB, 380x340) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus.gif
1023 KB, 380x340
This thread reminds me I backed Maxwell Atoms to make sexy mutant puppets being boned by puppet dogs and I have gotten neither that, nor my badges.

I don't trust kikestarter anymore, and I'm a Jew.
>>
File: psychonauts-20260.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
psychonauts-20260.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1200
If this announcement were mad 4 or 5 years ago I'd be losing my mind, but I can't be bothered to care at this point. Tim lost the plot a long time ago.

If you're funding it - all the power to to you, I hope it's good and you have fun playing it.

But I'm not touching this one.
>>
>>77916084
... i dunno, i'd rather have the name shitface than schaefer anyday
>>
>>77916105
i think it's safe to assume he already had a plot written down and is going to recycle that, right?
...right?
>>
I don't trust Schafer at all. This feels like a lazy cash in.
>>
>>77914274
Zelda movie by Don Bluth or Studio Ghibli when?
>>
>>77916127

I wouldn't assume anything.

They had nothing to show for this announcement than a few renders that I think I just recycled from the old game.

Be wary.
>>
>>77916152
>>77916105
hasnt he wanted to do it for fucking years? I mean the original game ended on a sequel hook. it's not as if he's been like "nah we dont need a sequel" then later "oh fuckit there's money to be made"
>>
>>77915964
Hey Arnold's return is being headed by creator Craig Bartlett. He's finally doing Jungle Movie.
>>
>>77915928
>>77915926
https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/672622819394490368
>>
>>77915890
undertale was right at home
>>
>>77916177
>ghibli zelda
my nutsack just tightened in anticipation. how dare you tempt me with what shall never be?
>bluth
ughehehguh
>>
>>77916182
yes but i mean, all these years when he was like "sorry, want to make a sequel, can't" surely he had something in mind
>>
>>77916177
Why would you want that? Why would anyone want that at all?
A movie would just mean less time to go into all the interesting lore stuff that the games can fit in because there's no real time limit
It would ruin the appeal of the Zelda series
>>
>>77916058
>>77916092
I picked up the game for ten bucks last year at a second hand game shop and I love that shit. I didn't go in expecting anything in particular but it appeals to my humor and the world is like a giant Metalocalypse music video. Sometimes I just turn it on and cruise around just to listen to the soundtrack.

I still haven't beaten the game though, short as it is. I always get stuck at the fucking jungle bit with the 'make a circle of fire around the Kiss lions' bit and then end up restarting when I come back to it.
>>
>Psychonauts 2
Fuck Mr.Shitface AkA Tim Shafer, he is a Jew who uses other people's money to fund expensive parties with movie stars.
>>
>>77916195
for those of us not using whatever spaceage browser you are that supports twitter videos, can you just tell me
>>
>>77916221

I doubt it.

I sincerely doubt it.

This to me wreaks of him trying to scrounge up what little support and credibility he has left to try and save his tanking studio.
>>
>>77916233
It will be a film series with many installments.
>>
>>77916058
You know, the problem I had with the campaign in BL is that once it introduced the RTS levels, that's all it was from that point to the end of the game. It totally glossed over two beautiful continents you could have had the chance to explore and get more lore and characters and side-stories. But the second half of the game was horribly starved for content. And you couldn't initiate RTS battles outside of the story ones, which kind of sucked, since I feel like I barely ever got a handle on the mechanics at all, and the MP was always too dead to get any games going. The game really just needed a lot more content and continue expanding on it, because it was a really cool, creative world that was fun to be in. There simply wasn't enough to fill the open-world setting at all.
>>
>>77915997
>>77915997
Tim has literally scammed money from fans before and is known for taking money and spending it on his own personal life instead of on the project.
>>
File: body_width.jpg (51 KB, 570x402) Image search: [Google]
body_width.jpg
51 KB, 570x402
>>77915110
>i mean everyone thought they were funding psychonauts 2 and then he was like 'haha nah that would take way more than that'

Notch made a tweet about wanting to fund Psychonauts 2, but then it turned out he didn't have enough to find it solely by himself, and also DoubleFine was doing the Broken Age kickstarter at the same time.

The 3.3 million they're asking for from fans isn't even enough to fund the game(The original cost them 10 million to make), they also have an external investor.(maybe Notch?)
>>
>>77916255
Oh right
Because movies that are split up into multiple installments are usually SUPER GOOD
and Ghibli is known for making sequels, trilogies, and film series

This is just a shit idea produced by low power level fans who are basically asking people to shovel out the equivalent of shitty fanfiction or those deathbattle videos
>>
>>77916233
obviously it would have its own unique feel and pacing. it wouldnt try to adapt anything that's for sure.. except maaaaybe some of the backstory bits that dont make a good game.. like when ganon came back and link was dead / in termina and wasnt there to save them, and they all got flooded.. wait that isnt much of an ending, they all go on to get killed by the moron king undoing all of link and the goddess' plans. uhh.. OKAY, howbout the backstory of skyward sword. The VERY first link, that savage hero that helped hylia bury demise under a spike. That'd make a terrible game but a fantastic movie

otherwise yeah a movie is only gonna have time for one, maybe two dungeons.. unless theyre REALLY montagey, kinda Tales of Symphonia OVA style
>>
>>77916296
When did he do this and what did he spend it on?
>>
>>77916309

He had a giant "fuck you" Halloween party like two weeks before firing a bunch of his staff.
>>
>>77916252
you are not hearing me
yes, i get that this act is weird. especially since in the past he has insisted it would be impossible
what i'm saying is
in the interim years, you know, those times when this kickstarter was NOT happening, surely he was writing the sequel all that time. because that's what you do. not writing it out in a way that a game studio could actually use, but as a story in his notes and in his head.
>>
>>77916244
Kojima was going to come out to accept the award himself, but then a lawyer from Konami contacted him and said he wasn't allowed to.

So Keifer Sutherland had to accept the award for him, and then Stefanie Joosten did a performance of Quiet's Theme.
>>
>>77916298
notch has 2.5 BILLION DOLLARS or 'one notch'
12 notches, or 30 billion dollars, is equal to one belt
>>
>>77916335
Source on this?
>>
>>77916339

Maybe.

I would have believed that if this were before I found out Tim wasn't a brilliant creative but a money grubbing scumbag.
>>
>>77916309
The last 2 kickstarter games.
The first one (Double fine adventure aka Broken age) he spent a huge portion of the money on parties with celebrities. He also spent most of the budget on celebrity voice acting even though it made no sense (A normal voice actor would have been just as good) so he could have said parties with the celebrities. This lead to the game being horribly cut and shallow.
2. He raised money for another game that he simply never released and never refunded the people the money to and admits he never will finish it.

Fuck him.
>>
>>77916340
that doesnt answer the question. why?
>>77916371
so you just listen to what people say instead of a history of brilliant games? those didnt just come out of nowhere y'know
>>
>>77916308
an OVA might work, a movie wouldn't
it sounds backwards but the constraints for an OVA are different from that of a movie
The movie would be too short to focus in several important things and too big to drag a few important things out into full length
The movie just wouldn't be satisfying
>>
File: MkRReNx.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
MkRReNx.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>77916364

They streamed it on Twitch.

Phil Fish DJed.

You can't make this up.
>>
>>77916379
the celebs had bit parts, aside from shay.. and he wasnt much of a big voiceactor yet. That and that one other thing he did shortly afterwards cemented him
wil wheaton like, volunteered. or he backed some of it or something
that other thing didnt happen
>>
>>77915610
>rockman dash 3
will never fucking happen. Go help kickstart Red Ash if you want (I did even knowing it won't and can't be the same), but Capcom basically shut all that down despite everyone's protests. They'll never do anything with Megaman ever again besides cameos, licensed crossovers like Smash, and shit that requires as little actual programming from them as possible, since they keep chasing away all their in-house talent.

Look forward to MmX: Mega man X developed by Ninja Theory and brought to you by Capcom!
>>
>>77916379
It's funny that someone here is probably going to believe this is accurate word-for-word.
>>
>>77916379
Source on a huge portion going to parties with celebrities? And do we know exactly how the budget was divided?
>>
>>77916411
>that other thing didnt happen

Yes it did? It was a huge deal. It was a completely unfinished Kickstarted game that they shoved out the door and basically said "the community will finish it."
>>
>>77916419
Except it is accurate. Explain how it is not.
>>
ITT: /co/ is a better /v/ than /v/
>>
>>77916388
>that doesnt answer the question. why?

Konami are dicks and don't like Kojima, and have control over who is and isn't allowed to officially represent their game at award shows.
>>
>>77916427
That was for Spacebase, which wasn't on Kickstarter, the second Kickstarted game they made was Massive Chalice, which was finished and released.

Please get your facts straight before you talk shit.
>>
>>77916452
I assume the second point was DF-9. It did release. It didn't release in the state anyone who bought into it during Early Access thought it would and it pissed everyone off, but it did release and wasn't done through kickstarter.
>>
>>77915698
>MST3K featuring Felicia Day

But women fucking suck at movie banter.
>>
>>77916058
i picked it up for the 360 and then got it for the PS3 when my buddies got me the entire contents of a gamestop bargain bin for my birthday and i thought the game was fun
>>
>>77916456
No, not really my friend
In fact, the people in this thread are probably just crossboarders who came from /v/ to /co/
>>
>>77916456
It's not like that's hard
>>
>checked Internet
>Psychonauts 2 is real
I am willing to forgive Tim for being a douchebag, and buy it when it's out.
>>
>>77916395
you're right actually..
but i still say that A story set in hyrule could be done in the movie format and be awesome. it just wouldnt be THE story, and the movie format is usually supposed to be a THE. 'A story' stories are usually done in OVA or in anthology
>>
>>77916456
define "better" in this context.
>>
>>77916529
>when it's out
If it gets funded and If it gets made, then yeah, I agree
>>
>>77916502
>Pre-alpha game is all that anyone gets to touch
I wouldn't really call that released
>>
>>77916357
Sure it's possible for him put up the 10mil+ entirely out of pocket. But he doesn't want to, and probably didn't realize how much games cost to make when it's not just a 1-man team throwing it together in java when he made the proposition.
>>
>>77916456
it's a better /a/ too
>>77916461
okay, why?
>>77916462
this. It's just like when people discuss sexuality or obama. there is more than enough shit to be against without having to make up more based on lies.
>>
>>77916357
>sensible_chuckle.jpg
>>
>>77916559
That's what was released. Whether it barely got anywhere in development is irrelevant.
>>
>>77916565
arr, that's probably what happened yeah. that makes sense.
>>
>>77916199
What's that supposed to mean
>>
>>77916577
>it's a better /a/ too
why is /co/ always so uppity and shitty about how much better /co/ is than the rest of the boards

/co/ sucks
it's really shitty
>>
>tfw this will never happen
>>
>>77914274
I know tim a shit but this game is kinda woth it though
>>
>>77916605
dude, uppity? i would LOVE it if the other boards were as good as /co/. i wanna be able to discuss my /a/ and my /v/ and my /tv/ with awesome folk like you guys
it just so happens those boards suck. i aint gloating, i'm lamenting
>>
>>77916605
I agree. It's STILL better than half the boards on here
>>
>>77915698
>Felicia day
oh god why
>>
>>77916628
desu i saw nothing of value in that. please explain if i'm missing something
>>
>>77916643
>as good as /co/
/a/ and /v/ are far better boards
I mean, they can stay on topic a lot more easily than we can

/tv/ and /co have more in common than any other board
/tv/ is to reddit as /co/ is to tumblr
>>
File: jak_3_wallpaper_by_batheart14.jpg (137 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jak_3_wallpaper_by_batheart14.jpg
137 KB, 1024x768
I would fund the shit out of this
>>
>>77916681
>staying on topic is good
go back to tvtropes. do you realize what thread you're in?
>>
>>77916721
never saw any appeal in that. man that era had a LOT of toony-ass games.. some well programmed, some not, but all of then utterly unappealing in the face of cool japanese shit. trying to be sonic but missing the point of why he's cool
>>
>>77916660
it appeals to fans of sentai and gurren lagann.
>>
>>77916513
Brütal Legend has got a special place in my heart for being the go-to game to play through when my brother comes over to visit for a couple of days. That and Skies of Arcadia both are just comfy games for me, I don't care how bad or unfinished BL was.
>>
>>77916726
>staying on topic isn't good
it's like reason number 3 why /co/ is a shitty board
>>
>>77916746
Jak & Daxter was a stellar platformer in its own right. Jak 3 had some great wasteland sections.
>>
File: cartoon.jpg (130 KB, 618x380) Image search: [Google]
cartoon.jpg
130 KB, 618x380
Divided into two segments. First would be Shantae and follow a serialized adventure. Second would be various stand-alone pieces based on the Mighty games and their characters.
>>
>>77916750
by being slightly reminiscent of them?
>>
>>77916822
I actually really like Jak 1 and 3.

I can't stand 2, though. Glad 3 fixed up most of the problems I had with it. Still think it was a stupid decision to take the series down, though.
>>
>>77916456
We just lack the constant vitriol and meme spouting /v/ has
>>
>>77916760
i guess you'll just have to leave us then, anon
we'll miss you. sorry we didnt live up to your expectations
>>
>>77916852
>shantae
oh yeah, i contributed to that! is that ever coming out?
>>
File: Madworld.jpg (35 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
Madworld.jpg
35 KB, 450x360
>>77914274
Madworld cartoon when?
>>
>>77916906
oddly, the wiki article for the game and a story by nintendo life both say holiday this year. But you backed it, it's December and there's not even a hard stamped date makes that seem unlikely.
>>
>>
>>77916906
According to their emails it's pretty close to done.
>>
File: 1409765573327.jpg (137 KB, 522x399) Image search: [Google]
1409765573327.jpg
137 KB, 522x399
>>77914274
you better not be fucking with me, OP
>>
>>77917026
>Song of Chocobos and Materia
>>
>>77916991
i'm so sick of the holidays being referred to as 'holiday'
wtf happened to grammar
>>
>>77916991
i fucking wish shantae could be in smash.
>>
>>77915646
remake hell is hardly something to celebrate
>>
>>77917057
>FFT
>Materia
>>
>>77915757
>implying adding fuel to the fire will stop it
>>
>>77914274

MILLION
>>
>>77917134
technically yes, they are treasure hunt artefacts that provide flavor text if nothing else
>>
>>77914572
It was like Clint Eastwood and his chair interview.
>>
>>77917110
more to the point it's all been remade already. multiple times
>>
>>77917076
it's because holiday season is using holiday as an adjective and holidays is a noun
>>
>>77917178
but they arent using it in the adjective. theyre saying "This Holiday.."
it's the stupidest fucking advertising meme. i can't even get upset about how they say it about things that only relate to christmas, or occasionally only applicable to hanukkah
>>
>Psychonauts 2

What a time to be alive
>>
>>77917136
>Why contain it? Let it spill over to the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets.
>>
>>77917136

The fire rises.
>>
File: twewy.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
twewy.jpg
138 KB, 1280x720
>Pic related

>>77914391
I think Disaster Date was supposed to be this, but they had trouble with keeping the voice actors.
>Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbaGodU_Gkw
Worst thing they could do with it is making it about players who main each class and just use the game to interact with each other.
>>
>>77917174
i dunno i'd rather have a new game than a remake especially since how capcom has been gung ho about killing their franchises lately

> DMC was killed by a mediocre reboot

> dead rising died because xbone launch title + a shitty PC port

>megaman died because keji left

i don't even know how resident evil died (or if it's even dead at all) since the revelation games & the leon parts of RE6 were what fans wanted
>>
>>77917422
DMC was killed by a mediocre and divisive entry that polarized fans. The only thing the reboot did was give all the fans something to agree on.
>>
>>77917384
whoa, that's what The World Ends With You is? i thought it was something else. that shit looks great. wtf is it?
>>
>>77917422
that's an odd way to phrase that reply since you agree with me.
>>77917447
desu i'm not fond of those capcommy capcom games. the ones that are brutally hard for hardness' own sake. but holy shit do i miss rockman dash.. it inspired me hard when i first saw it, when a friend came over and brought his playstation (only PS exposure i ever had) and then more recently emulating them.. fuck why cant we have more fun exploratory 3d free roaming games? why is it JUST zelda and this and not much else?
>>
>>77917511
Soul Reaver is basically a dark fantasy Zelda game.
>>
>>77917546
that's that thing with that guy that looks like that guy from aladdin if he was also Kabal, right?
yeah back in the day there was more of that kinda stuff. like MediEvil and whatnot. But not a lot of it japanese
>>
File: 1440964938637.jpg (37 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1440964938637.jpg
37 KB, 392x243
>>77914274
Psychonauts 2 is coming out. Holy shit this and Samurai Jack it really is Christmas
>>
>>77917578
and xenoblade X
shitty time to be flat broke
i've been doing one of those survey thingies to get free gamestop points, but it turns out you can only reclaim 30 bucks worth every 3 months, so i'm fucked. i should've been doing it all along but they never warn ya!!
>>
File: Crypt.jpg (103 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Crypt.jpg
103 KB, 700x700
>>77917478
I have no idea what you're asking. I think The World Ends with You would be a good mini series.

The other was a reply to the dude posting TF2
>>
>>77917608
that cute anime thing that doesnt look like a modern anime thing
>>
File: 1448924675040.png (157 KB, 477x540) Image search: [Google]
1448924675040.png
157 KB, 477x540
>>77915890
It was a waste of time man, yes, maybe Rocket League deserver too, but i'm pretty sure Undertale lost because it not popular with the normies
>>
File: 1427258659033.jpg (28 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1427258659033.jpg
28 KB, 680x583
>>77915698
нeт God please нeт
>>
>>77917662
isnt rocket league that simplistic firstperson physics soccer game, like that one with trucks but without trucks, and youre meant to be mechs but they just look like generic cartoons, and it recycles the hud from metroid but is otherwise just a middle finger to metroid fans wondering why we aint gettin mo' Prime?
>>
>>77917720
Rocket League is the soccer where you drive a car.

That Metroid Prime hud mech soccer is a different game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
Psychonauts would be one of those cartoons where people go on about how adult it can be and how cartoons can be mature too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6TXYP6qU8I
>>
File: 6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b.jpg (97 KB, 634x488) Image search: [Google]
6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b.jpg
97 KB, 634x488
Just once I'd like to see a cartoon with robots in it that isn't about phoney teen romance and love and friendship and all that hokey garbage being pushed by Xenoblade and Gundam and Eureka Seven and Evangelion.

>abloo abloo i need to emote my feelings!
>robots? lel who cares I'm gonna go on a date with this tsundere girl who actually likes me even though she called me le baka XD!

Forget.

That.

We need a new mech cartoon based on Chromehounds, Metal Wolf Chaos, Mechwarrior, Armored Core, Steel Strider, Assault Suit Valken, etc. And it should have the feeling of Megas XLR where romance didn't really matter, and it was just about friends hanging out and doing stuff.
>>
>>77917772
oh. well they both look really fun but i kind of despise them both being allowed to be called games
>>
>>77917781
desu psychonauts felt unbelievably childish to me in a really 'mega babies' kind of way. i constantly found myself facepalming at the immaturity and the warped art style
however the gameplay, the engine, and the humor were so fucking top notch that i stopped caring.
>>
>>77917781
Just a niggle, but does it bug anyone else when dreams and nightmares are treated as a longterm psychological thing instead of just your brain filing away its short term memory into longterm? it couldnt be more obvious that's what it is, you always have little elements of shit that happened to you, and it's meaningless beyond that.
the other night i had a fantastic and well-plotted dream by watching fallout letsplays, reading about orwell stories, and something something i forget, all right before bed. shit was awesome. but all an exciting or scary dream means is you had some excitement or scare that day
>>
>>77917807
hey dont push xenoblade into that. it didnt have that shit.
youre right about the others though, jesus. always ruins it
>>
>>77917478
>There are people who haven't played the world ends with you
pls

>>77917650
>that cute anime thing that doesnt look like a modern anime thing
Not as unique as you think, but it's something.
>>
File: capture_27072011_084623.png (26 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
capture_27072011_084623.png
26 KB, 512x384
>>77917478
What did you think twewy was?
>>
>>77917846
>In a Mega Babies kind of way

Explain.
>>
>>77917885
it's different when it's a recurring dream/nightmare
>>
>>77917511
my mistake i misread your post

>>77917422
continuing from what i said out of all those games dead rising dying was what rustled me the most especially since DR3 was the most fun game in the series next to off the record.

sure the story was dildos and ruined chuck green but who really played the series for the story?
>>
>>77916529

I don't like asking this in anyway but given their history

is there a chance Anita will be involved in this somehow?
>>
>>77917885
That's what it is on a base level but a lot of therapists still examine people's dreams because it can reveal shit to you that you would either file away or not realize unless it was flung in your face. People who have nightmares every other night often have underlying problems in their life or thoughts. Nightmares can very well be a serious psychological thing on both level and also people who have really terrible ones too often can sometimes deprive themselves of sleep so they won't have to lay down with the fear of having the nightmare, be kept awake all night anyways by their anxiety which only makes the situation worse, have a really terrible nightmare again, then wake up and feel like shit for the rest of the day.
>>
>>77918183
>Anita
>contributing to games instead of just complaining about them
Unlikely.
>>
File: 1445173359528.jpg (106 KB, 600x888) Image search: [Google]
1445173359528.jpg
106 KB, 600x888
I would love a Kid icarus cartoon
>>
>>77918115
DR3 comitted suicide when all the trailors gave the impression is was gonna be a gritty brown n bloom with no funny stuff, just more chainsaws and gore
>>
>>77918235
i kinda wish they lead with the crazy stuff in the trailers like the male stripper boss with the dick shaped flamethrower & crossdressing
>>
>>77916660
characters interractions and the over-the-top actions scenes make me wanting to see more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADeELFwyR5k
>>
>>77916013
>stop making shit up
>he never heard of Broken Age
>>
>>77917662
Undertale lost because it was only on PC.
>>
>>77916565
Why not? He's clearly bored, and ten million for him is like 20 buck for us. If I was filthy rich and incredibly bored, I'd be more than willing to risk a few mil here and there for projects that I'd like to see completed.
>>
>>77914319
>More Star Wars coming out
Fuck this shit. I'm fucking SICK of Star Wars. Turn on TV, Star Wars, take train, Star Wars, read the newspaper, Star Wars, watch the game awards BATTLEFRONT BATTLEFRONT DARK VADER IS MY FAVORITE HERO ;P DISNEY INFINITY STAR WARS DOLLS STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT.
Star Wars partnership with Subway
Star Wars partnership with Bell
Star Wars TOYS everywhere at the BOOK store
Star Wars this, Star Wars that.

The movie isn't fucking out and I'm already sick of seeing Not!R2D2 everyfuckingwhere.

Fuck Star Wars.
And fuck you for enabling that bullshit.
>>
>>77915508
Wow your shill is showing
>>
>200 posts
>not a single mention of this game
Armed and Dangerous was a masterpiece
>>
>>77916746
>trying to be sonic
That's probably because Crash, Spyro, Jak and Daxter were drawn by Charles Zembillas who did the Sonic cartoons.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d5651XSuh0
>>
Every game Schafer has ever made would be a much better cartoon.
>>
File: 1350868561554.jpg (24 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1350868561554.jpg
24 KB, 300x225
>>77915890
You forgot
>Shots fired at Kiefer
>Viva Seifert - THE WITCHER 3!
>!WORLD PREMIERE! - ... Rocket League's coming to Xbone next year
>That Iwata slideshow with the cringe music. I've seen better Powerpoint presentations in grade school.
>Joosten's shitty singing
>The absolutely pathetic whatever-the-fuck-that-was by Deadmau5 as the "big finale"
>Everyone being drunk out of their mind
>Whatever that "get drunk with Bud Light" shit was???
>Literally shitting out the winners to two awards under 30 seconds after you wasted god knows how many minutes shilling Battlefront with FUCKING iJustine.

IJUSTINE

THIS GIRL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28lTUkNmdNg
>>
>>77916605
Don't you get it?
They say /co/ is better because the tumblr userbase finds it more like tumblr.
>>
File: Fur%20Fighters%20PAL%20DC-front.jpg (711 KB, 1424x1411) Image search: [Google]
Fur%20Fighters%20PAL%20DC-front.jpg
711 KB, 1424x1411
>>
>>77920401
Disney has the rights to most of them since they own LucasArts. Don't know what else they'll do with The Secret of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion
>>
>>77920323
While I find you're acting incredibly autistic about this, I agree with you. I am sick to death of Star Wars. I was sick of it years ago. The general public's adamant obsession with this shitty franchise is infuriating.
>>
File: askyourmom.png (208 KB, 410x453) Image search: [Google]
askyourmom.png
208 KB, 410x453
>>77915576
>Tim takes 3.3M dollars and blows money on celebrity voices and then uses the scraps to make a click and point adventure game that Telltale could have farted out in a week and Tim becomes a massive asshole
>Inafune takes 4M and tries to make a franchise out of it instead of making a great game, hires a an asshole community manager and the promised game looks like a fucking game in alpha state
People hate them for basically pissing away and being fucking cunts, Shenmue fucked up with translators fucking up communications but Yu Suzuki has been passionate about making Shenmue 3 for years, and Konami and M$ fucked over good franchises for the sake of appealing to mass market so original devs wanting a return to form is good, but they will be hated too if they pull Tim and Inafune's shit
>>
>>77915187
Some mysteries are better left unsolved.
>>
>>77920653
>doesn't mention that he removed the fucking core mechanic that people paid because muh money
>>
File: paddington.gif (2 MB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
paddington.gif
2 MB, 500x337
>>77916721
>TFW Want a new Jak and Daxter but none of the original team is at Naughty Dog and the concept art new ND made for a Jak 4 made me realize that they would be horrible for making it
>>
File: klonoa.jpg (163 KB, 1016x1000) Image search: [Google]
klonoa.jpg
163 KB, 1016x1000
>>
>>77920653
Well they promised simply to make a point and click adventure game, you dummy. It's not their fault they got way more money than that requires and had to blow it on something. Literally everything they did was either right there in the original pitch or was added before the campaign ended.

No excuse for MN9, though. They promised a classic style game and made half-assed Unity trash.
>>
File: 2d.jpg (18 KB, 464x266) Image search: [Google]
2d.jpg
18 KB, 464x266
>>77917909

I'll be honest, Shulk made me instantly hate Xenoblade because of his damn catchphrases.

>the true power of the monado and love and friendship! durrrrr

And then once the livestreams of Xenoblade X started rolling in, it just got worse from there.

>durrr humans are all evil! we should just disappear from the universe!
>am I kawaii uguu?
>please dress me up in a skimpy outfit onii-chan!
>>
File: 1365463585053.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1365463585053.gif
36 KB, 720x720
>>77920653
>Toby Fox takes 50k and makes a better game with it on his own than Schafer with 3.3 millions and the entire team at Double Fine
>Didn't even need to split his game in two, either
>Didn't even need to beg for more money mid-development
>Didn't get kicked off kickstarter for failing to meet deadlines and agreements

Tim, I like you. You wrote some of the funniest games I ever had the pleasure to play. But could you please, PLEASE let someone else, someone actually competent, get a hold of your enterprise and manage its finances and scheduling? PLEASE? Just... go back to being a writer. Don't be a spokesperson. Don't be a project lead. Don't even THINK of going anywhere near finances. Just. Write.
>>
>>77920709
>got way more money
Yet still managed to run out and had the gals to ask for MORE.
>>
File: FROM THE INSIDE.png (88 KB, 217x353) Image search: [Google]
FROM THE INSIDE.png
88 KB, 217x353
>CTRL+F "Ratchet"
>0 of 0
I'm a little disappointed in all of you.
>>77916861
I agree with this completely. Much of the game felt like "we want the GTA audience".
>>
File: freedom-planet.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
freedom-planet.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
>>77920729
Undertale was really just Toby and like 7 other people dicking around with Game Maker, and even for 50K it's pretty underwhelming
If you really want to see something great for low budget, Freedom Planet was just 25K and it's one of the best games of 2014
>>
>>77920698
Original Concept Artist for those Jak games made that Sonic Boom game, So I'm not even sure if he could make it.
>>
>>77916456
Every board is better than the other boards at their namesake.

For instance, /v/ is a better /co/.
>>
>>77920769

Gameplay-wise, I can see where you're coming from, but the story was absolute bollocks, and I'm surprised they wasted so much money and time on it, and then they voice acted it for who knows how much money. Should've went the Shovel Knight route there.
>>
File: low budget reaction image.gif (2 MB, 316x368) Image search: [Google]
low budget reaction image.gif
2 MB, 316x368
>>77920769
>>77920729
>>77920653
>>77915576

>needing more than 1000 dollars to make an Indie game

Step it up senpai
>>
Now it has been awhile. This could be more shit then I remember.

Also there's no way this wouldn't just be skylanders.
>>
>>77920769
It's a Sonic clone with cringeworthy character designs and cutscenes
>>
File: 1375324030501.jpg (10 KB, 250x326) Image search: [Google]
1375324030501.jpg
10 KB, 250x326
Psychonauts 2's funding campaign is really just an advertisement for Fig, the creators are ex-Double Fine staff and Schafer himself is actually part of the staff working on it
This is their big new plan, make a Kickstarter clone, the hook being that you actually invest money and can apparently make it back
>>
>>77920769
A furbait sonic clone with the exact same gameplay, thus appealing to the peoples' nostalgia for the classics?

Worst video game purchase I ever made.
>>
>people already used up their savings just to save indivisible
>suddenly a 3.3m kickstarter by a fuck up appears
I can't see this happening
>>
>>77914274
Detective Grimoire

Deponia

Guacamelee
>>
File: tracer and widowmaker.jpg (128 KB, 1600x713) Image search: [Google]
tracer and widowmaker.jpg
128 KB, 1600x713
This.
>>
>>77917807
I like some Romance in my Mecha, I love my Xenogears.
>>
>>77920725
I feel the same as a big fan of Xenogears even though it had it's problems I didn't outright hate the characters (Barring Hammer fuck you you furry fuck)
>>
File: Medievil_ressurection.jpg (23 KB, 450x776) Image search: [Google]
Medievil_ressurection.jpg
23 KB, 450x776
Silent protagonist.
>>
>>77921282
This game was the only reason I got a PSP, why the fuck hasn't Sony done anything with it since then?
>>
File: 1405610945350.jpg (182 KB, 1251x1515) Image search: [Google]
1405610945350.jpg
182 KB, 1251x1515
>>77921512
because it sold like shit because it's not cool and with it enough.
>>
>>77920782
>Every board is better than the other boards at their namesake.
Find me a better /f/ then.
>>
>>77920803
no, they've all aged really well. Id sell my soul for another classic spyro game
>>
>>77920769
Freedom planet's biggest mistake was thinking Sonic The Hedgehog was a good game.

It and all other furry mascot games were mediocre and the only reason Sonic is seen as the best of them is because its franchise endured like a shambling zombie long after those games stopped being popular
>>
File: AO.jpg (3 KB, 97x95) Image search: [Google]
AO.jpg
3 KB, 97x95
>>
File: Awesomenauts-Banner.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
Awesomenauts-Banner.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
Awesomenauts. Play it up as an unironic, no holds barred 80s era saturday morning action cartoon, complete with PSAs at the end of every episode.
>>
>>77917384
Then get new voice actors
>>
>>77921282
I want a Medieval movie, because it's actually a pretty fantastic story for a movie-verse and Sir Daniel is that good balance of wacky and badass that little kids would love.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.